Moist_Von_Lipwig
Czarcasm
Dougie
Damon.Lenszner
18 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage

Two In - Confirmed on OS - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Two In - Confirmed on OS   Two In - Confirmed on OS - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 31, 2012 5:26 pm

So why the words used "Aviva" and "farm" then? You know as well as I do that most threads on here eventually come around to ridiculing what is said elsewhere other than here. Why wait, why not introduce it now. I get sick and tired of the whole Janner psychi thing about being down about everything constantly. What is wrong with a bit of belief in something for a change. Nobody on here has I suspect ever even seen these two players let alone them play.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Two In - Confirmed on OS   Two In - Confirmed on OS - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 31, 2012 5:28 pm

GOB wrote:
what are you rambling about SG, this thread is about the new players brought to the club. Chill out a bit fella.

Hope he hasn't hurt himself. Don't think he stopped to take breath pale

Do you exist on the farm SG ?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Two In - Confirmed on OS   Two In - Confirmed on OS - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 31, 2012 5:30 pm

That's just a bit of fun SG, banter, and it's not direct as Pasoti as "such".

Remember, nearly all of the users on ATD also post on pasoti.

Back to top Go down
`rgill

PostSubject: Re: Two In - Confirmed on OS   Two In - Confirmed on OS - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 31, 2012 5:30 pm

The sad truth is if they were anygood,they wouldnt be here.Are they better players than what the Cobblers and Daggers have got ? Doubt it.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

Sensiblegreeny wrote:
So constant criticism is "constructive" is it. It could be said that stay away supporters are really armchair managers if labels have to be put on everything. We all know how wise armchair managers are especially after an event has taken place. Just because I want to actually see for myself what they are like before bursting into comment does not make me a happy clapper or Aviva or anything else. The title Aviva was made up by ATD to pour scorn on some optimists who post on PASOTI. Like titles of the "farm". Not everybody who posts on alternate forums can be classified as being on a "farm". You wonder why people don't like ATD at times? You do your best to wind them up yourselves with juvenile insults instead of taking the higher moral ground and being polite or not mentioning them at all. I am aware there is history but isn't it time to comment on matters yourselves rather than picking over another forum looking for things to have a chuckle about. I think however that a good number on here revel in their title thrown at them by "the farm". It is time both sides grew a pair and grew up. Plymothians seem to spend most of their time bemoaning that something will go wrong and are then supposedly distraught when it actually does. Why the wringing of hands if everyone thought it would anyway. Try a little alternative therapy and comment after the event has happened rather than just rubbish it anyeay. I want these two signings to be successful and will believe they will be until that is proved one way or the other. If I'm wrong then I'm wrong in the end.

Only speaking for myself, but I couldn't give two f**ks who doesn't like ATD. We like it, that's why we're here, and not there.

If I allowed myself to get genuinely 'sick and tired' about postings on a messageboard, I'd be having a serious word with myself. Why beat yourself up over it?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Two In - Confirmed on OS   Two In - Confirmed on OS - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 31, 2012 5:32 pm

Don't be hard on him, he's taking everything personally so it seems lol!
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: Two In - Confirmed on OS   Two In - Confirmed on OS - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 31, 2012 5:38 pm

Sensiblegreeny wrote:
So why the words used "Aviva" and "farm" then? You know as well as I do that most threads on here eventually come around to ridiculing what is said elsewhere other than here. Why wait, why not introduce it now. I get sick and tired of the whole Janner psychi thing about being down about everything constantly. What is wrong with a bit of belief in something for a change. Nobody on here has I suspect ever even seen these two players let alone them play.

Maybe the "Janner psyche",which is in fact the most stupid and prejudiced,hackneyed cop out phrase in the firmament, has been rather badly scarred by years and years of underachievemnet and shite leadership by those who purport to care about the club and wish to ensure it's progress.What reaction do you expect exactly from a public which has seen its club slip from a challenging position in the second tier to 91st place in the football league in 4 years,with a nice administration thrown in? Go round chanting "Hari Stapleton,Hari Todd"? FWIW,i actually agree with the wait and see approach but it has to be said that the signings of Hitchcock,Sutherland,Parrett,Atkinson etc,players who have not exactly set the world on fire in their time here,don't really inspire confidence that loan signings are much of an answer.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Two In - Confirmed on OS   Two In - Confirmed on OS - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 31, 2012 5:51 pm

Having seen up close how poor we were on Saturday, I was hoping for an experienced signing or two. Maybe a Championship player or two who were not getting regular games at the moment. A striker and a midfielder were the minimum needed and thats what we've got. Maybe these two will be the answer, but we've seen so many young unproven players recently that haven't worked out, I fear these two will be pretty much the same. Squad players in a pretty crap squad.

I'll be ecstatic to be proved wrong and they hit the ground running, but I don't get the impression these two were long term targets and more a case of Fletch ringing around to see if anyone had any cast-offs we could borrow again.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Two In - Confirmed on OS   Two In - Confirmed on OS - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 31, 2012 5:59 pm

What everyone's got to realise is, both of these guys will be better than Matt Lecointe up top... So surely thats a positive?

I'll see how they fair at the weekend agaisnt a top side in this division then to start pass a judgement
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Two In - Confirmed on OS   Two In - Confirmed on OS - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 31, 2012 6:14 pm

I'm not that sensitive GOB and Greenskin, your text speak is lost on me as I don't understand most of it so what it is meant to represent. I'm not taking things personally I am giving an opinion on the comments so far which in my view is my right and fair enough to do. I was commenting on comments on here not PASOTI as I am not a member of that forum and have little interest in what they have to say on there. Yet there has to be a connection doesn't there otherwise a thread isn't complete. I also maintain that some people on here do love their label from "the other side" and would hate to lose the nobody loves us we are rebels tag and do care.

Incidentally I don't believe the Fletcher comment about watching these two for some time either. They were emminently signable long before now I'm sure so if he had truely been that kean he would have signed them both. However they are here now by whatever means even if it is a last minute panick move. We needed cover up front or alternatives and we now have them for good or bad. If this is all we could get then we have to make do with them. No doubt the armchair brigade can find plenty of ammunition to rubbish them however. Lets hope the attendees will have something to cheer. Just because we had loanees previously who were less than impressive doesn't mean these will be the same. Previously we were bidding off a very poor wicket so to be fair had to almost accept anyone we could get just to make a team. At least we aren't totally in that same boat now.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Two In - Confirmed on OS   Two In - Confirmed on OS - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 31, 2012 6:22 pm

Much of this will come down to definition and I'm guessing that we'll all differ on that.

For me it's...

Aviva - A blindness to reality and to support without question. A will to put down those that do question.

The Other Side - Those that have attempted to cause problems for users of this site, ATD. Often aimed at pasoti as those that attempted to cause the problems were pasoti users but not aimed in a derogatory way at other pasoti users.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Two In - Confirmed on OS   Two In - Confirmed on OS - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 31, 2012 6:39 pm

So what is the normal name for somebody who questions those that question? I'm not an Aviva as said. I'm not blind nor stupid and am able to see things are going wrong when they are. Not immediately maybe but I do actually get it before long. But I just simply cannot accept a judgement on players before they have even kicked a ball. They may prove to be rubbish but we should give them the chance to make a mark either for good or bad before slapping a label on them shouldn't we? Isn't that just commonsense. I for one am glad we got somebody. We needed them that is plain. Would you rather see somebody played totally out of position or at the least a replacement if somebody is missing who is meant to play in the position.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Two In - Confirmed on OS   Two In - Confirmed on OS - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 31, 2012 6:41 pm

I'm weird me . I judge players after I seen them play a bit .
Radical or what ?
Back to top Go down
Coxside_Green

PostSubject: Re: Two In - Confirmed on OS   Two In - Confirmed on OS - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 31, 2012 6:43 pm

Sensiblegreeny wrote:
What is wrong with a bit of belief in something for a change.

Where's the belief from the Club?

Back in November hopes were raised when Purse and Chadders joined us, supposedly on 18 month contracts to be signed this month with more reinforcements to join in January. Instead Purse only signs until the end of the season, in case we get relegated, how negative is that?. The only reinforcements to join are an Argyle fan and some short-term gambles. This window has done nothing to suggest the Club has any confidence of being in the FL next season!
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Two In - Confirmed on OS   Two In - Confirmed on OS - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 31, 2012 6:46 pm

greengenes wrote:
I'm weird me . I judge players after I seen them play a bit .
Radical or what ?

Nothing weird about that. This thread is getting a tad weird though. scratch
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Two In - Confirmed on OS   Two In - Confirmed on OS - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 31, 2012 6:49 pm

Sensiblegreeny wrote:
So what is the normal name for somebody who questions those that question? I'm not an Aviva as said. I'm not blind nor stupid and am able to see things are going wrong when they are. Not immediately maybe but I do actually get it before long. But I just simply cannot accept a judgement on players before they have even kicked a ball. They may prove to be rubbish but we should give them the chance to make a mark either for good or bad before slapping a label on them shouldn't we? Isn't that just commonsense. I for one am glad we got somebody. We needed them that is plain. Would you rather see somebody played totally out of position or at the least a replacement if somebody is missing who is meant to play in the position.

I've just re-read all the posts prior to your first outburst on this thread.

I think you ought to do the same, because - shock horror - no one is going in to one, saying they are going to be shit, which is what you are infering.

Plenty of indifference, yes. But isn't that ever so slightly justified given the level of performance we've shown so far, coupled with the league table?

Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: Two In - Confirmed on OS   Two In - Confirmed on OS - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 31, 2012 6:52 pm

Czarcasm wrote:
Sensiblegreeny wrote:

I've just re-read all the posts prior to your first outburst on this thread.

I think you ought to do the same, because - shock horror - no one is going in to one, saying they are going to be shit, which is what you are infering.

Plenty of indifference, yes. But isn't that ever so slightly justified given the level of performance we've shown so far, coupled with the league table?

Exactly,which i pointed out to him in a previous post,apparently in text speak. scratch
Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Two In - Confirmed on OS   Two In - Confirmed on OS - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 31, 2012 6:54 pm

grny ur tkn th pis
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Two In - Confirmed on OS   Two In - Confirmed on OS - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 31, 2012 6:57 pm

Sensible's just having a larf. I blame Jock, wasn't it him who directed him this way from 606 ? Own up Jock jocolor
I prefer Freathy's style, it's aimed where it should be aimed, at the owners of the club, not it's fans ..... but hey ho.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Two In - Confirmed on OS   Two In - Confirmed on OS - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 31, 2012 7:05 pm

That's normal speak for you seadog so I understand it easily....... You used some sort of text type letters in your post previously greenskin which I simply don't understand so if it has meaning I need it spelled out in full I'm afraid. I obviously accept that we have had little to shout about on the field for a while now, well apart from it being mostly rubbish football. But why is indifference different to negativity? Everyone and his dog has been calling for a couple of strikers. We have a couple of stikers. Surely nobody expected big name signings did they? Give them a chance and then be indifferent if it doesn't work.

I never have a laugh when commenting on Argyle penzancepirate. I love all things green including any manager we ever have or have had and owner who is nothing short of a shinning knight whoever they are. Stapleton was a wonderful man.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Two In - Confirmed on OS   Two In - Confirmed on OS - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 31, 2012 7:17 pm

Sensiblegreeny wrote:
That's normal speak for you seadog so I understand it easily....... You used some sort of text type letters in your post previously greenskin which I simply don't understand so if it has meaning I need it spelled out in full I'm afraid. I obviously accept that we have had little to shout about on the field for a while now, well apart from it being mostly rubbish football. But why is indifference different to negativity? Everyone and his dog has been calling for a couple of strikers. We have a couple of stikers. Surely nobody expected big name signings did they? Give them a chance and then be indifferent if it doesn't work.

I never have a laugh when commenting on Argyle penzancepirate. I love all things green including any manager we ever have or have had and owner who is nothing short of a shinning knight whoever they are. Stapleton was a wonderful man.

I can't believe I'm explaining this, but going by your thinking, then indifference would also be the same as positivity. Which is of course also a bit nuts.

If you want ra-ra girls, flags, and street parties because we've signed two more young, unproven, inexperienced players, then you've come to the wrong site.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Two In - Confirmed on OS   Two In - Confirmed on OS - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 31, 2012 7:18 pm

Sensiblegreeny wrote:

I am off to watch some praaaaaper football on sky.............. Bleddy plaaaaaastic !. Sweet dreams SG.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Two In - Confirmed on OS   Two In - Confirmed on OS - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 31, 2012 7:21 pm

What about the fans Sensible, what about the fans ? 'orrible things.
You're just doing a Smiffy. flower
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Two In - Confirmed on OS   Two In - Confirmed on OS - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 31, 2012 7:24 pm

Sensiblegreeny wrote:

You are having a laugh aren't you? if not I think you ought to get out more
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Two In - Confirmed on OS   Two In - Confirmed on OS - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 31, 2012 7:26 pm

With that standard of education I'm surprised you even attempted to explain anything mate. Indifference is, used in this context a negative word as in "not interested", "couldn't care less". The word negative means, well you work it out yourself. Neither is positive is it. Enthusiasm is a positive word in this context. As in "am interested". You can also work out the meaning of positive as well. Do I need to go into the definition of "context"?

Who the "F" is smiffy penzance? (Bit of text in there)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Two In - Confirmed on OS   Two In - Confirmed on OS - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Two In - Confirmed on OS
Page 2 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next