Moist_Von_Lipwig
Czarcasm
Dougie
Damon.Lenszner
18 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage

Two In - Confirmed on OS - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Two In - Confirmed on OS   Two In - Confirmed on OS - Page 3 EmptyTue Jan 31, 2012 7:29 pm

ahhh I see, it's an education thing lol!
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: Two In - Confirmed on OS   Two In - Confirmed on OS - Page 3 EmptyTue Jan 31, 2012 7:30 pm

We 'swooped' for this pair according to the bag o shite Laughing Laughing So as fully expected brent's wallet remained firmly shut for the entire window! MacDonald (is he a striker?) is only here for a month. With Chadwick completely crocked and Feeney completely shite, Tsoumou better know were the goal is as our football league survival and ultimately survival as a club is placed squarely on his shoulders.

Brent out
fletcher out
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Two In - Confirmed on OS   Two In - Confirmed on OS - Page 3 EmptyTue Jan 31, 2012 7:34 pm

That must have been the longest shower in history Mr Freathy. Somebody said earlier you would get here as soon as you could with your positive spin.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Two In - Confirmed on OS   Two In - Confirmed on OS - Page 3 EmptyTue Jan 31, 2012 7:35 pm

But Feathy, it's Brent's way of ensuring we survive, just like Todd did and Stapes before him.

Yourrrrr're naaaaaaaat a prappppppppa fan!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Two In - Confirmed on OS   Two In - Confirmed on OS - Page 3 EmptyTue Jan 31, 2012 7:35 pm

GOB wrote:

Loads of educated wankers on here, innit?

study
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Two In - Confirmed on OS   Two In - Confirmed on OS - Page 3 EmptyTue Jan 31, 2012 7:36 pm

Sensiblegreeny wrote:
With that standard of education I'm surprised you even attempted to explain anything mate. Indifference is, used in this context a negative word as in "not interested", "couldn't care less". The word negative means, well you work it out yourself. Neither is positive is it. Enthusiasm is a positive word in this context. As in "am interested". You can also work out the meaning of positive as well. Do I need to go into the definition of "context"?

Who the "F" is smiffy penzance? (Bit of text in there)

Quite often context can be taken in different ways. It's all about one's perception.

And your perception of the situation is quite literally at odds with everybody else (bar one) on this thread.

Bravo for trying, mind.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Two In - Confirmed on OS   Two In - Confirmed on OS - Page 3 EmptyTue Jan 31, 2012 7:36 pm

Sensiblegreeny wrote:
With that standard of education I'm surprised you even attempted to explain anything mate. Indifference is, used in this context a negative word as in "not interested", "couldn't care less". The word negative means, well you work it out yourself. Neither is positive is it. Enthusiasm is a positive word in this context. As in "am interested". You can also work out the meaning of positive as well. Do I need to go into the definition of "context"?

Who the "F" is smiffy penzance? (Bit of text in there)

I have to say sensible, I disagree most wholeheartedly with your last comments.
First of all you are missing the meaning of what you call negative.
I won't get into the Latin philosophy of it all, as theirs was only a European point of view, but negative views are often positive affirmations, I'm sure you agree. It's all down to what you're being 'negative' about.
Far better negative reaction than ambivallent 'pass the cakes' sort of stuff ?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Two In - Confirmed on OS   Two In - Confirmed on OS - Page 3 EmptyTue Jan 31, 2012 7:39 pm

Peggy wrote:
GOB wrote:

study

you can't say wankers on here FFS! lol!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Two In - Confirmed on OS   Two In - Confirmed on OS - Page 3 EmptyTue Jan 31, 2012 7:42 pm

Embarassed
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Two In - Confirmed on OS   Two In - Confirmed on OS - Page 3 EmptyTue Jan 31, 2012 7:53 pm

penzancepirate wrote:
Sensible's just having a larf. I blame Jock, wasn't it him who directed him this way from 606 ? Own up Jock jocolor
I prefer Freathy's style, it's aimed where it should be aimed, at the owners of the club, not it's fans ..... but hey ho.

Don't blame me! He's normally a miserable bugger but tonight is being optimistic at least. I know what he means though, we really should give them a chance. You never know they might click and score a hatful. The guy from Preston at least looks like he's a big old unit, and Macdonald is Scottish so he's bound to be good tongue
Back to top Go down
Grovehill

PostSubject: Re: Two In - Confirmed on OS   Two In - Confirmed on OS - Page 3 EmptyTue Jan 31, 2012 7:56 pm

Northampton have signed Clark Carlisle.

I think that could cause Argyle more problems than today's new intake will cure
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Two In - Confirmed on OS   Two In - Confirmed on OS - Page 3 EmptyTue Jan 31, 2012 7:57 pm

I didn't start the "surprised I have to explain" bit so just retaliation is all. In this context I have explained the intended meaning of the words used as in "negative/positive". If I am at odds with everyone (bar one) on here then I am trying to be positive rather than negative so presumably my interpretation of people's views are right then. The majority are just moaning without anything to moan about just yet.

Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: Two In - Confirmed on OS   Two In - Confirmed on OS - Page 3 EmptyTue Jan 31, 2012 8:00 pm

Sensiblegreeny wrote:
That's normal speak for you seadog so I understand it easily....... You used some sort of text type letters in your post previously greenskin which I simply don't understand so if it has meaning I need it spelled out in full I'm afraid. I obviously accept that we have had little to shout about on the field for a while now, well apart from it being mostly rubbish football. But why is indifference different to negativity? Everyone and his dog has been calling for a couple of strikers. We have a couple of stikers. Surely nobody expected big name signings did they? Give them a chance and then be indifferent if it doesn't work.

I never have a laugh when commenting on Argyle penzancepirate. I love all things green including any manager we ever have or have had and owner who is nothing short of a shinning knight whoever they are. Stapleton was a wonderful man.

Would that be FWIW? It means "for what its worth".If you don't mean that,then i'm truly nonplussed as to what you do mean.Nicely deflected away from the original argument though.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Two In - Confirmed on OS   Two In - Confirmed on OS - Page 3 EmptyTue Jan 31, 2012 8:03 pm

Sensiblegreeny wrote:
I didn't start the "surprised I have to explain" bit so just retaliation is all. In this context I have explained the intended meaning of the words used as in "negative/positive". If I am at odds with everyone (bar one) on here then I am trying to be positive rather than negative so presumably my interpretation of people's views are right then. The majority are just moaning without anything to moan about just yet.

Of those who have bothered to venture an opinion.

Me personally, I will wait and see, but it would be fair to say I'm hardly filled with confidence.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Two In - Confirmed on OS   Two In - Confirmed on OS - Page 3 EmptyTue Jan 31, 2012 8:11 pm

No deflection intended but it was those letters. I'm a bit long in the tooth to learn text type speak although I can work out some of it if I bother to try sometimes.

I'm still a miserable old git greenjock but apparently not as suicidal over signings as some are. One thing I could have added just to be a bit negative was "not another Scottish wonderkid.....we are definately doomed now" but I didn't want to appear racist or too downbeat.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Two In - Confirmed on OS   Two In - Confirmed on OS - Page 3 EmptyTue Jan 31, 2012 8:12 pm

I've just noted freathy's comments on the 'swooping' thing. lol!
Indeed, this silly world is full of businesses bigging themselves up, making a positive out of a negative ( SG will like that ) as if they were some sort of alpha predator.
Let's be honest, we're a club with a big debt overhang at the bottom of L2, a disillusioned fanbase, and with an owner who is making a moral crusade out of taking it on the chin. I hope he's not using this club as some sort of therapy to atone for his previous banking life.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Two In - Confirmed on OS   Two In - Confirmed on OS - Page 3 EmptyTue Jan 31, 2012 8:26 pm

I feel sorry for players coming to a club in our position, especially younguns. They have nothing going for them really, no crowd backing, crap atmosphere in the club itself and a general gloom about the place, it can't be very nice. I hope they do well, not just for the club but for their own personal belief.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Two In - Confirmed on OS   Two In - Confirmed on OS - Page 3 EmptyTue Jan 31, 2012 8:27 pm

But he got out before the Iceberg arrived to sink the ship so it shows his astuteness. Being such a paragon of virtue he would never have loaned anyone anything they could not have possibly paid back with ease. It only went rogue after he had left of course and his shinning knight mantle therefore remains intact. It is always only those without a fat wallet that feel obliged to belittle those with a fat wallet for not opening it. Especially when they steadfastly refuse to open their own for a cause.
Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Two In - Confirmed on OS   Two In - Confirmed on OS - Page 3 EmptyTue Jan 31, 2012 8:33 pm

"I never have a laugh when commenting on Argyle penzancepirate. I love all things green including any manager we ever have or have had and owner who is nothing short of a shinning knight whoever they are. Stapleton was a wonderful man."

Now I understand and apologise for attempting to guide your posts SG, you will fit in here just fine.

Looking forward to a Tsounami of goals from the new boys.
Back to top Go down
JonB

JonB

PostSubject: Re: Two In - Confirmed on OS   Two In - Confirmed on OS - Page 3 EmptyTue Jan 31, 2012 8:56 pm

Peggy wrote:
GOB wrote:

study

That's why the prefix is 'Master', Peggy.

Jon
Back to top Go down
http://www.grumpypig.co.uk
Nick

Nick

PostSubject: Re: Two In - Confirmed on OS   Two In - Confirmed on OS - Page 3 EmptyTue Jan 31, 2012 9:35 pm

I have but skimmed the row on here and have nothing meaningful or 'educated' to add. However, chatting to a Swinedon-supporting mate of mine at work today he was very enthusiastic about the MacDonald signing and said that Swinedon had looked at getting him in as a replacement for Charlie Charlie Austin. And he said this before they began stuffing Southend...
Back to top Go down
Moist_Von_Lipwig

Moist_Von_Lipwig

PostSubject: Re: Two In - Confirmed on OS   Two In - Confirmed on OS - Page 3 EmptyTue Jan 31, 2012 10:22 pm

Sensiblegreeny wrote:

Surely moaning about having nothing to moan about (just yet) must be a positive thing.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Two In - Confirmed on OS   Two In - Confirmed on OS - Page 3 EmptyTue Jan 31, 2012 10:26 pm

Well it shows enthusiasm for the moaning bit and I did say that enthusiasm was a positive word ergo you must be right. Damn I missed that.
Back to top Go down
Charlie Wood

Charlie Wood

PostSubject: Re: Two In - Confirmed on OS   Two In - Confirmed on OS - Page 3 EmptyWed Feb 01, 2012 12:09 am

I'm excited bounce

No I'm fibbing, but best of luck to both of them.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Two In - Confirmed on OS   Two In - Confirmed on OS - Page 3 EmptyWed Feb 01, 2012 8:42 am

Sensiblegreeny wrote:
Well it shows enthusiasm for the moaning bit and I did say that enthusiasm was a positive word ergo you must be right. Damn I missed that.

If this was pasoti you would be banned for trolling. The most negative person on here is you. I have not seen a single person really critisising the signings (I ignore Freathy), there wait and see is both hopeful and realistic. The thread on pasoti is far more negative than the one here.

You seem to hate it that some people have a different opionion than you and feel the need to shout them down. For some people merely expressing their own opinion isnt enough, they feel that they must also change other peoples opinions.

You are the biggest whinger on thsi site - quite an achievement my friend. You seem filled with bile about the mere existance of ATD, yet post on it more than anyone.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Two In - Confirmed on OS   Two In - Confirmed on OS - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Two In - Confirmed on OS
Page 3 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next