Plymouth Argyle Talk - Democratic

The 'ONLY' Independent Internet Forum for Argyle Fans

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...

Go down 
+22
Tringreen
Big Robby
PatDunne
Mock Cuncher
Earwegoagain
ConDeLaCreme
zyph
pepsipete
tigertony
Lord Melbury
PlymptonPilgrim
Elias
Moist_Von_Lipwig
Greenskin
mouldyoldgoat
seadog
Czarcasm
Rickler
Les Miserable
VillageGreen
Rollo Tomasi
Sir Francis Drake
26 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 29 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Greenskin

Greenskin

EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 18 Empty
PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 18 EmptyMon Jul 16, 2018 9:38 pm

Sir Francis Drake wrote:
Only Leave has been found guilty by the Electoral Commission.

Yes, looking at the composition of the Electoral Commission then a fair and unbiased conclusion to the various pre referendum processes was inevitable. One or two of them have had much experience of enquiries previously as they were involved in the expenses scandal of a few years ago, although it must be said that those enquiries took place from the other side of the investigative fence. Pukka body manned by pukka chaps and chapesses obviously.
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 18 EmptyMon Jul 16, 2018 9:57 pm

All part of British Sovereignty that is so important to so many.

You either know what it means or you don't.
Back to top Go down
http://sicparvismagna.com
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 18 EmptyMon Jul 16, 2018 10:53 pm

Sir Francis Drake wrote:
All part of British Sovereignty that is so important to so many.

You either know what it means or you don't.

Must confess to not making an immediate connection between a postulation that an appointed body has possibly taken a rather slanted view on a particular issue and British sovereignty.
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 18 EmptyMon Jul 16, 2018 10:56 pm

It's that very separation of the judiciary and the legisature which lies at the heart of our constitution that some find tricky to comprehend.

I am not at all surprised you find it difficult.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 18 EmptyMon Jul 16, 2018 11:02 pm

Don't forget the executive Frank, or the FTSE 100 as they're more commonly known.. pirat
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 18 EmptyTue Jul 17, 2018 12:03 am

Sir Francis Drake wrote:
It's that very separation of the judiciary and the legisature which lies at the heart of our constitution that some find tricky to comprehend.

I am not at all surprised you find it difficult.

No, i don't that difficult to understand at all. What I don't understand is why you are obfuscating on points of constitution when the original matter in hand was the composition of the Electoral Commission.
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 18 EmptyTue Jul 17, 2018 12:22 am

No the original matter in hand was Leave cheated.
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 18 EmptyTue Jul 17, 2018 9:19 am

Sir Francis Drake wrote:

Well let's hope that the commission make exhaustive efforts to establish if similar skullduggery occurred during the Remain campaign but pigs may fly. Certainly, in moral if not necessarily legal terms, there would be a strong argument for censuring a government who spent millions of pounds of public money in outreaching to every household in the country to put across their own point of view.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 18 EmptyTue Jul 17, 2018 9:20 am

And the source of the funding.

Not really 'taking back control' is it when a Foreigh Government interferes with a democratic vote.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 18 EmptyTue Jul 17, 2018 9:33 am

Just wait until Trumpy's our next president ...... POTUK... makes you proud to be Engli Britis Europ oops what are we this week ?  ah yes   ... Amuuuurican
He'll be "taking back control" alright, privatising the NHS, that should get the dollars flowing back to the USA, and pulling down the wind farms with a loud guffaw, especially that one off shore from his wee Scottish hang out. Nobody messes with the POTUK Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 18 EmptyTue Jul 17, 2018 9:58 am

Greenskin wrote:
Sir Francis Drake wrote:

Well let's hope that the commission make exhaustive efforts to establish if similar skullduggery occurred during the Remain campaign but pigs may fly. Certainly, in moral if not necessarily legal terms, there would be a strong argument for censuring a government who spent millions of pounds of public money in outreaching to every household in the country to put across their own point of view.

Keeping away from the brexit/remain thing, I must say Skinny, anyone would think election skulduggery was a new phenomena. The establishment is clearly rattled. I've mentioned this before possibly, but while sharing a few wines working in Romania with the ex BBC economics correspondent, he told me a D notice was slapped on the Beeb, and everyone else, regarding vote rigging in marginal constituencies during Thatcher's era ( not the gerrymandering thing that did get an airing, far worse). The notice is still in force to this day. I guess vote rigging is ok if it's done by the right people. The internet has blown all that away now and all manner of shady characters can "influence" these days, which begs the question just how much power did the establishment wield and still wield through the established press. They can't have it both ways.

More worryingly, this sort of "legal" finding might be used as an excuse in future to take away the whole concept of voting. They've already succeeded in trashing in the public mind, the whole idea of a future REAL one person, one vote referendum type choice rather than the rotten borough system we have suffered under for generations.  I don't like the nationalists, and the horrors even to the right of them, but a vote is a vote in this case, and out we should go. The actual degree of separation is yet to be worked out. These islands aren't going to float that far away from Europe any time soon.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 18 EmptyTue Jul 17, 2018 11:32 am

That's where you are wrong again Bees. Leave we should but the degree of separation is yet to be worked out? Let's remind everybody of the question asked,
Shall we leave or remain in the European Union?
I know that my sort of "petrol head" and a "mate of Trump" would probably struggle with the concept of such a complicated and confusing question but shorely clever cnuts like you and Frank should be able to grasp it? It's in or out. It's that simple. Once we have left we can see whether the EU is prepared to negotiate a trade deal I personally think they wil punish us as much as they can be cause Frau Merkin can see her fourth Reich is in danger of collapse. When it does collapse everybody will see how we were wise to jump when we did.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 18 EmptyTue Jul 17, 2018 11:45 am

Hugh Watt wrote:
And the source of the funding.

Not really 'taking back control' is it when a Foreigh Government interferes with a democratic vote.

And yet Citigroup, Morgan Stanley and countless other USA banks and institutions funded the remain side? I thought it was us leavers that wanted to be the 52nd state and were selling out to Trump?
Also why is it that in this oh so democratic process in which 52% of constituents voted for leave that only about 30% of their MPs are campaigning to leave? My MP is a perfect example farmer Geoffery Cox champion of farmers whose borough voted to leave has done feck all since the referendum but placate the rich landowners with promises that nothing will change?
Democracy has been shown up for the fraud that it is in this country, the will of the people, expressed in a clear majority in a perfectly legal vote has been ignored, trampled on and treated with total disrespect, not because it was illegal but because a small minority of people can't believe that they are in the minority. You are the minority it's a fact.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 18 EmptyTue Jul 17, 2018 1:13 pm

Sir Francis Drake wrote:
Only Leave has been found guilty by the Electoral Commission.

And just for balance this what Darren Grimes who is the "guilty party" said on the matter,

I’m shocked and disappointed by the Electoral Commission and their behaviour. They have put me and my family of very ordinary means through hell for two years and seek to justify this by saying that I failed a box ticking exercise — why has this taken them three investigations?
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 18 EmptyTue Jul 17, 2018 1:17 pm

Also taken from the Beeb,

The result of the referendum was 51.9% for Leave and 48.1% for Remain. The UK is due to officially leave the European Union at 23:00 GMT on 29 March, 2019.
The referendum was not legally binding, merely "advisory," according to a Supreme Court judgement in December 2016, so it can't be ordered to be re-run by a court - any decision to have a fresh referendum would have to be made by the government and Parliament would have to pass a referendum act.

It would pay to take notice of the date there. If no deal with the EU is reached then the cliff edge Brexit will happen. Can I just offer up thanks to all the remainers who are making this look more and more likely as time passes. Razz
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 18 EmptyTue Jul 17, 2018 2:23 pm

Earwegoagain wrote:

The result of the referendum was 51.9% for Leave and 48.1% for Remain. The UK is due to officially leave the European Union at 23:00 GMT on 29 March, 2019.
The referendum was not legally binding, merely "advisory," according to a Supreme Court judgement in December 2016, so it can't be ordered to be re-run by a court - any decision to have a fresh referendum would have to be made by the government and Parliament would have to pass a referendum act.

It would pay to take notice of the date there. If no deal with the EU is reached then the cliff edge Brexit will happen. Can I just offer up thanks to all the remainers who are making this look more and more likely as time passes. Razz

It was the ERG that torpedoed Mays Chequers negotiations. Chequers goes Pop.

I doubt very much you'll get what you "want" though as there is a 20 month transition period after March until November 2020, I daresay the Government will kick the can further down the road by parking us in the customs union/EEA until they can work out what on Earth to do.
Back to top Go down
PatDunne

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 18 EmptyTue Jul 17, 2018 2:32 pm

We just can't trust people to vote the right way in referendums.
Back to top Go down
Mock Cuncher

Mock Cuncher

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 18 EmptyTue Jul 17, 2018 3:55 pm

Dya reckon everyone who voted, either way, was particularly well informed?
Back to top Go down
http://wrongunatlongon.wordpress.com/
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 18 EmptyTue Jul 17, 2018 3:57 pm

You'd have to be pretty stupid not to have been, in depth coverage for months before, during and after the event plus some of us have followed the story for over forty years so yes I'd say people were informed.
Back to top Go down
Mock Cuncher

Mock Cuncher

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 18 EmptyTue Jul 17, 2018 4:22 pm

Well, as a non-voter edging towards a remainer, I still don't have a clue what is going to happen. Initially I felt like we ought to respect the result, 17+ million people etc 'won' afterall. However it's increasingly clear that the 17m+ have around 17m individual ideas of what exactly should actually happen, but none of it seems to correlate to reality, with big chunks of it contradicting itself, and none of it seems workable except for the parts which seem to obviously leave the country worse off. So...yeah. I guess uninformed was the wrong word, misinformed, overinformed, quasi-informed, praps.

I guess if, in a class of 33, 17 students wanted to do one thing, 16 wanted to do another, you'd leave it to the teacher to make the mature decision on what to do. The teacher in this instance is Tessa May, useless, powerless, beholden to and weighed down by others.
Back to top Go down
http://wrongunatlongon.wordpress.com/
Elias

Elias

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 18 EmptyTue Jul 17, 2018 4:25 pm

If you don't like the answer, maybe you shouldn't a the question?
Back to top Go down
MikeWN

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 18 EmptyTue Jul 17, 2018 4:42 pm

Earwegoagain wrote:

Yes, it's the pesky remainers who are making the EU do exactly what anyone with a modicum of foresight could see them doing. Just like they're eyeing you up for the gas chamber, apparently.

It's certainly not that Leave's 'they need us more than we need them' rhetoric was obvious bollox from the start, or that Leave supporters have tried to paint immigrants as sub-human, threatened and bullied their own party, or labelled judges following the law of the land as enemies of the state.

Any port in a storm indeed.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 18 EmptyTue Jul 17, 2018 4:48 pm

MikeWN wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:

Yes, it's the pesky remainers who are making the EU do exactly what anyone with a modicum of foresight could see them doing. Just like they're eyeing you up for the gas chamber, apparently.

It's certainly not that Leave's 'they need us more than we need them' rhetoric was obvious bollox from the start, or that Leave supporters have tried to paint immigrants as sub-human, threatened and bullied their own party, or labelled judges following the law of the land as enemies of the state.

Any port in a storm indeed.

So now I have painted immigrants as sub human? That's new one on me Mike. Plus I belong to no party and haven't bullied anyone persoanlly speaking. Plus where did I say that remainers were making the EU do anything?
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 18 EmptyTue Jul 17, 2018 4:50 pm

Cameron only asked the question because he couldn't unite his party and with breath-taking arrogance, incompetence and complacency was so sure Leave would lose that he didn't even begin to get ready for the result and did not campaign properly.

As for being well informed I have lost track of the lies peddled but off the top of my head:

• £350m/week for the NHS

• We'll have the deals done in no time

• They need us more than we need them

• Turkey is about to join the EU

• The only way we can control immigration is to leave

• We don't need immigration at all anyway

• We won't have to pay a penny

• We'll walk into a series of worldwide trade deals which will be in place before we leave

• The rest of the world will come tumbling in to do business with us

Well-informed? No. Repeatedly misinformed? Yes. Every single step of the way.

And now we discover that not only was Leave: UK breaking the campaigning rules but so too was BeLeave and Leave. All of them, in fact.

Who was in charge of Leave? Well here's some of the senior establishment figures who sat on the campaign committee of Vote Leave, which has just been fined by the Electoral Commission:

• Liam Fox
  • Iain Duncan Smith
  • Dominic Raab
  • Michael Gove
  • Boris Johnson
  • Steve Baker
  • Chris Grayling 
  • Priti Patel
  • Lord Lawson

Built on fraud and paid for by fraud and proposed by frauds. If you listened to them and believed them and voted for them then you were had.

There is no good Brexit. There's absolutely calamitous Brexit and shades of slightly less bad but every possible scenario for us leaving is awful. There is no "Brexit Dividend" to be had.

Everywhere you look it is Mayhem.
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 18 EmptyTue Jul 17, 2018 5:14 pm

The Government lied about the ‘Brexit Dividend’. It lied officially, using official Government channels. It lied to Parliament. It forced civil servants to be complicit in lying. Not spin, or selective truth telling. Lying. Officially.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 18 Empty

Back to top Go down

EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...
Page 18 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 29 ... 40  Next