Plymouth Argyle Talk - Democratic

The 'ONLY' Independent Internet Forum for Argyle Fans

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The Laughing at Exeter as they go down thread.

Go down 
+48
Big Robby
Earwegoagain
akagreengull
downthetrack
Lord Melbury
Flat_Track_Bully
green_genie
Cornish Rebel
PatDunne
zyph
Cerbera
Rickler
Cousin Jack
Hoof Hearted
devonportlad
Sturtz
Geezer
Hugh Midde
pepsipete
lawnmowerman
Motorservices
mouldyoldgoat
shonbo
Rollo Tomasi
Elias
jabba the gut ecfc
Chemical Ali
Coxside_Green
argyl3
tigertony
harvetheslayer
Dane
VillageGreen
Dick Trickle
Freathy
Foxy
Sir Francis Drake
seadog
Hitch
Charlie Wood
Les Miserable
Tgwu
AstiSpumante
MikeWN
Lord Tisdale
Greenskin
Czarcasm
sufferedsince 68
52 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 23 ... 36  Next
AuthorMessage

The Laughing at Exeter as they go down thread. - Page 11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Laughing at Exeter as they go down thread.   The Laughing at Exeter as they go down thread. - Page 11 EmptyWed Jan 20, 2016 10:25 am

Lord Tisdale wrote:
Off to Liverpool. gag on Gargs.

Fingers crossed you are plucky not lucky.
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: The Laughing at Exeter as they go down thread.   The Laughing at Exeter as they go down thread. - Page 11 EmptyWed Jan 20, 2016 11:00 am

Have a good un Tis. Just read this is the guardian...

"Shops in Liverpool are expecting a bumper day of sales in the middle/upper class trouser department, there's even talk of a half 'n' half chino being specially created for visiting Exeter fans on their big day out. Staff at one of Merseyside's largest menswear manufacturers 'Calm Down Clothing' have spent all week learning how to knock up something other than the shellsuit, one employee who wished only to be known as 'Terry' said "It's been a foookin' nightmare, if I see one more pair of court trousers, especially beige ones, I think I'll throw up"
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Laughing at Exeter as they go down thread.   The Laughing at Exeter as they go down thread. - Page 11 EmptyWed Jan 20, 2016 11:05 am

Staff at Jack Wills and Holister are being given the rest of the week off. lol!
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: The Laughing at Exeter as they go down thread.   The Laughing at Exeter as they go down thread. - Page 11 EmptyWed Jan 20, 2016 11:30 am

This Liverpool team is almost geared up to create the big shock of the round and Feckless v Plucky might not have the outcome everybody expects.

Now this might seem daft but Exeter have players who can play a bit and the pitch at Anfield will not be anything like as much an advantage to Liverpool as they think it will.

Factor in the huge arrogance of a club that will probably insist on playing their kids again and there is every chance that complacency could set in.

If Tisdale does the right thing and decides to go full-strength for this one, and play to win, I can see every chance of an upset just as long as Exeter don't take the lead too early in the game.

Back to top Go down
http://sicparvismagna.com
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: The Laughing at Exeter as they go down thread.   The Laughing at Exeter as they go down thread. - Page 11 EmptyWed Jan 20, 2016 12:15 pm

I'm just picturing Lord Tis in full kit and shin pads. Very Happy

The Liverpool kids obviously have talent, but the first game showed that u can't simply throw a load of them together and expect them to stroll a game. Even against a lower 4th division club like Exeter.

If Klopp plays the same team, there won't be too many eyelids batted if Exeter win. I'm sure Exeters players wouldn't mind playing against two or three they'd actually heard of too. That would make any result they got, credible.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Laughing at Exeter as they go down thread.   The Laughing at Exeter as they go down thread. - Page 11 EmptyWed Jan 20, 2016 12:31 pm

6,000 tickets sold apparently.

There's going to be a lot of East Devon villages missing their idiots is evening.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Laughing at Exeter as they go down thread.   The Laughing at Exeter as they go down thread. - Page 11 EmptyWed Jan 20, 2016 12:44 pm

Czarcasm wrote:
I'm just picturing Lord Tis in full kit and shin pads.  Very Happy

The Liverpool kids obviously have talent, but the first game showed that u can't simply throw a load of them together and expect them to stroll a game. Even against a lower 4th division club like Exeter.

If Klopp plays the same team, there won't be too many eyelids batted if Exeter win. I'm sure Exeters players wouldn't mind playing against two or three they'd actually heard of too. That would make any result they got, credible.

Its there for the taking thats for sure. Exeter can play a bit and should have enough about them to get in their faces and disrupt them physically.

The only thing that counts against them is I don't think they have an on the pitch leader which means they don't often get the results perhaps they deserve, lots of pretty play but not much incision . The defense still seem to be the clowns that Reid scared the hell out of last season although they seem to have fixed the goalkeeping. Since the last game, they seem to have acquired a useful goalscorer.

If they can rise to the occasion I'm fancying Exeter to nick this, as loathsome a scenario as that is. I may have to bung a score on it to make it bearable.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Laughing at Exeter as they go down thread.   The Laughing at Exeter as they go down thread. - Page 11 EmptyWed Jan 20, 2016 3:05 pm

Hugh Watt wrote:
Czarcasm wrote:

Its there for the taking thats for sure. Exeter can play a bit and should have enough about them to get in their faces and disrupt them physically.

The only thing that counts against them is I don't think they have an on the pitch leader which means they don't often get the results perhaps they deserve, lots of pretty play but not much incision . The defense still seem to be the clowns that Reid scared the hell out of last season although they seem to have fixed the goalkeeping. Since the last game, they seem to have acquired a useful goalscorer.

If they can rise to the occasion I'm fancying Exeter to nick this, as loathsome a scenario as that is. I may have to bung a score on it to make it bearable.
Just stuck £5 on skybet at 10/1, so that should the unfortunate result happen I can at least get shitfaced at The Britannia in Par. The landlord (and team manager of St Austell AFC) is 'one of them' Handbags
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Laughing at Exeter as they go down thread.   The Laughing at Exeter as they go down thread. - Page 11 EmptyWed Jan 20, 2016 4:03 pm

BBC1 wrote:
Hugh Watt wrote:
Czarcasm wrote:

Just stuck £5 on skybet at 10/1, so that should the unfortunate result happen I can at least get shitfaced at The Britannia in Par. The landlord (and team manager of St Austell AFC) is 'one of them' Handbags

I've stuck £20 on them at same price. Geddon Mot failure, Geddon Turds, Geddon Fucksy, Geddon Jibba Jabba, Geddon Spunky and Shitz lol! lol!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Laughing at Exeter as they go down thread.   The Laughing at Exeter as they go down thread. - Page 11 EmptyWed Jan 20, 2016 5:58 pm

2 hours to kick off. I've started drinking already....just in case drunk
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: The Laughing at Exeter as they go down thread.   The Laughing at Exeter as they go down thread. - Page 11 EmptyWed Jan 20, 2016 8:23 pm

22 mins gone and Exeter are 1 down and have barely been in Liverpool's half.

My 20p @ 14/1 looks like it has been wasted.
Back to top Go down
http://sicparvismagna.com

PostSubject: Re: The Laughing at Exeter as they go down thread.   The Laughing at Exeter as they go down thread. - Page 11 EmptyWed Jan 20, 2016 8:36 pm

They are getting mullered but they are only one down, time to put them out of their misery now, come on kids!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Laughing at Exeter as they go down thread.   The Laughing at Exeter as they go down thread. - Page 11 EmptyWed Jan 20, 2016 9:41 pm

Amsterdamage wrote:
They are getting mullered but they are only one down, time to put them out of their misery now, come on kids!
Oh dear it's turning into a bit of a thumping  lol!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Laughing at Exeter as they go down thread.   The Laughing at Exeter as they go down thread. - Page 11 EmptyWed Jan 20, 2016 9:50 pm

Did Liverpool not play their U14 side this time then? LOL
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Laughing at Exeter as they go down thread.   The Laughing at Exeter as they go down thread. - Page 11 EmptyWed Jan 20, 2016 9:59 pm

well done liverpool for putting the inferior tean in devon in their place.

our time will come to avenge the defeat to them in november
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Laughing at Exeter as they go down thread.   The Laughing at Exeter as they go down thread. - Page 11 EmptyWed Jan 20, 2016 10:00 pm

No doubt they'll all be back on here in the morning, once the convoy of Audis and Beemers has arrived back in Devon, telling us that the money made has set them up nicely for a late tilt at promotion this season.

And then, when we start taking the piss after their next 5 game winless run, they'll start moaning about how the people that run the club have wasted that cash which is why the Twat in the Hat is still manager. Like they do every season.
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: The Laughing at Exeter as they go down thread.   The Laughing at Exeter as they go down thread. - Page 11 EmptyWed Jan 20, 2016 10:35 pm

Yoooo'rrrrrrrrrrshhhhhiiiiiiiiiiittttttttttttttt!

Aaaaaaarrrrrrrrgggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhh!

AAAAAAAARRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHH!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Laughing at Exeter as they go down thread.   The Laughing at Exeter as they go down thread. - Page 11 EmptyThu Jan 21, 2016 2:34 am

Best example of men against boys I've ever seen, sadly the boys won. Smile
Back to top Go down
Lord Tisdale

Lord Tisdale

PostSubject: Re: The Laughing at Exeter as they go down thread.   The Laughing at Exeter as they go down thread. - Page 11 EmptyThu Jan 21, 2016 4:13 am

Feck, only got home at 3-30, M6 was a mare.

Excellent away day spoiled by Tw@sdale playing all his old codgers, we were, as anyone who could afford BT Sport down there in Inbredsville would know, absolute gash, the Poo were there for the taking by any side which could play with a modicum of ability, spirit, pace and youthful exuberance, none out of four wasn't enough.

When I saw the team I knew it was a wasted trip, didn't stop us getting behind the team and taking the pith out of the Mickeys, far too much mention of Arghpile for no obvious reason, you weren't even in the second round let alone in with the big boys.

Nothing left now but to try and make sure you mugs feck up again, we need to give up three to Accy Saturday.

If we can get Noble, Manny, Harley, Reid and Wheeler fit and keep them fit then with Stockley banging in the goals we may still well dice for that last play off place, if we can't and continue to play like tonight then it is good news that Yeovil and York are so carp.

Still, a trip to Anfield, bugger but their fans are dull, they give no support at all, and a double over the Gargs is more than we should really expect.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Laughing at Exeter as they go down thread.   The Laughing at Exeter as they go down thread. - Page 11 EmptyThu Jan 21, 2016 7:28 am

Lord Tisdale wrote:
Feck, only got home at 3-30, M6 was a mare.

Excellent away day spoiled by Tw@sdale playing all his old codgers, we were, as anyone who could afford BT Sport down there in Inbredsville would know, absolute gash, the Poo were there for the taking by any side which could play with a modicum of ability, spirit, pace and youthful exuberance, none out of four wasn't enough.

When I saw the team I knew it was a wasted trip, didn't stop us getting behind the team and taking the pith out of the Mickeys, far too much mention of Arghpile for no obvious reason, you weren't even in the second round let alone in with the big boys.

Nothing left now but to try and make sure you mugs feck up again, we need to give up three to Accy Saturday.

If we can get Noble, Manny, Harley, Reid and Wheeler fit and keep them fit then with Stockley banging in the goals we may still well dice for that last play off place, if we can't and continue to play like tonight then it is good news that Yeovil and York are so carp.

Still, a trip to Anfield, bugger but their fans are dull, they give no support at all, and a double over the Gargs is more than we should really expect.
I quiver as I type this but that's pretty much as I saw it. It took you till the second half to register a shot on goal and they were there for the taking and you have got the players to have carried it out. Harley and Noble may have helped, as they have some talent but I don't think you set out to record a shock.

Unfortunately your hero didn't help with his pre match "just run around and enjoy yourselves" comments, which were carried out to the letter. I think you turned up for the selfies tried not to lose too heavily and banked the cheque. Taggy'll be happy though:Thumbs Up 2:
Back to top Go down
lawnmowerman

lawnmowerman

PostSubject: Re: The Laughing at Exeter as they go down thread.   The Laughing at Exeter as they go down thread. - Page 11 EmptyThu Jan 21, 2016 8:01 am

I never understand why Exeter fans chant anti argyle songs At away games like last night coz the Liverpool fans have very little idea who your on about.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Laughing at Exeter as they go down thread.   The Laughing at Exeter as they go down thread. - Page 11 EmptyThu Jan 21, 2016 1:32 pm

lawnmowerman wrote:
I never understand why Exeter fans chant anti argyle songs At away games like last night coz the Liverpool fans have very little idea who your on about.

They had nothing else to cheer about it! most of the crowd that went probably dont support exeter in the first place
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Laughing at Exeter as they go down thread.   The Laughing at Exeter as they go down thread. - Page 11 EmptyThu Jan 21, 2016 1:43 pm

http://shop.exetercityfc.com/collections/liverpool

looks as if exeter can out aviva us when they want lol do they do auctions?
Back to top Go down
Motorservices

PostSubject: Re: The Laughing at Exeter as they go down thread.   The Laughing at Exeter as they go down thread. - Page 11 EmptyThu Jan 21, 2016 1:48 pm

Agree with Lord Tis

First half was setup to not do much (and thats what happened) second half was slightly better, but we missed Noble, they countered at a very impressive rate and the second was a very very good finish

No shame in losing at Anfield, my only disappointment is the fact i dont think we to our full ability

My other disappointment is for many years i always though the KOP got behind there team and made noise, on last nights showing i found them very quite, give me league 2 anyday

Im actually looking forward to getting smashed by Accrington on saturday infront of 3200 real fans, its nice to take 6k away on a tuesday but lets face it, if they turned up week in week out it would make a massive difference to ECFC
Back to top Go down
Motorservices

PostSubject: Re: The Laughing at Exeter as they go down thread.   The Laughing at Exeter as they go down thread. - Page 11 EmptyThu Jan 21, 2016 1:49 pm

Angry wrote:
http://shop.exetercityfc.com/collections/liverpool

looks as if exeter can out aviva us when they want lol do they do auctions?

I hate that sort of thing about the modern game
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Laughing at Exeter as they go down thread.   The Laughing at Exeter as they go down thread. - Page 11 Empty

Back to top Go down

The Laughing at Exeter as they go down thread.
Page 11 of 36Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 23 ... 36  Next