RegGreen
Freathy
Tgwu
13 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Tgwu

Mansfield Town V Plymouth Argyle FA Cup matchday thread Empty
PostSubject: Mansfield Town V Plymouth Argyle FA Cup matchday thread   Mansfield Town V Plymouth Argyle FA Cup matchday thread EmptyThu Nov 03, 2016 8:27 pm

FA Cup

Mansfield Town V Plymouth Argyle

Man in the middle Dean Whitestone Games: 16 YELLOWS 48 REDS 0
(Ref our 2-nil away win Exeter game)

Assisted by Gareth Mellor and Peter Gooch

The fourth official is Wayne Grunnill.

FA Cup preview

Mansfield news

Mansfield Town will look to end a sequence of three games without a win when they face Plymouth Argyle.

Jamie McGuire returned to the matchday squad for last weekend's league defeat to Stevenage after a two-game absence with a leg injury and the midfielder will hope to get back on the pitch

Defender George Taft has resumed training after a hamstring injury but Stags boss Adam Murray must decide if he is ready to be involved. The likes of Brian Jensen, Mitch Rose, Jack Thomas, Danny Rose and Darius Henderson are also options for Murray should he wish to make changes to his starting line up.

Mansfield Town manager Adam Murray has pledged his future to the League Two club following reports he could quit.

The former Stags midfielder said he would not take personal abuse after he was booed by supporters during Saturday's home defeat by Stevenage.

But Murray insisted he was going nowhere following a meeting with club owner John Radford.

The under-pressure manager has also offered to meet sections of disgruntled supporters who have been questioning whether he is the right man to take the team forward.
Ahead of Mansfield's home clash against Argyle in the FA Cup this weekend, Murray is to offer appointments for an 'open office' between 5pm and 9pm on Thursday at the One Call Stadium.

Murray said he wants fans to be 'on the same page' as the club's management by sitting down and speaking with him rather than 'shouting over fences'.

Instead of shouting over fences, we can sit and have a chat and be on the same page. I know I'll never make everyone happy but we are building an environment where we all want to be singing from the same page.

Argyle News

Injuries

The short term injuries of Oscar Threlkeld and Paul-Arnold Garita are still stopping them from playing. Ryan Brunt and Gary Sawyer are also sidelined with long-term injuries.

(Send them to Paul Maxwell, Maxwell - Physio, Rehab & Fitness centre,Physiotherapist on set for the filming of Hollywood film, Jack Ryan - Shadow Recruit featuring Kevin Costner, Chris Pine and Keira Knightly. Personally assisting Chris Pine)

Transport News

Coaches depart Home Park at 7am. The cost to Travel Club Members is £30 and £33 to non-Members

Team

Derek Adams as been quoted, he will select his strongest team for this FA Cup clash
But that does not mean there will not be some changes from the team which started the 2-1 win against Colchester United at Home Park last Saturday.

The manager Derek Adams is anticipating that set-pieces are likely to play an important part in this cup game.

A ball change

The Mitre ball used in EFL games stays in the dressing-room, the ball to be use is the Nike FA Cup ball, the players have been practicing with it this week.

The new Nike Ordem 2016-2017 FA Cup Ball introduces a stunning design for this season's FA Cup campaign. The new white, pink and orange Nike FA Cup Football is expected to be officially revealed in early November 2016.

(Info and quotes taken from various websites)
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: Mansfield Town V Plymouth Argyle FA Cup matchday thread   Mansfield Town V Plymouth Argyle FA Cup matchday thread EmptyThu Nov 03, 2016 9:26 pm

Oh well, at least we'll be able to concentrate on the league
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Mansfield Town V Plymouth Argyle FA Cup matchday thread   Mansfield Town V Plymouth Argyle FA Cup matchday thread EmptyThu Nov 03, 2016 9:46 pm

Do you think we are going to lose this one Freathy?
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: Mansfield Town V Plymouth Argyle FA Cup matchday thread   Mansfield Town V Plymouth Argyle FA Cup matchday thread EmptyFri Nov 04, 2016 7:23 am

of course we'll lose. Probably 2-0
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Mansfield Town V Plymouth Argyle FA Cup matchday thread   Mansfield Town V Plymouth Argyle FA Cup matchday thread EmptySat Nov 05, 2016 9:04 am

Match day, going for a 2-1 win but would take a draw and bring them to Home Park
Back to top Go down
RegGreen

PostSubject: Re: Mansfield Town V Plymouth Argyle FA Cup matchday thread   Mansfield Town V Plymouth Argyle FA Cup matchday thread EmptySat Nov 05, 2016 1:26 pm

Same here fancy 2-1as well carey&Tanner
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Mansfield Town V Plymouth Argyle FA Cup matchday thread   Mansfield Town V Plymouth Argyle FA Cup matchday thread EmptySat Nov 05, 2016 2:04 pm

Play again, same team as last week

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Jon L

PostSubject: Re: Mansfield Town V Plymouth Argyle FA Cup matchday thread   Mansfield Town V Plymouth Argyle FA Cup matchday thread EmptySat Nov 05, 2016 2:37 pm

Only 6 subs named on BBC website, even with this years 'stronger squad' we can't name a full bench?

I appreciate the different between 6 and 7 subs isn't much but add a couple more injuries or suspensions in over Christmas and where will we be.
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Mansfield Town V Plymouth Argyle FA Cup matchday thread   Mansfield Town V Plymouth Argyle FA Cup matchday thread EmptySat Nov 05, 2016 2:42 pm

Big news

Although they are not included in today's squad, both Oscar and Arnie are taking a full part in the pre-match warm-up

Only six on the bench Connor Smith didn't make it, Goodwillie, Donaldson, Jervis, Osborne, Dorel, Ijaha.

The FA ball for todays game

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Mansfield Town V Plymouth Argyle FA Cup matchday thread   Mansfield Town V Plymouth Argyle FA Cup matchday thread EmptySat Nov 05, 2016 3:24 pm

1 up Slew.

As with 90% of games this season - totally against run of play.
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: Mansfield Town V Plymouth Argyle FA Cup matchday thread   Mansfield Town V Plymouth Argyle FA Cup matchday thread EmptySat Nov 05, 2016 4:42 pm

2-1 up.
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: Mansfield Town V Plymouth Argyle FA Cup matchday thread   Mansfield Town V Plymouth Argyle FA Cup matchday thread EmptySat Nov 05, 2016 4:43 pm

Fox, totally against the run of play.
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: Mansfield Town V Plymouth Argyle FA Cup matchday thread   Mansfield Town V Plymouth Argyle FA Cup matchday thread EmptySat Nov 05, 2016 4:44 pm

Again.
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: Mansfield Town V Plymouth Argyle FA Cup matchday thread   Mansfield Town V Plymouth Argyle FA Cup matchday thread EmptySat Nov 05, 2016 4:58 pm

Get in the hat bounce
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: Mansfield Town V Plymouth Argyle FA Cup matchday thread   Mansfield Town V Plymouth Argyle FA Cup matchday thread EmptySat Nov 05, 2016 5:01 pm

Fook me,a cup win-good stuff DA and the lads! Away to Northampton next round no doubt.
Back to top Go down
PlymptonPilgrim
Admin
PlymptonPilgrim

PostSubject: Re: Mansfield Town V Plymouth Argyle FA Cup matchday thread   Mansfield Town V Plymouth Argyle FA Cup matchday thread EmptySat Nov 05, 2016 5:09 pm

Greenskin wrote:
Fook me,a cup win-good stuff DA and the lads! Away to Northampton next round no doubt.

Getting a bit of cup fever over there young man? Very Happy
Back to top Go down
tigertony

tigertony

PostSubject: Re: Mansfield Town V Plymouth Argyle FA Cup matchday thread   Mansfield Town V Plymouth Argyle FA Cup matchday thread EmptySat Nov 05, 2016 5:13 pm

1st choice Luton home please. We owe them one!!
2nd choice non-league away for TV money.
After that how about Portsmo ... oh they're out! OK Excret .. oh they're out! Laughing
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: Mansfield Town V Plymouth Argyle FA Cup matchday thread   Mansfield Town V Plymouth Argyle FA Cup matchday thread EmptySat Nov 05, 2016 5:18 pm

PlymptonPilgrim wrote:
Greenskin wrote:

Getting a bit of cup fever over there young man?  Very Happy

I'll be watching my Road to Villa Park DVD tonight to get in the mood for Monday's draw.

Garry,did you see my post on the golf thread about Hurdwick?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Mansfield Town V Plymouth Argyle FA Cup matchday thread   Mansfield Town V Plymouth Argyle FA Cup matchday thread EmptySat Nov 05, 2016 5:21 pm

Well done lads - any Midlands club away will do
Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68

PostSubject: Re: Mansfield Town V Plymouth Argyle FA Cup matchday thread   Mansfield Town V Plymouth Argyle FA Cup matchday thread EmptySat Nov 05, 2016 5:27 pm

I know he's a mate of mine but i'm proud that JB is chairman and owner of my club, without my real mate we would never get the chance to play Mansfield on a regular basis.Barcelona away in the next round please.
Back to top Go down
RegGreen

PostSubject: Re: Mansfield Town V Plymouth Argyle FA Cup matchday thread   Mansfield Town V Plymouth Argyle FA Cup matchday thread EmptySat Nov 05, 2016 5:37 pm

Easy non league side at home next round will do..then 3rd Arsenal at home or chelsea away..sorry i do apoligise i came over all aviva there..lol
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Mansfield Town V Plymouth Argyle FA Cup matchday thread   Mansfield Town V Plymouth Argyle FA Cup matchday thread EmptySat Nov 05, 2016 5:45 pm

These 2-1 wins are coming a habit.
Back to top Go down
pilgrimfather

PostSubject: Re: Mansfield Town V Plymouth Argyle FA Cup matchday thread   Mansfield Town V Plymouth Argyle FA Cup matchday thread EmptySat Nov 05, 2016 5:58 pm

Freathy wrote:
of course we'll lose.  Probably 2-0

Freathy, what are your predictions for the next 10 games
Back to top Go down
RegGreen

PostSubject: Re: Mansfield Town V Plymouth Argyle FA Cup matchday thread   Mansfield Town V Plymouth Argyle FA Cup matchday thread EmptySat Nov 05, 2016 6:08 pm

sufferedsince 68 wrote:
I know he's a mate of mine but i'm proud that JB is chairman and owner of my club, without my real mate we would never get the chance to play Mansfield on a regular basis.Barcelona away in the next round please.
Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Mansfield Town V Plymouth Argyle FA Cup matchday thread   Mansfield Town V Plymouth Argyle FA Cup matchday thread EmptySat Nov 05, 2016 6:47 pm

pilgrimfather wrote:
Freathy wrote:
of course we'll lose.  Probably 2-0

Freathy, what are your predictions for the next 10 games

That'll be 2-0 for the other team
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mansfield Town V Plymouth Argyle FA Cup matchday thread   Mansfield Town V Plymouth Argyle FA Cup matchday thread Empty

Back to top Go down

Mansfield Town V Plymouth Argyle FA Cup matchday thread
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next