Tringreen
downthetrack
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
downthetrack

downthetrack

Exeweb has got a bit stale. Empty
PostSubject: Exeweb has got a bit stale.   Exeweb has got a bit stale. EmptyTue Jan 17, 2012 11:17 pm

Steve Morris,the creator and owner of the site has decided to sell it to a fans group.All well and good,not really just seems to have lost the chaos and cutting edge stuff.The new mods seem to over moderate.Sounds a bit like some where else.

But Steve has done a great job over the years. I WOULD LIKE TO WISH HIM ALL THE BEST IN THE FUTURE
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Exeweb has got a bit stale.   Exeweb has got a bit stale. EmptyWed Jan 18, 2012 8:55 am

downthetrack wrote:
Steve Morris,the creator and owner of the site has decided to sell it to a fans group.All well and good,not really just seems to have lost the chaos and cutting edge stuff.The new mods seem to over moderate.Sounds a bit like some where else.

But Steve has done a great job over the years. I WOULD LIKE TO WISH HIM ALL THE BEST IN THE FUTURE

I hope for your sake that the new owners aren't BGB's and members of the GGG, Holiday Inn love ins affraid
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Exeweb has got a bit stale.   Exeweb has got a bit stale. EmptyWed Jan 18, 2012 10:51 am

Tringreen wrote:
downthetrack wrote:

I hope for your sake that the new owners aren't BGB's and members of the GGG, Holiday Inn love ins affraid

Don't think any of them are GGG's. They are all good people I think (just like here), although a couple could be easily bullied (not like here).

Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Exeweb has got a bit stale.   Exeweb has got a bit stale. EmptyWed Jan 18, 2012 10:54 am

The Red Star wrote:
Tringreen wrote:
downthetrack wrote:

Don't think any of them are GGG's. They are all good people I think (just like here), although a couple could be easily bullied (not like here).

I like you Red. Embarassed
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: Exeweb has got a bit stale.   Exeweb has got a bit stale. EmptyFri Jan 20, 2012 8:23 am

Exeweb under the previous ownership an excellent site. Don't allow it to become too close to the club otherwise you'll end up with an over-moderated, stalinist, happy clappy, one point of view only is acceptable official site mk2
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Exeweb has got a bit stale.   Exeweb has got a bit stale. EmptyFri Jan 20, 2012 10:52 am

Freathy wrote:
Exeweb under the previous ownership an excellent site. Don't allow it to become too close to the club otherwise you'll end up with an over-moderated, stalinist, happy clappy, one point of view only is acceptable official site mk2

Anyone who disagrees is an internet geek and a freak.

And to think that he who must be obeyed and spouts that sort of crap, has made more postings on Exeweb alone, in various guises Rolling Eyes, than most 'geeks n freaks' will ever make on Pasoti or ATD.

lol!
Back to top Go down
downthetrack

downthetrack

PostSubject: Re: Exeweb has got a bit stale.   Exeweb has got a bit stale. EmptyFri Jan 20, 2012 11:11 am

Seems to be getting back to its normal self,it is a good fans site.
To answer to Freathy's point.There are a lot of posters with 10k + posts with alternative views.So i don't think it will be like some other sites
Back to top Go down
Lord Tisdale

Lord Tisdale

PostSubject: Re: Exeweb has got a bit stale.   Exeweb has got a bit stale. EmptyFri Jan 20, 2012 11:52 am

Exeweb has been in decline for some time now and regime change is unlikely to change that, subject matter and quality of posting are what count and I am afraid the place has been taken over by dullness and torpor, although I could say pretty much the same for just about every football forum you might care to visit. No offence lads, but when the majority of the threads on ATD are being started by a child and seem to be constant rehashes of threads from a month ago, I think there is little room for complacency.

Football forums prosper when there is really something to moan about, even the other place got interesting when the countdown to liquidation was nearing zero, as soon as that was history it dropped back into the look at me fest it had been before.

What I don't understand is why the clubs treat them with such contempt, any club with a gramme of sense would be drip feeding stories to energise their base, or using the medium as a sales tool, trouble is they all think because of the nature of the product we will all log on to the official site to wait for updates which never come. Twatter is successful because there is always something happening, it may be the most banal nonsense but we have become the most avaricious consumers of banality, how else could Tim Vine be considered to be anything more than a boring tw@t.

The King is dead and Exeweb is dying, long live apathy.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Exeweb has got a bit stale.   Exeweb has got a bit stale. EmptyFri Jan 20, 2012 1:28 pm

We're happy enough Tis. Football talk when you support clubs like ours is boring and largely a nerdy time filler.
Exeweb seems to have had a fair amount of childlike , name calling between visiting fans and the Grecian faithful but that to me, is even more pathetic than us taking the piss out of Newell and co.

If you like, we could have some playground banter[ your ground's shit blah blah !] but what's the point ? We're both shite, going nowhere clubs but at least our potential fanbase, historically at least double yours , 'could' support higher level football........... if we didn't have the dynamic duo sucking up to Brent and feeding him the parochial janner mentality he must now believe is what all Argyle fans are like.
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: Exeweb has got a bit stale.   Exeweb has got a bit stale. EmptyFri Jan 20, 2012 2:47 pm

I don't know much about Exeweb but as soon as "banter" replaces debate and discussion there is little point in a messageboard existing.

"You're shit!" "No we aren't! You are!" even when dressed up with some semblance of wit is boring and will inevitably degenerate into namecalling and nastyness that is best avoided.

Banter tends not to be knockabout good humour, as it should by definition be, but a smokescreen to excuse bullying and insult. Compare and contrast banter on the terraces at a game. It always always always turns nasty even if it doesn't start out that way.

Football would be a far better place if fans stuck to trying to encourage their own team. It'd probably be more effective too.
Back to top Go down
http://sicparvismagna.com
downthetrack

downthetrack

PostSubject: Re: Exeweb has got a bit stale.   Exeweb has got a bit stale. EmptyFri Jan 20, 2012 2:58 pm

Sir Francis Drake wrote:
I don't know much about Exeweb but as soon as "banter" replaces debate and discussion there is little point in a messageboard existing.

"You're shit!" "No we aren't! You are!" even when dressed up with some semblance of wit is boring and will inevitably degenerate into namecalling and nastyness that is best avoided.

Banter tends not to be knockabout good humour, as it should by definition be, but a smokescreen to excuse bullying and insult. Compare and contrast banter on the terraces at a game. It always always always turns nasty even if it doesn't start out that way.

Football would be a far better place if fans stuck to trying to encourage their own team. It'd probably be more effective too.

Exewebs banter board is a good board,yes it is piss take but that's part of football.Ive watched City and Forest all over the country,drank in the home teams pubs and had a great laugh.It is a very small minority who want to kick your arse in .

Off to watch Forest at West Ham tomorrow and will be in the Edinbourgh for a few beers before the game.Done so many times when we play West Ham.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Exeweb has got a bit stale.   Exeweb has got a bit stale. EmptyFri Jan 20, 2012 3:07 pm

I think it's healthy for a club to have at least two message boards because human nature being what it is, it will attract those that have higher personal ambitions then the significance that they give to the club.

Since ATD has become more popular there have been less banning on Pasoti, so in effect ATD has unwittingly been policing Pasoti and forcing it to treat its membership better, that can't be a bad thing.

As much as Exweb has been a good site over the years in needs that competition and an alternative to keep the balance.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Exeweb has got a bit stale.   Exeweb has got a bit stale. EmptyFri Jan 20, 2012 3:09 pm

Sir Francis Drake wrote:

Think it's more of a class and breeding thing my friend.

Rugby supporters seem able to mix freely in stadiums and enjoy a pint !
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Exeweb has got a bit stale.   Exeweb has got a bit stale. EmptyFri Jan 20, 2012 3:17 pm

Well I didn't want to say that Tring lol!
Back to top Go down
Lord Tisdale

Lord Tisdale

PostSubject: Re: Exeweb has got a bit stale.   Exeweb has got a bit stale. EmptyFri Jan 20, 2012 3:19 pm

Tringreen wrote:
We're happy enough Tis. Football talk when you support clubs like ours is boring and largely a nerdy time filler.
Exeweb seems to have had a fair amount of childlike , name calling between visiting fans and the Grecian faithful but that to me, is even more pathetic than us taking the piss out of Newell and co.

Now I find the current badinage twixt thee and ol' Chubby to be quite the most interesting thing on here.

There has to be room for both the torpor of the beards and the zest and fire of the younger element, I think the Banter Board keeps itself pretty much to itself over on Exeweb.

We must of course thank you for allowing us to share your Emperor, he is such a pleasure to have around, how is the investigation into his dodgy CoAs coming along?

Finally, can I just say I would rather have our decrepit dump at Sid James Park than your meccano kit full of empty green plastic seats and that empty rotting hulk. Laughing
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Exeweb has got a bit stale.   Exeweb has got a bit stale. EmptyFri Jan 20, 2012 3:22 pm

At least we have potential, where as you..don't lol!
Back to top Go down
Lord Tisdale

Lord Tisdale

PostSubject: Re: Exeweb has got a bit stale.   Exeweb has got a bit stale. EmptyFri Jan 20, 2012 3:38 pm

GOB wrote:
At least we have potential, where as you..don't lol!

Yep I agree, I think the only league team with more potential than you would seem to be Northampton, when you are that low all you have got is potential.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Exeweb has got a bit stale.   Exeweb has got a bit stale. EmptyFri Jan 20, 2012 3:51 pm

Now, now boys ! Porkie won't be able to resist the banter if this continues ................. but then we'd all have to meet up at a Holiday Inn sleepover, shake hands, slap thighs and make more 'real friends' lol!
Even El Presidente has joined the GGG society I believe, bringing all his class and terrible diction with him no doubt. He and Porkie really are kindred spirits............we're doomed I tellee What a Face
Back to top Go down
downthetrack

downthetrack

PostSubject: Re: Exeweb has got a bit stale.   Exeweb has got a bit stale. EmptyFri Jan 20, 2012 4:00 pm

Who the feck uses a word like (torpor) there is only one who would use that word on exeweb ,thats POULTICE.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Exeweb has got a bit stale.   Exeweb has got a bit stale. EmptyFri Jan 20, 2012 4:11 pm

downthetrack wrote:
Who the feck uses a word like (torpor) there is only one who would use that word on exeweb ,thats POULTICE.

Good old Poults....champion pork basher Laughing

As Exeter stirred from its economic slumber with piecemeal regeneration, Plymouth sank into an even deeper torpor. Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Exeweb has got a bit stale.   Exeweb has got a bit stale. EmptyFri Jan 20, 2012 4:19 pm

Tringreen wrote:
Sir Francis Drake wrote:

But that class of folk can't wait to have a punch up on the pitch, or out in Iraq... where's the breeding then ? All classes have their fighting time, it's just dressed up differently.. go to a young farmers rogering and see how peaceable it can be.
And look at the 'banter' now between Cameron's toffs and the French and Germans ... just where's that heading to ?
Most men will always posture and take a pop.

Last edited by penzancepirate on Fri Jan 20, 2012 4:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Exeweb has got a bit stale.   Exeweb has got a bit stale. EmptyFri Jan 20, 2012 4:23 pm

I hope there isn't a fight, we don't have any guns.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Exeweb has got a bit stale.   Exeweb has got a bit stale. EmptyFri Jan 20, 2012 4:27 pm

penzancepirate wrote:
Tringreen wrote:
Sir Francis Drake wrote:

But that class of folk can't wait to have a punch up on the pitch, or out in Iraq. All classes have their fighting time, it's just dressed up differently...
And look at the 'banter' now between Cameron's toffs and the French and Germans ... just where's that heading to ?

True enough but isn't it fantastic to see rugby refs in such total control and using available technology, whereas football refs seem to run about in a constant state of panic, trying to avoid eye contact with the players.
If we're really brave we'll have goal line technology Rolling Eyes
How about the three appeals per game rule, whereby the captain can request the video ref is involved in big decisions, like unfair dismissals or deliberate diving etc. ?
Of course this can only happen in the PL , European and world cups etc.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Exeweb has got a bit stale.   Exeweb has got a bit stale. EmptyFri Jan 20, 2012 4:28 pm

No worries Gob, we can all take up bowling on the Hoe, and pray to the storm cat for a mighty wind to blow up .... it usually works.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Exeweb has got a bit stale.   Exeweb has got a bit stale. EmptyFri Jan 20, 2012 4:40 pm

Tringreen wrote:

True enough but isn't it fantastic to see rugby refs in such total control and using available technology, whereas football refs seem to run about in a constant state of panic, trying to avoid eye contact with the players.

Don't get me wrong Tringy, I would love football to have the camaraderie on the terraces that rugby and cricket have.
And as for the referee thing and class, well, my favourite subject clown ............. rugby cricket and golf are played by a far happier bunch.
They're middle class sports played in the middle class tradition, where most participants have been treated well by the system. Players don't get upset at the ref, because by and large they've been brought up in a world where the law, the community, the authority serves them well, whereas the poor old oiks are forever being put down. No wonder the plebs have a pop at the authority figure in black on the pitch... the auto pilot reaction will always be authority is going to judge against me, not for me.

In fact, I think I feel a song coming on .... It's the rich that the pleasure ... it's the poor ttha......... lol!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Exeweb has got a bit stale.   Exeweb has got a bit stale. Empty

Back to top Go down

Exeweb has got a bit stale.
Page 1 of 5Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next