cornysteve
mannameadbabe
nzgreen
Dingle
13 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage

The Evening Herald - Censorship  Empty
PostSubject: The Evening Herald - Censorship    The Evening Herald - Censorship  EmptyThu Apr 18, 2013 11:54 am

Preventing AFT supportive comments?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Evening Herald - Censorship    The Evening Herald - Censorship  EmptyThu Apr 18, 2013 11:54 am

Wouldn't surprise me in the slightest.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Evening Herald - Censorship    The Evening Herald - Censorship  EmptyThu Apr 18, 2013 11:55 am

It seems to be the case!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Evening Herald - Censorship    The Evening Herald - Censorship  EmptyThu Apr 18, 2013 12:03 pm

Anyone else tried to post a AFT supportive comment?

"Sorry, failed to add comment : Service Unavailable"

We need as many to try as possible, this could be one for the Press Complaints Commission!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Evening Herald - Censorship    The Evening Herald - Censorship  EmptyThu Apr 18, 2013 12:06 pm

i like to think its due to a service error im going to try and post on another article to see.

Report back soon
Back to top Go down
Dingle

PostSubject: Re: The Evening Herald - Censorship    The Evening Herald - Censorship  EmptyThu Apr 18, 2013 12:07 pm

Sian Davies is out of the office until Monday 22nd April. Quel surprise!

Back to top Go down
nzgreen

nzgreen

PostSubject: Re: The Evening Herald - Censorship    The Evening Herald - Censorship  EmptyThu Apr 18, 2013 12:08 pm

I tried it just was hanging with a 'validating message' window.
Ended up emailing them instead.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Evening Herald - Censorship    The Evening Herald - Censorship  EmptyThu Apr 18, 2013 12:08 pm

I have tried 4 times and Knecht has as well, there's something that stinks about this, it's funny how comments dissing the Trust are being allowed, I really can't think who maybe making them!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Evening Herald - Censorship    The Evening Herald - Censorship  EmptyThu Apr 18, 2013 12:09 pm

sorry its said adding comment but then turn out to it could add any so i guess its a service issue.

Last edited by Angry of Mayfair on Thu Apr 18, 2013 12:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Evening Herald - Censorship    The Evening Herald - Censorship  EmptyThu Apr 18, 2013 12:09 pm

I wonder if they've set up their word filter in a clever way to filter out or moderate posts that contain specific words.
Back to top Go down
Dingle

PostSubject: Re: The Evening Herald - Censorship    The Evening Herald - Censorship  EmptyThu Apr 18, 2013 12:11 pm

I can think of a few that would certainly block their filter.
Back to top Go down
mannameadbabe

mannameadbabe

PostSubject: Re: The Evening Herald - Censorship    The Evening Herald - Censorship  EmptyThu Apr 18, 2013 12:12 pm

In the absence of being unable to post comments and if you email Sian Davies - with your views on the development it may be an idea to cc [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Evening Herald - Censorship    The Evening Herald - Censorship  EmptyThu Apr 18, 2013 12:24 pm

i see 2face and smithy are out in force on there.

They truly are not fans of the club but fans of corporate suits
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Evening Herald - Censorship    The Evening Herald - Censorship  EmptyThu Apr 18, 2013 12:26 pm

It simply beggars belief that any fan of PAFC could oppose something that will benefit the Club. It just proves even more that these people have no regard for the Club what-so-ever.
Back to top Go down
cornysteve

PostSubject: Re: The Evening Herald - Censorship    The Evening Herald - Censorship  EmptyThu Apr 18, 2013 12:36 pm

Still validating comment. I would naively hope that it's a technical fault rather than censorship, but the pro Akkeron spin that is evident in most recent relevent articles suggest that its at best an unhappy coincidence.

Steve

Comment still validating after about twenty minutes now. Slow typist.
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: The Evening Herald - Censorship    The Evening Herald - Censorship  EmptyThu Apr 18, 2013 12:44 pm

cornysteve wrote:
Still validating comment. I would naively hope that it's a technical fault rather than censorship, but the pro Akkeron spin that is evident in most recent relevent articles suggest that its at best an unhappy coincidence.

Steve

Comment still validating after about twenty minutes now. Slow typist.

same here
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Evening Herald - Censorship    The Evening Herald - Censorship  EmptyThu Apr 18, 2013 12:50 pm

one has slipped through the net i see. My is still awaiting approval.
Back to top Go down
Dingle

PostSubject: Re: The Evening Herald - Censorship    The Evening Herald - Censorship  EmptyThu Apr 18, 2013 1:09 pm

The anti-Akkeron arrow isn't accepting positive clicks - fact.

Back to top Go down
mannameadbabe

mannameadbabe

PostSubject: Re: The Evening Herald - Censorship    The Evening Herald - Censorship  EmptyThu Apr 18, 2013 2:09 pm

I've had an email to say that they have technical problems. I've told them to expect a deluge of comments when that's been resolved. Maybe the technical problem is the little rule they've set up to not accept dissenting posts Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
Dingle

PostSubject: Re: The Evening Herald - Censorship    The Evening Herald - Censorship  EmptyThu Apr 18, 2013 2:12 pm

Newsdesk email
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Evening Herald - Censorship    The Evening Herald - Censorship  EmptyThu Apr 18, 2013 2:14 pm

Thank heavens for that!!!! I was beginning to think that it was me and my jumpers that they had taken against.

TBF they are clearly experiencing technical difficulties. Their whole site was down a short while ago. Maybe it was overwhelmed by the broadly anti-responses.
Back to top Go down
Dingle

PostSubject: Re: The Evening Herald - Censorship    The Evening Herald - Censorship  EmptyThu Apr 18, 2013 2:56 pm

Convenient that - added to the fact that Sian Davies is away until Monday.
Back to top Go down
Richard Blight

Richard Blight

PostSubject: Re: The Evening Herald - Censorship    The Evening Herald - Censorship  EmptyThu Apr 18, 2013 3:45 pm

An email or 10 complaining / putting the Herald straight on the fact the "community football pitch" is earmarked for development already might be handy. That's twice their reporting on this subject has left a lot to be desired.
Back to top Go down
mannameadbabe

mannameadbabe

PostSubject: Re: The Evening Herald - Censorship    The Evening Herald - Censorship  EmptyThu Apr 18, 2013 4:42 pm

Just tried again and got dangerously close...... validating....... adding comment...... and then 'internal server error'. I'm going to email them again and paste my comment into the email to get them to add it for me if necessary. I had a nice bit in there too about Michael Foot spinning in his grave Embarassed
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: The Evening Herald - Censorship    The Evening Herald - Censorship  EmptyThu Apr 18, 2013 4:57 pm

mannameadbabe wrote:
Just tried again and got dangerously close...... validating....... adding comment...... and then 'internal server error'. I'm going to email them again and paste my comment into the email to get them to add it for me if necessary. I had a nice bit in there too about Michael Foot spinning in his grave Embarassed

Well done. I ought to try again really but it gets so boring saying the same things over and over again Wink
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Evening Herald - Censorship    The Evening Herald - Censorship  Empty

Back to top Go down

The Evening Herald - Censorship
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next