Hugh Midde
Earwegoagain
22 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 20 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

Tory Party Corruption  Empty
PostSubject: Tory Party Corruption    Tory Party Corruption  EmptyTue Jul 13, 2021 10:34 am

The Financial Times reports that David Cameron was paid a salary of nearly £750,000 by the collapsed finance company, Greensill Capital. The paper says the former prime minister was contracted to work 25 days a year as an adviser to the board, meaning he earned the equivalent of more than £28,000 a day. The FT says a spokesman for Mr Cameron declined to comment.

Not corruption but it should be whilst people are earning about £8/hr.
Back to top Go down
Hugh Midde

Hugh Midde

PostSubject: Re: Tory Party Corruption    Tory Party Corruption  EmptyTue Jul 13, 2021 4:12 pm

harvetheslayer wrote:
Just outright sleaze and the ATD fanboys know it

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

And the cost to you and I was zilch..................Meawhile it was open your wallet me hearties for this little caper.....

Back to top Go down
PlymptonPilgrim
Admin
PlymptonPilgrim

PostSubject: Re: Tory Party Corruption    Tory Party Corruption  EmptyTue Jul 13, 2021 6:04 pm

Greenskin wrote:
PlymptonPilgrim wrote:
Spot on if you're a headmaster or a parent talking to their naughty 6 year old. What he should be saying is that those responsible should be traced by the police and prosecuted for hate crimes. But he won't say that because he doesn't give a flying one.

It is a sad indictment on our country that these things happen, and are happening more and more, but when you have an intolerant, racist, bigoted and divided society, as has developed over the last 5 years, led, amongst others, by our current leader, it really is no surprise.

There were also attacks on German cars, German companies, anything German in fact. That element has always been there which included the monkey noises and bananas aimed at black players for many years after they first started appearing in English football and certainly has not been affected by British membership or non membership of the EU which presumably the reference to the last 5 years would imply. Riots in Dublin? Heysel? The consistently atrocious behaviour of British fans abroad in the 1980's and 1990's? They all happened during British membership of the EU-it would seem to be ignoring the deeper rooted issues of chronic bigotry and prejudice to suggest that Britain's withdrawal from that organisation is in any way relevant to the appalling and embarrassing behaviour of a minority. In fact, in my own experience the most divisive factor in recent times has been the onset of BLM and white privilege theories which seem to thrive on the implication that Britain is a country teeming with malevolent bigots rather than seeing it as one of the most racially tolerant societies in the world for all it's undoubted faults.

Not so much as leaving the EU - that's over and done with, catastrophically stupid though it was, more the way Johnson, Farage and their ilk, demonised the EU, and indeed those that wanted to remain, which, let's not forget was some 48% of the electorate. That demonisation carries on today largely because the Government, having signed a deal, now want to change the terms and then berate the EU for being unreasonable. It carries on here, I and others have been termed remainer scum, simply because I have a different opinion to the Brexiteers.

Not only that, but the Tories 'culture war' is now demonising ordinary people who dare to speak out about racism, because in the Tory view, it doesn't exist and never has, we shouldn't talk about slavery and colonial oppression, and anyone who does isn't really British and should be ashamed of themselves. This is the Johnson/Trump politics - divide the nation but make sure just enough are on your side to win the an election, and let the foot soldiers spew their hatred against those who have a different view.

That's the difference between now and back then. It's a manufactured division designed to cause dissent in the country to maintain a party in power.
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: Tory Party Corruption    Tory Party Corruption  EmptyTue Jul 13, 2021 8:05 pm

PlymptonPilgrim wrote:
Greenskin wrote:
PlymptonPilgrim wrote:
Spot on if you're a headmaster or a parent talking to their naughty 6 year old. What he should be saying is that those responsible should be traced by the police and prosecuted for hate crimes. But he won't say that because he doesn't give a flying one.

It is a sad indictment on our country that these things happen, and are happening more and more, but when you have an intolerant, racist, bigoted and divided society, as has developed over the last 5 years, led, amongst others, by our current leader, it really is no surprise.

There were also attacks on German cars, German companies, anything German in fact. That element has always been there which included the monkey noises and bananas aimed at black players for many years after they first started appearing in English football and certainly has not been affected by British membership or non membership of the EU which presumably the reference to the last 5 years would imply. Riots in Dublin? Heysel? The consistently atrocious behaviour of British fans abroad in the 1980's and 1990's? They all happened during British membership of the EU-it would seem to be ignoring the deeper rooted issues of chronic bigotry and prejudice to suggest that Britain's withdrawal from that organisation is in any way relevant to the appalling and embarrassing behaviour of a minority. In fact, in my own experience the most divisive factor in recent times has been the onset of BLM and white privilege theories which seem to thrive on the implication that Britain is a country teeming with malevolent bigots rather than seeing it as one of the most racially tolerant societies in the world for all it's undoubted faults.

Not so much as leaving the EU - that's over and done with, catastrophically stupid though it was, more the way Johnson, Farage and their ilk, demonised the EU, and indeed those that wanted to remain, which, let's not forget was some 48% of the electorate. That demonisation carries on today largely because the Government, having signed a deal, now want to change the terms and then berate the EU for being unreasonable. It carries on here, I and others have been termed remainer scum, simply because I have a different opinion to the Brexiteers.

Not only that, but the Tories 'culture war' is now demonising ordinary people who dare to speak out about racism, because in the Tory view, it doesn't exist and never has, we shouldn't talk about slavery and colonial oppression, and anyone who does isn't really British and should be ashamed of themselves. This is the Johnson/Trump politics - divide the nation but make sure just enough are on your side to win the an election, and let the foot soldiers spew their hatred against those who have a different view.

That's the difference between now and back then. It's a manufactured division designed to cause dissent in the country to maintain a party in power.

Worked both ways though Garry. The pro remainer websites, blogsites, twitter etc are full of terms such as gammon, swivel eyed loons, fascist bigots and all the rest of it although i would agree that the debate on both sides was dreadful for the most part.

Just one point on the Johnson encourages racial divide supposition-why exactly would he, as an implied racist, have people of obvious asian/african extraction occupying two of the major offices of state as well as others in key positions such as health and business secretaries?
Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Tory Party Corruption    Tory Party Corruption  EmptyTue Jul 13, 2021 8:36 pm

"Met Chief Constable Cressida Dick" lol
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Tory Party Corruption    Tory Party Corruption  EmptyTue Jul 13, 2021 8:44 pm

Cressida Dick is the epitome of politically correct box ticking wokeness
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Tory Party Corruption    Tory Party Corruption  EmptyTue Jul 13, 2021 8:52 pm

Graiser wrote:
Cressida Dick is the epitome of politically correct box ticking wokeness

Cressida doesn’t like Dick.
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: Tory Party Corruption    Tory Party Corruption  EmptyTue Jul 13, 2021 8:55 pm

She hates people from Brazil!

PepsiPete Forecasting League Champion 2016-17

He was behind me at Charlton!  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Now an officially semi retired old fart! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Tory Party Corruption    Tory Party Corruption  EmptyWed Jul 14, 2021 6:05 am

And now she’s been made a Dame, FFS !!
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

Location : Wormwood Scrubs awaiting the imminent arrival of Johnson..

PostSubject: Re: Tory Party Corruption    Tory Party Corruption  EmptyWed Jul 14, 2021 6:30 am

Both Theresa May and John Major savaged the Government yesterday

Is the penny dropping for the likes of Graiser and Mouldy yet

John Major: "It seems that we can afford a “national yacht” that no-one either wants or needs, whilst cutting help to some of the most miserable and destitute people in the world.
This is not a Conservatism that I recognise. It is the stamp of Little England, not Great Britain"

Let me know when it drops.......
Back to top Go down
Lord Melbury

PostSubject: Re: Tory Party Corruption    Tory Party Corruption  EmptyWed Jul 14, 2021 7:35 am

harvetheslayer wrote:
Vociferous remainers Theresa May and John Major savaged the Government yesterday

The penny dropped years ago Harve. Same old theme running through all your comments or links, regardless what the original post is about.
Back to top Go down
Dog Bone Malone

Dog Bone Malone

PostSubject: Re: Tory Party Corruption    Tory Party Corruption  EmptyWed Jul 14, 2021 8:00 am

harvetheslayer wrote:

John Major: "It seems that we can afford a “national yacht” that no-one either wants or needs, whilst cutting help to some of the most miserable and destitute people in the world.
This is not a Conservatism that I recognise. It is the stamp of Little England, not Great Britain"

The FA we send to despot regimes and corrupt governments, and countries in the space race does feck all for real needy of those nations, Harve. Boxes of AK47's and palatial homes seem far important than bags of grain and wheat. It's all about business deals and sweetners.

We have to borrow the money to send the money! How does that even make sense? Seeing as many view this country wallowing in abject poverty, these countries should be sending aid to us?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Tory Party Corruption    Tory Party Corruption  EmptyWed Jul 14, 2021 8:27 am

POI wrote:
harvetheslayer wrote:

The FA we send to despot regimes and corrupt governments, and countries in the space race does feck all for real needy of those nations, Harve. Boxes of AK47's and palatial homes seem far important than bags of grain and wheat. It's all about business deals and sweetners.

We have to borrow the money to send the money! How does that even make sense? Seeing as many view this country wallowing in abject poverty, these countries should be sending aid to us?

Unfortunately I had to read Harves latest bollox, to refer to Theresa May who was recently voted the worse PM ever and John Major of all people
“ After this election, however, his fortunes began to change. Five months into the new parliament, John Major was forced to abandon a leading part of his economic policy: membership of the Exchange Rate Mechanism. Intended to keep inflation low by linking exchange rates to the Deutschmark, the markets forced the UK out after government spent billions trying to buck the market.
At the same time a fresh round of conflict began within his own party over Europe. He secured a number of opt-outs from the Maastricht Treaty regarding social policy and membership of the single currency – but this was not enough for a number of his colleagues. Throughout the rest of his time as Prime Minister, he suffered from continued attacks from his own party and Cabinet on Europe, which played a role in destabilising the government
In addition to this, the Major government was the subject of a number of press stories about infidelity and poor moral behaviour both within the Cabinet and wider party. The label of ‘Tory sleaze’ stuck and lost John Major’s government further credibility. “

Mind numbing from Harve —again
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Tory Party Corruption    Tory Party Corruption  EmptyWed Jul 14, 2021 9:32 am

The Major government was a continuation of Yes Minister and Yes Prime Minister the bloke was a joke. Spitting image had him spot on.
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

PostSubject: Re: Tory Party Corruption    Tory Party Corruption  EmptyWed Jul 14, 2021 2:39 pm

How low this Country has sunk. I saw the story yesterday but didnt put two and two together either
Thats now official rather than *update*

How bad does it need to get when footballers are now running the Country. Johnson was utterly pathetic at PMQs

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Tory Party Corruption    Tory Party Corruption  EmptyWed Jul 14, 2021 2:50 pm

Footballers running the country? Lol.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Tory Party Corruption    Tory Party Corruption  EmptyWed Jul 14, 2021 3:01 pm

harvetheslayer wrote:
How low this Country has sunk. I saw the story yesterday but didnt put two and two together either

How bad does it need to get when footballers are now running the Country. Johnson was utterly pathetic at PMQs

After a quick fact check I'm going to call you out yet again. Just Google the story you are putting up there and you won't find anything to corroborate what you've said. You really cant just accept things on Facebook or twitter just because someone has paosted something that you want to believe, I mean who da feck is Nick Tolhurst anyway? Let me guess hes another of your Remainer mates? Here is the only story I could find on the first page of Google search,

"England’s Euro 2020 team are set to be toasted at a reception with the country’s leaders to celebrate their first tournament final in 55 years, i understands.

There are plans in Whitehall to host Gareth Southgate and his squad for a reception at either Downing Street or a royal venue.

But there will be no bus tour for Harry Kane and the team after their defeat on penalties to Italy because Covid rules, which would make it difficult, do not lift until July 19, when players are likely to be on holiday."

Must try harder Harve.
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

PostSubject: Re: Tory Party Corruption    Tory Party Corruption  EmptyWed Jul 14, 2021 3:31 pm

...........and this is why the vile pig couldn't apologise at PMQs

The Telegraph 10th January 2002

Back to top Go down
Hugh Midde

Hugh Midde

PostSubject: Re: Tory Party Corruption    Tory Party Corruption  EmptyWed Jul 14, 2021 3:50 pm

[quote="POI"]
harvetheslayer wrote:

Exactly right! Even now we've built up such a debt that even our children's children will struggle to pay it off. These sphincters are passing a nightmare scenario to the yet unborn.
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

PostSubject: Re: Tory Party Corruption    Tory Party Corruption  EmptyWed Jul 14, 2021 4:07 pm

I missed Ian Blackford at PMQs but just catching up.....

Johnson absolutely brutalised. Flustering in the wind caught like a rabbit in the headlights......Could a football team actually bring Johnson down !

Keir Starmer watch how its done and learn please

Back to top Go down
Hugh Midde

Hugh Midde

PostSubject: Re: Tory Party Corruption    Tory Party Corruption  EmptyWed Jul 14, 2021 4:53 pm

PlymptonPilgrim wrote:

That's your opinion - but then again your pro-EU genie popped out of the bottle ages ago. October time finds many of us are checking anti-freeze levels and buying cans of windscreen de-icer while previously you winged it somewhere adjacent to Spain's mediterranean coastline where you'd hibernate until the sun climbed sufficiently high in Devon's April sky before returning. In truth I have no problem with that lifestyle Mr PP although it's not for me - much prefer staying close to the family. This EU that started life as the EEC and is a growing menace what France & Germany gaining more and more of a stranglehold and when the top jobs are dished out. when the Most Reverend Tony Blair tried to join them at the top table he suffered the humiliation of being gruffly told it wouldn't be happening by French President Chirac. And then you have Brussels ordering cheating German car makers to pay damages only to suddenly wiped the slate clean and then to increase the amount the UK is supposed to owe them. It's not only bleeding crazy it stinks to high heaven.

Demonizing the EU? Has everyone missed what Brussels is "still" trying to do to the Swiss?? After hundreds of years of quietly going about their own independent business the Swiss have suddenly been told that they "must" kowtow to Brussels' pet judges at the 'European Court of Justice' or they'll throw the electricity switches. Either you've missed that or chose to ignore it. Coming to slavery: in those far off days when Britain was sadly involved (before 1802?) you could say that many countries were also at it - but that still doesn't make that right. However, a long way behind us was the USA 1865, France 1848 and Spain 1811. Were it possible to communicate with such people, I often wondered if the long departed Inca, Aztec or Mayan people would have found life easier under the British rather than that of the Spanish? Spanish brutality certainly went on longer if you take in account the punishment meted out to the Catalans by the Police and which was quietly ignored by the EU.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Tory Party Corruption    Tory Party Corruption  EmptyWed Jul 14, 2021 5:01 pm

Earwegoagain wrote:
harvetheslayer wrote:

After a quick fact check I'm going to call you out yet again. Just Google the story you are putting up there and you won't find anything to corroborate what you've said. You really cant just accept things on Facebook or twitter just because someone has paosted something that you want to believe, I mean who da feck is Nick Tolhurst anyway? Let me guess hes another of your Remainer mates? Here is the only story I could find on the first page of Google search,

"England’s Euro 2020 team are set to be toasted at a reception with the country’s leaders to celebrate their first tournament final in 55 years, i understands.

There are plans in Whitehall to host Gareth Southgate and his squad for a reception at either Downing Street or a royal venue.

But there will be no bus tour for Harry Kane and the team after their defeat on penalties to Italy because Covid rules, which would make it difficult, do not lift until July 19, when players are likely to be on holiday."

Must try harder Harve.

Bump.
Back to top Go down
Hugh Midde

Hugh Midde

PostSubject: Re: Tory Party Corruption    Tory Party Corruption  EmptyWed Jul 14, 2021 5:02 pm

harvetheslayer wrote:
I missed Ian Blackford at PMQs but just catching up.....

Shame...
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Tory Party Corruption    Tory Party Corruption  EmptyThu Jul 15, 2021 1:07 pm

So has Bojo been dragged away in Chains by Southgate and the England squad yet?
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

PostSubject: Re: Tory Party Corruption    Tory Party Corruption  EmptyThu Jul 15, 2021 1:34 pm

Finally senior jourmalists brutally ragging Johnson
Well done Beth Rigby of Sky lets hope the senile and complicit BBC follow suit

Utterly trashed Johnson

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tory Party Corruption    Tory Party Corruption  Empty

Back to top Go down

Tory Party Corruption
Page 1 of 40Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 20 ... 40  Next