lawnmowerman
harvetheslayer
Tgwu
Chemical Ali
23 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage

Evening Herald Columnist evicted from Home Park - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Evening Herald Columnist evicted from Home Park   Evening Herald Columnist evicted from Home Park - Page 4 EmptyMon Jan 18, 2016 10:38 am

No one will read that link Angers, leave a copy and paste to TG.
Back to top Go down
Charlie Wood

Charlie Wood

PostSubject: Re: Evening Herald Columnist evicted from Home Park   Evening Herald Columnist evicted from Home Park - Page 4 EmptyMon Jan 18, 2016 10:38 am

I haven't read the original letter but I'm very glad somebody else seems to view things the same as me. This is a shockingly poor league and watching how Oxford played against Swansea I could hardly believe they were a 4th Division side.
Back to top Go down
AstiSpumante

AstiSpumante

PostSubject: Re: Evening Herald Columnist evicted from Home Park   Evening Herald Columnist evicted from Home Park - Page 4 EmptyMon Jan 18, 2016 11:10 am

Jak without a c, rad. I completely agree with Freathy Mr Smart, from what I've seen this season (home games only) the standard is nothing to get excited about.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Evening Herald Columnist evicted from Home Park   Evening Herald Columnist evicted from Home Park - Page 4 EmptyMon Jan 18, 2016 12:06 pm

I thought there may be some punchline at the end, and there it was.

Just be grateful to James Brent. 'Eeee saved us. Blah blah. Sleep
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Evening Herald Columnist evicted from Home Park   Evening Herald Columnist evicted from Home Park - Page 4 EmptyMon Jan 18, 2016 12:08 pm

some brentie reporter wrote:
IWAS shocked to read a recent email from a Plymouth Argyle fan sent into us on the Herald Sport desk.

It was from a man named Mr Fred Smart and it slammed the Pilgrims as well as the whole of League Two, something I find quite unbelievable.

Don’t get me wrong, every fan is entitled to their opinion, and I cannot claim to have followed Argyle since the 1950s like Mr Smart.

I do go to every home game and try to travel to a few away games every season, something I have done for 13 years.
On social media you quite often find there are people who will search desperately hard for something, no matter how small, to complain about.

Normally I ignore these comments, but I so strongly disagree with this particular point I felt I needed to respond.

And this is what football is all about, right? Passion and people having different views.

Mr Smart’s email began: “My brother and I and a friend go to watch Argyle quite regularly, as we have done since the mid 1950s.

“We went to the Northampton game on Tuesday night (12th) and we came away from there with the impression that there are no good teams in League Two (obviously the managers would argue otherwise).”

The Northampton game was not the best of matches by any stretch of the imagination, and it was two silly mistakes cost Argyle all three points.

Is it right to judge a whole league from one game? I can’t begin to take that seriously.

The match was between two sides who are battling at the top of League Two for promotion.

Ironically, given what transpired, these types of games can often be nervy affairs, with neither side wanting to make costly mistakes.

How many times have teams at the top of the Premier League played one another, in a game which has failed to live up to expectation?

It happens on a regular basis. Does that mean there are no decent teams in the Premier League?

The email continued: “The game overall from both teams, as with most of the games this season were of poor quality football and although both teams are at the top of League Two, we believe they are there more through luck than judgement, they are getting the breaks but others are not.”

Maybe Mr Smart needs reminding we are playing in the fourth tier of English football.

If people want to watch teams win 6-1 each week then I suggest possibly moving to Spain, a league system which is nowhere near as competitive as what we have here.

We are playing in a league where some teams do well to stay afloat financially, so of course teams are not going to be playing like Real Madrid.

I would also be very interested to know what breaks Argyle are getting that other teams are not?

The number of penalties? Oh no, we haven’t had one this season.

Staying injury free? Wrong again as I seem to remember the Pilgrims struggled for a number of weeks because of injury, with arguably our best player, Graham Carey, having not played since late November.

The next part of the email was the most shocking, and made me question whether Mr Smart was even a fan at all.

“If Argyle are going to get promotion this season, they are going to have to make wholesale changes because this present squad will not be good enough for the step up to League One.”

Make wholesale changes? What exactly does Derek Adams and his team have to do to please people?

League Two can be a scrappy league that is played on rough pitches.

How about rather than moaning that there is a lack of Ronaldo-like finesse among the team, you have a look back to where we were a couple of seasons ago and compare it to now.

There is no comparison.

We are TOP of League Two having won 17 out of our 27 matches, averaging over two points per game.

That is an incredible achievement.

The trouble Torquay United have had this season could so easily have been us a couple of years ago, but it isn’t, and for that we should be grateful to James Brent.

I really do despair of ‘fans’ who always have to find something to moan at.

Let’s enjoy being top of the table, get behind the team and help them to promotion in May

would have been more fitting if he ended with  look how far we've come and proof read it first too.

seriously is it that easy to become a journalist these days? doesnt seem  as if the herald have high standards for reporters to aim for lol and they wonder why no fecker buys that paper other than to line litter trays or rabbit hutchs
Back to top Go down
RegGreen

PostSubject: Re: Evening Herald Columnist evicted from Home Park   Evening Herald Columnist evicted from Home Park - Page 4 EmptyMon Jan 18, 2016 4:04 pm

Czarcasm wrote:
I thought there may be some punchline at the end, and there it was.

Just be grateful to James Brent. 'Eeee saved us. Blah blah. Sleep
i was waiting for that one eee bleeds green he gets it :pighug:
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Evening Herald Columnist evicted from Home Park   Evening Herald Columnist evicted from Home Park - Page 4 EmptyMon Jan 18, 2016 5:43 pm

Thanks for the cut and paste Angers,much appreciated and makes it easier to comment for those of us that won't visit Brent's Herald.
Quite amusing actually, in the sense that the Herald is almost having to report on social media goings on in a social media way. Talk about lagging behind.
They've had it. These local rags have had their day, and it won't be long before they are just printed weekly cut and pastes from ATD, along with a charidee £10 token for an out of season holiday in Mullion.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Evening Herald Columnist evicted from Home Park   Evening Herald Columnist evicted from Home Park - Page 4 EmptyMon Jan 18, 2016 5:47 pm

The story they lifted from a facebook conversation whilst Big Brother was on was laughable in the extreme.
The Herald story then got lifted by the Daily Star and suddenly the Bananabus was going to storm the Big Brother House! lol!
We can just about storm into a packet of crisps popcorn
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Evening Herald Columnist evicted from Home Park   Evening Herald Columnist evicted from Home Park - Page 4 EmptyMon Jan 18, 2016 6:43 pm

BBC1 wrote:
The story they lifted from a facebook conversation whilst Big Brother was on was laughable in the extreme.
The Herald story then got lifted by the Daily Star and suddenly the Bananabus was going to storm the Big Brother House! lol!

I think they spend their whole day just searching social media sites for crap stories to report on as real journalism is a dirty word for the herald.
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

PostSubject: Re: Evening Herald Columnist evicted from Home Park   Evening Herald Columnist evicted from Home Park - Page 4 EmptyTue Jan 19, 2016 4:47 am

Who wrote that shit ? Shaddup and enjoy the ride brent worship
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

PostSubject: Re: Evening Herald Columnist evicted from Home Park   Evening Herald Columnist evicted from Home Park - Page 4 EmptyTue Jan 19, 2016 4:48 am

BBC1 wrote:

The a team lol!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Evening Herald Columnist evicted from Home Park   Evening Herald Columnist evicted from Home Park - Page 4 EmptyTue Jan 19, 2016 2:38 pm

Fred Smart replies to the brentie reporters article

fred smart wrote:
He writes: 'In response to Jak Ball's piece in Monday's Herald (The Final Verdict) concerning my (Fred Smart's) email on Argyle.

I believe my views were proved on Saturday against Stevenage.

They should have gone in at half time at least 5-1 after bossing the game and I honestly thought they were going to make me eat my words.

However, a completely different team came out in the second half and in the end they got one of those 'lucky breaks' and managed to grind out a result.

This is exactly what I'm talking about, they are not convincing. Being on top for 45 minutes is not good enough. The games go on for 90 minutes.

I am well aware of how Mr Brent pumped money in to save the club.

So I suppose the money my brother and I have pumped into the club over the last 60 years accounts for nothing?

Long after Mr Brent, Mr Adams and the present players have gone, we will still be there (moaning maybe) but we will still support the club.

No matter how much you may have a pop at me for my opinion.

Fred Smart'
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Evening Herald Columnist evicted from Home Park   Evening Herald Columnist evicted from Home Park - Page 4 EmptyTue Jan 19, 2016 3:50 pm

Angry wrote:
Fred Smart replies to the brentie reporters article

fred smart wrote:
He writes: 'In response to Jak Ball's piece in Monday's Herald (The Final Verdict) concerning my (Fred Smart's) email on Argyle.

I believe my views were proved on Saturday against Stevenage.

They should have gone in at half time at least 5-1 after bossing the game and I honestly thought they were going to make me eat my words.

However, a completely different team came out in the second half and in the end they got one of those 'lucky breaks' and managed to grind out a result.

This is exactly what I'm talking about, they are not convincing. Being on top for 45 minutes is not good enough. The games go on for 90 minutes.

I am well aware of how Mr Brent leveraged tax payers money, shafted unsecured creditors and didn't fund administration in to save the club.

So I suppose the money my brother and I have pumped into the club over the last 60 years accounts for nothing?

Long after Mr Brent, Mr Adams and the present players have gone, we will still be there (moaning maybe) but we will still support the club.

No matter how much you may have a pop at me for my opinion.

Fred Smart'

Amended for factuals lol!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Evening Herald Columnist evicted from Home Park   Evening Herald Columnist evicted from Home Park - Page 4 EmptyTue Jan 19, 2016 4:02 pm

Is there any evidence that Brent has pumped any money into Argyle? The only money I'm aware of has come from is fans or the council.
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: Evening Herald Columnist evicted from Home Park   Evening Herald Columnist evicted from Home Park - Page 4 EmptyTue Jan 19, 2016 4:56 pm

Geddon Fred...
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

PostSubject: Re: Evening Herald Columnist evicted from Home Park   Evening Herald Columnist evicted from Home Park - Page 4 EmptyWed Jan 20, 2016 1:05 am

Amsterdamage wrote:
Is there any evidence that Brent has pumped any money into Argyle? The only money I'm aware of has come from is fans or the council.

Think i read somewhere on prasoti hes loaned argyle £1.75m to get us through the fletcher /early sheridan era ? Dont forget purses pay would have been 80k minimum
Wrathall needed as i assume rest of board were skint....
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Evening Herald Columnist evicted from Home Park   Evening Herald Columnist evicted from Home Park - Page 4 EmptyWed Jan 20, 2016 10:02 am

Elias wrote:
Amsterdamage wrote:

Think i read somewhere on prasoti  hes loaned argyle £1.75m to get us through the fletcher /early sheridan era ? Dont forget purses pay would have been 80k minimum

I remember a loan of 1 or 1.5m I think but wasn't that offset by the sale of ground to council and a swift £800k into the pension pot?
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

Location : Wormwood Scrubs awaiting the imminent arrival of Johnson..

PostSubject: Re: Evening Herald Columnist evicted from Home Park   Evening Herald Columnist evicted from Home Park - Page 4 EmptyWed Jan 20, 2016 11:30 am

Amsterdamage wrote:
Elias wrote:
Amsterdamage wrote:

Think i read somewhere on prasoti  hes loaned argyle £1.75m to get us through the fletcher /early sheridan era ? Dont forget purses pay would have been 80k minimum

I remember a loan of 1 or 1.5m I think but wasn't that offset by the sale of ground to council and a swift £800k into the pension pot?

Plus the Pavalions for a £1 from memory.....??
Reluctant Geezer hasn't laid out net a single Ducat from where I'm sitting. Why should he when Pork Chop Marshalls the Bucket Rattling and flogs his dodgy shirts to the masses.
Been noticeable that since the "origin" of said shirts was questioned recently his last two Auctions have had to be whiter then white and I doubt even Porky managed to obtain a 1973 Santos Shirt in Bangkok
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Evening Herald Columnist evicted from Home Park   Evening Herald Columnist evicted from Home Park - Page 4 EmptyWed Jan 20, 2016 6:53 pm

Impossible for anyone to know how much was paid. probably zero, given the amount of debt taken on.
The exit from admin was a joint effort by Brent AND the Council.
I suspect Brent is some sort of underwriter for the first two years of unavoidable contracted debt, and even I wouldn't expect him to do that for nothing, especially not being a football man.

Overall, I expect it's not been a bad little earner so far, but he will keep his foot firmly on the tail. And it could be an absolute gold mine if he actually gets HHP classified as a brown field site under the new Tory planning wheezes that take power away from locals.

Apart from that, there will be years of this austerity, as team investment takes second place to paying back Todd etc. Fans like us must pay our debts, unlike bankers like Brent.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Evening Herald Columnist evicted from Home Park   Evening Herald Columnist evicted from Home Park - Page 4 EmptyMon Jan 25, 2016 3:19 pm

so the gobby lard arse's boycott lasted...just shy of 2 weeks! a right little bobby sands isnt he

JACK 'Pieface' McDermott has apologised for his actions at Home Park, which led to him being ejected from the ground in a match against Northampton Town.

The former Big Brother contestant had vowed to never return to Home Park after the ejection, but has since had a change of heart and will be back in the Devonport End for Saturday's home match against Wycombe Wanderers.

Pieface said: To the hundreds of people that have asked me, I have not been banned from Home Park.

"I was removed from that game and that was it, I am allowed to return whenever I wish.

"If it makes it easier I will apologise to the club and anyone offended by my actions, I was simply venting some frustration.

"I have since spoken to some people close to the club and sorted this issue out and I will be returning to home games again from next week.

"I just felt like I need to take a game off to calm down and consider sorting out any issues that had occurred.

"I think that enough points have been made on this issue and hopefully the matter can now be considered as closed."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Evening Herald Columnist evicted from Home Park   Evening Herald Columnist evicted from Home Park - Page 4 EmptyMon Jan 25, 2016 3:43 pm

Angry wrote:
so the gobby lard arse's boycott lasted...just shy of 2 weeks!  a right little bobby sands isnt he

JACK 'Pieface' McDermott has apologised for his actions at Home Park, which led to him being ejected from the ground in a match against Northampton Town.

The former Big Brother contestant had vowed to never return to Home Park after the ejection, but has since had a change of heart and will be back in the Devonport End for Saturday's home match against Wycombe Wanderers.

Pieface said: To the hundreds of people that have asked me, I have not been banned from Home Park.

"I was removed from that game and that was it, I am allowed to return whenever I wish.

"If it makes it easier I will apologise to the club and anyone offended by my actions, I was simply venting some frustration.

"I have since spoken to some people close to the club and sorted this issue out and I will be returning to home games again from next week.

"I just felt like I need to take a game off to calm down and consider sorting out any issues that had occurred.

"I think that enough points have been made on this issue and hopefully the matter can now be considered as closed."
Bobby Sands?
More like Bobby Davro lol!
Back to top Go down
vincent_vega

vincent_vega

PostSubject: Re: Evening Herald Columnist evicted from Home Park   Evening Herald Columnist evicted from Home Park - Page 4 EmptyMon Jan 25, 2016 4:01 pm

Just a matter of time before he is out on his ear again.  My guess is that the Stewards do have him "marked" for some special treatment Handbags
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Evening Herald Columnist evicted from Home Park   Evening Herald Columnist evicted from Home Park - Page 4 EmptyMon Jan 25, 2016 4:05 pm

vincent_vega wrote:
Just a matter of time before he is out on his ear again.  My guess is that the Stewards do have him "marked" for some special treatment Handbags

I don't think he even needs to be marked for special treatment. He's such a combustible gobshite that it's only a matter of time before something similar happens and the self promoting man-child gets his next exit visa.
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: Evening Herald Columnist evicted from Home Park   Evening Herald Columnist evicted from Home Park - Page 4 EmptyMon Jan 25, 2016 4:42 pm

BBC1 wrote:
Bobby Sands?
More like Bobby Davro lol!

Nah, Bobby Bacala foreshore.
Back to top Go down
Charlie Wood

Charlie Wood

PostSubject: Re: Evening Herald Columnist evicted from Home Park   Evening Herald Columnist evicted from Home Park - Page 4 EmptyMon Jan 25, 2016 5:01 pm

Written by his agent...Webby's last client?? Maybe not, not really grandiloquent enough.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Evening Herald Columnist evicted from Home Park   Evening Herald Columnist evicted from Home Park - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

Evening Herald Columnist evicted from Home Park
Page 4 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next