Czarcasm
Dougie
Damon.Lenszner
18 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
merse

Two In - Confirmed on OS - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Two In - Confirmed on OS   Two In - Confirmed on OS - Page 4 EmptyWed Feb 01, 2012 10:15 am

Coxside_Green wrote:
Sensiblegreeny wrote:
What is wrong with a bit of belief in something for a change.

Where's the belief from the Club?
Back in November hopes were raised when Purse and Chadders joined us, supposedly on 18 month contracts to be signed this month with more reinforcements to join in January. Instead Purse only signs until the end of the season, in case we get relegated, how negative is that?. The only reinforcements to join are an Argyle fan and some short-term gambles. This window has done nothing to suggest the Club has any confidence of being in the FL next season!

Belief or realism?

Your club's apparent inactivity on the transfer front mirrors that of Torquay United whilst under the stewardship of Chris Roberts who was hell bent on avoiding committing to Football League level contracts when there was a distinct possibility (in the event it did happen) that Football League status was about to be lost. That is why Darren Purse has only been signed until the end of the season, and the rest are gambles in the cheaper end of the loan market.

Just get used to it, James Brent has no major priority in chucking good money after bad to keep the club in the Football League; it's not his reason for taking the club into his portfolio of businesses ~ surely anyone can see that.

Argyle might survive, but they probably will not; and if the club goes broke once again in The Conference (and it might because the standards of manager and players you are currently employing and taking on board, would only see you replicate the struggles of Stockport and Lincoln in that tough league) next season then he has what he really wants...............that piece of land on which to build a hotel.

All that saved Torquay United in the event was Mike Bateson invoking the "claw back" aspect of his contract of sale to Chris Roberts' and his consortium when the consortium withdrew their backing of Roberts after taking note of The Trust's vote of no confidence in him and he couldn't keep up the payments of purchase. Then Bateson did what he should have done in the first place ~ sell on to the current ownership who immediately (within ten minutes of taking control) had to rid themselves of the idiotic managerial appointment he maliciously made on the morning of the sale and send Leroy Rosenior packing back up the M5 with fifteen grand in his pocket for agreeing to be the stool pigeon with which the embittered previous owner beat the enthusiastic and enlightened new owners.

Your club is still being cynically used as a tool for an ulterior motive!
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Two In - Confirmed on OS   Two In - Confirmed on OS - Page 4 EmptyWed Feb 01, 2012 10:23 am

You mean 'James Brent DOESN'T get it ?' Our dynamic duo told us he does.

Not another case of businessman conning local dough boys all along, pleeeeeeeeeease ! He was so reluctant too ! I expect he did suggest early doors, that car parking spots were awaiting loyal men who present a compliant and trusting fanbase.

Back to top Go down
Coxside_Green

PostSubject: Re: Two In - Confirmed on OS   Two In - Confirmed on OS - Page 4 EmptyWed Feb 01, 2012 11:10 am

merse wrote:
Coxside_Green wrote:
Sensiblegreeny wrote:
What is wrong with a bit of belief in something for a change.

Where's the belief from the Club?
Back in November hopes were raised when Purse and Chadders joined us, supposedly on 18 month contracts to be signed this month with more reinforcements to join in January. Instead Purse only signs until the end of the season, in case we get relegated, how negative is that?. The only reinforcements to join are an Argyle fan and some short-term gambles. This window has done nothing to suggest the Club has any confidence of being in the FL next season!

Belief or realism?

Your club's apparent inactivity on the transfer front mirrors that of Torquay United whilst under the stewardship of Chris Roberts who was hell bent on avoiding committing to Football League level contracts when there was a distinct possibility (in the event it did happen) that Football League status was about to be lost. That is why Darren Purse has only been signed until the end of the season, and the rest are gambles in the cheaper end of the loan market.

Just get used to it, James Brent has no major priority in chucking good money after bad to keep the club in the Football League; it's not his reason for taking the club into his portfolio of businesses ~ surely anyone can see that.

Argyle might survive, but they probably will not; and if the club goes broke once again in The Conference (and it might because the standards of manager and players you are currently employing and taking on board, would only see you replicate the struggles of Stockport and Lincoln in that tough league) next season then he has what he really wants...............that piece of land on which to build a hotel.

All that saved Torquay United in the event was Mike Bateson invoking the "claw back" aspect of his contract of sale to Chris Roberts' and his consortium when the consortium withdrew their backing of Roberts after taking note of The Trust's vote of no confidence in him and he couldn't keep up the payments of purchase. Then Bateson did what he should have done in the first place ~ sell on to the current ownership who immediately (within ten minutes of taking control) had to rid themselves of the idiotic managerial appointment he maliciously made on the morning of the sale and send Leroy Rosenior packing back up the M5 with fifteen grand in his pocket for agreeing to be the stool pigeon with which the embittered previous owner beat the enthusiastic and enlightened new owners.

Your club is still being cynically used as a tool for an ulterior motive!

Not sure why you quoted me TBH.

Greeny never asked about realism, only about belief, hence my response the Club has done nothing to instill belief.

As far as I'm concerned, Brent has now proven beyond all doubt he doesn't give a flying one about the team and which league we're playing in next season. As for getting used to it, it's nothing new, football has been secondary to property for far too long already.
Back to top Go down
merse

PostSubject: Re: Two In - Confirmed on OS   Two In - Confirmed on OS - Page 4 EmptyWed Feb 01, 2012 11:44 am

Coxside_Green wrote:

Greeny never asked about realism, only about belief, hence my response the Club has done nothing to instill belief.

I quoted you as a justification for explaining the parallels with the way Torquay United were allowed to slide into The Conference ~ selling leading goal scorer Jamie Ward at the closing of the transfer window too along the way ~ and to back up your argument against the "belief" plea.

I see your manager has re-iterated that there was no finance available to bring in "proven strikers", thus proving my point. At the time resistance was building against Roberts yet another hotelier with a self confessed "no interest or knowledge of football" ~ Keith Richardson of Richardson Hotels ~ tried to put himself forward as the knight on a white charger, but it was significant that he was (a) the host of the aforementioned Chris Roberts who was living it up in style with his family in Richardson's Grand Hotel at the Football Club's expense and that (b) The Grand happened to be right next door to The sea front Recreation Ground on which Roberts and his consortium had designs of acquiring and developing as a hotel come leisure and retail complex with a football/athletics stadium in the middle of it with the landlords (Torbay Borough Council) selling it to him for a peppercorn amount and then themselves being able to sell Plainmoor to the development market once Torquay United had moved into the shiny new stadium.

With his past unhealthy interest in all things Torquay United one would have thought the Idiot Janner Numpy (Ian Newell) would have this logged somewhere in his thick skull and acted appropriately as regards Brent and his designs on Gnome Park, but no.

Now I'm all for my football club having a shiny new fit for purpose stadium in a prime location, but not at the expense of surrendering all the extra curricular revenue streams (and thus their only realistic way of operating at a profit in the future) to the landlord, as it transpired they would have been required to do.

It all sounds so familiar doesn't it!
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Two In - Confirmed on OS   Two In - Confirmed on OS - Page 4 EmptyWed Feb 01, 2012 11:59 am

merse wrote:
Coxside_Green wrote:

I quoted you as a justification for explaining the parallels with the way Torquay United were allowed to slide into The Conference ~ selling leading goal scorer Jamie Ward at the closing of the transfer window too along the way ~ and to back up your argument against the "belief" plea.

I see your manager has re-iterated that there was no finance available to bring in "proven strikers", thus proving my point. At the time resistance was building against Roberts yet another hotelier with a self confessed "no interest or knowledge of football" ~ Keith Richardson of Richardson Hotels ~ tried to put himself forward as the knight on a white charger, but it was significant that he was (a) the host of the aforementioned Chris Roberts who was living it up in style with his family in Richardson's Grand Hotel at the Football Club's expense and that (b) The Grand happened to be right next door to The sea front Recreation Ground on which Roberts and his consortium had designs of acquiring and developing as a hotel come leisure and retail complex with a football/athletics stadium in the middle of it with the landlords (Torbay Borough Council) selling it to him for a peppercorn amount and then themselves being able to sell Plainmoor to the development market once Torquay United had moved into the shiny new stadium.

With his past unhealthy interest in all things Torquay United one would have thought the Idiot Janner Numpy (Ian Newell) would have this logged somewhere in his thick skull and acted appropriately as regards Brent and his designs on Gnome Park, but no.

Now I'm all for my football club having a shiny new fit for purpose stadium in a prime location, but not at the expense of surrendering all the extra curricular revenue streams (and thus their only realistic way of operating at a profit in the future) to the landlord, as it transpired they would have been required to do.

It all sounds so familiar doesn't it!

Indeed it does. Sadly.
Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Two In - Confirmed on OS   Two In - Confirmed on OS - Page 4 EmptyWed Feb 01, 2012 11:59 am

Womble wrote:
Sensiblegreeny wrote:
Well it shows enthusiasm for the moaning bit and I did say that enthusiasm was a positive word ergo you must be right. Damn I missed that.

If this was pasoti you would be banned for trolling. The most negative person on here is you. I have not seen a single person really critisising the signings (I ignore Freathy), there wait and see is both hopeful and realistic. The thread on pasoti is far more negative than the one here.

You seem to hate it that some people have a different opionion than you and feel the need to shout them down. For some people merely expressing their own opinion isnt enough, they feel that they must also change other peoples opinions.

You are the biggest whinger on thsi site - quite an achievement my friend. You seem filled with bile about the mere existance of ATD, yet post on it more than anyone.

You have hit the nail on the head Womble, he's havin a larf!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Two In - Confirmed on OS   Two In - Confirmed on OS - Page 4 EmptyWed Feb 01, 2012 3:34 pm

It's a bloody good job this isn't PASOTI then Womble. My posts total 104 or 105 if you count this one. Hardly overwhelming in the numbers total. The whole point of arguing a topic is surely to try to persuade others that your view is the right one isn't it? Otherwise what is the point in debate at all. I hardly shouted in a keyboard way either. I have an opinion of the way ATD works and the style of the posters on here. It comes across to me that all things PASOTI are bad and this is the alternative view forum to a lot of things, not all, that PASOTI do or say. I may change that view as time goes on but if you don't like my style of argument then sorry about that but don't expect me to change anytime soon just to appease your sensibilities. If I may say so, your post to me is in a similar style to PASOTI's if anyone dissents. But my skin is thick and you are entitled to air your opinion of me just as much as I am regarding ATD or any other subject for that matter.
Back to top Go down
pepsipete

pepsipete

PostSubject: Re: Two In - Confirmed on OS   Two In - Confirmed on OS - Page 4 EmptyWed Feb 01, 2012 4:12 pm

Freedom of expression was the intention of those of us who established this site, and all views are welcome, subject to the law of the land.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Two In - Confirmed on OS   Two In - Confirmed on OS - Page 4 EmptyWed Feb 01, 2012 4:30 pm

So womble thinks that sensiblegreeny is,and I quote....."filled with bile about the mere existance of ATD".........

He sounds a very level headed fellow that at present hasn't become indoctrinated by the bile that spews forth from some on this sight.

In fact "BILE" sounds a good second name for ATD..... as it is used by some of it's posters..........Bitter In Lethal Extremes............or BILE for short.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Two In - Confirmed on OS   Two In - Confirmed on OS - Page 4 EmptyWed Feb 01, 2012 4:41 pm

Please don't confuse me with somebody who wants to become embroiled in a PASOTI/ATD argument or believes either is in the right or wrong. I am neutral in that context as I have not joined in. Neither do I think responses to me are bile or anything like it. If you do then you have led a very sheltered life. Womble is entitled to an opinion of me if he wants to have one. I am quite grown up, in fact quite grown old, and can fight my own battles if I have one. I have no wish to become the subject of a slanging match between others as there seems to be enough ammunition and participants between sites for that already.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Two In - Confirmed on OS   Two In - Confirmed on OS - Page 4 EmptyWed Feb 01, 2012 4:43 pm

ZYPH wrote:
So womble thinks that sensiblegreeny is,and I quote....."filled with bile about the mere existance of ATD"..........

I must say Womble was rather over the top with his thoughts on Sensible... there's some strange opinion out there. A wind up merchant, quite probably, but not full of bile. He just gives of his opinion and is a very welcome poster, as is Womble of course, he keeps Cobi in check flower
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Two In - Confirmed on OS   Two In - Confirmed on OS - Page 4 EmptyWed Feb 01, 2012 4:50 pm

ZYPH wrote:
So womble thinks that sensiblegreeny is,and I quote....."filled with bile about the mere existance of ATD".........

He sounds a very level headed fellow that at present hasn't become indoctrinated by the bile that spews forth from some on this sight.

In fact "BILE" sounds a good second name for ATD..... as it is used by some of it's posters..........Bitter In Lethal Extremes............or BILE for short.

jocolor
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Two In - Confirmed on OS   Two In - Confirmed on OS - Page 4 EmptyWed Feb 01, 2012 4:55 pm

Just to show I'm advancing in years but still "down with the boys", diversity is not only a modern dance troop but a must in life. If not then we might as well all go live in Stepford. My tongue is always only in the oral cavity and never in the other one.............
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Two In - Confirmed on OS   Two In - Confirmed on OS - Page 4 EmptyWed Feb 01, 2012 5:02 pm

Careful ZYPH, you are in danger of tarring us all with the same brush. We might be 'freaks and cowards' (yeah right Rolling Eyes) but not all the posters on here are bitter at all, let alone in the extreme!

We, as Pete points out, tolerate all points of view here - providing it's legal. So just because someone disagrees with you doesn't make you right and them wrong or vice versa.

flower
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Two In - Confirmed on OS   Two In - Confirmed on OS - Page 4 EmptyWed Feb 01, 2012 5:03 pm

Sensiblegreeny wrote:
Just to show I'm advancing in years but still "down with the boys", diversity is not only a modern dance troop but a must in life. If not then we might as well all go live in Stepford. My tongue is always only in the oral cavity and never in the other one.............

You wanna be "down wiv da kids" really....

and Diversity are, I believe, a troupe. afro
Back to top Go down
pepsipete

pepsipete

PostSubject: Re: Two In - Confirmed on OS   Two In - Confirmed on OS - Page 4 EmptyWed Feb 01, 2012 5:06 pm

Our philosophy was to discuss things like "down the local" lets try to keep debate at that level, all shades of opinion and no abuse. Don't want anybody getting "glassed"
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Two In - Confirmed on OS   Two In - Confirmed on OS - Page 4 EmptyWed Feb 01, 2012 5:07 pm

It does seem to be standard requirement to be "over the top" in the way you answer on this website...........maybe in that lays the problem.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Two In - Confirmed on OS   Two In - Confirmed on OS - Page 4 EmptyWed Feb 01, 2012 5:11 pm

Cerbera wrote:
Careful ZYPH, you are in danger of tarring us all with the same brush. We might be 'freaks and cowards' (yeah right Rolling Eyes) but not all the posters on here are bitter at all, let alone in the extreme!

We, as Pete points out, tolerate all points of view here - providing it's legal. So just because someone disagrees with you doesn't make you right and them wrong or vice versa.

flower

Cerbera............I did say "some" posters.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Two In - Confirmed on OS   Two In - Confirmed on OS - Page 4 EmptyWed Feb 01, 2012 5:12 pm

ZYPH wrote:
It does seem to be standard requirement to be "over the top" in the way you answer on this website...........maybe in that lays the problem.

scratch Hmmm, I'd probably go with, "therein lies the problem."

But hey, welcome to the site. geek
Back to top Go down
Charlie Wood

Charlie Wood

PostSubject: Re: Two In - Confirmed on OS   Two In - Confirmed on OS - Page 4 EmptyWed Feb 01, 2012 5:14 pm

It might be a problem for you but I don't have any problem in the way this site asks the difficult questions. It's refreshing and everybody is welcome to put their own point of view.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Two In - Confirmed on OS   Two In - Confirmed on OS - Page 4 EmptyWed Feb 01, 2012 5:16 pm

Indeed you did, but I would suggest that you refrain from that line of posting, it serves no useful purpose.

It could be construed as trying to stir up trouble, rather than a constructive observation. ATD has no agenda with any other website, let alone Pasoti. A lot of posters on here also post on there.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Two In - Confirmed on OS   Two In - Confirmed on OS - Page 4 EmptyWed Feb 01, 2012 5:38 pm

There are times in life when biting the tongue is better then adding another coal to the fire, maybe pasoti and ADT would get on much better if that was the case........ (where is me tin hat).
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Two In - Confirmed on OS   Two In - Confirmed on OS - Page 4 EmptyWed Feb 01, 2012 5:46 pm

ZYPH wrote:
There are times in life when biting the tongue is better then adding another coal to the fire, maybe pasoti and ADT would get on much better if that was the case........ (where is me tin hat).

Amen Zyph. I agree wholeheartedly with that.
Let's hope we can all find the common ground ... it's out there somewhere, and we DO support the same football club after all.
It's been a hard few years.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Two In - Confirmed on OS   Two In - Confirmed on OS - Page 4 EmptyWed Feb 01, 2012 5:55 pm

I second that mans comments.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Two In - Confirmed on OS   Two In - Confirmed on OS - Page 4 EmptyWed Feb 01, 2012 5:58 pm

I stand corrected Czarcasm but I thought they were in the Royal Marines so clearly I'm not as far down as I thought I was. At my age getting too far down is more of a problem these days.

Which team is it we support again? I quite like Red.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Two In - Confirmed on OS   Two In - Confirmed on OS - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

Two In - Confirmed on OS
Page 4 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next