PatDunne
sufferedsince 68
PlymptonPilgrim
Tgwu
25 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage

Toumani Diagouraga set to leave - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Toumani Diagouraga set to leave   Toumani Diagouraga set to leave - Page 3 EmptyThu Jan 04, 2018 12:49 pm

Huge swathes of Cornwall have always gone where the money is. Currently that appears to be the London area. Used to be South America/Australia.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Toumani Diagouraga set to leave   Toumani Diagouraga set to leave - Page 3 EmptyThu Jan 04, 2018 1:06 pm

It happens in EVERY walk of life. My brother was head-hunted and moved continents because of it. He had no desire or inclination to move from the great job/life he had, so when asked what level of remuneration/relocation package he would want, he quoted the firm a stupid figure thinking it would be laughed out of the room.

Rediculously and to his amazement they said "Yes". He simply couldn't turn it down and has been Stateside ever since.

You wouldn't even need to pay Diags the rediculous figure. I reckon if we offered a competitive figure on a decent length contract we'd have a real chance.

The problem is the bean counters making the decisions.
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

Location : Wormwood Scrubs awaiting the imminent arrival of Johnson..

PostSubject: Re: Toumani Diagouraga set to leave   Toumani Diagouraga set to leave - Page 3 EmptyThu Jan 04, 2018 1:45 pm

According to Errington who for the first time ever has responded on freechat he's spoke with Adams this morning and by no means is this a done deal that he's leaving
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Toumani Diagouraga set to leave   Toumani Diagouraga set to leave - Page 3 EmptyThu Jan 04, 2018 2:30 pm

harvetheslayer wrote:
According to Errington who for the first time ever has responded on freechat he's spoke with Adams this morning and by no means is this a done deal that he's leaving

so why run the article that it is???

seriously why is the herald still operating?
Back to top Go down
MikeWN

PostSubject: Re: Toumani Diagouraga set to leave   Toumani Diagouraga set to leave - Page 3 EmptyThu Jan 04, 2018 3:17 pm

Czarcasm wrote:
You wouldn't even need to pay Diags the rediculous figure. I reckon if we offered a competitive figure on a decent length contract we'd have a real chance.

Thing is, I think the opposite is more likely to be true. We're still a club hovering near the foot of League One, with questionable facilities and ambition, located 5 and half hours away from his family. If he was offered terms that were similar to what Argyle have put on the table by, say, Rotherham or Bradford, I reckon he'd be off like a shot.

We'll have to put in the best financial offer, because (unless he's a surfer or likes walking on the moors) the intangibles are are a bit rubbish.
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

Location : Wormwood Scrubs awaiting the imminent arrival of Johnson..

PostSubject: Re: Toumani Diagouraga set to leave   Toumani Diagouraga set to leave - Page 3 EmptyThu Jan 04, 2018 3:18 pm

Angry wrote:
harvetheslayer wrote:

so why run the article that it is???

seriously why is the herald still operating?

God alone knows. If you are on Freechat you see after Errington responded to me I claimed I was going to faint. He holds the title for threads started not surprisingly, but before today had never ever responded subsequently within a thread
Back to top Go down
zyph

zyph

PostSubject: Re: Toumani Diagouraga set to leave   Toumani Diagouraga set to leave - Page 3 EmptyThu Jan 04, 2018 3:46 pm

MikeWN wrote:
Czarcasm wrote:

Thing is, I think the opposite is more likely to be true. We're still a club hovering near the foot of League One, with questionable facilities and ambition, located 5 and half hours away from his family. If he was offered terms that were similar to what Argyle have put on the table by, say, Rotherham or Bradford, I reckon he'd be off like a shot.

We'll have to put in the best financial offer, because (unless he's a surfer or likes walking on the moors) the intangibles are are a bit rubbish.

Plenty of moors in Yorkshire.
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PostSubject: Re: Toumani Diagouraga set to leave   Toumani Diagouraga set to leave - Page 3 EmptyThu Jan 04, 2018 3:47 pm

The nonsense on facebook about short term contracts and those that agree with them is a scandal.

Those who do like these sort of contracts are blind and just give the green light to Brent and his austerity.

Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Toumani Diagouraga set to leave   Toumani Diagouraga set to leave - Page 3 EmptyThu Jan 04, 2018 4:03 pm

MikeWN wrote:
Czarcasm wrote:

You’re probably right. The length of contract would have to be sufficient to merit a relocation of his clan. Can’t see our hierarchy sanctioning it.
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: Toumani Diagouraga set to leave   Toumani Diagouraga set to leave - Page 3 EmptyThu Jan 04, 2018 4:31 pm

Just throwing another idea into the mix: maybe he likes it here?

He's turned up out of the blue, walzted right into the team, won far more than he has lost, is playing every week. All of that must count for something or am I being naive?
Back to top Go down
http://sicparvismagna.com

PostSubject: Re: Toumani Diagouraga set to leave   Toumani Diagouraga set to leave - Page 3 EmptyThu Jan 04, 2018 5:34 pm

He needed to put himself in the shop window hence the short term contract to see what’s out there in January, Adams has offered a 6month contract in the hope it may persuade him to stay at least till end of the season, get game time, back with family in 6 months rather than 18 months, see what’s out there for the 17/18 season, which helps us and him, if he stays I wouldn’t be surprised if it was for 6 months for that reason.
Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68

PostSubject: Re: Toumani Diagouraga set to leave   Toumani Diagouraga set to leave - Page 3 EmptyThu Jan 04, 2018 5:45 pm

Money talks but the akkeron Masters wont compete with any club above non league status.
New Grandstand (like Exeter) no thats not for Englands biggest village.
Argyle will remain teminally crap and going nowhere when a large number of the fanbase are forelock tugging fvckwits who its seems are happy with an owner like Brent.
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: Toumani Diagouraga set to leave   Toumani Diagouraga set to leave - Page 3 EmptyThu Jan 04, 2018 6:07 pm

sufferedsince 68 wrote:
Money talks but the akkeron Masters wont compete with any club above non league status.
New Grandstand (like Exeter) no thats not for Englands biggest village.
Argyle will remain teminally crap and going nowhere when a large number of the fanbase are forelock tugging fvckwits who its seems are happy with an owner like Brent.

Couldn't have put it better myself Suffers, let them have the club they deserve.
"thank eeee sir for saving Plimuff Argo"
deadhorse
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Toumani Diagouraga set to leave   Toumani Diagouraga set to leave - Page 3 EmptySat Jan 06, 2018 7:47 pm

Fleetwood.

But at least we still have a club to support.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Toumani Diagouraga set to leave   Toumani Diagouraga set to leave - Page 3 EmptySat Jan 06, 2018 7:52 pm

Confirmed by Adams that he's played his last game for us.

Difficult to think of a player that has had more of an impact in such a short spell at the club. Elliot Ward may come close, possibly.

Desperately sad he's leaving. Hopefully the upward trend he's been the lynchpin of can continue but he's a massive loss.
Back to top Go down
Lord Melbury

PostSubject: Re: Toumani Diagouraga set to leave   Toumani Diagouraga set to leave - Page 3 EmptySat Jan 06, 2018 7:54 pm

If the fact that we can't won't compete for a key player with a tiny club with an average attendance of just over 3K doesn't wake a few Avivas up to the damage brent is doing to Argyle then nothing will.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Toumani Diagouraga set to leave   Toumani Diagouraga set to leave - Page 3 EmptySat Jan 06, 2018 7:58 pm

i refuse to believe that if we offered him a decent contract his family would have been moved nearer in a heartbeat.

Cant keep offering low ball deals brent players arent interested in them,
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: Toumani Diagouraga set to leave   Toumani Diagouraga set to leave - Page 3 EmptySat Jan 06, 2018 8:43 pm

Just another January transfer window under the brentmare  - losing our most influential player to Fleetwood.  Argo fans thoroughly deserve this relegation for not getting angry and sitting back and doing nothing while this parasite bleeds the club dry.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Toumani Diagouraga set to leave   Toumani Diagouraga set to leave - Page 3 EmptySat Jan 06, 2018 8:55 pm

I can't think of a more damning indictment of the Brent austere short termism than this departure. Once Diagouraga settled in, things quickly followed with a slightly different role for Carey, the introduction of a born again Lameiras and the very good feet of Taylor up front.
This should never have happened and fans will not be happy if that new found balance, sometimes only found by chance, is lost and results take a turn for the worse once again. It won't take a genius to put two and two together. Sometimes you get a bit of luck in football, and you're supposed to ride it, not ditch it.
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: Toumani Diagouraga set to leave   Toumani Diagouraga set to leave - Page 3 EmptySat Jan 06, 2018 9:06 pm

Maybe the Portakabins and potholes put him off staying.
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: Toumani Diagouraga set to leave   Toumani Diagouraga set to leave - Page 3 EmptySat Jan 06, 2018 9:07 pm

Lord Melbury wrote:
If the fact that we can't won't compete for a key player with a tiny club with an average attendance of just over 3K doesn't wake a few Avivas up to the damage brent is doing to Argyle then nothing will.

Nothing will - clearly. :Suicide:
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Toumani Diagouraga set to leave   Toumani Diagouraga set to leave - Page 3 EmptySat Jan 06, 2018 9:10 pm

Akkeron are a Fleetwood feeder club.
Players gain their fitness and form down here, then off to the big time. You couldn't make it up. Razz
Reminds me when Norris left for rivals lower than ourselves mid season, and we all know what ensued then.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Toumani Diagouraga set to leave   Toumani Diagouraga set to leave - Page 3 EmptySat Jan 06, 2018 9:33 pm

“Today, I played my last game for Argyle and I would like to give a massive thanks to the club and especially the fans,” he said.

“I’ve really enjoyed my time here and the support from all the fans and everyone around the club has been amazing.

“I hope you will all understand that I made a decision to move closer to my young family. I wish the boys and the club all the best in the future.”
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: Toumani Diagouraga set to leave   Toumani Diagouraga set to leave - Page 3 EmptySat Jan 06, 2018 9:41 pm

Graiser wrote:
“Today, I played my last game for Argyle and I would like to give a massive thanks to the club and especially the fans,” he said.

“I’ve really enjoyed my time here and the support from all the fans and everyone around the club has been amazing.

“I hope you will all understand that I made a decision to move closer to my young family. I wish the boys and the club all the best in the future.”

.....but, if Mr Brent had offered me an extra grand a week I'd have moved my young family closer to me.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Toumani Diagouraga set to leave   Toumani Diagouraga set to leave - Page 3 EmptySat Jan 06, 2018 9:50 pm

Of course I love you. I just need time out to get my head together.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Toumani Diagouraga set to leave   Toumani Diagouraga set to leave - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Toumani Diagouraga set to leave
Page 3 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next