Les Miserable
PlymptonPilgrim
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
Hugh Midde

Hugh Midde

Brexit - Leave or Remain poll - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brexit - Leave or Remain poll   Brexit - Leave or Remain poll - Page 6 EmptyWed Jun 22, 2016 12:11 pm

Hugh Watt wrote:
Hugh Midde wrote:
Hugh Watt wrote:
Hugh Midde wrote:
Rollo Tomasi wrote:
It was during the Wilson/Callahan Government that we were labelled the sick man of Europe. Nothing to do with our membership with the Common Market. Our prosperity started with the Thatcher reforms in 1979.

You clearly enjoy the prospect of an unaccountable, undemocratic monolithic State.

Bravo Rollo, Who wouldn't forget the dying days of the Callaghan government with the mountains of bin bags in the streets and coffins stored in warehouses because the grave diggers were on strike.

For all Thatchers faults, - and there quite a few, it was she that got the country moving in the right direction.

Stay in the EU and it will suck us dry like a spider does to a fly.

Decimation of the coal industry.

Just out of interest, you are aware that this is a  forum for a shit 4th division football club aren't you?

But didn't EU rules 'order' the closure of the UK's perfectly good coal fired power stations?

I say this because between 2011 and 2015, 10 spanking new coal fired power stations opened in Germany. Not really fair is it?

"You are aware that this is a forum for a shit 4th division football club?"

Good grief! The irony of you asking me such a question.   Very Happy    

In your 60 odd posts you contributed to this forum you have barely mentioned football, if at all. It is after all a forum for a shit 4th division football club.

You also seem quite tight with a recently banned poster. There are plenty of places to discuss the referendum so I am entitled to ask why you choose this place.

I've heard of Lord Tisdale in a past life although I've never met our even spoken to him. I did admire the way he could so easily knock you stayers into the proverbial cocked hat - which some of your number(not necessarily you) had trouble handling. You would surely agree he was informed and undeniably clever. However, his weakness was the couldn't or wouldn't rein in his mouth and consequently paid the price for it. Perhaps he just subscribed to the old west country saying that "you can't educate pork."

It's true that I haven't had much to say about footie mainly because I live quite a distance away and I'm uneasy about commenting on any matches I was unable to see in the flesh - I feel you're leaving yourself wide open ridicule by expressing an opinion garnered by snippets you read in the press or see on tv. When the new season begins I hope to put your mind at rest - on second thoughts that's the last thing I want to do.

Tw0dle-00 Hugh Wink
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Brexit - Leave or Remain poll   Brexit - Leave or Remain poll - Page 6 EmptyWed Jun 22, 2016 12:23 pm

Hugh Midde wrote:
Hugh Watt wrote:
Hugh Midde wrote:
Hugh Watt wrote:
Hugh Midde wrote:
Rollo Tomasi wrote:
It was during the Wilson/Callahan Government that we were labelled the sick man of Europe. Nothing to do with our membership with the Common Market. Our prosperity started with the Thatcher reforms in 1979.

You clearly enjoy the prospect of an unaccountable, undemocratic monolithic State.

Bravo Rollo, Who wouldn't forget the dying days of the Callaghan government with the mountains of bin bags in the streets and coffins stored in warehouses because the grave diggers were on strike.

For all Thatchers faults, - and there quite a few, it was she that got the country moving in the right direction.

Stay in the EU and it will suck us dry like a spider does to a fly.

Decimation of the coal industry.

Just out of interest, you are aware that this is a  forum for a shit 4th division football club aren't you?

But didn't EU rules 'order' the closure of the UK's perfectly good coal fired power stations?

I say this because between 2011 and 2015, 10 spanking new coal fired power stations opened in Germany. Not really fair is it?

"You are aware that this is a forum for a shit 4th division football club?"

Good grief! The irony of you asking me such a question.   Very Happy    

In your 60 odd posts you contributed to this forum you have barely mentioned football, if at all. It is after all a forum for a shit 4th division football club.

You also seem quite tight with a recently banned poster. There are plenty of places to discuss the referendum so I am entitled to ask why you choose this place.

I've heard of Lord Tisdale in a past life although I've never met our even spoken to him. I did admire the way he could so easily knock you stayers into the proverbial cocked hat - which some of your number(not necessarily you) had trouble handling. You would surely agree he was informed and undeniably clever. However, his weakness was the couldn't or wouldn't rein in his mouth and consequently paid the price for it. Perhaps he just subscribed to the old west country saying that "you can't educate pork."  

It's true that I haven't had much to say about footie mainly because I live quite a distance away and I'm uneasy about commenting on any matches I was unable to see in the flesh - I feel you're leaving yourself wide open ridicule by expressing an opinion garnered by snippets you read in the press or see on tv. When the new season begins I hope to put your mind at rest - on second thoughts that's the last thing I want to do.

Tw0dle-00  Hugh  Wink

That is if knocking someone into a cocked hat is dismissing their argument on the basis they don't agree with it and calling that person a moron.
Back to top Go down
Hugh Midde

Hugh Midde

PostSubject: Re: Brexit - Leave or Remain poll   Brexit - Leave or Remain poll - Page 6 EmptyWed Jun 22, 2016 12:41 pm

Rollo Tomasi wrote:
My contempt for Cameron reached a new low last night. The Chief Advisor to the Turkish President was "flabbergasted" by our Prime Minister's claim to the British voters that Turkey wouldn't be joining the EU for decades.

Cameron had, for the last six years, assured President Erdogan that he would fight tooth and nail to oversee Turkey's membership.

What a despicable character he's become.

In being so utterly unprincipled and mendacious, doesn't Cameron realise the EU leaders and all who matters in the world now has his card well and truly marked. He'll go down in history as Machiavelli mark2.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Brexit - Leave or Remain poll   Brexit - Leave or Remain poll - Page 6 EmptyWed Jun 22, 2016 12:55 pm

Amsterdamage wrote:
Sir Francis Drake wrote:
For the umpteenth time...

I have not accused you of being racist.

If I have then quote it.

If I'm always doing it it should be easy.

But you won't quote it because you cannot quote it because it has not happened.

You could apologise and move on, you allied me to Nick Griffin and a murderer FFS!

This is what SFD does. He'll say something that everyone will read the same way. Yet he will word it so that he can say "where did I say that?", when challenged on it. It is pure low cunning.

Tbh it falls into the bracket of top end classic 'trolling for a reaction' too.

As for apologising, why would someone who's never wrong about anything ever, apologise?
Back to top Go down
Rollo Tomasi

PostSubject: Re: Brexit - Leave or Remain poll   Brexit - Leave or Remain poll - Page 6 EmptyWed Jun 22, 2016 2:42 pm

St Francis uses words carefully so as to leave himself wriggle room. I've been saying it for months.

It might be he's not even aware he does it. It's subconscious.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Brexit - Leave or Remain poll   Brexit - Leave or Remain poll - Page 6 EmptyWed Jun 22, 2016 4:23 pm

All because I called him a teacher. Razz
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: Brexit - Leave or Remain poll   Brexit - Leave or Remain poll - Page 6 EmptyWed Jun 22, 2016 5:08 pm

I am sorry that anybody might think that I have accused them of being racist because they support Leave. This has never been my intention.

I have stated explicitly, many times, that I do not think that everybody who supports Leave is racist.

I have no good reason to think that anybody with whom I have been in discussion on these threads is racist.

I hope this clears up any confusion.
Back to top Go down
http://sicparvismagna.com

PostSubject: Re: Brexit - Leave or Remain poll   Brexit - Leave or Remain poll - Page 6 EmptyWed Jun 22, 2016 5:16 pm

Thanks Franny.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Brexit - Leave or Remain poll   Brexit - Leave or Remain poll - Page 6 EmptyWed Jun 22, 2016 7:04 pm

For me that apology doesn't go far enough, I'm not Amsters apologist, he's more than capable of dealing with that himself, however aligning him and other "leave" supporters with Griffin and the nutter who murdered Jo Cox was way out of line
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Brexit - Leave or Remain poll   Brexit - Leave or Remain poll - Page 6 EmptyWed Jun 22, 2016 7:44 pm

Graiser wrote:
For me that apology doesn't go far enough, I'm not Amsters apologist, he's more than capable of dealing with that himself, however aligning him and other "leave" supporters with Griffin and the nutter who murdered Jo Cox was way out of line

He's apologised. What more do you want from the man?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Brexit - Leave or Remain poll   Brexit - Leave or Remain poll - Page 6 EmptyWed Jun 22, 2016 8:23 pm

Hugh Watt wrote:
Graiser wrote:

He's apologised. What more do you want from the man?

I'm sure you can read
Back to top Go down
Lord Melbury

PostSubject: Re: Brexit - Leave or Remain poll   Brexit - Leave or Remain poll - Page 6 EmptyWed Jun 22, 2016 8:43 pm

Quite sinister messages being put out by Camoron & Gideon. The message is to ensure we vote the right way as that's it forever. but that applies to Remain too & they will justifiably say, "we told you so" when we're locked in forever to a federal superstate.
Come Friday morning Article 50 will be re-written to prevent anyone else having the audacity to think they can escape...chilling stuff !

Vote Leave.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Brexit - Leave or Remain poll   Brexit - Leave or Remain poll - Page 6 EmptyWed Jun 22, 2016 9:07 pm

'Friday's going to be amazing! i'm going to wake up in my Union Jack jim-jams to the sound of a squadron of Spitfires racing overhead and leaving a trail of hot buttered crumpets behind them
I'll run to the corner shop past all the british children who are laughing and squealing with excitement as they make a beautiful statue of the queen out of happy wriggling bulldog puppies - with two corgis for her eyebrows!
bunting flutters everywhere and the man from the betting shop steps into the street - "guess what! England just won the World Cup & The Ashes & The Grand National and here's the best bit - Boris put a bet on it for everyone! you're all MILLIONAIRES!!!"
the red arrows fly overhead dropping fish and chips as i walk into the corner shop, get my morning paper and go to the counter. "how much please?" i say to the asian lad there. "1 pence, everything in the whole shop now costs just 1p!" he laughs, "leave it on the counter, i'm off back to pakistan - we all are!"
and he's right! outside in the streets jolly old nigel farage is leading a huge crowd of happy foreigners - turks, poles, romanians, syrians - there's even a few English people with heavy suntans mixed up in there! nigel's playing Rule Britannia on a long pipe, rather like the pipe that takes the gas into your oven, and they're all following and smiling and talking foreign, bless them!
just then boris flies overhead in a concorde made of Bank of England gold - "don't worry!" he laughs "I've cut out all the bits the French made!" and with that he crashes into the ground at 1200 miles an hour, along with the economy, the country and all the dozy nostalgic foreigner-fearing twits who fell for his bullshit.
grow up. wake up.
IN'...............and brent out !

Twat.........

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Lord Melbury

PostSubject: Re: Brexit - Leave or Remain poll   Brexit - Leave or Remain poll - Page 6 EmptyWed Jun 22, 2016 9:33 pm

Dozy, thickos, twats, foreigner-fearing (bet you edited that bit Very Happy )
All very objective stuff Tring. Well done.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Brexit - Leave or Remain poll   Brexit - Leave or Remain poll - Page 6 EmptyWed Jun 22, 2016 9:36 pm

drunken Guinness o'clock.
Back to top Go down
Lord Melbury

PostSubject: Re: Brexit - Leave or Remain poll   Brexit - Leave or Remain poll - Page 6 EmptyWed Jun 22, 2016 9:40 pm

Been posted before but won't hurt to post it again

Cadbury moved factory to Poland 2011 with EU grant.
Ford Transit moved to Turkey 2013 with EU grant.
Jaguar Land Rover has recently agreed to build a new plant in Slovakia with EU grant, owned by Tata, the same company who have trashed our steel works and emptied the workers pension funds.
Peugeot closed its Ryton (was Rootes Group) plant and moved production to Slovakia with EU grant.
British Army's new Ajax fighting vehicles to be built in SPAIN using SWEDISH steel at the request of the EU to support jobs in Spain with EU grant, rather than Wales.
Dyson gone to Malaysia, with an EU loan.
Crown Closures, Bournemouth (Was METAL BOX), gone to Poland with EU grant, once employed 1,200.
M&S manufacturing gone to far east with EU loan.
Hornby models gone. In fact all toys and models now gone from UK along with the patents all with with EU grants.
Gillette gone to eastern Europe with EU grant.
Texas Instruments Greenock gone to Germany with EU grant.
Indesit at Bodelwyddan Wales gone with EU grant.
Sekisui Alveo said production at its Merthyr Tydfil Industrial Park foam plant will relocate production to Roermond in the Netherlands, with EU funding.
Hoover Merthyr factory moved out of UK to Czech Republic and the Far East by Italian company Candy with EU backing.
ICI integration into Holland’s AkzoNobel with EU bank loan and within days of the merger, several factories in the UK, were closed, eliminating 3,500 jobs
Boots sold to Italians Stefano Pessina who have based their HQ in Switzerland to avoid tax to the tune of £80 million a year, using an EU loan for the purchase.
JDS Uniphase run by two Dutch men, bought up companies in the UK with £20 million in EU 'regeneration' grants, created a pollution nightmare and just closed it all down leaving 1,200 out of work and an environmental clean-up paid for by the UK tax-payer. They also raided the pension fund and drained it dry.
UK airports are owned by a Spanish company.
Scottish Power is owned by a Spanish company.
Most London buses are run by Spanish and German companies.
The Hinkley Point C nuclear power station to be built by French company EDF, part owned by the French government, using cheap Chinese steel that has catastrophically failed in other nuclear installations. Now EDF say the costs will be double or more and it will be very late even if it does come online.
Swindon was once our producer of rail locomotives and rolling stock. Not any more, it's Bombardier in Derby and due to their losses in the aviation market, that could see the end of the British railways manufacturing altogether even though Bombardier had EU grants to keep Derby going which they diverted to their loss-making aviation side in Canada.
39% of British invention patents have been passed to foreign companies, many of them in the EU
The Mini cars that Cameron stood in front of as an example of British engineering, are built by BMW mostly in Holland and Austria. His campaign bus was made in Germany even though we have Plaxton, Optare, Bluebird, Dennis etc., in the UK. The bicycle for the Greens was made in the far east, not by Raleigh UK but then they are probably going to move to the Netherlands too as they have said recently.

Anyone who thinks the EU is good for British industry or any other business simply hasn't paid attention to what has been systematically asset-stripped from the UK. Name me one major technology company still running in the UK,., and now we don't even teach electronic technology for technicians any more, due to EU regulations.

I haven't detailed our non-existent fishing industry the EU paid to destroy, nor the farmers being paid NOT to produce food they could sell for more than they get paid to do nothing, don't even go there.
I haven't mentioned what it costs us to be asset-stripped like this, nor have I mentioned immigration, nor the risk to our security if control of our armed forces is passed to Brussels or Germany.

Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68

PostSubject: Re: Brexit - Leave or Remain poll   Brexit - Leave or Remain poll - Page 6 EmptyWed Jun 22, 2016 9:47 pm

Vote Remain.... say no to Farage Johnson and spunken duncan smith!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Brexit - Leave or Remain poll   Brexit - Leave or Remain poll - Page 6 EmptyWed Jun 22, 2016 9:55 pm

'Out' for me.

Control of our laws
Control of our borders
Control of our ways of life
Control of our elected politicians and the direction they advocate

Anything else is just details to argue about.
No one can say remaining in the EU will absolutely make us better off by 2030, there's risks both ways, the difference is our ability to change direction when we (the people) choose. Thumbs
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Brexit - Leave or Remain poll   Brexit - Leave or Remain poll - Page 6 EmptyWed Jun 22, 2016 10:06 pm

Lord Melbury wrote:

Jaguar Land Rover has recently agreed to build a new plant in Slovakia with EU grant, owned by Tata, the same company who have trashed our steel works and emptied the workers pension funds.
Peugeot closed its Ryton (was Rootes Group) plant and moved production to Slovakia with EU grant.
British Army's new Ajax fighting vehicles to be built in SPAIN using SWEDISH steel at the request of the EU to support jobs in Spain with EU grant, rather than Wales.
Crown Closures, Bournemouth (Was METAL BOX), gone to Poland with EU grant, once employed 1,200.
Hornby models gone. In fact all toys and models now gone from UK along with the patents all with with EU grants.
Sekisui Alveo said production at its Merthyr Tydfil Industrial Park foam plant will relocate production to Roermond in the Netherlands, with EU funding.
Hoover Merthyr factory moved out of UK to Czech Republic and the Far East by Italian company Candy with EU backing.
ICI integration into Holland’s AkzoNobel with EU bank loan and within days of the merger, several factories in the UK, were closed, eliminating 3,500 jobs
Boots sold to Italians Stefano Pessina who have based their HQ in Switzerland to avoid tax to the tune of £80 million a year, using an EU loan for the purchase.
JDS Uniphase run by two Dutch men, bought up companies in the UK with £20 million in EU 'regeneration' grants, created a pollution nightmare and just closed it all down leaving 1,200 out of work and an environmental clean-up paid for by the UK tax-payer. They also raided the pension fund and drained it dry.
The Hinkley Point C nuclear power station to be built by French company EDF, part owned by the French government, using cheap Chinese steel that has catastrophically failed in other nuclear installations. Now EDF say the costs will be double or more and it will be very late even if it does come online.
Swindon was once our producer of rail locomotives and rolling stock. Not any more, it's Bombardier in Derby and due to their losses in the aviation market, that could see the end of the British railways manufacturing altogether even though Bombardier had EU grants to keep Derby going which they diverted to their loss-making aviation side in Canada.
39% of British invention patents have been passed to foreign companies, many of them in the EU
The Mini cars that Cameron stood in front of as an example of British engineering, are built by BMW mostly in Holland and Austria. His campaign bus was made in Germany even though we have Plaxton, Optare, Bluebird, Dennis etc., in the UK. The bicycle for the Greens was made in the far east, not by Raleigh UK but then they are probably going to move to the Netherlands too as they have said recently.

Anyone who thinks the EU is good for British industry or any other business simply hasn't paid attention to what has been systematically asset-stripped from the UK. Name me one major technology company still running in the UK,., and now we don't even teach electronic technology for technicians any more, due to EU regulations.

I haven't detailed our non-existent fishing industry the EU paid to destroy, nor the farmers being paid NOT to produce food they could sell for more than they get paid to do nothing, don't even go there.
I haven't mentioned what it costs us to be asset-stripped like this, nor have I mentioned immigration, nor the risk to our security if control of our armed forces is passed to Brussels or Germany.

Absobleddylutely well written Thumbs

Most definitely out for me, although unfortunately I think the Remain vote will prevail
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Brexit - Leave or Remain poll   Brexit - Leave or Remain poll - Page 6 EmptyWed Jun 22, 2016 10:07 pm

So, to all the remainers. Despite what your nemesis, Camermoron has brainwashed/promised you with about further negotiations for the UK if you lot vote to remain, your EU leader, Mr Juncker, only a few hours ago says very different!!

More shite and more lies from Cameron. Still want to vote to remain?

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Brexit - Leave or Remain poll   Brexit - Leave or Remain poll - Page 6 EmptyWed Jun 22, 2016 10:09 pm

Lord Melbury wrote:

Thumbs
Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68

PostSubject: Re: Brexit - Leave or Remain poll   Brexit - Leave or Remain poll - Page 6 EmptyWed Jun 22, 2016 10:12 pm

I actually like David Cameron, good Prime Minister in my opinion.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Brexit - Leave or Remain poll   Brexit - Leave or Remain poll - Page 6 EmptyWed Jun 22, 2016 10:15 pm

sufferedsince 68 wrote:
I actually like David Cameron, good Prime Minister in my opinion.

Shocked
Back to top Go down
Lord Melbury

PostSubject: Re: Brexit - Leave or Remain poll   Brexit - Leave or Remain poll - Page 6 EmptyWed Jun 22, 2016 10:18 pm

Popcorn Pig wrote:
So, to all the remainers. Despite what your nemesis, Camermoron has brainwashed/promised you with about further negotiations for the UK if you lot vote to remain, your EU leader, Mr Juncker, only a few hours ago says very different!!

More shite and more lies from Cameron. Still want to vote to remain?

All these MPs are very careful to say they want to remain in a "re-formed" EU.
As there will be no reform when the other 27 countries refuse to ratify Cameron's crumbs they already have their excuses when it all goes tits up (again)
Back to top Go down
Moist_Von_Lipwig

Moist_Von_Lipwig

PostSubject: Re: Brexit - Leave or Remain poll   Brexit - Leave or Remain poll - Page 6 EmptyWed Jun 22, 2016 10:26 pm

What I find a bit ironic is that all the "oldies" are voting out and all the "youngsters" (who it will really affect - let's get it right, it's the next generation who will have to pick up the pieces should it all go wrong - the "oldies" will be dead or hoping that some immigrant will be looking after them!) are voting in.

Did you see how Boris and  his supporters treated the 17 year old today?

Maybe, nobody over 50 or 60 should be allowed to vote!!!

Last edited by Moist_Von_Lipwig on Wed Jun 22, 2016 10:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Brexit - Leave or Remain poll   Brexit - Leave or Remain poll - Page 6 Empty

Back to top Go down

Brexit - Leave or Remain poll
Page 6 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next