Chemical Ali
Les Miserable
Tgwu
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Rollo Tomasi

Curtis Nelson has signed for Oxford - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Curtis Nelson has signed for Oxford   Curtis Nelson has signed for Oxford - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 04, 2016 3:55 pm

Sir Francis Drake wrote:

At the time I didn't know for sure.

A PCA takes effect when the existing contract expires. It's convention that that is the end of June, I believe. I didn't know for sure when Nelson's expired though so I said I didn't know.

As already stated this has come though the distaff line. I'd be surprised if anybody involved had even heard of a PCA or the CCC apart from Mrs N.

I've no reason at all to think that what I have said all along is accurate and events seem to support that.

All football contracts (not loans) end officially on June 30th. This is a fact. It applies to managers too.
The pre contract agreement isn't and never was worth the paper it's written on. There are so many get out clauses that it's pointless.
As for the "she said he was leaving in the summer".
Just about all players leave in the summer.
Not exactly a revelation.
But again you word it to leave a bit of wriggle room.
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: Curtis Nelson has signed for Oxford   Curtis Nelson has signed for Oxford - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 04, 2016 4:01 pm

I didn't leave wiggle room; I posted exactly using the words on the text message sent to a friend of mine.

Like I said this all came down the distaff side via at least one person who wouldn't have a clue what a PCA was and would probably struggle with the CCC bit too.

I've posted everything I could exactly as it came to me.
Back to top Go down
http://sicparvismagna.com
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Curtis Nelson has signed for Oxford   Curtis Nelson has signed for Oxford - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 04, 2016 4:10 pm

From Brent Herald save clicking

Argyle fail to agree compensation for Curtis Nelson with Oxford

PLYMOUTH Argyle have yet to agree a settlement package with Oxford United after defender Curtis Nelson completed a move to the newly-promoted League One outfit.

Pilgrims' chief executive Martyn Starnes expects an independent three-man tribunal will have to make a decision on the case, which will be binding on both clubs.

Starnes admitted Argyle were looking for a 'substantial' amount and that Oxford had come nowhere near their valuation of the 23-year-old centre-back.

Nelson has signed as a free agent after rejecting the offer of a new contract from the Pilgrims.

However, Argyle are entitled to compensation for Nelson, potentially including a fee and future sell-on clauses, because he is aged under 24 and came through their youth ranks.

Nelson has signed a two-year contract with Oxford, who finished as runners-up to Northampton Town in League Two last term.

Oxford have an option to extend that deal with the former Argyle captain for a third season.

Starnes told Herald Sport: "It looks like it's going to a tribunal. We haven't agreed a settlement package with Oxford."

The Pilgrims held talks with Oxford last week but without any resolution to the issue.

Starnes continued: "He (Nelson) has played nearly 250 games and was our captain. We would expect something substantial.

"They (Oxford) made an offer which we considered to be below our valuation by some margin.

"It appeared as though the best solution was to go to tribunal, but that's not to say that negotiations won't continue at some stage.

"But, at this moment in time, it's going to tribunal."

Nelson was linked with a number of clubs, both in the Championship and League One over recent weeks.

Newly-promoted Championship side Barnsley made what Argyle described as a 'derisory offer' in terms of a settlement package for Nelson.

They did not follow up that interest after their chief executive, Ben Mansford, took on a similiar role at Leeds United.

Starnes said: "I think it's well known that Barnsley made an offer which, again, didn't meet our valuation.

"They didn't come back. I think they had a situation where their chief exec moved on to Leeds.

"We don't know all the detail but obviously Barnsley changed their mind about the direction they were heading in, in terms of recruitment."

Nelson made a total of 246 appearances for Argyle after making his debut for them at the age of 16 in August 2010.

No date has been arranged yet for a tribunal to set on the compensation that Argyle will receive for Nelson.

Some of the deciding factors will include how long Nelson has been at Argyle, how many appearances he made for the club, what wages he was earning and what he was offered as part of a new contract with them.

The tribunal will then come up with a valuation, which cannot be appealed against.

Nelson was the only ever-present for Argyle last season and his departure follows that of another centre-back, Peter Hartley, who signed for Bristol Rovers after turning down the chance to stay at Home Park.

Like Nelson, Hartley opted to make the step up to League One with a newly-promoted club.

Starnes added: "We made the offer to Curtis in the hope and expectation that he would accept it and sign.

"But there was always, I suppose, a niggle in our mind that he might feel it was time to move on and improve his financial package.

"I have had a quick chat with Curtis and I have got a lot of time for the lad.

"I'm disappointed he's leaving but he has to do what he feels is best for his career."

Argyle manager Derek Adams has already brought in three centre-backs this close season – Latvia international Nauris Bulvitis, Karleigh Osborne and Yann Songo'o.

But he could be in the market for one more after the departure of Nelson so he has plenty of cover for that important area of the squad.
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: Curtis Nelson has signed for Oxford   Curtis Nelson has signed for Oxford - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 04, 2016 4:24 pm

Surely we might reasonably expect a decent fee for him?

As a player he must tick all the boxes: young, several years at Argyle, captain of the team, made the play-offs 2 years running, ever-present last season, offered a new contract...

This all stacks up on our side if ever anything ever did.
Back to top Go down
Rollo Tomasi

PostSubject: Re: Curtis Nelson has signed for Oxford   Curtis Nelson has signed for Oxford - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 04, 2016 4:34 pm

I am told by an ex player that the main criteria in deciding the fee is the wages offered by the selling club (argyle).
Therefore if we are expecting £200,000 then we need to offer the commensurate wage.
Which is doubtful to say the least.
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: Curtis Nelson has signed for Oxford   Curtis Nelson has signed for Oxford - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 04, 2016 4:40 pm

I wouldn't expect a tribunal to over-generous. To be honest £100k is probably the tops we can expect.

It'll be undisclosed though whatever it is.
Back to top Go down
Chemical Ali

PostSubject: Re: Curtis Nelson has signed for Oxford   Curtis Nelson has signed for Oxford - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 04, 2016 5:07 pm

My cousin's wife works at the same school (Plymstock area) and she said at Christmas that Nelson's gf said they would be leaving Plymouth within a year.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Curtis Nelson has signed for Oxford   Curtis Nelson has signed for Oxford - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 04, 2016 5:09 pm

I love the "we" here.
Given his now so obvious reason for being here, Brenty won't be missing a trick. As with all unbudgeted icome, half of any compensation will go to paying down debt ( ie increasing the capital value of the club ) and half will find it's way to expenses for other matters or find it's way to the bottom line profit heading for the pension pot.
The playing budget will stay exactly the same. Wouldn't want to upset Mr Hallett who quite likes a tight run ship.

I was never impressed with Nelson whatsoever. Nowhere near the quality of recent lower league CBs like Coughlan, or even Wotton when he played there. It took Hartley turning up to put an end to the hopeless defence we had during Nelson's time.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Curtis Nelson has signed for Oxford   Curtis Nelson has signed for Oxford - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 04, 2016 5:18 pm

I'd agree with that Lordy. As far as being a successful CB in this league goes, Hartley will be a bigger miss to Argyle than Nelson.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Curtis Nelson has signed for Oxford   Curtis Nelson has signed for Oxford - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 04, 2016 5:30 pm

PS...... gotta say I'm disappointed with Nelson not going to a championship club.   Laughing
A good comeback, Fwank, with the WAG thing, but in the end Nelson isn't at a championship club, end of, so I'm marking you down on that one. jocolor
Back to top Go down
Charlie Wood

Charlie Wood

PostSubject: Re: Curtis Nelson has signed for Oxford   Curtis Nelson has signed for Oxford - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 04, 2016 5:33 pm

One of the factors in the compo offer will be the contract (length and value) offered by Argo...ah well.
Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68

PostSubject: Re: Curtis Nelson has signed for Oxford   Curtis Nelson has signed for Oxford - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 04, 2016 5:37 pm

Reliable steady injury free player like Nelson aloud to leave Argyle, to be replaced by a bloke who has'nt played for two years another who has three clubs a season in different countries, and an injury prone player on the slide down the leagues! good to see Club building is alive and well at Brents version of Plymouth Argyle.
Back to top Go down
Chemical Ali

PostSubject: Re: Curtis Nelson has signed for Oxford   Curtis Nelson has signed for Oxford - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 04, 2016 6:03 pm

Looks like Argyle will go to a tribunal over Nelson fee-

PLYMOUTH Argyle have yet to agree a settlement package with Oxford United after defender Curtis Nelson completed a move to the newly-promoted League One outfit.

Pilgrims' chief executive Martyn Starnes expects an independent three-man tribunal will have to make a decision on the case, which will be binding on both clubs.

Starnes admitted Argyle were looking for a 'substantial' amount and that Oxford had come nowhere near their valuation of the 23-year-old centre-back.

Nelson has signed as a free agent after rejecting the offer of a new contract from the Pilgrims.

However, Argyle are entitled to compensation for Nelson, potentially including a fee and future sell-on clauses, because he is aged under 24 and came through their youth ranks.

Nelson has signed a two-year contract with Oxford, who finished as runners-up to Northampton Town in League Two last term.

Oxford have an option to extend that deal with the former Argyle captain for a third season.

Starnes told Herald Sport: "It looks like it's going to a tribunal. We haven't agreed a settlement package with Oxford."

The Pilgrims held talks with Oxford last week but without any resolution to the issue.

Starnes continued: "He (Nelson) has played nearly 250 games and was our captain. We would expect something substantial.

"They (Oxford) made an offer which we considered to be below our valuation by some margin.

"It appeared as though the best solution was to go to tribunal, but that's not to say that negotiations won't continue at some stage.

"But, at this moment in time, it's going to tribunal."

Nelson was linked with a number of clubs, both in the Championship and League One over recent weeks.

Newly-promoted Championship side Barnsley made what Argyle described as a 'derisory offer' in terms of a settlement package for Nelson.

They did not follow up that interest after their chief executive, Ben Mansford, took on a similiar role at Leeds United.

Starnes said: "I think it's well known that Barnsley made an offer which, again, didn't meet our valuation.

"They didn't come back. I think they had a situation where their chief exec moved on to Leeds.

"We don't know all the detail but obviously Barnsley changed their mind about the direction they were heading in, in terms of recruitment."

Nelson made a total of 246 appearances for Argyle after making his debut for them at the age of 16 in August 2010.

No date has been arranged yet for a tribunal to set on the compensation that Argyle will receive for Nelson.

Some of the deciding factors will include how long Nelson has been at Argyle, how many appearances he made for the club, what wages he was earning and what he was offered as part of a new contract with them.

Read more: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Offering a 1 year deal may affect our "substantial fee" claim?
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: Curtis Nelson has signed for Oxford   Curtis Nelson has signed for Oxford - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 04, 2016 7:11 pm

Chemical Ali wrote:
My cousin's wife works at the same school (Plymstock area) and she said at Christmas that Nelson's gf said they would be leaving Plymouth within a year.

I hope you're ready for the Spanish Inquisition.
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: Curtis Nelson has signed for Oxford   Curtis Nelson has signed for Oxford - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 04, 2016 7:14 pm

Lord Biro wrote:
PS...... gotta say I'm disappointed with Nelson not going to a championship club.   Laughing
A good comeback, Fwank, with the WAG thing, but in the end Nelson isn't at a championship club, end of, so I'm marking you down on that one. jocolor

Fair enough, Lord B.

There's many a slip twixt pre-contract agreement and signing of official contract. Nobody can help that.
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

PostSubject: Re: Curtis Nelson has signed for Oxford   Curtis Nelson has signed for Oxford - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 04, 2016 7:28 pm

What a surprise..

Frankie completely and "utterly" wrong!

But he won't admit it.

What a surprise..

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Curtis Nelson has signed for Oxford   Curtis Nelson has signed for Oxford - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 04, 2016 9:41 pm

Charlie Wood wrote:
One of the factors in the compo offer will be the contract (length and value) offered by Argo...ah well.

Not sure what Adams will be able to do with the bag of magic beans that'll be coming Argyle's way after the tribunal then .
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Curtis Nelson has signed for Oxford   Curtis Nelson has signed for Oxford - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 04, 2016 10:10 pm

Chemical Ali wrote:

My friends milkman's dad's cousins best friend told me why if the club knew he was leaving at christmas did they not try and offload him in january to cash in as much as possible!!!! we still would have had all the future add ons and crap
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: Curtis Nelson has signed for Oxford   Curtis Nelson has signed for Oxford - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 05, 2016 11:05 am

People may come and people may go, but the art school dance goes on forever.
We may miss Curtis I fear, amazing how many people rubbish him and Ruben now they want to move away.
Fickle fans you just can't beat them!
cheers
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: Curtis Nelson has signed for Oxford   Curtis Nelson has signed for Oxford - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 05, 2016 11:26 am

Angry wrote:
Chemical Ali wrote:

My friends milkman's dad's cousins best friend told me why if the club knew he was leaving at christmas did they not try and offload him in january to cash in as much as possible!!!! we still would have had all the future add ons and crap

If he'd told the club.

Maybe they didn't know?

Or maybe he did and nobody came forward?
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

PostSubject: Re: Curtis Nelson has signed for Oxford   Curtis Nelson has signed for Oxford - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 05, 2016 1:06 pm

Sir Francis Drake wrote:
Angry wrote:
Chemical Ali wrote:

If he'd told the club.

Maybe they didn't know?

Surely by now angry you realise argyle are feckin clueless ????????
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Curtis Nelson has signed for Oxford   Curtis Nelson has signed for Oxford - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 05, 2016 1:28 pm

Elias wrote:
Sir Francis Drake wrote:
Angry wrote:
Chemical Ali wrote:

If he'd told the club.

Maybe they didn't know?

Surely by now angry you realise argyle are feckin clueless ????????

That has been obvious to me for many years Elias
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Curtis Nelson has signed for Oxford   Curtis Nelson has signed for Oxford - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Curtis Nelson has signed for Oxford
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2