Czarcasm
Charlie Wood
LondonGreen
PlymptonPilgrim
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage

Pitchside advertising - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pitchside advertising   Pitchside advertising - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 24, 2012 6:42 pm

I'd chip in, long time reader, short time poster. But already love being able to have an opinion without someone jumping down my throat!
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Pitchside advertising   Pitchside advertising - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 24, 2012 6:53 pm

Peggy wrote:
Afraid I'm going to be boring and sensible now. Too many words and it gets too small to read, not to mention that slogans and in-jokes go out of date and won't mean anything to most people. So I reckon we should just have:

Argyle Talk Democratic [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Supporting the Argyle Fans' Trust

With the old white shirt logo at each end (like up the top).

Agree to an extent, but I think some form of perhaps subtle, witty, alternative prose, ought be integrated if at all possible.

I think "Supporting the Argyle Fans Trust" is quite a sweeping generalisation too. I mean, to date, as a site, we haven't really been that supportive.

ArgyleTalk-Democratic
The Alternative Plymouth Argyle Fans Forum

Followed by some witty ditty, and the URL
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Pitchside advertising   Pitchside advertising - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 24, 2012 7:01 pm

If the club won't accept our cash on the basis of an opinion from the self obsessed president it will speak volumes for Brent's intensions regarding contact with the fans, and anyway, there's many more ways of spreading the word, many of which are far more influencing then the pitch boarding at HP.

How about it Greengenes? lol!

£50 from me it is

Last edited by GOB on Tue Jan 24, 2012 7:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Pitchside advertising   Pitchside advertising - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 24, 2012 7:15 pm

Whilst I have no problem, per se with the Trust. I am still sceptical of it. So far it has proved to be nothing but a vehicle for Webb to further his own self centred ambitions. What will happen after the elections? Dunno.

Me personally would rather there was nothing regarding the Trust on our advertising board. It's our advertisement after all. What happens if we disagree with the Trust over the summer? A team of ATDers at HP frantically peeling off any reference to the Trust?
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: Pitchside advertising   Pitchside advertising - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 24, 2012 7:19 pm

As Czarcasm wrote but with the following added?

ArgyleTalk-Democratic
The Alternative Plymouth Argyle Fans Forum and Pork free

PepsiPete Forecasting League Champion 2016-17

He was behind me at Charlton!  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Now an officially semi retired old fart! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Pitchside advertising   Pitchside advertising - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 24, 2012 7:45 pm

Yes i understand the comments regarding the Trust, I just thought it would also send a message regarding fans representation and the democratic process..

I'm happy to have it just as ATD.

On phone while balance flying a kite, apologies for typos

Last edited by GOB on Tue Jan 24, 2012 7:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Pitchside advertising   Pitchside advertising - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 24, 2012 7:46 pm

Cerbera wrote:
Whilst I have no problem, per se with the Trust. I am still sceptical of it. So far it has proved to be nothing but a vehicle for Webb to further his own self centred ambitions. What will happen after the elections? Dunno.

Me personally would rather there was nothing regarding the Trust on our advertising board. It's our advertisement after all. What happens if we disagree with the Trust over the summer? A team of ATDers at HP frantically peeling off any reference to the Trust?

Fair enough. I only put it on cos Gob said he'd put more money in Embarassed

I like Czarcasm's The Alternative Plymouth Argyle Fans Forum

Re proof-reading, we'd be ordering the sign from an outside company, so we should get the chance to check it.

And finally:

Charlie Wood wrote:
I'm sure angry emails have already gone to JB to scupper this cunning plan.

Angry emails don't always work Wink
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Pitchside advertising   Pitchside advertising - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 24, 2012 7:52 pm

GOB wrote:
Yes i understand the comments regarding the Trust, I just thought it would also send a message regarding fans representation and the democratic process..

I'm happy to have it just as ATD.

Does that mean we're already £40 light then?

Laughing
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Pitchside advertising   Pitchside advertising - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 24, 2012 7:55 pm

Peggy wrote:
Cerbera wrote:

Fair enough. I only put it on cos Gob said he'd put more money in Embarassed

I like Czarcasm's The Alternative Plymouth Argyle Fans Forum

Re proof-reading, we'd be ordering the sign from an outside company, so we should get the chance to check it.

And finally:

Charlie Wood wrote:
I'm sure angry emails have already gone to JB to scupper this cunning plan.

Angry emails don't always work Wink

Yup, we pay the sign company directly. Nothing at all to do with anyone on any other site or anyone employed by or influencing Argyle. The only thing that could be affected is a refusal to mount the sign at the club - which would provide a massive vehicle for any Trust member willing to take it on, or anyone with a contact in the media. Personally I think the sign might receive some unexplained 'vandalism' once it's up.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Pitchside advertising   Pitchside advertising - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 24, 2012 8:03 pm

Vandalism would be illegal, it could be interesting!

I've been sold a kipper, 50 quid then!
Back to top Go down
pepsipete

pepsipete

PostSubject: Re: Pitchside advertising   Pitchside advertising - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 24, 2012 9:05 pm

ATD THE Forum for Fans
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: Pitchside advertising   Pitchside advertising - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 24, 2012 9:11 pm

Cracking idea!
Back to top Go down
Nick

Nick

PostSubject: Re: Pitchside advertising   Pitchside advertising - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 24, 2012 9:18 pm

Hi hi.

Am a bit busy at the mo', working back in an office for the first time in over a year (boo hoo me!) and looking after baby and watching Master Chef with the wife etc etc etc but if you can provide me with the dimensions for the hoarding, Cerbs, then I will knock up a few potential designs over the next few days, and include some of the suggestions for text, and then we can see what we think.

Will contrib a spot of cash, too.

Back to Master Chef....
Back to top Go down
Nick

Nick

PostSubject: Re: Pitchside advertising   Pitchside advertising - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 24, 2012 10:33 pm

Done in around five mins, just for a rough idea (and yeah, url is not the forums but...)

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Pitchside advertising   Pitchside advertising - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 24, 2012 10:54 pm

Nick wrote:
Done in around five mins, just for a rough idea (and yeah, url is not the forums but...)

Now that would look impressive!
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

PostSubject: Re: Pitchside advertising   Pitchside advertising - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 24, 2012 11:25 pm

Nick wrote:

Love it, Nick. Well done!

If you change the .co.uk and make it ArgyleTalk.com then we are good, as ATD does own the rights to that URL.
Means dropping the 'Democratic' from our 'web' address though...

I am all for it. Let me remind you all of this discussion --

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Pitchside advertising   Pitchside advertising - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 25, 2012 6:15 am

I'm in.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Pitchside advertising   Pitchside advertising - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 25, 2012 8:00 am

Now that is the Dogs Bollocks!
Back to top Go down
The Spooner

PostSubject: Re: Pitchside advertising   Pitchside advertising - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 25, 2012 8:04 am

GOB wrote:
"Argyle Talk Democratic - The fastest growing Argyle fans forum on the Internet (Argyletalkdemocratic.formation.co.uk) - For an alternative view!"...... Or whatever

As for the money, It can be set up easily enough, I don't see too many problems. It' a great idea!

Sorry to piss on your cornflakes Gob, but if we are going to do it we need to be truthful, ATD is no where near the fastest growing website. Pasoti has had 116 new members this month whilst we have had 77. {member lists are useful for getting the numbers}

Has anyone checked that the club will allow a board from ATD?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Pitchside advertising   Pitchside advertising - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 25, 2012 8:10 am

The Spooner wrote:
GOB wrote:
"Argyle Talk Democratic - The fastest growing Argyle fans forum on the Internet (Argyletalkdemocratic.formation.co.uk) - For an alternative view!"...... Or whatever

As for the money, It can be set up easily enough, I don't see too many problems. It' a great idea!

Sorry to piss on your cornflakes Gob, but if we are going to do it we need to be truthful, ATD is no where near the fastest growing website. Pasoti has had 116 new members this month whilst we have had 77. {member lists are useful for getting the numbers}

Why wouldn't they allow it?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Pitchside advertising   Pitchside advertising - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 25, 2012 9:38 am

Nick wrote:

Fantastic! Clean and simple, just how I like 'em sunny
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Pitchside advertising   Pitchside advertising - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 25, 2012 9:45 am

Nick wrote:
Hi hi.

Am a bit busy at the mo', working back in an office for the first time in over a year (boo hoo me!) and looking after baby and watching Master Chef with the wife etc etc etc but if you can provide me with the dimensions for the hoarding, Cerbs, then I will knock up a few potential designs over the next few days, and include some of the suggestions for text, and then we can see what we think.

Will contrib a spot of cash, too.

Back to Master Chef....

Nick, love what you managed to 'knock up'

To give you a bit more info, if we go for the inside edge of the Lyndhurst, it's £250 + VAT for the season, so about £330 + VAT for the remainder of this season and all of next.

Board measures 21' x 29" or in new money 6400mm x 740mm so it's veeeeeerrrryyy long and quite thin.

See here: Clickety Click

Last edited by Cerbera on Wed Jan 25, 2012 9:46 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : linky to Argo website)
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Pitchside advertising   Pitchside advertising - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 25, 2012 9:51 am

The Spooner wrote:
GOB wrote:

lol! Looks like Napoleon and his control freaks have been busy with duplicate accounts !

If the Dynamic Duo have enough clout to influence the club to refuse advertising from ATD, it will be further proof of just how misguided and corrupt PAFC has become.

If the prospect of 3 to 4 k attendances in Div 2/ Conference appeals to you................. Geddon wiv it ya Janner !

PBAY............. SMALL MINDED PAROCHIALITY, A SPECIALITY. LOOK HOW FAR WE'VE COME. WE SUPPORTED THE M7 AND SILENCED MANY ATD MEMBERS jocolor

Last edited by Tringreen on Wed Jan 25, 2012 10:15 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Pitchside advertising   Pitchside advertising - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 25, 2012 10:06 am

Tringreen wrote:
The Spooner wrote:
GOB wrote:

lol! Looks like Napoleon and his control freaks have been busy with duplicate accounts !

Yes. I would suggest to The Spooner that he checks all those new Pasoti accounts in case they have double accounts using one IP, as he has on here! lol! Naughty naughty Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
LondonGreen

LondonGreen

PostSubject: Re: Pitchside advertising   Pitchside advertising - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 25, 2012 10:16 am

GOB wrote:
Tringreen wrote:
The Spooner wrote:
GOB wrote:

Yes. I would suggest to The Spooner that he checks all those new Pasoti accounts in case they have double accounts using one IP, as he has on here! lol! Naughty naughty Evil or Very Mad

Sadly Mr Spooner does highlight a problem - we need to be sure that ATD is the fastest growing PAFC forum in terms of unique users before we put any such slogans on the board. Otherwise if proven wrong, a certain other site will have a field day
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Pitchside advertising   Pitchside advertising - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Pitchside advertising
Page 2 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next