sufferedsince 68
Sir Francis Drake
Tgwu
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
devonportlad

Plymouth Argyle v Mansfield Town match day thread - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle v Mansfield Town match day thread   Plymouth Argyle v Mansfield Town match day thread - Page 3 EmptySat Feb 13, 2016 7:59 pm

For a City fan lord tis does give me a giggle once and a while.

Top performance from the boys today (y)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle v Mansfield Town match day thread   Plymouth Argyle v Mansfield Town match day thread - Page 3 EmptySat Feb 13, 2016 8:25 pm

Methinks the Exeter bloke is in schmoozing mode.
Good strong management from Adams. Very happy for Brunt getting the reward for his discipline and effort.

What a difference when Carey returns to the fold fully fit.
Get your cheque book out Jimmy. Trust Adams to get a deal that's fair to all concerned.
Back to top Go down
Lord Tisdale

Lord Tisdale

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle v Mansfield Town match day thread   Plymouth Argyle v Mansfield Town match day thread - Page 3 EmptySat Feb 13, 2016 10:36 pm

Well for all the talk of a Barca like performance on here that was three pretty ordinary pieces of defending for your goals.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle v Mansfield Town match day thread   Plymouth Argyle v Mansfield Town match day thread - Page 3 EmptySat Feb 13, 2016 10:49 pm

I suppose you gained your nil points with total aplomb, grace and skill?
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

Location : Wormwood Scrubs awaiting the imminent arrival of Johnson..

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle v Mansfield Town match day thread   Plymouth Argyle v Mansfield Town match day thread - Page 3 EmptySun Feb 14, 2016 12:23 am

Was dreading opening Argo website to find out the score here this morning but delighted with that. Seems the performance itself was top notch as well. Ours to throw away now
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle v Mansfield Town match day thread   Plymouth Argyle v Mansfield Town match day thread - Page 3 EmptySun Feb 14, 2016 8:34 am

Lord Tisdale wrote:
Well for all the talk of a Barca like performance on here that was three pretty ordinary pieces of defending for your goals.

This ain't Pasoti, Tis. We don't sugar coat no shit. Even you should accept that if we weren't good, that would be reflected in people's posts on ATD. If anything, Argyle need to be 'excellent' before it's accepted on here that we were 'decent'.

Adams made three big changes and we then took apart the supposed form team in the league. Meanwhile for all the lucky cash windfalls your mob have had, you limp towards a nothing finish and are still in the bottom half of division 4. I expect Tisdale has trousered some nice bonuses from all that extra income, mind.

Back to top Go down
Charlie Wood

Charlie Wood

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle v Mansfield Town match day thread   Plymouth Argyle v Mansfield Town match day thread - Page 3 EmptySun Feb 14, 2016 11:17 am

At last...after having to post depressingly negative thoughts about all my previous forays to HP this season what a delight to see a decent performance. The pace of the play was the outstanding difference from what I'd seen previously.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle v Mansfield Town match day thread   Plymouth Argyle v Mansfield Town match day thread - Page 3 EmptySun Feb 14, 2016 11:29 am

Sounds like there's been some rockets fired up some arses and we sound the better for it. In management I'm all for the carrot method but the stick does need hanging on the wall in full view.
Back to top Go down
PlymptonPilgrim
Admin
PlymptonPilgrim

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle v Mansfield Town match day thread   Plymouth Argyle v Mansfield Town match day thread - Page 3 EmptySun Feb 14, 2016 11:49 am

Good win. 3 - 0 always sounds one of the most convincing score lines. Nice to show decent form at home again. Pleased that Forster played, hopefully the defence looked more solid with him there?

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle v Mansfield Town match day thread   Plymouth Argyle v Mansfield Town match day thread - Page 3 EmptySun Feb 14, 2016 12:06 pm

PlymptonPilgrim wrote:
Good win. 3 - 0 always sounds one of the most convincing score lines. Nice to show decent form at home again. Pleased that Forster played, hopefully the defence looked more solid with him there?

they still made a few errors at times but Forster was very good yesterday, certainly more comfortable at rightback in this formation we are playing than Mellor. Plus he can get forward too which is a plus.
Back to top Go down
RegGreen

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle v Mansfield Town match day thread   Plymouth Argyle v Mansfield Town match day thread - Page 3 EmptyMon Feb 15, 2016 9:07 am

They played well been saying it for few weeks now about Reid when he plays the only tactic is just lump up to him with no avail..but with brunt up front they seem to found the right balance and there passing game is better..the last 2games with Reid up front they were dreadful and brunty didnt deserve to be dropped in the first place but give it to del bhey i think his learnt his mistake and had the bollocks and do a u turn and drop Reid & put brunt back in
Well done Del bhey
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle v Mansfield Town match day thread   Plymouth Argyle v Mansfield Town match day thread - Page 3 EmptyMon Feb 15, 2016 10:02 am

We all went home Saturday with smiles on our faces, very please with the football we played. I thought Mansfield were trying to do a Wycombe until we scored. Mansfield just relied on their set pieces.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle v Mansfield Town match day thread   Plymouth Argyle v Mansfield Town match day thread - Page 3 EmptyMon Feb 15, 2016 10:31 am

RegGreen wrote:
They played well been saying it for few weeks now about Reid when he plays the only tactic is just lump up to him with no avail..but with brunt up front they seem to found the right balance and there passing game is better..the last 2games with Reid up front they were dreadful and brunty didnt deserve to be dropped in the first place but give it to del bhey i think his learnt his mistake and had the bollocks and do a u turn and drop Reid & put brunt back in
Well done Del bhey

When Reid and Brunt are both at the top of their game, Reid gets in every time. But quite simply Reid either ain't fit (again) or he's horribly off form (again). So Brunt quite rightly gets the nod.

He fully deserves to keep it too after Saturday.
Back to top Go down
Lord Tisdale

Lord Tisdale

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle v Mansfield Town match day thread   Plymouth Argyle v Mansfield Town match day thread - Page 3 EmptyMon Feb 15, 2016 1:43 pm

Czarcasm wrote:
Lord Tisdale wrote:

This ain't Pasoti, Tis. We don't sugar coat no shit.  Even you should accept that if we weren't good, that would be reflected in people's posts on ATD. If anything, Argyle need to be 'excellent' before it's accepted on here that we were 'decent'.

Adams made three big changes and we then took apart the supposed form team in the league. Meanwhile for all the lucky cash windfalls your mob have had, you limp towards a nothing finish and are still in the bottom half of division 4. I expect Tisdale has trousered some nice bonuses from all that extra income, mind.

Not sayin' nuffin, all I'm saying is that you boys don't seem to create goals at all, you just get scrambles from defensive mistakes and deflections, yer basic spawny feckers is what you is.

Methinks a very moderate spawny performance against some proper 4th div gash has been talked up a tad, that's all.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle v Mansfield Town match day thread   Plymouth Argyle v Mansfield Town match day thread - Page 3 EmptyMon Feb 15, 2016 2:45 pm

The league table never lies Tis.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle v Mansfield Town match day thread   Plymouth Argyle v Mansfield Town match day thread - Page 3 EmptyMon Feb 15, 2016 3:56 pm

It's probably slowly dawned on Lord Tis and his six toed chums that there's a fair chance we could be having our promotion party at Sid James Park...how sweet would that be.
Back to top Go down
Lord Tisdale

Lord Tisdale

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle v Mansfield Town match day thread   Plymouth Argyle v Mansfield Town match day thread - Page 3 EmptyMon Feb 15, 2016 4:55 pm

Homeslice wrote:
It's probably slowly dawned on Lord Tis and his six toed chums that there's a fair chance we could be having our promotion party at Sid James Park...how sweet would that be.

Perhaps we could then have a reprise of your "we'll never play you again" song, how did that work out for you last time?
Back to top Go down
Lord Tisdale

Lord Tisdale

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle v Mansfield Town match day thread   Plymouth Argyle v Mansfield Town match day thread - Page 3 EmptyMon Feb 15, 2016 5:01 pm

Amsterdamage wrote:
The league table never lies Tis.

Something I have been telling you boys for a good couple, three or four seasons prior to the last one.

You've no doubt had a good run, I believe I did give you credit for that, if somewhat grudgingly, it's just that I really do feel there is a better than decent chance of at least another two of the sides involved catching and passing you and there is a slightly better than remote chance of us sneaking into that 7th spot, just the opportunity to have a shot at fecking you over in the play offs would be so much sweeter than when we did the Turks, it could be a lifetime of supporting City defining moment, sweet to the nth degree.
Back to top Go down
AstiSpumante

AstiSpumante

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle v Mansfield Town match day thread   Plymouth Argyle v Mansfield Town match day thread - Page 3 EmptyMon Feb 15, 2016 5:12 pm

Very sad, aim higher FFS.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle v Mansfield Town match day thread   Plymouth Argyle v Mansfield Town match day thread - Page 3 EmptyMon Feb 15, 2016 6:42 pm

Lord Tisdale wrote:
Czarcasm wrote:
Lord Tisdale wrote:

This ain't Pasoti, Tis. We don't sugar coat no shit.  Even you should accept that if we weren't good, that would be reflected in people's posts on ATD. If anything, Argyle need to be 'excellent' before it's accepted on here that we were 'decent'.

Not sayin' nuffin, all I'm saying is that you boys don't seem to create goals at all, you just get scrambles from defensive mistakes and deflections, yer basic spawny feckers is what you is.

Methinks a very moderate spawny performance against some proper 4th div gash has been talked up a tad, that's all.

You dress it up how you like pal, our goals scored is comparable with the top 7 and GD is excellent, how's yours ?
So now Mansfield are a gash outfit, who are above your lot in the league.
I'm sure It'll most amusing to read your assessment of your own outfit, so if you can post it I would be eternally grateful as I've had a shit day and I could do with a laugh
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle v Mansfield Town match day thread   Plymouth Argyle v Mansfield Town match day thread - Page 3 EmptyTue Feb 16, 2016 8:58 am

Lord Tisdale wrote:
Homeslice wrote:

Perhaps we could then have a reprise of your "we'll never play you again" song, how did that work out for you last time?

We didn't play you for going on 8 years! lol!
Back to top Go down
Lord Tisdale

Lord Tisdale

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle v Mansfield Town match day thread   Plymouth Argyle v Mansfield Town match day thread - Page 3 EmptyTue Feb 16, 2016 3:45 pm

Hugh Watt wrote:
Lord Tisdale wrote:
Homeslice wrote:

Summat about the word "never" you didn't understand then?

You had eight years of ripping off everybody including the St.John Ambulance and getting your club fecked over, we had eight years of putting our club right.

Way to go Gargs.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle v Mansfield Town match day thread   Plymouth Argyle v Mansfield Town match day thread - Page 3 EmptyTue Feb 16, 2016 4:38 pm

Yeh but we've got Jimmy and I trust him. jocolor geek
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle v Mansfield Town match day thread   Plymouth Argyle v Mansfield Town match day thread - Page 3 EmptyTue Feb 16, 2016 4:48 pm

Lord Tisdale wrote:
Hugh Watt wrote:
Lord Tisdale wrote:
Homeslice wrote:

You had eight years of ripping off everybody including the St.John Ambulance and getting your club fecked over, we had eight years of putting our club right.

Way to go Gargs.

None of us ripped anybody off.

And those who did are long gone.

We've got holier than thou Jimmy now and everything's cool.
Back to top Go down
http://sicparvismagna.com

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle v Mansfield Town match day thread   Plymouth Argyle v Mansfield Town match day thread - Page 3 EmptyTue Feb 16, 2016 6:53 pm

Lord Tisdale wrote:
Hugh Watt wrote:
Lord Tisdale wrote:
Homeslice wrote:

Way to go Gargs.

Remember the fans and small business creditors are always the innocents in circumstances as these, we rely on our boards to run our clubs as I assume you did.
I don't recall anybody on Argyles board being jailed for fraud, although we would have liked to have strung a few up!

So while your having your bit of fun trying to wind everybody up on ATD, (which is really a waste of time, try PASOTi, you may get a result there) lest you forget your own dalliance with the law, I'm sure you won't object to a timely reminder of it

"The pleas of guilty to fraudulent trading by John Russell and Mike Lewis, who took over Exeter City in May 2002 and left a year later with the club on the brink of ruin, seemed last week to provide appropriate final words on a grimy period.

Russell had a criminal conviction when he arrived at St James Park, having in March 1999 received a 15-month prison sentence, suspended for two years, after pleading guilty at Leeds Crown Court to two counts of obtaining services by deception in a £180,000 hire-purchase fraud.

Both men had football form, too. Russell had been the owner and chairman of Scarborough from March 1994 to 2000; he resigned following relegation to the Conference and left the club insolvent, owing creditors £1.25m. Lewis, after a career in clubs' commercial departments, had latterly been at Swansea City, where a brief tenure as managing director ended in what he described as "complete disaster". Swansea's owners handed Lewis the loss-making club, he sold the shares for £1 to Tony Petty, an English ex-pat based in Australia, and the club ended up insolvent with debts of £1.7m. Swansea fans were so incensed that for a time Lewis feared for his safety.

Soon after, Lewis teamed up with Russell to find another club, so they went to Exeter, another club in trouble. The Grecians were losing money, piling up debts; the majority owner and chairman, local jeweller Ivor Doble, was 77 and had loaned the club £483,000. Desperate for a solution, he did a deal to give Russell and Lewis control.

Russell pleaded guilty to a further criminal offence, obtaining a pecuniary advantage by deception, the charge that when he took over he "Dishonestly obtained for himself . . . membership of the board of directors of Exeter City AFC by deception, namely by falsely representing that he had substantial funds to introduce to the club."

The pair had no substantial funds to invest. Their first major move was to appoint as Russell's co-chairman Uri Geller
There were delays paying the charities and bills went unpaid, including from the company which produced the concert programmes, who instructed bailiffs.
The builders, Mowlem, grew restive about £700,000 owed for two stands opened in 2001. When Russell and Lewis arrived, they said they would take no salaries, but after a while they admitted the club was paying their "accommodation and general expenses".

One of their economies was to stop employing NatWest Bank employees to count the gate money at matches and to dispense with the services of Securicor to take it away.
After that, they would either take the cash away in their cars or leave it in the club's safe over the weekend, then bank it themselves later.

In April 2003, the FA's financial advisory unit produced a report which concluded that the club was failing to meet its debts and should seek advice from an insolvency practitioner.
The FAU strongly recommended that a security firm be employed to bank gate money, and criticised the failure to hold regular board meetings.
The six directors other than Russell and Lewis described the report as "deeply disturbing" and resigned.

Russell and Lewis said they were working "24/7" and would "battle on", but on May 14 2003, with City relegated to the Conference, Devon & Cornwall Police raided St James Park and arrested Russell, his wife Gillian and Lewis.
Their homes were also searched. Last week the police revealed that "a number of complaints" had been made and "it was alleged that Russell and Lewis had committed a number of offences" during their time in charge. Uri Geller told me he was one of the people who reported his concerns to the police.

"I cannot add any more on legal advice," he said, "but it was a very unfortunate situation."

The Grecians, £3.2m in debt by then, came perilously close to collapse. Russell and Lewis's year in control left a trail of creditors grimly familiar at other clubs: local and national businesses, the ambulance service, electricity, water and phone companies.
Almost £450,000 was owed in tax and VAT; £66,066 was owed to the local university. The £13,414.59 outstanding to Devon & Cornwall Police for match duties cannot have generated much sympathy at HQ.

The police investigation continued, hampered, the officer in charge, Detective Mark Sandford, by a lack of "the most basic financial records".
Police had been unable even to determine how much money had gone through.
Finally, Russell and Lewis were charged with four offences and Gillian Russell with two, at the beginning of the trial, Russell and Lewis pleaded guilty to the charge that they were "Knowingly party to the carrying on of the business of Exeter City with intent to defraud its creditors".

Russell pleaded guilty to the further charge of obtaining a pecuniary advantage by deception.
Other charges, of conspiracy to defraud, were left to lie on the file.
The prosecution accepted not guilty pleas from Gillian Russell to theft and false accounting.

Many people still do not realise how close the club came to folding. Russell and Lewis went shopping for a football club and landed on Exeter. "

So jog on knob
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle v Mansfield Town match day thread   Plymouth Argyle v Mansfield Town match day thread - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Plymouth Argyle v Mansfield Town match day thread
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next