Plymouth Argyle Talk - Democratic

The 'ONLY' Independent Internet Forum for Argyle Fans

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...

Go down 
+22
Elias
Rollo Tomasi
shonbo
MikeWN
Yea Man
#SHITARTIST
Greenrod
VillageGreen
Tringreen
Big Robby
PatDunne
PlymptonPilgrim
Czarcasm
seadog
Lord Melbury
harvetheslayer
mouldyoldgoat
zyph
Les Miserable
Sir Francis Drake
Earwegoagain
Rickler
26 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 20 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Rickler

Rickler

EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... Empty
PostSubject: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... EmptyFri Nov 02, 2018 5:51 am

Sir Francis Drake wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:
Sir Francis Drake wrote:
Free of what?

What are you stopped from doing now?

Funnily enough I was stopped from buying 3 kilos of rat bait today as I don't have a pest control licence. Ive done one in the past but you need to refresh every five years. I am only allowed to buy 1.5kg in stupid plastic sachets or I could pay £450 to go on another course.

Thanks.

That certainly clinches the deal for me.

Civilisations have fallen for less reason.

So apart from Ears not being able to buy industrial quantities of rat poison is there anything else?

Well there would be things like having the death penalty...

although I suppose the two could be related?
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... EmptyFri Nov 02, 2018 8:23 am

Sir Francis Drake wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:
Sir Francis Drake wrote:
Free of what?

What are you stopped from doing now?

Funnily enough I was stopped from buying 3 kilos of rat bait today as I don't have a pest control licence. Ive done one in the past but you need to refresh every five years. I am only allowed to buy 1.5kg in stupid plastic sachets or I could pay £450 to go on another course.

Thanks.

That certainly clinches the deal for me.

Civilisations have fallen for less reason.

So apart from Ears not being able to buy industrial quantities of rat poison is there anything else?

That is just one example of EU law affecting everyday people. As for "industrial quantities" 3 kilos of rat bait is what is usually required through a winter for an average backyard poultry keeper to keep the vermin down to acceptable levels. It's only twice what I'm allowed to buy now but the packaging is a real issue with the small packs  containing loads more plastic.
The real issue is the training. I've been trained, multiple times for multiple aspects of works, this is just jobs for the boys. To this I could add manual handling courses, last one I had two HSE guys showing us how to safely pick up a 1 metre piece of 4x2. This not only cost ke money it took me off the site so wages for four days. Despite having driven and operated excavators for over thirty years I am unable to get paid for doing that ATM because guess what? I need to update my ticket. Probably about another £450. One of my boys is a plumber he has to do gas safe (used to be Corgi) £2500 every three years (maybe 5) then he has to do seperate units for caravans, oil fires, propane and how to make a cup of tea.
If you work for a big company then they get tax breaks and get paid by the govt. to do the training, it's no more than a slight pain in the arse. If you are self employed it can cost literally thousands a year but hey I guess as long as it doesn't affect you persoanlly its not an issue right?

Sorry Fwank but you seem to have missed my reply to you.

Last edited by Earwegoagain on Fri Nov 02, 2018 9:23 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... EmptyFri Nov 02, 2018 8:25 am

Sir Francis Drake wrote:
"Of course it isn't going to be easy no one suggested it would." - Earwegoagain. 21st October 2018

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Liam Fox, 20 July 2017

John Redwood, 17 July 2016

Nigel Farage, 20 September 2016

Gerald Batten (UKIP spokesman for Brexit), 17 February 2017

David Davis, 14 July 2016

David Davis, 4 February 2016

Michael Gove, 1 June, 2016.

Douglas Carswell, 8 June 2016

Paul Nuttall, 17 January 2017

Tim Martin, 2 January 2017

Which site did you lift these off?
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... EmptyFri Nov 02, 2018 8:48 am

Can't remember.

Not that it matters.
Back to top Go down
http://sicparvismagna.com

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... EmptyFri Nov 02, 2018 8:55 am

In Two and Half years, multiple reports of how dire a no deal brexit is going to be and this is the response.

Earwegoagain wrote:
Nope, the really really clever people of the country have been somehow duped by the racist, criminal and stupid people on a massive scale. It's not fair mawahhhhh mawahhhhhhh!

Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... EmptyFri Nov 02, 2018 9:15 am

Sir Francis Drake wrote:
Can't remember.

Not that it matters.

Selective memory at it's finest Laughing
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... EmptyFri Nov 02, 2018 9:20 am

Hugh Watt wrote:
In Two and Half years, multiple reports of how dire a no deal brexit is going to be and this is the response.

Earwegoagain wrote:
Nope, the really really clever people of the country have been somehow duped by the racist, criminal and stupid people on a massive scale. It's not fair mawahhhhh mawahhhhhhh!

Sums it up nicely. Plus no deal Brexit is only scary to the people that didn't vote for it. The majority of us in Britain see project fear for what it is.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... EmptyFri Nov 02, 2018 9:21 am

Les Miserable wrote:
Sir Francis Drake wrote:
Can't remember.

Not that it matters.

Are you say saying those people didn't say those things?
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... EmptyFri Nov 02, 2018 9:22 am

Les Miserable wrote:
Sir Francis Drake wrote:
Can't remember.

Not that it matters.

He only posted that shite yesterday as well. Can't remember lol.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... EmptyFri Nov 02, 2018 9:23 am

Earwegoagain wrote:
Hugh Watt wrote:

Earwegoagain wrote:

Sums it up nicely. Plus no deal Brexit is only scary to the people that didn't vote for it. The majority of us in Britain see project fear for what it is.

No deal was never on the table at the time of the referndum, because the EU were going to bend over backwards to give us a deal. Remember?
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... EmptyFri Nov 02, 2018 9:25 am

Hugh Watt wrote:
Les Miserable wrote:
Sir Francis Drake wrote:
Can't remember.

Not that it matters.

Are you say saying those people didn't say those things?

No I think he's saying that Fwank is a lier (politely obvs).
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... EmptyFri Nov 02, 2018 9:28 am

Hugh Watt wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:
Hugh Watt wrote:

Earwegoagain wrote:

No deal was never on the table at the time of the referndum, because the EU were going to bend over backwards to give us a deal. Remember?

Only in Cameron's mind. if you can be bothered to look back at what I was saying at the time it was that the EU would give us feck all but an in or out and I wanted out. Not Chequers type in but still out, just out. If that's no deal then just get on with it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... EmptyFri Nov 02, 2018 9:28 am

Earwegoagain wrote:
Les Miserable wrote:
Sir Francis Drake wrote:
Can't remember.

Not that it matters.

He only posted that shite yesterday as well. Can't remember lol.

Heres the Liam Fox quote in all its glory

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... EmptyFri Nov 02, 2018 9:29 am

Sir Francis Drake wrote:
Word is Nigel Farage has been upgraded by the FBI from 'Person of Interest' in Multiple Data Crimes to 'Actively being Investigated'.

What site did you read that on?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... EmptyFri Nov 02, 2018 9:30 am

Earwegoagain wrote:
Hugh Watt wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:
Hugh Watt wrote:

Earwegoagain wrote:

Only in Cameron's mind. if you can be bothered to look back at what I was saying at the time it was that the EU would give us feck all but an in or out and I wanted out. Not Chequers type in but still out, just out. If that's no deal then just get on with it.

Wouldn't it be terrible if we were really like Norway and Switzerland? Really? They're rich. They're happy. They're self-governing Nigel Farage, Ukip leader

The Norwegian option, the EEA option, I think that it might be initally attractive for some business people Matthew Elliot, Vote Leave chief executive

Increasingly, the Norway option looks the best for the UK Arron Banks, Leave.EU founder

Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... EmptyFri Nov 02, 2018 9:35 am

Hugh you are morphing into Frank light, it must be eating you bheys up inside scouring the www for quotes, links and pie charts.

It's a beautiful British autumnal Friday, unschackle yourselves sunny
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... EmptyFri Nov 02, 2018 9:37 am

Yet again I speak for myself as Im sure these people do. Is that hard to understand?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... EmptyFri Nov 02, 2018 10:08 am

Les Miserable wrote:
Hugh you are morphing into Frank light, it must be eating you bheys up inside scouring the www for quotes, links and pie charts.

It's a beautiful British autumnal Friday, unschackle yourselves sunny

I just googled "Farage Norway", it didn't take that much out of my day.
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... EmptyFri Nov 02, 2018 11:39 am

I just googled "brexit is easy quotes".

All of the quotes are genuine.

None of them are true.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... EmptyFri Nov 02, 2018 2:40 pm

Found it. Buzzfeed, an American online news setup. Do they have any links to the American corporations that funded the remain campaign?
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... EmptyFri Nov 02, 2018 3:25 pm

Earwegoagain wrote:
Found it. Buzzfeed, an American online news setup. Do they have any links to the American corporations that funded the remain campaign?

I don't know. Why should I?

Funding of the Remain Campaign was all open, transparent and accepted by the Electoral Commission as being quite in order.

"Remain Campaign Broke No Rules" isn't much of a thing to discuss, is it?

Thanks for letting me re-iterate that it was only the official Leave and unofficial Leave: EU campaigns which both broke the rules and, hence, which were both criminal.

And for being able to point out that the unofficial campaign out-spent the official one.

Let's just recap where we are again...

Word is Nigel Farage has been upgraded by FBI from 'Person of Interest' in Multiple Data Crimes to 'Actively being Investigated'.

Aaron Banks is currently under investigation by the NCA, the most powerful police force in the UK, and the electoral commission believes that £8m, at least, of its funding is unaccounted for other than having been putin from overseas.

The official Leave campaign has already been found to be in breach of electoral rules.

Cambridge Analytica/FB where the illegal usage of personal data has been openly admitted leaving CA ruined and disbanded.

And don't say "none of it made a difference". If those perpetrating these transgressions didn't think it would make a difference they would not have done it in the first place, would they?

Nobody spends £8m to influence opinion in ways it expects opinions not to be influenced, do they?

Exactly how corrupt does the Leave campaign have to be proven to have been before the referendum result is invalidated?

Is there no threshold at all?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... EmptyFri Nov 02, 2018 3:33 pm

Earwegoagain wrote:

Whats that got to do with anything? Those people said those things, I found an alternative source for one of the quotes just by googling "Liam Fox Easy".
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... EmptyFri Nov 02, 2018 3:40 pm

"The Mail understands that in early 2016 the then home secretary Theresa May declined a request by one of the security services to investigate Banks.

The topic was simply too explosive in the run up to the referendum."

Exactly how corrupt does the Leave campaign have to be proven to have been before the referendum result is invalidated?

Tick tock.

Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... EmptyFri Nov 02, 2018 3:49 pm

I was just wondering about foreign influence in UK political campaigns. Is it a worry or only for the losers?
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... EmptyFri Nov 02, 2018 3:56 pm

Sir Francis Drake wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:

I don't know. Why should I?

Funding of the Remain Campaign was all open, transparent and accepted by the Electoral Commission as being quite in order.

"Remain Campaign Broke No Rules" isn't much of a thing to discuss, is it?

Thanks for letting me re-iterate that it was only the official Leave and unofficial Leave: EU campaigns which both broke the rules and, hence, which were both criminal.

And for being able to point out that the unofficial campaign out-spent the official one.

Let's just recap where we are again...

Word is Nigel Farage has been upgraded by FBI from 'Person of Interest' in Multiple Data Crimes to 'Actively being Investigated'.

Aaron Banks is currently under investigation by the NCA, the most powerful police force in the UK, and the electoral commission believes that £8m, at least, of its funding is unaccounted for other than having been putin from overseas.

The official Leave campaign has already been found to be in breach of electoral rules.

Cambridge Analytica/FB where the illegal usage of personal data has been openly admitted leaving CA ruined and disbanded.

And don't say "none of it made a difference". If those perpetrating these transgressions didn't think it would make a difference they would not have done it in the first place, would they?

Nobody spends £8m to influence opinion in ways it expects opinions not to be influenced, do they?

Aaron Banks can be tried personally for financial irregularities. As far as I can tell so far he has been caught bang to rights for sending Leave group cash from a business registered in the Isle of Man. Not allowed appaza.
It has nothing to do with the validity of the referendum. That will not be invalidated by this. We will have left before this even gets to court. It's all irrelevant. Same for Farage.
Both campaigns were funded by overseas money trying to sway the vote. I would ban both sides of using any foreign funding if we did it again, but we won't. You lost, get over it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... Empty

Back to top Go down

EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...
Page 1 of 40Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 20 ... 40  Next