Czarcasm
Charlie Wood
LondonGreen
PlymptonPilgrim
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage

Pitchside advertising - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pitchside advertising   Pitchside advertising - Page 3 EmptyWed Jan 25, 2012 10:34 am

LondonGreen wrote:
GOB wrote:
Tringreen wrote:
The Spooner wrote:
GOB wrote:
"Argyle Talk Democratic - The fastest growing Argyle fans forum on the Internet (Argyletalkdemocratic.formation.co.uk) - For an alternative view!"...... Or whatever

As for the money, It can be set up easily enough, I don't see too many problems. It' a great idea!

Sorry to piss on your cornflakes Gob, but if we are going to do it we need to be truthful, ATD is no where near the fastest growing website. Pasoti has had 116 new members this month whilst we have had 77. {member lists are useful for getting the numbers}

Has anyone checked that the club will allow a board from ATD?

lol! Looks like Napoleon and his control freaks have been busy with duplicate accounts !

Yes. I would suggest to The Spooner that he checks all those new Pasoti accounts in case they have double accounts using one IP, as he has on here! lol! Naughty naughty Evil or Very Mad

Sadly Mr Spooner does highlight a problem - we need to be sure that ATD is the fastest growing PAFC forum in terms of unique users before we put any such slogans on the board. Otherwise if proven wrong, a certain other site will have a field day

I see your point LG and maybe we're better off without any slogans, the idea is to advertise the site for users, it's not for an ego boost. Having said that and if we had the desire, we could easily "tweek" the numbers, it's easy to do on these forum as I'm sure some others do, we just don't have the need or desire to do so.

Back to top Go down
The Spooner

PostSubject: Re: Pitchside advertising   Pitchside advertising - Page 3 EmptyWed Jan 25, 2012 11:20 am

GOB wrote:
Tringreen wrote:
The Spooner wrote:
GOB wrote:
"Argyle Talk Democratic - The fastest growing Argyle fans forum on the Internet (Argyletalkdemocratic.formation.co.uk) - For an alternative view!"...... Or whatever

As for the money, It can be set up easily enough, I don't see too many problems. It' a great idea!

Sorry to piss on your cornflakes Gob, but if we are going to do it we need to be truthful, ATD is no where near the fastest growing website. Pasoti has had 116 new members this month whilst we have had 77. {member lists are useful for getting the numbers}

lol! Looks like Napoleon and his control freaks have been busy with duplicate accounts !

Yes. I would suggest to The Spooner that he checks all those new Pasoti accounts in case they have double accounts using one IP, as he has on here! lol! Naughty naughty Evil or Very Mad

Umm i think you need to check your facts Gob, i only have one account on here, maybe you can enlighten me to the name of the other account. Are you a moderator on here by the way?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Pitchside advertising   Pitchside advertising - Page 3 EmptyWed Jan 25, 2012 1:26 pm

Point taken London Green.
For your information, we have asked The Spooner twice now which of the two useraccounts he has registered he wihes to use. We are still awaiting a reply, with the first request being months and months ago, the second more recently, after all the recent dane_bgate that the poster wss interested in stirring up for aome reason.
We like to do what posters wish us to do, so as the other account hasn't actually been used and is in effect a 'sleeper', we have been happy to wait for the poster's instructions.
However, the other account has now been terminated, as it's obvious we are not going to get a reply. The details are still recorded though on forumotion.
We don't bandy around users personal details, but this is a good time to remind folk that two accounts are not allowed to use the same email address ... that is a rule across the whole internet forum thing.

Last edited by penzancepirate on Wed Jan 25, 2012 1:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Pitchside advertising   Pitchside advertising - Page 3 EmptyWed Jan 25, 2012 1:31 pm

Frank Bullitt wrote:
The Spooner wrote:
GOB wrote:

Why wouldn't they allow it?

There are probably some rules about what's acceptable - most organisations have them, after all, and it's the same when you put an ad in the paper. Stuff about inciting violence, racism and so on. Maybe we should ask?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Pitchside advertising   Pitchside advertising - Page 3 EmptyWed Jan 25, 2012 1:34 pm

The Spooner wrote:
GOB wrote:
Tringreen wrote:
The Spooner wrote:
GOB wrote:

Umm i think you need to check your facts Gob, i only have one account on here, maybe you can enlighten me to the name of the other account. Are you a moderator on here by the way?

I refer you to Pirates comment.

Yes I am a moderator on here, co-opted on by the moderators at times when it's believed that the site maybe under attack from users that create more then one account, but on a temporary basis. We wouldn't want this site to have to suffer the same consequence as that last one, would we?

Back to top Go down
lawnmowerman

lawnmowerman

PostSubject: Re: Pitchside advertising   Pitchside advertising - Page 3 EmptyWed Jan 25, 2012 1:47 pm

I'm in ,just tell us were to send the money. Can't see why pafc would say no .remember westwood bound having a board once so whats wrong with us
Back to top Go down
The Spooner

PostSubject: Re: Pitchside advertising   Pitchside advertising - Page 3 EmptyWed Jan 25, 2012 1:53 pm

Maybe if you told me the other account id have a clue what you are on about. If you are talking about the riddler you will find that the account isn't active as I never posted {you had a rule about new members needing to post or the account would be deleted} I presumed it had been deleted as it wouldn't let me log in but I see it is still in your member list {that's one you can scrub off boys}. If you aren't talking about that then I think you need to post what you think you know so I can at least defend myself from your silly accusations. Penzancepirate you may also point me to the 2 occasions you have asked me for which account I want to keep as I have never seen those posts, in fact I've never ever had a private message.

You lot make me laugh, you say this is the land of free speach and it is as long as you slag off pasoti, but someone says something contrary and you are jumped on by your clique of haters. It's no different to pasoti at all. pig pig
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Pitchside advertising   Pitchside advertising - Page 3 EmptyWed Jan 25, 2012 2:04 pm

Thatnks for the first time in admitting the other uername, two requests over several months have gone unanswered.

We kept The riddler as a banned duplicate account originally to keep certain information on our records. We now don't need to in view of your comments today, so it has been delted in full. Of course, unlike other websies, you could have deleted the user account yourself, but you chose not to. A shame that. cat

I personally couldn't care less whether this site shows as 20, 200 or 2000 users. All I care about is that a site exists for fans to give their fairly held opinion on all things Argyle. Dodgy populist appeal and self engrandisement are not what ATD is all about.

Feel free to carry on posting under Spooner.
Back to top Go down
The Spooner

PostSubject: Re: Pitchside advertising   Pitchside advertising - Page 3 EmptyWed Jan 25, 2012 2:10 pm

penzancepirate wrote:
Thatnks for the first time in admitting the other uername, two requests over several months have gone unanswered.

We kept The riddler as a banned duplicate account originally to keep certain information on our records. We now don't need to, so it has been delted in full. Of course, unlike other websies, you could have deleted the user account yourself, but you chose not to. A shame that. cat

I personally couldn't care less whether this site shows as 20, 200 or 2000 users. All I care about is that a site exists for fans to give their fairly held opinion on all things Argyle. Dodgy populist appeal and self engrandisement are not what ATD is all about.

I couldn't delete it as i couldn't access it as it was made inactive because i did not ever post from it, hence making another account, really not rocket science is it? I wish you hadn't deleted it so quickly as everyone would have seen that the last time i was on this site with it was June last year before it was made inactive {i then registered this account}. You make it sould like have had accounts that i have posted from which is not true in the slightest. Where are these other requests by the way?

If i was a conspiracy man i'd say you deleted it so fast to hide the fact that this account was created after The Riddler was made inactive. study study

Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Pitchside advertising   Pitchside advertising - Page 3 EmptyWed Jan 25, 2012 2:19 pm

The Spooner wrote:
Maybe if you told me the other account id have a clue what you are on about. If you are talking about the riddler you will find that the account isn't active as I never posted {you had a rule about new members needing to post or the account would be deleted} I presumed it had been deleted as it wouldn't let me log in but I see it is still in your member list {that's one you can scrub off boys}. If you aren't talking about that then I think you need to post what you think you know so I can at least defend myself from your silly accusations. Penzancepirate you may also point me to the 2 occasions you have asked me for which account I want to keep as I have never seen those posts, in fact I've never ever had a private message.

You lot make me laugh, you say this is the land of free speach and it is as long as you slag off pasoti, but someone says something contrary and you are jumped on by your clique of haters. It's no different to pasoti at all. pig pig

You're becoming a bit of a 'one trick pony' Spoons. A hanging offence on the farm, even when proven to be correct all along.

Now that is denial of free speech.

We do tend to be the Farm Watchdog, as they seem to be calling the shots with regard PAFC these days. What with their history of blind faith to anyone in a suit I think it's our duty.

Trust in Stapes. Enjoy the ride. lol!
Back to top Go down
The Spooner

PostSubject: Re: Pitchside advertising   Pitchside advertising - Page 3 EmptyWed Jan 25, 2012 2:24 pm

Tringreen wrote:
The Spooner wrote:

You're becoming a bit of a 'one trick pony' Spoons. A hanging offence on the farm, even when proven to be correct all along.

Now that is denial of free speech.

We do tend to be the Farm Watchdog, as they seem to be calling the shots with regard PAFC these days. What with their history of blind faith to anyone in a suit I think it's our duty.

Trust in Stapes. Enjoy the ride. lol!

lol! lol! One trick pony coming from you my sun burnt friend. lol! lol!

Its very noticable that the folks that dont conform to everyones views on here are jumped on by the others, if you cant see that, i dont what to say. It is also noticable that the popular threads are ones that talk about Webb, Newell, Pasoti etc not the ones that talk about the football!
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Pitchside advertising   Pitchside advertising - Page 3 EmptyWed Jan 25, 2012 2:40 pm

The football hasn't been worth talking about since Ollie was lied to and walked.................................... or hadn't you noticed ?

Those responsible for giving the old board an easy ride and attempting to silence those who did see what was going on, now have influence at the club.

I'd say that was a major cause for concern and failings need to be monitored and flagged up.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Pitchside advertising   Pitchside advertising - Page 3 EmptyWed Jan 25, 2012 2:50 pm

The Spooner wrote:

Its very noticable that the folks that dont conform to everyones views on here are jumped on by the others, if you cant see that, i dont what to say. It is also noticable that the popular threads are ones that talk about Webb, Newell, Pasoti etc not the ones that talk about the football!

You might possibly have a point there Spoons. The online fans and forums have certainly gotten a lot more polarised of late.
That's very sad, but inevitble given the ongoing Pasoti party line moderation policy and the frankly disappointing antics of the two fans who seem to be running much of the club at the moment. Like it or not, they have become part of the club news and soap opera ... that's life. It's embarrasing and very sad for our club.
Of course, the difference is that all legally held views on here are welcomed. You have every right to continue as you do ... nobody has a problem with 'one trick ponies' on here, in fact some people would call that an admirable and effective tool. You are always polite and clear, although rather blinkered ... but such is life cat
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Pitchside advertising   Pitchside advertising - Page 3 EmptyWed Jan 25, 2012 4:32 pm

penzancepirate wrote:
The Spooner wrote:

You might possibly have a point there Spoons. The online fans and forums have certainly gotten a lot more polarised of late.
That's very sad, but inevitble given the ongoing Pasoti party line moderation policy and the frankly disappointing antics of the two fans who seem to be running much of the club at the moment. Like it or not, they have become part of the club news and soap opera ... that's life. It's embarrasing and very sad for our club.
Of course, the difference is that all legally held views on here are welcomed. You have every right to continue as you do ... nobody has a problem with 'one trick ponies' on here, in fact some people would call that an admirable and effective tool. You are always polite and clear, although rather blinkered ... but such is life cat

If Spoons is a One Trick Pony, don't you think that could be construed as a personal attack?

Not that I'm sayin' nuffink like.

Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Pitchside advertising   Pitchside advertising - Page 3 EmptyWed Jan 25, 2012 4:45 pm

Now, now Cerbs.... The 'one trick pony' tag is a Newellism applied to people like my good self for constantly urging the Aviva masses on Pasoti to not trust in Stapes and that the ride we were told to enjoy, was more like being on the M25...The Road to Hell.
We don't ban any 'one trick ponies' on here, be they Happy clappy Dynamic Duo Worshippers or Cynical and outspoken critics of said Superfans.

If you want happy clappy, follow the leaders, Pasoti is perfect for you.

If you want to hear both sides and form your own opinion and have the freedom to express your views without unfair censorship, then ATD is is your home.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Pitchside advertising   Pitchside advertising - Page 3 EmptyWed Jan 25, 2012 5:35 pm

Tringy..........

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Pitchside advertising   Pitchside advertising - Page 3 EmptyWed Jan 25, 2012 5:39 pm

Cerbera wrote:
Tringy..........

Very Happy

Ha ha ! Me too. I had a 'moment' .

I love you
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Pitchside advertising   Pitchside advertising - Page 3 EmptyThu Jan 26, 2012 7:13 pm

Small update. The image above, kindly emailed to me by Nick (and it's not the finished article) 6100mm x 735mm ready to go on the seated side of the Lyndhurst would cost £190 + VAT

In those colours laid out like that.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Pitchside advertising   Pitchside advertising - Page 3 EmptyThu Jan 26, 2012 7:22 pm

Cerbera wrote:

Small update. The image above, kindly emailed to me by Nick (and it's not the finished article) 6100mm x 735mm ready to go on the seated side of the Lyndhurst would cost £190 + VAT

Bargain............... but I don't see it lasting long. How much for regular advertising in the programme ?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Pitchside advertising   Pitchside advertising - Page 3 EmptyThu Jan 26, 2012 7:29 pm

No reason to suggest it won't last, it's guaranteed for 10 years!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Pitchside advertising   Pitchside advertising - Page 3 EmptyThu Jan 26, 2012 7:30 pm

Beautiful!

Why wouldn't it last long, Tring?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Pitchside advertising   Pitchside advertising - Page 3 EmptyThu Jan 26, 2012 7:30 pm

Oh to see Webb and Newell's faces when this goes up! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy lol! lol! lol! lol!

Bit short on the cash front at the moment but could possibly be able to donate in the near future
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Pitchside advertising   Pitchside advertising - Page 3 EmptyThu Jan 26, 2012 7:34 pm

Preserved for posterity !

the year 2096; looking through very expensive program collections:

Dad ? what do you think this was for ? argyletalk ?

I don't know son, probably a shelter for one trick ponies

I like it
Back to top Go down
lawnmowerman

lawnmowerman

PostSubject: Re: Pitchside advertising   Pitchside advertising - Page 3 EmptyThu Jan 26, 2012 7:41 pm

Cerbera wrote:

Sweet cant wait to see it .What will the farm think. Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

Just asking Im in for some money so were do we send it.
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

PostSubject: Re: Pitchside advertising   Pitchside advertising - Page 3 EmptyThu Jan 26, 2012 7:46 pm

The obvious think is to get approval from PAFC before we have the sign made.
Once done, let's do it!

And..

Can this be explained differently? I am confused as to who can see what from where?

Cerbera wrote:
A 12' x 4' board along the Mayflower facing the Lyndhurst for the remainder of the current season only would cost £650 +VAT plus manufacturing cost direct to the signwriters. An entire season is £1400+ VAT. I did ask what happens if we lose FL status, but the thinking at HP is we will still see 6/6500 turn up each week to watch Conference football - yeah right! Rolling Eyes

A 22' board along the crowd facing side of the Lyndhurst (i.e. can't be seen by anyone other than the Lyndhurst) is £250 +VAT for the entire season. Clearly there would need to be a reduction for the remainder of this season or a deal struck to include next season too.

!

Thanks
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Pitchside advertising   Pitchside advertising - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Pitchside advertising
Page 3 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next