Les Miserable
PlymptonPilgrim
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

Brexit - Leave or Remain poll - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brexit - Leave or Remain poll   Brexit - Leave or Remain poll - Page 4 EmptyTue Jun 21, 2016 11:32 am

Rollo did.

How do you know what other people do or don't do?
Back to top Go down
http://sicparvismagna.com
Dick Trickle

PostSubject: Re: Brexit - Leave or Remain poll   Brexit - Leave or Remain poll - Page 4 EmptyTue Jun 21, 2016 11:35 am

They may well be, they may not.

I'm beginning to tire of logging onto this site at the moment so gawd only knows what potential new posters must think. Can we tone down the personal remarks please gents?

I've had to tell my 6 year old son this morning that if he doesn't get along with someone in the playground don't go near them. Can we please stick to something similar on here?
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: Brexit - Leave or Remain poll   Brexit - Leave or Remain poll - Page 4 EmptyTue Jun 21, 2016 11:45 am

I agree.

Apologies if I have been unduly offensive to anybody - I know I really shouldn't bite but I am only human -  but I seem to be the target of a relentless barage of abuse (good ol' free speech, eh!) at present and it has been difficult to rise above it.
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: Brexit - Leave or Remain poll   Brexit - Leave or Remain poll - Page 4 EmptyTue Jun 21, 2016 12:37 pm

David Beckham opts for remain.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
zyph

zyph

PostSubject: Re: Brexit - Leave or Remain poll   Brexit - Leave or Remain poll - Page 4 EmptyTue Jun 21, 2016 12:45 pm

Sir Francis Drake wrote:
Here's another way of looking at the economics of Leave/Remain.

That before chart suggests that we where about 3%.....more than we are now.
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: Brexit - Leave or Remain poll   Brexit - Leave or Remain poll - Page 4 EmptyTue Jun 21, 2016 12:56 pm

The chart says we were very slightly over 2% before and have been very slightly lower than 2% since so, yes, you are correct.

It could be argued that the change is negligible in comparison to Japan 8% before and around 1.5% since.

What the chart does not show is a timescale for "before": is it 1 year? 43 years? There is no indication but obviously we know how long "since" is (although it is not defined explicitly).
Back to top Go down
Hugh Midde

Hugh Midde

PostSubject: Re: Brexit - Leave or Remain poll   Brexit - Leave or Remain poll - Page 4 EmptyTue Jun 21, 2016 1:25 pm

Rollo Tomasi wrote:
It was during the Wilson/Callahan Government that we were labelled the sick man of Europe. Nothing to do with our membership with the Common Market. Our prosperity started with the Thatcher reforms in 1979.

You clearly enjoy the prospect of an unaccountable, undemocratic monolithic State.

Bravo Rollo, Who wouldn't forget the dying days of the Callaghan government with the mountains of bin bags in the streets and coffins stored in warehouses because the grave diggers were on strike.

For all Thatchers faults, - and there quite a few, it was she that got the country moving in the right direction.

Stay in the EU and it will suck us dry like a spider does to a fly.
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: Brexit - Leave or Remain poll   Brexit - Leave or Remain poll - Page 4 EmptyTue Jun 21, 2016 1:55 pm

Sir Francis Drake wrote:

Sir Ian Botham and Sol Campbell disagree and will be voting to leave.
Back to top Go down
Rollo Tomasi

PostSubject: Re: Brexit - Leave or Remain poll   Brexit - Leave or Remain poll - Page 4 EmptyTue Jun 21, 2016 2:04 pm

There's nothing like an intellect to get me to change my mind.

I'll stick.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Brexit - Leave or Remain poll   Brexit - Leave or Remain poll - Page 4 EmptyTue Jun 21, 2016 3:06 pm

Hugh Midde wrote:
Rollo Tomasi wrote:
It was during the Wilson/Callahan Government that we were labelled the sick man of Europe. Nothing to do with our membership with the Common Market. Our prosperity started with the Thatcher reforms in 1979.

You clearly enjoy the prospect of an unaccountable, undemocratic monolithic State.

Bravo Rollo, Who wouldn't forget the dying days of the Callaghan government with the mountains of bin bags in the streets and coffins stored in warehouses because the grave diggers were on strike.

For all Thatchers faults, - and there quite a few, it was she that got the country moving in the right direction.

Stay in the EU and it will suck us dry like a spider does to a fly.

Privatisation of the rail decimation of the coal industry, deregulation of the stock market. That sort of direction?

Just out of interest, you are aware that this is a forum for a shit 4th division football club aren't you?
Back to top Go down
Rollo Tomasi

PostSubject: Re: Brexit - Leave or Remain poll   Brexit - Leave or Remain poll - Page 4 EmptyTue Jun 21, 2016 3:21 pm

This is going off thread however you seem to forget (if you were born) the Winter of Discontent was during the Labour administration. The Unions brought this country to its knees with unrealistic wage demands.
The joke was that they were the cause of the problems due to continuous lightning strikes and secondary picketing.
The Coal industry, car industry and British Rail were being bailed out with taxpayers money.
Thatcher was a product of Labours ineptitude.
Great days hey.

Last edited by Rollo Tomasi on Tue Jun 21, 2016 3:51 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Brexit - Leave or Remain poll   Brexit - Leave or Remain poll - Page 4 EmptyTue Jun 21, 2016 3:23 pm

Sir Francis Drake wrote:
I agree.

Apologies if I have been unduly offensive to anybody - I know I really shouldn't bite but I am only human -  but I seem to be the target of a relentless barage of abuse (good ol' free speech, eh!) at present and it has been difficult to rise above it.

I would say if you can't take it don't give it out. My remark regarding your biased reporting was in answer to you saying you wouldnt watch the [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] as it was biased propaganda, works both ways and it's why I refuse to debate with you. You infer I'm right wing, xenophobic and probably racist (maybe not directly but I am part of that group) I called you a teacher.
Notice I didn't try and slag off Moist or Frank because they debate in a civil manner with no insults my way, it's easy really.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Brexit - Leave or Remain poll   Brexit - Leave or Remain poll - Page 4 EmptyTue Jun 21, 2016 3:25 pm

Rollo Tomasi wrote:
This is going off thread however you seem to forget (if you were born) the Winter of Discontent was during the Labour administration. The Unoins bought this country to its knees with unrealistic wage demands.
The joke was that they were the cause of the problems due to continuous lightning strikes and secondary picketing.
The Coal industry, car industry and British Rail were being bailed out with taxpayers money.
Great days hey.

The coal industry is pretty well finished thanks to the milk snatcher, the British car industry is now German and we are now bailing out the privateers that now own our once great rail network, great days hey?
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: Brexit - Leave or Remain poll   Brexit - Leave or Remain poll - Page 4 EmptyTue Jun 21, 2016 3:34 pm

Amsterdamage wrote:
Sir Francis Drake wrote:
I agree.

I would say if you can't take it don't give it out. My remark regarding your biased reporting was in answer to you saying you wouldnt watch the [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] as it was biased propaganda, works both ways and it's why I refuse to debate with you. You infer I'm right wing, xenophobic and probably racist (maybe not directly but I am part of that group) I called you a teacher.
Notice I didn't try and slag off Moist or Frank because they debate in a civil manner with no insults my way, it's easy really.

I have not called you a xenophobe or a racist; I have pointed out that you are on the xenophobic and racist side of the argument.

Not all Leavers are xenophobic and racist; all racists and xenophobes will vote Leave.

I've made these points countless times but you just can't grasp them. I have no idea why not; they are not complicated.

You are definitely right wing whether you realise it or not.

I am not a teacher. Call me one if you like but it's wrong. You could call me an astronaut or a farmer or footballer and I'd point out that they were wrong too. Again you fail to grasp the simple facts. Again this is not difficult.

I am not wasting more than an hour of my life watching the bullshit Brexit movie. It has no credibility. It is directed by a well-known right-wing nutjob climate change denier and I am not going to watch it ever. Put up a link to something much shorter and I might watch it (even if it is just as bullshitty).

Last edited by Sir Francis Drake on Tue Jun 21, 2016 3:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Brexit - Leave or Remain poll   Brexit - Leave or Remain poll - Page 4 EmptyTue Jun 21, 2016 3:36 pm

Sir Francis Drake wrote:

That's me backing remain as well now. Well that and one of the fit birds from TOWIE is also a remainer. Why didn't the leave campaign think of asking thick as shite footballers what their views were? lol!
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

PostSubject: Re: Brexit - Leave or Remain poll   Brexit - Leave or Remain poll - Page 4 EmptyTue Jun 21, 2016 3:38 pm

Sir Francis Drake wrote:
I agree.

But of course the 'barage' (sic) has got nothing to do with your behaviour and attitude, has it?
It's just everyone else being awful as always.

Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: Brexit - Leave or Remain poll   Brexit - Leave or Remain poll - Page 4 EmptyTue Jun 21, 2016 3:41 pm

Amsterdamage wrote:
Sir Francis Drake wrote:

That's me backing remain as well now. Well that and one of the fit birds from TOWIE is also a remainer. Why didn't the leave campaign think of asking thick as shite footballers what their views were? lol!

Well Brexit has been urging us to ignore the "so-called experts" (c. Michael Gove) like the BoE, IMF, IFS, CBI, TUC, ECB etc. If you are not going to listen to experts then dear ol' Becks is about as far down the other end of the spectrum as I can think of. Maybe you'll listen to him?

If you won't listen to experts or celebs then who will you listen to?

Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: Brexit - Leave or Remain poll   Brexit - Leave or Remain poll - Page 4 EmptyTue Jun 21, 2016 3:41 pm

Rickler wrote:
Sir Francis Drake wrote:
I agree.

But of course the 'barage' (sic) has got nothing to do with your behaviour and attitude, has it?
It's just everyone else being awful as always.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.].
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Brexit - Leave or Remain poll   Brexit - Leave or Remain poll - Page 4 EmptyTue Jun 21, 2016 3:47 pm

And it is about time you shut the feck up.
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: Brexit - Leave or Remain poll   Brexit - Leave or Remain poll - Page 4 EmptyTue Jun 21, 2016 3:56 pm

Amsterdamage wrote:

Look, you are on the same side of the debate as Martin Griffin (ex-leader of the BNP), Thomas Mair (the Britain First nutjob awaiting trial for the murder of MP Jo Cox) and the 3rd largest donor to the Leave campaign is BNP member Gladys Brammall.

There is no doubt whatsoever that the Leave campaign is supported by racists and xenophobes.

What is wrong with saying so?
Back to top Go down
Moist_Von_Lipwig

Moist_Von_Lipwig

PostSubject: Re: Brexit - Leave or Remain poll   Brexit - Leave or Remain poll - Page 4 EmptyTue Jun 21, 2016 4:07 pm

Amsterdamage wrote:
Rollo Tomasi wrote:
This is going off thread however you seem to forget (if you were born) the Winter of Discontent was during the Labour administration. The Unoins bought this country to its knees with unrealistic wage demands.
Great days hey.

The coal industry is pretty well finished thanks to the milk snatcher, the British car industry is now German and we are now bailing out the privateers that now own our once great rail network, great days hey?

Did you know that National Express are running trains in Germany. Nothing to do with the debate. Just thought I'd mention it.

Anyhow, time for some Bier und Fussball.
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: Brexit - Leave or Remain poll   Brexit - Leave or Remain poll - Page 4 EmptyTue Jun 21, 2016 4:15 pm

Sir Francis Drake wrote:
Amsterdamage wrote:
Sir Francis Drake wrote:

Well Brexit has been urging us to ignore the "so-called experts" (c. Michael Gove) like the BoE, IMF, IFS, CBI, TUC, ECB etc. If you are not going to listen to experts then dear ol' Becks is about as far down the other end of the spectrum as I can think of. Maybe you'll listen to him?

If you won't listen to experts or celebs then who will you listen to?

As you've quoted an article or two from the Telegraph just recently,here's another one detailing some of the views of experts on various economic issues over the years;

I suppose good ol' Becks couldn't do much worse.
Back to top Go down
PlymptonPilgrim
Admin
PlymptonPilgrim

PostSubject: Re: Brexit - Leave or Remain poll   Brexit - Leave or Remain poll - Page 4 EmptyTue Jun 21, 2016 4:18 pm

Sir Francis Drake wrote:
Amsterdamage wrote:

Look, you are on the same side of the debate as Martin Griffin (ex-leader of the BNP), Thomas Mair (the Britain First nutjob awaiting trial for the murder of MP Jo Cox) and the 3rd largest donor to the Leave campaign is BNP member Gladys Brammall.

There is no doubt whatsoever that the Leave campaign is supported by racists and xenophobes.

There is also nothing wrong with saying that not all supporters of the leave campaign are racists and xenophobes.
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: Brexit - Leave or Remain poll   Brexit - Leave or Remain poll - Page 4 EmptyTue Jun 21, 2016 4:31 pm

PlymptonPilgrim wrote:
Sir Francis Drake wrote:
Amsterdamage wrote:

There is also nothing wrong with saying that not all supporters of the leave campaign are racists and xenophobes.

I have said that. Many times. Most recently on this page.

Sir Francis Drake wrote:
Amsterdamage wrote:
Sir Francis Drake wrote:
I agree.

Apologies if I have been unduly offensive to anybody - I know I really shouldn't bite but I am only human - but I seem to be the target of a relentless barage of abuse (good ol' free speech, eh!) at present and it has been difficult to rise above it.

I have not called you a xenophobe or a racist; I have pointed out that you are on the xenophobic and racist side of the argument.

Not all Leavers are xenophobic and racist; all racists and xenophobes will vote Leave.

I've made these points countless times but you just can't grasp them. I have no idea why not; they are not complicated.

You are definitely right wing whether you realise it or not.

I am not a teacher. Call me one if you like but it's wrong. You could call me an astronaut or a farmer or footballer and I'd point out that they were wrong too. Again you fail to grasp the simple facts. Again this is not difficult.

I am not wasting more than an hour of my life watching the bullshit Brexit movie. It has no credibility. It is directed by a well-known right-wing nutjob climate change denier and I am not going to watch it ever. Put up a link to something much shorter and I might watch it (even if it is just as bullshitty).
Back to top Go down
PlymptonPilgrim
Admin
PlymptonPilgrim

PostSubject: Re: Brexit - Leave or Remain poll   Brexit - Leave or Remain poll - Page 4 EmptyTue Jun 21, 2016 4:40 pm

Good. I thought it needed saying clearly and not contained within several paragraphs of verbosity.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Brexit - Leave or Remain poll   Brexit - Leave or Remain poll - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

Brexit - Leave or Remain poll
Page 4 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next