Chemical Ali
Les Miserable
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
green_genie

green_genie

Traveling to Wembley. - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Traveling to Wembley.   Traveling to Wembley. - Page 3 EmptyFri 20 May - 14:48

Czarcasm wrote:
green_genie wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

£15 to a primary school a mile stroll in opposite direction to crowds partly along the river Brent foot path.
How civilised.

That's more realistic if you don't mind the walk. Although parking is only valid from 12-6pm.

Phoned to check. It's an hour after end of game so extra time / pens (god forbid) covered.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Traveling to Wembley.   Traveling to Wembley. - Page 3 EmptyFri 20 May - 15:43

Czarcasm wrote:

Just the £30 to park at Wembley. bom

This is exactly the sort of culture I refuse to be a part of, and one of the reasons I refused to go to Wembley in 96 despite having been to every home game that season. It makes me angry, and I would rather be a happy bunny somewhere else by the sea.
Good luck in avoiding the spivs people. I did think of bicycling from 5 m or 10 miles out, and will decide nearer the day, as a POTD, if I get put under social pressure to attend Laughing
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Traveling to Wembley.   Traveling to Wembley. - Page 3 EmptyFri 20 May - 15:54

Geddon Lordy B, you know you want to
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Traveling to Wembley.   Traveling to Wembley. - Page 3 EmptyFri 20 May - 16:11

There's really no point getting angry about it though Lordy. Life's too short. Anger leads to bitterness, and that'll only get worse as you age.

It's an annoyance, granted. But 99% of people live with the acceptance that at big events of any kind you're going pay over the odds, be it for the actual tickets, parking, food & drink.

'Twas always so.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Traveling to Wembley.   Traveling to Wembley. - Page 3 EmptyFri 20 May - 16:21

I've got my ticket and travel for just under a oner now, just a few tenners on drink and pies and were sorted, about double on what I spend at a day out at Argyle. Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Traveling to Wembley.   Traveling to Wembley. - Page 3 EmptyFri 20 May - 16:22

Lord Biro wrote:
Czarcasm wrote:

Just the £30 to park at Wembley. bom

This is exactly the sort of culture I refuse to be a part of, and one of the reasons I refused to go to Wembley in 96 despite having been to every home game that season. It makes me angry, and I would rather be a happy bunny somewhere else by the sea.
Good luck in avoiding the spivs people. I did think of bicycling from 5 m or 10 miles out, and will decide nearer the day, as a POTD, if I get put under social pressure to attend Laughing

And there was me thinking you supported the redistribution of wealth. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

PostSubject: Re: Traveling to Wembley.   Traveling to Wembley. - Page 3 EmptyFri 20 May - 19:54

Les Miserable wrote:
Elias wrote:
Will many travel from milton keynes ?

This must shorely be THE dream final for you Elias cheers

dreading it, just imagine if the fa cup stealers won for gods sake !
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

PostSubject: Re: Traveling to Wembley.   Traveling to Wembley. - Page 3 EmptyFri 20 May - 19:54

Amsterdamage wrote:
Elias wrote:
Will many travel from milton keynes ?

You getting your teams muddled again bhey? My mates travelling from Wimbledon and he supports both Argyle and the real Wimbledon you ought to meet him hell put you straight. Very Happy

an mk dons fan in the argyle end ? scratch
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

PostSubject: Re: Traveling to Wembley.   Traveling to Wembley. - Page 3 EmptyFri 20 May - 19:56

Czarcasm wrote:
green_genie wrote:

£15 to a primary school a mile stroll in opposite direction to crowds partly along the river Brent foot path.
How civilised.

That's more realistic if you don't mind the walk. Although parking is only valid from 12-6pm.

brent footpath ? theres no escaping the man lol!
Back to top Go down
tigertony

tigertony

PostSubject: Re: Traveling to Wembley.   Traveling to Wembley. - Page 3 EmptyFri 20 May - 23:31

Son and I are driving up and have used ''justpark''. I have the use of a private driveway from 1pm to 8pm about half mile from Stadium. £25 although prices vary.
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: Traveling to Wembley.   Traveling to Wembley. - Page 3 EmptyFri 20 May - 23:51

Tgwu wrote:
Free Parking is available at Harrow Borough FC . We are a few minutes walk from Northolt Park station which just one stop (5mins) to Wembley Stadium Station. Our Club will be open from 10 am for pre match refreshments you can come in cars, minibus or coaches

Return Standard fare  £10.35

Email [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] for details

previous vistors in very large numbers include , Swansea, Cardiff, Bristol City & Bristol Rovers

This looks like a staggeringly good idea for anybody driving there.

Driving into or near Wembley also means driving away afterwards and this is an option I have done twice before at the old Wembley... Never again!

Last time we stopped miles out at Aylesbury and trained in from there.

I can't for the life of me think of why anybody would take a car any further into London than they absolutely have to.
Back to top Go down
http://sicparvismagna.com
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Traveling to Wembley.   Traveling to Wembley. - Page 3 EmptySat 21 May - 6:37

Sir Francis Drake wrote:
Tgwu wrote:
Free Parking is available at Harrow Borough FC . We are a few minutes walk from Northolt Park station which just one stop (5mins) to Wembley Stadium Station. Our Club will be open from 10 am for pre match refreshments you can come in cars, minibus or coaches

previous vistors in very large numbers include , Swansea, Cardiff, Bristol City & Bristol Rovers

Driving into or near Wembley also means driving away afterwards and this is an option I have done twice before at the old Wembley... Never again!

I can't for the life of me think of why anybody would take a car any further into London than they absolutely have to.

Yes.................park and get the underground.
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

Location : Wormwood Scrubs awaiting the imminent arrival of Johnson..

PostSubject: Re: Traveling to Wembley.   Traveling to Wembley. - Page 3 EmptySat 21 May - 7:35

Sir Francis Drake wrote:
Tgwu wrote:

Yes that Club posted the same on the FB Groups at start of week making the point their BAR opens early. Suspect they make a bundle off that and fair play to them
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Traveling to Wembley.   Traveling to Wembley. - Page 3 EmptySat 21 May - 8:02

harvetheslayer wrote:
Sir Francis Drake wrote:
Tgwu wrote:

Yes that Club posted the same on the FB Groups at start of week making the point their BAR opens early. Suspect they make a bundle off that and fair play to them

It's fine if you don't mind your memories of Wembley '16 consisting largely pre-match of sitting in a ramshackle non-league clubhouse. Each to their own though.
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Traveling to Wembley.   Traveling to Wembley. - Page 3 EmptySat 21 May - 8:20

Pig master ask for s donation for not changing advertisement fees from them.

The return fare I put was wrong, it is 5.20
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Traveling to Wembley.   Traveling to Wembley. - Page 3 EmptySat 21 May - 8:37

Into Paddington 11.18 from Worcester - is it right need a 1-6 day tube travel card for £12?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Traveling to Wembley.   Traveling to Wembley. - Page 3 EmptySat 21 May - 9:08

Last time I was in the smoke I bought a ticket from Victoria to Paddington at a booth.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Traveling to Wembley.   Traveling to Wembley. - Page 3 EmptySat 21 May - 9:39

Bandwagon wrote:
Into Paddington 11.18 from Worcester - is it right need a 1-6 day tube travel card for £12?

Zone 1-4 should be fine?
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Traveling to Wembley.   Traveling to Wembley. - Page 3 EmptySat 21 May - 10:10

Off peak travel card ie including weekends/bank holidays is £12.10 for all zones................ whether 1-4 or 1-6

Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68

PostSubject: Re: Traveling to Wembley.   Traveling to Wembley. - Page 3 EmptySat 21 May - 11:08

Train sorted, tickets bought,me and two pals are going to wemberleeeeeeeeeeeeee, 270 quid on the train from down town NA to Lundun for three of us a fookin rip off, but hey ho i'm a praper fan. jocolor
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Traveling to Wembley.   Traveling to Wembley. - Page 3 EmptySat 21 May - 12:43

Would have been £600 from Plymouth.
Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68

PostSubject: Re: Traveling to Wembley.   Traveling to Wembley. - Page 3 EmptySat 21 May - 12:59

Amsterdamage wrote:
600 quid! i'm going into the Rail Business! Laughing
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Traveling to Wembley.   Traveling to Wembley. - Page 3 EmptySat 21 May - 13:14

sufferedsince 68 wrote:
Amsterdamage wrote:
Robbing feckers, what really grates is you actually have to book a seat, don't forget to do that you may end up having to stand up all the way.
Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68

PostSubject: Re: Traveling to Wembley.   Traveling to Wembley. - Page 3 EmptySat 21 May - 13:20

Amsterdamage wrote:
sufferedsince 68 wrote:
Amsterdamage wrote:
Robbing feckers, what really grates is you actually have to book a seat, don't forget to do that you may end up having to stand up all the way.
Yep, i had to book the seats, they dont need masks and a stripey jumper to fookin rob ya! jocolor
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Traveling to Wembley.   Traveling to Wembley. - Page 3 EmptySat 21 May - 14:23

Should be state owned and run .....................................................feckin Tories.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Traveling to Wembley.   Traveling to Wembley. - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Traveling to Wembley.
Page 3 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next