Plymouth Argyle Talk - Democratic

The 'ONLY' Independent Internet Forum for Argyle Fans

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...

Go down 
+22
Tringreen
Big Robby
PatDunne
Mock Cuncher
Earwegoagain
ConDeLaCreme
zyph
pepsipete
tigertony
Lord Melbury
PlymptonPilgrim
Elias
Moist_Von_Lipwig
Greenskin
mouldyoldgoat
seadog
Czarcasm
Rickler
Les Miserable
VillageGreen
Rollo Tomasi
Sir Francis Drake
26 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30 ... 34 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 29 Empty
PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 29 EmptyFri Jul 27, 2018 12:07 am

Their time isn't up because of Brexit. They are Brexit. They want Brexit. The need Brexit to protect their privileges.

If the history of power through the ages tells us one thing it's that the powerful only relinquish power when it is torn away from them.

These people are surrendering nothing at all. Quite the reverse.
Back to top Go down
http://sicparvismagna.com
Lord Melbury

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 29 EmptyFri Jul 27, 2018 7:51 am

What about vociferous & extremely shady remainers like Blair, Mandelson, Umuna & Gina Miller.
Don’t you think they’re trying to protect their vested interests, or do you think they are campaigning for the good of the country ?
Back to top Go down
Mock Cuncher

Mock Cuncher

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 29 EmptyFri Jul 27, 2018 8:14 am

Blair is a sinister creep. He's done more harm than good to the 'remain' cause.
Back to top Go down
http://wrongunatlongon.wordpress.com/
seadog
Admin

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 29 EmptyFri Jul 27, 2018 9:08 am

get Gordy Broon in too, the final nail in the coffin.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 29 EmptyFri Jul 27, 2018 9:11 am

Rollo Tomasi wrote:
Sir Francis Drake wrote:
Remember the £600,000 illegal over-spend by the Leave campaign?

The Leave campaign controlled by Priti Patel, Ian Duncan Smith, Boris Johnson, Michael Gove et al?

The campaign that needlessly spunked £600,000 on a campaign that seemingly didn't influence anybody?

The Leave campaign that relentlessly focussed on immigration despite it seemingly not being anybody's most important issue?

That campaign.

This, in a nutshell, is why it’s a waste of time disagreeing with you. Someone earlier mentioned about the government produced booklet which clearly backed remain. It cost £9 million of tax payers money which equates to 15 times the amount overspent by the leave campaign yet you continue to ignore it.
The EU ideology is a dream created by a Frenchman so as to stop German hegemony.
The elite’s time is up and i suspect in twenty years time it’ll be back to nation states.

Do you ever post about the football mate?

Last edited by Hugh Watt on Fri Jul 27, 2018 9:14 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 29 EmptyFri Jul 27, 2018 9:13 am

Graiser wrote:
I never believed the 350million a week bollox for the nhs and it never influenced me, as for future trading contracts, we’ll there are 53 other members of the commonwealth and amongst them are some serious economies, India, Canada, Australia, South Africa and New Zealand for instance I’m pretty confident we won’t be starving.

As for the alleged companies and persons moving overseas, bugger that’s been going on for years while in the Bleddy EEC, so what’s new.

The idea that the Commonwealth can replace the trade we do with the EU has been ridiculed by most serious economists.

What do you propose we do, export Artisan cider to The Gambia. lol!
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 29 EmptyFri Jul 27, 2018 9:15 am

Lord Melbury wrote:
What about vociferous & extremely shady remainers like Blair, Mandelson, Umuna & Gina Miller.
Don’t you think they’re trying to protect their vested interests, or do you think they are campaigning for the good of the country ?

Well so far as I can Gina Miller has just been trying to ensure that British Law is being followed by our government and parliament. You should be painting her names in lights and standing to applaud her because that's the very same British Sovereignty that appears to be so crucial to so many on the Leave side whilst at the same time you Leave is trying to steam roller anything and everything through, preferably without either debate and especially not a vote, because of a referendum which only has advisory status according to British Law. Paradoxical for sure but nobody ever suggested that the Leave campaign was coherent, logical or honest. Then again I've never claimed that Leave made any sense or was anything other than bloody stupid so it's no surprise.

As for the others: I happen to believe that they are but so what if they aren't? Remain was accused of being "The Elite". That is hardly an accusation that couldn't be made against some on either side - bloody hell even I have been accused of being one of their member and you don't get much less Elite or Establishment than me. It's also worth pointing out that it seems only those who earn the minimum wage are allowed a view unless your middle name is "de Pfeffel" in which case you are welcome to oversee an illegally funded campaign and nobody bats an eyelid. It is also not an accusation that has been made by myself. I'm just pointing out how paradoxical it is when there isn't a brickie, painter & decorator or plumber anywhere among 'em to be seen but there's plenty of people who live in castles, stately homes and who have inherited huge personal wealth.
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 29 EmptyFri Jul 27, 2018 9:25 am

1.5 million young people denied a voice about THEIR future in the 2016 referendum have since turned 18.
55,000 people turn 18 every month.

What about the will of those people?

How is denying them a vote democratic?

Leave had best get that 2nd referendum scheduled soon because with every passing day Leave is losing it by a little more.
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 29 EmptyFri Jul 27, 2018 9:29 am

Sir Francis Drake wrote:
...you don't get much less Elite or Establishment than me.

This little nugget illustrates nicely just how out of touch you are.  I'd hazard a guess that you are more elite(whether you like it or not)  than 50% of the population.  Anyone who has spent years as a civil servant and enjoys a gold plated pension etc, has to be bracketed thus in the real world.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 29 EmptyFri Jul 27, 2018 9:38 am

Hugh Watt wrote:
Rollo Tomasi wrote:
Sir Francis Drake wrote:

The Leave campaign controlled by Priti Patel, Ian Duncan Smith, Boris Johnson, Michael Gove et al?

The campaign that needlessly spunked £600,000 on a campaign that seemingly didn't influence anybody?

The Leave campaign that relentlessly focussed on immigration despite it seemingly not being anybody's most important issue?

That campaign.

This, in a nutshell, is why it’s a waste of time disagreeing with you. Someone earlier mentioned about the government produced booklet which clearly backed remain. It cost £9 million of tax payers money which equates to 15 times the amount overspent by the leave campaign yet you continue to ignore it.
The EU ideology is a dream created by a Frenchman so as to stop German hegemony.
The elite’s time is up and i suspect in twenty years time it’ll be back to nation states.

I've long blocked the character Hugh...
He's a born again alt right internet gorm. Actually thinks he's part of a revolution. study
Cranking and levering as many buzz words as he can muster. Politically, socially and linguistically inept, Can't hide his distaste for anyone left of Thatcher. Thought he had long gone.
Back to top Go down
Rollo Tomasi

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 29 EmptyFri Jul 27, 2018 9:39 am

Hugh Watt wrote:

I sometimes think that myself. I do occasionally though.

Argyle(under Brent) hold no interest anymore, the Premiership is greatly overrated, as are England.

In other words, what is there to comment about?
Back to top Go down
Rollo Tomasi

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 29 EmptyFri Jul 27, 2018 9:42 am

beesrus wrote:
Hugh Watt wrote:
Rollo Tomasi wrote:
Sir Francis Drake wrote:

That campaign.

I've long blocked the character Hugh...
He's a born again alt right internet gorm. Actually thinks he's part of a revolution. study
Cranking and levering as many buzz words as he can muster. Politically, socially and linguistically inept, Can't hide his distaste for anyone left of Thatcher.  Thought he had long gone.

Not for the first time I find I haven’t a clue what you’re on about.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 29 EmptyFri Jul 27, 2018 10:27 am

Franny trying to paint remain as good old common people with the countries interest at heart LMFAO. Cameron was the chief of remain where did that twat go to school? Gina Miller interested in seeing that the law is followed? How about not using your money to overturn a legally held vote?
Anyway as I said before why shouldn't we be giving millions of pounds to millionaire ESTABLISHMENT AS THEY FOOKIN COME landowners? I don't expect an answer to that one, again.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 29 EmptyFri Jul 27, 2018 11:09 am

I've yet to hear a single convincing argument as to how anybodies lives are going to improve as a result of leaving the EU. Everything that was initially promised has been disowned or being proven to be a pile of crap.

It hasn't been as bad as the 'doom-mongers/remoaners' predicted isn't good enough. Why risk all the upheaval?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 29 EmptyFri Jul 27, 2018 11:24 am

As an abstainer, one thing crossed my mind the other day... the likes of German Aldi ad Lidl might suffer comparatively more in a no deal than the other creaming supermarkets like tesco, as their product lines are clearly more dependent on the german model . That would be a travesty for many, especially at the bottom of the income ladder that voted to get out.
The few things I buy in supermarkets are usually in the german two, much prefer them. Quality is better ( apart from their veg, that's rubbish ), labelling far better, a bit less crap in the actual food, with staff far more with it and sparky.  And by all accounts, they pay more to the people that do the work. An actual example of cross border competition working for once, trashing a cozy profiteering "home" cartel.
Back to top Go down
PatDunne

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 29 EmptyFri Jul 27, 2018 12:18 pm

I have the sneaking suspicion that those wily capitalists across Europe will find a way to continue to make vast profits selling stuff in dear old Blighty...
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 29 EmptyFri Jul 27, 2018 12:28 pm

Sir Francis Drake wrote:
1.5 million young people denied a voice about THEIR future in the 2016 referendum have since turned 18.

Leave had best get that 2nd referendum scheduled soon because with every passing day Leave is losing it by a little more.

I wasn't old enough to vote in the referendum to join the European dream. Do you think they will re run that so I can vote?

PepsiPete Forecasting League Champion 2016-17

He was behind me at Charlton!  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Now an officially semi retired old fart! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
PatDunne

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 29 EmptyFri Jul 27, 2018 12:30 pm

mouldyoldgoat wrote:
Sir Francis Drake wrote:

I wasn't old enough to vote in the referendum to join the European dream. Do you think they will re run that so I can vote?

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 29 EmptyFri Jul 27, 2018 12:57 pm

Anyone that things no deal is an option shoudl read this.

Stick your fingers in your ear and shour "lalala Project fear lalala" to that.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 29 EmptyFri Jul 27, 2018 12:59 pm

Lalalalala project fear.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 29 EmptyFri Jul 27, 2018 1:48 pm

Standard.

Everyone listen. Ears is going to explain how the import of food is going to work in the event of a no deal Brexit. (We import rather a lot of food from the EU.) This will be good.....
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 29 EmptyFri Jul 27, 2018 2:04 pm

No I'm not there's no time, everybody must read this so they can prepare for the armageddon which is coming,

That really is a fantastic read I found point number 21 particularly amusing.

21. The End Of The World Isn’t Tomorrow

Yes, technically it could be, but odds are it isn’t. And if you always think it is, then you’re liable to panic and make bad decisions. Be prepared, but enjoy all that life has to offer. Don’t become so focused on prepping for doomsday that you forget to enjoy what you have today. And keep in mind that doomsday might never happen.

lol!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 29 EmptyFri Jul 27, 2018 2:10 pm

PatDunne wrote:
I have the sneaking suspicion that those wily capitalists across Europe will find a way to continue to make vast profits selling stuff in dear old Blighty...
Only if the Westminster capitalists let them. We're talking territory, patch.
One things for sure, prices will being going up, local squires will be pulling old strings and old scores will be settled, it's a human thing with change of regime... Change always brings price rise, look what happened in the EU at the start of the Euro, under-reported high inflation in the Eurozone.
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 29 EmptyFri Jul 27, 2018 2:15 pm

Les Miserable wrote:
Sir Francis Drake wrote:
...you don't get much less Elite or Establishment than me.

This little nugget illustrates nicely just how out of touch you are.  I'd hazard a guess that you are more elite(whether you like it or not)  than 50% of the population.  Anyone who has spent years as a civil servant and enjoys a gold plated pension etc, has to be bracketed thus in the real world.

Hazard any guesses you like.

It doesn't make your guesses any more accurate than anybody else's.

And remember that guesses is exactly what they are.
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 29 EmptyFri Jul 27, 2018 2:21 pm

Earwegoagain wrote:
Franny trying to paint remain as good old common people with the countries interest at heart LMFAO. Cameron was the chief of remain where did that twat go to school? Gina Miller interested in seeing that the law is followed? How about not using your money to overturn a legally held vote?
Anyway as I said before why shouldn't we be giving millions of pounds to millionaire ESTABLISHMENT AS THEY FOOKIN COME landowners? I don't expect an answer to that one, again.

Gina Miller has not tried to overturn the vote.

What she has done is ensure that British constitutional law has been followed when many on the Leave side, such as yourself obviously, would prefer it not to be.

That more or less smithereens the "take back sovereignty" argument because sovereignty is exactly what the Leavers would rather us not apply and Gina Miller has been insisting that we must.

There is absolutely no doubt about this. It is incontrovertible.

If you suggest anything else... well that's Fake News in the common argot. Or lies in plain English.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 29 Empty

Back to top Go down

EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...
Page 29 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30 ... 34 ... 40  Next