HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

A short tale of short term-ism and bellendry

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Mock Cuncher

Mock Cuncher

A short tale of short term-ism and bellendry Empty
PostSubject: A short tale of short term-ism and bellendry   A short tale of short term-ism and bellendry EmptyThu Jul 23, 2015 10:09 pm

So there's a creature which basically gives life to almost all plantlife, pollinating more than 90 of our most recognisable edible fruits - from apples to cucumbers, to even the most proverbial of avocados - with an estimated 80% of vegetable goods coming as a direct result of that creature's efforts to pollinate those crops.

Then there is a body which represents the growers and producers of these crops and groceries.

That body has lobbied to re-introduce a chemical pesticide, previously banned by the EU, which has been proven to drastically reduce the numbers of the creature which lives so symbiotically with the plants that the representees produce.

The hideous Tory government has silenced it's own findings into the pesticide, in order to grant a temporary reprieve to EU law, allowing our farmers to obliterate everything, in spite of half a million signing a petition, in the name of short-termist idiocy and all-raind bellendry.

Thanks, National Farmer's Union!
Thanks, Tory Party!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
http://wrongunatlongon.wordpress.com/
seadog
Admin

PostSubject: Re: A short tale of short term-ism and bellendry   A short tale of short term-ism and bellendry EmptyFri Jul 24, 2015 9:26 pm

NFU No feckin Use
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A short tale of short term-ism and bellendry   A short tale of short term-ism and bellendry EmptyMon Jul 27, 2015 7:33 pm

So true Mock, but sadly many people think us that are concerned about such matters are extremists and terrorists.

Nature does it for nothing, Monsanto charges for the same service. Just like the dominant religious zealots before them, the likes of Monsanto see nature as the devil, and it's bees as competitors to their self fertile seeds they want to sell to everyone on the planet as a monopoly on life. They are having legal difficulty patenting nature, so, why not just destroy it.
I think we can now safely assume that Cameron's foot in the door at the 2010 manifesto was indeed the cynical lying ploy it was..lol. As if we didn't know. Can't wait for all those nuclear power stations to get the go ahead.
I think corruption is at it's highest level since I was born. I think they're just filling their boots, and to hell with the consequences
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: A short tale of short term-ism and bellendry   A short tale of short term-ism and bellendry EmptyMon Jul 27, 2015 8:31 pm

John Hawkins wrote:
So true Mock, but sadly many people think us that are concerned about such matters are extremists and terrorists.

Nature does it for nothing, Monsanto charges for the same service. Just like the dominant religious zealots before them, the likes of Monsanto see nature as the devil, and it's bees as competitors to their self fertile seeds they want to sell to everyone on the planet as a monopoly on life. They are having legal difficulty patenting nature, so, why not just destroy it.
I think we can now safely assume that Cameron's foot in the door at the 2010 manifesto was indeed the cynical lying ploy it was..lol. As if we didn't know. Can't wait for all those nuclear power stations to get the go ahead.
I think corruption is at it's highest level since I was born. I think they're just filling their boots, and to hell with the consequences

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Mock Cuncher

Mock Cuncher

PostSubject: Re: A short tale of short term-ism and bellendry   A short tale of short term-ism and bellendry EmptyMon Aug 10, 2015 10:46 pm

Reading Private Eye today (train journey, sigh), the actual crop of rapeseed this year, forecasted to be much reduced as a result of this ban, is listed as 'above average'.

Still, the lobbyists have got their way.

Chars for the link Les.
Back to top Go down
http://wrongunatlongon.wordpress.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A short tale of short term-ism and bellendry   A short tale of short term-ism and bellendry Empty

Back to top Go down

A short tale of short term-ism and bellendry
Page 1 of 1