sufferedsince 68
40 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40  Next
AuthorMessage
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 39 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 39 EmptyThu May 03, 2018 8:28 pm

Monday morning 8 am Suffers, as Lord Akkeron indicated - when the seasons finished, the theatre of schemes will be a frenzy of building activity, you wait and see.

sarcasm
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 39 EmptyThu May 03, 2018 9:03 pm

I firmly believe there were two specs, one in league 1, and one in the championship. The button will be pressed within a week. It'll be an absolute mess, with the club fronting the overspend.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 39 EmptyThu May 03, 2018 9:28 pm

I've probably missed the announcement but who are the contractors? For the mankover that is?

I know the GT's industrial lash-up firm were announced. But has the mankover contract been formally awarded?
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 39 EmptyThu May 03, 2018 11:41 pm

beesrus wrote:
I firmly believe there were two specs, one in league 1, and one in the championship.

Your imagination working overtime again?  Did we drop the league 2 version in January?

What would the differences be?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 39 EmptyFri May 04, 2018 5:31 am

With a promotion, more football money would have been redirected into what is plainly a pig's ear of a plan. Now, either the finished (Lol ) article will pull up short or the club will end up with a larger debt than the originally published figure. I suspect the premium door knobs have now been shelved.
If you're that concerned, why don't you waste more of your meaningless life and ask the project manager, I'm sure he'll oblige.
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 39 EmptyFri May 04, 2018 6:02 am

beesrus wrote:
More football money would have been redirected into what is plainly a pig's ear of a plan. Now, either the finished (Lol ) article will pull up short or the club will end up with a larger debt than the originally published figure. I suspect the premium door knobs have now been shelved.
If you're that concerned, why don't you waste more of your life and ask the project manager, I'm sure he'll oblige.

Nah...  I obviously wasted enough time asking you.

You obviously don't realize, if I ask the project manager he will say what crazy figment of your imagination are you talking about?  

I don't want to look a fool, so I ask you again...  What plan, or plans for the different leagues?  Surely you can explain your own ideas about the differences in "Specs".

Remember the golden rule?  

Duh.  Think before you speak!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 39 EmptyFri May 04, 2018 6:50 am

Rickler wrote:
I don't want to look a fool

A bit late for that. Maybe there's someone else you could ask a question of. Someone will oblige you foreshore.
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 39 EmptyFri May 04, 2018 6:56 am

beesrus wrote:

Someone will oblige you foreshore.

Obviously not you...

C'mon explain yourself. What are the differences between the League 1 and Championship "specs"?

Surely you've had enough time to think of something?

Well, it is you....
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

Location : Wormwood Scrubs awaiting the imminent arrival of Johnson..

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 39 EmptyFri May 04, 2018 7:03 am

Czarcasm wrote:
I've probably missed the announcement but who are the contractors? For the mankover that is?

I know the GT's industrial lash-up firm were announced. But has the mankover contract been formally awarded?

Hasn't been announced as far as I know. In the Brent world of complete serial non development a contractor being appointed would be big news.
Anyone who is involved in building contracts (I am using someones words who is) will know that an apppointment of a contractor is only the first stage and at that point the logistics and the start of pulling materials and skilled labour together etc etc in one place and thats not easy begins. (see my thread on Princess yachts last night)  It doesnt happen overnight and typically 3-6 months is the norm.

Maybe Brent has been dealing with it behind the scenes without revealing any details these last few months who knows. Last concrete detail I had was GL Events had told him cheaper to knock it down and start again.

I noticed one of our globe trotting freechat friends mentioned again yesterday the shortly to be announced "unpalatable news" for all

Who knows maybe Lord Akkeron will surprise everyone and start on Monday  popcorn
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 39 EmptyFri May 04, 2018 7:28 am

Harve, It's almost certain the green light will be given as soon as this season's football finishes, and Brent and Hallett have a definitive confirmation of the club's income next year. It is my belief they have stalled from their initial timetable due to the unexpected challenge for the play offs and promotion that would have given them a comparatively huge hike in club income next season. Their eyes would have been bulging.
The only question now is what stadium enhancement will the club get for it's rather large mortgage at the end of the flurry of dust, and will it end up being far more expensive than trailed. As Brent has shown at Oldway Manor, his projects have a habit of changing mid stream.
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 39 EmptyFri May 04, 2018 7:33 am

Who knows maybe Lord Akkeron will surprise everyone and start on Monday  

The shyster never fails to surprise me. elephant
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 39 EmptyFri May 04, 2018 2:05 pm

beesrus wrote:
Harve, It's almost certain the green light will be given as soon as this season's football finishes, and Brent and Hallett have a definitive confirmation of the club's income next year. It is my belief they have stalled from their initial timetable due to the unexpected challenge for the play offs and promotion that would have given them a comparatively huge hike in club income next season. Their eyes would have been bulging.
The only question now  is what stadium enhancement will the club get for it's rather large mortgage at the end of the flurry of dust, and will it end up being far more expensive than trailed. As Brent has shown at Oldway Manor, his projects have a habit of changing mid stream.

Sounds very plausible to me, league 1 next year and we have a shortfall on the refurb budget, promotion, extra £6m (and Dels managed miracles so far with fook all money so why should next year be any different?) and the jobs a goodun.
Back to top Go down
RegGreen

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 39 EmptyFri May 04, 2018 5:04 pm

beesrus wrote:
The only question now  is what stadium enhancement will the club get for it's rather large mortgage at the end of the flurry of dust, and will it end up being far more expensive than trailed. As Brent has shown at Oldway Manor, his projects have a habit of changing mid stream.
Good Post
Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 39 EmptyFri May 04, 2018 5:49 pm

akagreengull wrote:

lol! lol! lol! lol! Monday Morning at the Brentihad............. tumbleweed tumbleweed tumbleweed tumbleweed tumbleweed
Back to top Go down
RegGreen

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 39 EmptyFri May 04, 2018 7:06 pm

sufferedsince 68 wrote:
akagreengull wrote:

lol! lol! lol! lol! Monday Morning at the Brentihad............. tumbleweed tumbleweed tumbleweed tumbleweed tumbleweed
. Still 52 Monday mornings later tumbleweed tumbleweed tumbleweed tumbleweed ..... lol!
Back to top Go down
Punchdrunk

Punchdrunk

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 39 EmptyFri May 04, 2018 8:59 pm

I see on PASOTI Nick the Pastie thinks it's great that we have missed out on the play offs.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

My old man (An Arsenal fan living in Plymouth) always used to say the insular locals don't want success and dullards like this are proof of the pudding.
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 39 EmptyFri May 04, 2018 10:03 pm

That's just silly.

There's only 3 outcomes that matter: promoted, stay in the division, relegated.

Promotion would obviously be a cause for celebration and relegation an obvious disaster which leaves us with stay in the division. I suppose the idea that we should celebrate staying in the third division goes to show how low expectations in some quarters are.
Back to top Go down
http://sicparvismagna.com
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 39 EmptyFri May 04, 2018 10:07 pm

From what I understood he was arguing that progression this season would interfere with progression next season but I doubt he was talking about the football. Feckin hopeless.
Back to top Go down
RegGreen

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 39 EmptyFri May 04, 2018 10:19 pm

Punchdrunk wrote:
I see on PASOTI Nick the Pastie thinks it's great that we have missed out on the play offs.

My old man (An Arsenal fan living in Plymouth) always used to say the insular locals don't want success and dullards like this are proof of the pudding.
seems your old man was a good judge of character punch
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 39 EmptySat May 05, 2018 6:56 am

The time for excuses is running out. If we don’t make the playoffs then there is no reason why the mankover shouldn’t be able to start.

Oh.....apart from the fact that the club don’t have the finances to do it. Hallett has offered to increase his loan to cover the cost but this would dilute Brent’s 50.1% majority ownership. Brent could of course match Hallet’s increased loan to maintain his majority but he won’t. Why is Brent so desperate to hold onto control and hold the club back?

In other news Forest are sniffing around Carey and a fee of £2 million has been mentioned.
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 39 EmptySat May 05, 2018 7:12 am

Frank Bullitt wrote:
The time for excuses is running out. If we don’t make the playoffs then there is no reason why the mankover shouldn’t be able to start.

Oh.....apart from the fact that the club don’t have the finances to do it. Hallett has offered to increase his loan to cover the cost but this would dilute Brent’s 50.1% majority ownership. Brent could of course match Hallet’s increased loan to maintain his majority but he won’t. Why is Brent so desperate to hold onto control and hold the club back?

In other news Forest are sniffing around Carey and a fee of £2 million has been mentioned.

Carey is gone, if not to Forest then to someone else. But the £2m or whatever we get will go the same way as the rest of the money. With DA also very likely to go to a proper club, Akkeron will be relegated back to the basement next season.

Very shit times ahead.
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 39 EmptySat May 05, 2018 7:15 am

Punchdrunk wrote:

Not an Argo fan. A brent fan.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 39 EmptySat May 05, 2018 7:35 am

Frank Bullitt wrote:
the club don’t have the finances to do it. Hallett has offered to increase his loan to cover the cost but this would dilute Brent’s 50.1% majority ownership. Brent could of course match Hallet’s increased loan to maintain his majority but he won’t. Why is Brent so desperate to hold onto control and hold the club back?

There's two choices, both of which have been speculated on here. One is to increase the amount of the club mortgage that has been previoiusly portrayed as £4million, the second is to reduce the spec and what actually gets "rennovated".

I believe Brent has to continue controlling  the club because it is his immediate HHP neighbour. He won't want the club being unco-operative with his ongoing personal profiteering next door that is bound to change shape in the not too distant future. Then there's the land the temporary GT thing will inhabit for 5 years in the stadium corner. I suspect he's got his eyes on that too, or maybe he might just have other future plans to sell the whole stadium to himself for a pittance and become the club's absentee landlord, doing a Coventry. Anything is possible with this chancer.
Bad news about Carey, if true.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 39 EmptySat May 05, 2018 7:48 am

Frank Bullitt wrote:

We could build some corners for that!!
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 39 EmptySat May 05, 2018 9:10 am

Carey is a decent player at our level but 2 million, lol, Green Jim would personally drive him to his new club of choice for a tenth of that.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 39 Empty

Back to top Go down

The Mankover all action Thread.
Page 39 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40  Next