Keyholder
Czarcasm
Chemical Ali
Les Miserable
19 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage

Traveling to Wembley. Empty
PostSubject: Traveling to Wembley.   Traveling to Wembley. EmptyTue May 17, 2016 5:53 pm

Looking like a carload of us are going up so a few questions of them in know as I've never been to new Wembley.
Is there parking at the ground and if so how much?
Is driving up to Landon on a bank holiday Monday total madness anyway?
Would it be worth parking outside of London somewhere and then train and tube to ground?
I've heard talk of £100 for the train anybody know any cheap deals or cheaper sites to buy tickets?
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: Traveling to Wembley.   Traveling to Wembley. EmptyTue May 17, 2016 6:23 pm

The roads and the underground are always quieter on bank holidays, no idea about parking near the stadium.
Back to top Go down
Chemical Ali

PostSubject: Re: Traveling to Wembley.   Traveling to Wembley. EmptyTue May 17, 2016 6:35 pm

Roads could be busy as its the first holiday day of half term (not sure if its the same across the country)?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Traveling to Wembley.   Traveling to Wembley. EmptyTue May 17, 2016 6:37 pm

It's Monday though shorely the traveling will be worse on Friday Saturday?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Traveling to Wembley.   Traveling to Wembley. EmptyTue May 17, 2016 7:06 pm

If it were me, I would drive up early, and I mean early. Be at your destination by 8am ...... all part of the day. Park up near to the outlying tube system anywhere. And the world's your oyster..... get it clown
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Traveling to Wembley.   Traveling to Wembley. EmptyTue May 17, 2016 7:09 pm

Hmmm, travelling Ply-Lon on the Monday should be ok by road if you leave early enough Bear in mind there will be 30odd thousand going the same way at the same time, but there will also be many thousands travelling in the same direction who have been in Devon/Cornwall for the bank holiday weekend. Obviously these won't be leaving at the crack of dawn so providing you leave early enough - 8ish? You should be fine.

If you're driving I'd definitely park somewhere on the west side of London around the M25 area near a train station. Slough has good fast train links into Paddington. Any closer in and you'll have big problems finding somewhere to leave the car that doesn't require a re-mortgage. Years ago we always used to park further in around Ealing Broadway which was perfect, but that area is now almost entirely permit parking in the residential streets close to the station.

I'm not aware of any special trains being run, but that may change.

Back to top Go down
Keyholder

Keyholder

PostSubject: Re: Traveling to Wembley.   Traveling to Wembley. EmptyTue May 17, 2016 7:14 pm

John Lloyd is suggesting uxbridge in his fb group and thinks there are free parking areas around?

Chem ali
Back to top Go down
http://argyletalkdemocratic.forumotion.co.uk
Foxy

Foxy

PostSubject: Re: Traveling to Wembley.   Traveling to Wembley. EmptyTue May 17, 2016 7:16 pm

Amsterdamage wrote:
Looking like a carload of us are going up so a few questions of them in know as I've never been to new Wembley.
Is there parking at the ground and if so how much?
Is driving up to Landon on a bank holiday Monday total madness anyway?
Would it be worth parking outside of London somewhere and then train and tube to ground?
I've heard talk of £100 for the train anybody know any cheap deals or cheaper sites to buy tickets?

There are websites where people near Wembley advertise to park on their drives normally about £15 and easily within walking distance plus there are industrial Est next to Wembley that do the same for £10-£20 and all very safe.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Traveling to Wembley.   Traveling to Wembley. EmptyTue May 17, 2016 7:27 pm

We're driving to High Wycombe Station, park in station car park and train direct to Wembley, 23min train time
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Traveling to Wembley.   Traveling to Wembley. EmptyTue May 17, 2016 9:34 pm

Travel update to Wembley via the club

THIS month’s play-off Pilgrimage to Wembley has been boosted by Great Western Railways’ decision to lay on additional trains and increase capacity on existing routes to carry the Green Army to Wembley.

The club has also released initial details of coach travel to the Home of Football on May 30, when Argyle play either Accrington Stanley or AFC Wimbledon in Sky Bet League 2 Play-Off Final.

Trains
The club has been working closely with GWR to ensure that fans can travel to London by train.

GWR have added significant capacity to planned services and are putting on additional trains, extensions of their service that would have otherwise have started in Bristol.

The extra routes will take slightly longer, but should be less crowded, and will increase overall capacity to around 1,200 passengers.

Other routes available to supporters are the CrossCountry Train service to Bristol and onwards to London, and Exeter to Waterloo on South West Trains.

The Bakerloo tube from Paddington to Wembley is closed at Paddington, so fans should allow extra travelling time to take account of this.

Coaches
Coaches for Wembley will leave Home Park at 7am from outside the Devonport End.

The cost is £40 per person – no concessions – and tickets can be booked through the Home Park Ticket Office in person or over the phone on 0845 872 3335. Payment is by cash, card or cheque.

There will be four coaches running through Cornwall, two on each of two routes. These can be booked through the Home Park Ticket Office, when customers will need to select which of the two coaches they require and where they will join. If these coaches are filled, they will not stop at Home Park but go straight through...to Wembley!

The routes and pick-up points are:

Route 1
5.10am Truro - coach park (behind M&S)
5.35 Fraddon Services - coach park
5.55 Bodmin - Dennison Road
6.15 Liskeard - Parade
6.35 Saltash - bus stop on North Road (just before the bridge)
6.50-7 Home Park

Route 2
5.10am Truro - coach park (behind M&S)
5.35 St Austell - Railway Station
5.40 Holmbush - bus stop
5.55 Lostwithiel - Royal Talbot
6.15 Liskeard - Parade
6.25 Tideford - bus stop
6.30 Landrake - bus stop
6.50-7 Home Park

Read more at [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Traveling to Wembley.   Traveling to Wembley. EmptyTue May 17, 2016 9:51 pm

Foxy wrote:

There are websites where people near Wembley advertise to park on their drives normally about £15 and easily within walking distance plus there are industrial Est next to Wembley that do the same for £10-£20 and all very safe.

That's interesting Foxy.
Given that London is mostly boring and flat, biking is also where it's at, especially on a bank holiday. My last few trips to the capital have involved my bike. It's the smart choice.
Shorely Wembley, as a new stedium, has quite a few bike racks in their car parks at little to no charge. Come on Amster, you can cycle in for 10 miles, and all wobble back easy as you like.

In fact, thinking about it, I reckon it's a great way to soak up the atmosphere and a day to remember. You can park miles out of town and problems. I've often used a bike on demonstrations far bigger than any Wembley crowd, and it's always worked out well.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Traveling to Wembley.   Traveling to Wembley. EmptyTue May 17, 2016 10:32 pm

Just checked the Wembley website. Looks good. Even on the east side of the stedium.
Has given me an idea. Pedal for Pints   flower  
Trouble is, the recent pedal for pints ended in a bit of a disaster at the Mayday obbyoss in Padstow lol!  

Quote :
Wembley Stadium is a bicycle friendly stadium. Bicycle parking is available on street level (B2) in the north east corner of the Stadium (near the Green car park).  
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Traveling to Wembley.   Traveling to Wembley. EmptyTue May 17, 2016 10:42 pm

Free Parking is available at Harrow Borough FC . We are a few minutes walk from Northolt Park station which just one stop (5mins) to Wembley Stadium Station. Our Club will be open from 10 am for pre match refreshments you can come in cars, minibus or coaches

Return Standard fare  £10.35

Email [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] for details

previous vistors in very large numbers include , Swansea, Cardiff, Bristol City & Bristol Rovers

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

Location : Wormwood Scrubs awaiting the imminent arrival of Johnson..

PostSubject: Re: Traveling to Wembley.   Traveling to Wembley. EmptyWed May 18, 2016 7:35 am

National Express as of late yesterday still had seats at £49 direct to Wembley. Not Victoria and connect, but straight to Wembley.
I thought it was "specials" but apparently they run all the time
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Traveling to Wembley.   Traveling to Wembley. EmptyWed May 18, 2016 12:37 pm

Lord Biro wrote:
Just checked the Wembley website. Looks good. Even on the east side of the stedium.
Has given me an idea. Pedal for Pints   flower  
Trouble is, the recent  pedal for pints ended in a bit of a disaster at the Mayday obbyoss in Padstow lol!  

Quote :
Wembley Stadium is a bicycle friendly stadium. Bicycle parking is available on street level (B2) in the north east corner of the Stadium (near the Green car park).  

I was witness to you administering first aid at said incident. I may see what price the train is via club first, the car share is getting complicated and I don't do complicated so either drive myself and one other or train. I can't stay with mates like I normally do in the shmoke as ones having a baby and the other is full up with family for another do.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Traveling to Wembley.   Traveling to Wembley. EmptyWed May 18, 2016 1:05 pm

Feckin Robbin GWR! About £200 return via their ticket booking line. Extra capacity for some rich people I think. It's not that I haven't got the money I'd just rather piss it up the wall than spend it on ten hours of train travel. I could fly to Cyprus and back about five times for that, good old privitisation.
Back to top Go down
Dick Trickle

PostSubject: Re: Traveling to Wembley.   Traveling to Wembley. EmptyWed May 18, 2016 1:22 pm

Amsterdamage wrote:
Feckin Robbin GWR! About £200 return via their ticket booking line. Extra capacity for some rich people I think. It's not that I haven't got the money I'd just rather piss it up the wall than spend it on ten hours of train travel. I could fly to Cyprus and back about five times for that, good old privitisation.

It's half that if you book it as two separate journeys:

Plymouth to Bristol Parkway Return
Bristol to London
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Traveling to Wembley.   Traveling to Wembley. EmptyWed May 18, 2016 1:30 pm

try SPLITTICKETING.COM,   it may be some use.

£94.90 at the mo
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Traveling to Wembley.   Traveling to Wembley. EmptyWed May 18, 2016 5:24 pm

Anyone considered flying or even chartering a plane?
Flights from Newquay and Exeter
Back to top Go down
Dane

Dane

PostSubject: Re: Traveling to Wembley.   Traveling to Wembley. EmptyWed May 18, 2016 5:24 pm

We got the train. £260 for 4
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Traveling to Wembley.   Traveling to Wembley. EmptyWed May 18, 2016 5:33 pm

Just looked on flybe and apparently 3 return flights for £62.18 for Exeter to London City Airport.
Early departure and only an hour flight to arrive just after 9am. Train from airport to Wembley stadium about 70mins.
Haven't found return flight time yet so could be a problem.
I think return flight is 20.10
Train fare about £6
Back to top Go down
Chemical Ali

PostSubject: Re: Traveling to Wembley.   Traveling to Wembley. EmptyWed May 18, 2016 6:06 pm

I see people are complaining on Pasoti about the cost of the official coaches (£40), Hull's are £33 (but travel around 60 miles less)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Traveling to Wembley.   Traveling to Wembley. EmptyWed May 18, 2016 6:07 pm

Dane. wrote:
We got the train.  £260 for 4

Where did you book it from? You are going from Plymouth I assume?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Traveling to Wembley.   Traveling to Wembley. EmptyWed May 18, 2016 6:09 pm

Anybody thinking of staying over you could always try airbnb, can be cheap and some good places to stay, a few houseboats in London.
Back to top Go down
Dane

Dane

PostSubject: Re: Traveling to Wembley.   Traveling to Wembley. EmptyWed May 18, 2016 6:51 pm

Amsterdamage wrote:
Dane. wrote:
We got the train.  £260 for 4

Where did you book it from? You are going from Plymouth I assume?

Yeh just Plymouth to Paddington. used a rail card to make it cheaper I think. I didn't actually book it
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Traveling to Wembley.   Traveling to Wembley. Empty

Back to top Go down

Traveling to Wembley.
Page 1 of 5Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next