Argyle Talk Democratic

The ONLY Independent Internet Forum for Argyle Fans
 
HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 
 

 Tory Party at War

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Hugh Watt



Posts : 4661
Join date : 2012-01-08
Location : Over there....

PostSubject: Re: Tory Party at War   Sun Mar 20, 2016 11:02 am

Lord Tisdale wrote:
Les Miserable wrote:
No, I'm a miserable fcuker.

If I ever found myself getting erect over the resignation of a political has been, I'd be sad.

We need a 'like' option.

Franny is a sad feck who has a pork because the Tories are having a bit of a bun fight, he seems to have forgotten that they will have nearly four years to pull themselves together after the referendum and that they only have a terrorist sympathising Commie to beat.
Yes. They're getting all the nasty bits (unpopular cuts, Europe etc) out of the way early doors so that when there's  an election to win everyone will have forgotten about it and only see what a marvellous job the Tories have done.  

It is rather funny watching them tear themselves apart so I'll enjoy it whilst it lasts.
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

avatar

Posts : 6962
Join date : 2011-12-03
Age : 26
Location : Nr Panama

PostSubject: Re: Tory Party at War   Sun Mar 20, 2016 12:14 pm

They're ripping themselves apart as each side tries to win the EU referendum - it'll get real nasty once one side has lost - which it inevitably will.

And then Cameron will stand down and it'll all start up again when they try to elect a new leader.

Tee hee hee.
Back to top Go down
http://sicparvismagna.com
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Tory Party at War   Sun Mar 20, 2016 12:55 pm

Can't see the UK leaving the EU, so Cameron stays
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

avatar

Posts : 6962
Join date : 2011-12-03
Age : 26
Location : Nr Panama

PostSubject: Re: Tory Party at War   Sun Mar 20, 2016 1:02 pm

Cameron has said he'll stand down before the next election.

No matter what happens he's off some time in the next 4 years and he'll have to give the new leader at least a year in charge before the election.
Back to top Go down
http://sicparvismagna.com
Sir Francis Drake

avatar

Posts : 6962
Join date : 2011-12-03
Age : 26
Location : Nr Panama

PostSubject: Re: Tory Party at War   Sun Mar 20, 2016 9:23 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
http://sicparvismagna.com
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Tory Party at War   Sun Mar 20, 2016 11:04 pm

Does No. 10 still have a cat ?
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Tory Party at War   Sun Mar 20, 2016 11:52 pm

It was killed by the spring watch foxes, you can watch it on catch up, talk to your local Tory party to find out what the subscription rates are going to be.
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Tory Party at War   Mon Mar 21, 2016 9:26 am

I can't afford a television 'Amster, I'm busy saving to buy some blood just in case I fall off some scaffold. For every 4 pints I buy, the government will top it up with another pint, but that only kicks in if I buy a house or reach the retirement age of 80.
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Tory Party at War   Mon Mar 21, 2016 9:58 am

lol! I'm not kidding about charging for iplayer, the gov spokesman the other day was outraged that people were able to watch Eastenders a day late for fook all and was also going to outlaw Adblock because businesses pay good money to make web content unwatchable.
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

avatar

Posts : 6962
Join date : 2011-12-03
Age : 26
Location : Nr Panama

PostSubject: Re: Tory Party at War   Mon Mar 21, 2016 10:07 am

That 1 for 4 thing...

It's incredible that anybody could propose such a blatantly unfair policy.

If you are one of those lucky enough to be able to put aside £4000 per year then you are almost certainly one of those earning at least half-decent money to begin with. So far so good. If you can afford to do that then good luck to you..

The kicker is that the government will then match a quarter of that and give you £1000. Out of general taxation or borrowing.

General taxation, or borrowing which they have vowed to cut, to which everybody rich and poor alike contributes.

By a round-a-bout way this is taking from poor and giving it directly to those more wealthy because it most certainly is not going to end up in the pockets of the poorest who will never be able to save £4000 per year.

Which would be bad enough except the higher rate tax payers who also get a nice little tax threshhold increase at the same so it's a nice little double whammy unless they pay CGT too in which case cuts to that make it a triple whammy of wonderfulness.

But there's no money. So some has to be either raised or saved. It is impossible to raise taxes, apparently, so that means cuts. There's been so many cuts virtually all that remains is to cut the money payable to the disabled so they chop away there - in fact the single biggest revenue/spending change, to the tune of £4.5 bn in total, happens there.

The cost of the tax threshhold and CGT changes? £4.5 bn.

The tax breaks are being given to those already earning at a decent level by taking from disabled people. It's that simple.

Which is a variant on what Tories always do and have always done. Usually, though, they're a little less nakedly brazen about it. It's no wonder, is it, that there's widespread revulsion even in their own ranks about the budget which they almost all voted for and which, since they now appear to have scrapped the disability cuts, does not balance even more than it was unbalanced to start with.
Back to top Go down
http://sicparvismagna.com
Rollo Tomasi



Posts : 722
Join date : 2013-04-30

PostSubject: Re: Tory Party at War   Mon Mar 21, 2016 12:14 pm

Les Miserable wrote:
Do you own a semi at present?

Whilst I'm not a fan of this type of comment it does have an element of truth methinks.

This post is the 36th one.

Saint Francis has contributed 16 of them.

The German expression, schadenfreude, more or less covers it.

"The delight in another person's downfall".

How very human.
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

avatar

Posts : 6962
Join date : 2011-12-03
Age : 26
Location : Nr Panama

PostSubject: Re: Tory Party at War   Mon Mar 21, 2016 12:40 pm

If you think the complete collapse of government and every policy on which its shambolic progress has been based iisn't worthy of dicussion that that's up to you but I disagree. You, however, are quite right to observe how quiet our resident Tory boys have been as their faves have crashed and burned for all to see.

In the meantime keep counting my posts, Sonny Jim, and working out the fractions and/or percentages because I ain't about to stop until this little beauty has played out and that could be years hence.

And you're also quite right to observe that I'm enjoying this hugely because the meltdown is happening exactly on back Osborne's economic incompetence which I've done my best to highlight for some time now.

And if any of this upsets you just imagine how those poor unfortunate souls who have lost their homes due to the bedroom tax or who would have lost substantial amounts of their income had their disability benefits been cut might feel. That is if you can stretch beyond a "I'm all right, Jack - sod you" mentally to as far as thinking how others might feel.

They say that the strength and health of a society can be judged on how it treats the weakest members. Well now we know that even IDS (hardly a precious lefty) has said that "all in it together" is a sham and that people on benefits are targeted for cuts because they don't vote Tory. Which can only suggest that this country is very, very weak and unhealthy.

And there is no need, no obligation for it to be thus. These are choices made by a party that always heads the same way - which is why I could never vote for them.

And there's no delight in the downfall of any of the callous individuals concerned, although it is worth noting at this point that messing with Karma has never been wise, because they don't matter one jot - it is the ideology going that'll really bring out the bunting.
Back to top Go down
http://sicparvismagna.com
Rollo Tomasi



Posts : 722
Join date : 2013-04-30

PostSubject: Re: Tory Party at War   Mon Mar 21, 2016 12:57 pm

I happen to agree with much of what you say.

However, I do tire of your sanctimonious and almost evangelical stance.

And the "keep counting my posts, sonny Jim" is so typical of your patronising tone.

You never did answer my ' cut the rope or not' question?
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

avatar

Posts : 6962
Join date : 2011-12-03
Age : 26
Location : Nr Panama

PostSubject: Re: Tory Party at War   Mon Mar 21, 2016 1:47 pm

Never mind, eh.

Oh! And a capital "S" for "Sonny" if you don't mind.

Or would you prefer me to edit and put "sunny"?



Last edited by Sir Francis Drake on Mon Mar 21, 2016 1:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://sicparvismagna.com
Les Miserable

avatar

Posts : 5400
Join date : 2014-03-30

PostSubject: Re: Tory Party at War   Mon Mar 21, 2016 1:56 pm

Rollo Tomasi wrote:
Les Miserable wrote:
Do you own a semi at present?

Whilst I'm not a fan of this type of comment it does have an element of truth methinks.

This post is the 36th one.

Saint Francis has contributed 16 of them.

The German expression, schadenfreude, more or less covers it.

"The delight in another person's downfall".

How very human.


Massive apologies if I ruffled your puritan sensitivities Roly.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

avatar

Posts : 6962
Join date : 2011-12-03
Age : 26
Location : Nr Panama

PostSubject: Re: Tory Party at War   Mon Mar 21, 2016 2:00 pm

Another unfunny knob gag! LOL.

You are going meta here on purpose, I hope?

Bravo, sir, I salute you!
Back to top Go down
http://sicparvismagna.com
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Tory Party at War   Mon Mar 21, 2016 2:02 pm

Don't fret Frank. Rollo gets off on one now and again.
As for schadenfreude, perleeeeeease.
What's wrong with jumping up and down at the death of Hitler for instance, what exactly is wrong in taking pleasure out of one of Argyle's competitors losing ? And in the real world, there will be hundreds of thousands of disabled folk celebrating at the Tory disarray. I'm delighted to see some of their nasty shite coming out. It's usually kept well under group wraps for fear of losing their privilege.
Sounds like you spent too much time being suckered by Freud, Rollo. I suppose you're a big believer in one of Freud's very own knob jokes, penis envy, as well. Nothing more than age old sexism. The guy was one of hundreds of psychoanalytical researchers, who many, including myself, think was way off beam in many areas. Probably all those drugs he got up to..
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

avatar

Posts : 5400
Join date : 2014-03-30

PostSubject: Re: Tory Party at War   Mon Mar 21, 2016 2:11 pm

If we're going to start judging posters on how funny they are Frank you're in trouble.
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

avatar

Posts : 6962
Join date : 2011-12-03
Age : 26
Location : Nr Panama

PostSubject: Re: Tory Party at War   Mon Mar 21, 2016 2:27 pm

Plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose, mon ami.
Back to top Go down
http://sicparvismagna.com
Les Miserable

avatar

Posts : 5400
Join date : 2014-03-30

PostSubject: Re: Tory Party at War   Mon Mar 21, 2016 2:34 pm

Ifo youro auntyo hado bollockso she'do beo youro uncleo, que.
Back to top Go down
Rollo Tomasi



Posts : 722
Join date : 2013-04-30

PostSubject: Re: Tory Party at War   Mon Mar 21, 2016 2:43 pm

This is why I don't do Twitter, Facebook, etc.

It's not remotely funny or witty.

In fact it's more Up Pompeii meets Julian Clary.

I don't lose any sleep over it. It's just crap.
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

avatar

Posts : 6962
Join date : 2011-12-03
Age : 26
Location : Nr Panama

PostSubject: Re: Tory Party at War   Mon Mar 21, 2016 2:57 pm

Osborne summoned to the house to answer an urgent question.

Doesn't go and sends an erk in his place.

Not only chicken shit incompetence but chicken in personality too. He's getting more like a kipper (smoked, two-faced, gutless and spineless) by the moment.

Mind you this is all a bit like Back To The Future where Biff always gets covered in manure no matter what happens in the build up.

All he can do is quit but he's too dim to realise it.
Back to top Go down
http://sicparvismagna.com
Les Miserable

avatar

Posts : 5400
Join date : 2014-03-30

PostSubject: Re: Tory Party at War   Mon Mar 21, 2016 3:23 pm

Rollo Tomasi wrote:
This is why I don't do Twitter, Facebook, etc.

It's not remotely funny or witty.

In fact it's more Up Pompeii meets Julian Clary.

I don't lose any sleep over it. It's just crap.


Roly, this is a two bit football forum. Some of us are highly intelligent Very Happy   while others are as thick as pigshit, that's just fine, again, it's a football forum. If you're expecting top end, high brow debate all of the time you're probs gonna end up disappointed. Ffs lighten up.
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

avatar

Posts : 6962
Join date : 2011-12-03
Age : 26
Location : Nr Panama

PostSubject: Re: Tory Party at War   Mon Mar 21, 2016 8:36 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
http://sicparvismagna.com
Sir Francis Drake

avatar

Posts : 6962
Join date : 2011-12-03
Age : 26
Location : Nr Panama

PostSubject: Re: Tory Party at War   Mon Mar 21, 2016 8:45 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
http://sicparvismagna.com
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Tory Party at War   

Back to top Go down
 
Tory Party at War
Back to top 
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Argyle Talk Democratic  :: Home Park :: Half Time-
Jump to: