Jethro
Angry
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Angry

Angry

Camara offered a new long term contract Empty
PostSubject: Camara offered a new long term contract   Camara offered a new long term contract EmptyThu Feb 10, 2022 12:14 pm

Plymouth Argyle offer Panutche Camara new long-term contract

small extract from the link as im not cutting and pasting all those ads out

schumacher wrote:
"We want him to stay because he's one of our main players but there is no major rush on it because he will be here next year anyway unless someone comes and gives us £27 million!"

Good to see the club thinking ahead and trying to get him tied down for longer, hopefully they pull it off same goes for other key players in the squad out of contract next season.
Back to top Go down
Jethro

Jethro

PostSubject: Re: Camara offered a new long term contract   Camara offered a new long term contract EmptyThu Feb 10, 2022 12:31 pm

Right step to tie down Pan,Cooper, Jephcott , Hardie Randell , Law down.
So we can avoid losing them for Plymouth prices in future.
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Camara offered a new long term contract   Camara offered a new long term contract EmptyThu Feb 10, 2022 12:46 pm

The 24-year-old midfielder has become one of the leaders in the team, according to Pilgrims' boss Steven Schumacher

Plymouth Argyle are hoping that midfielder Panutche Camara will commit his long-term future to the League One club.

The 24-year-old Guinea-Bissau international has been offered a new contract by the Pilgrims, manager Steven Schumacher has confirmed.

Camara signed a two-year contract with Argyle when he joined them from Crawley Town in the summer of 2020.

That deal includes a club-option for a further 12 months into the 2022/23 season, but Argyle are keen to see Camara stay for longer than that.

Camara has been one of the main players for the Pilgrims as they have challenged towards the top end of the table all season.

Schumacher said: "He's here next year, the option is in our favour and he's going to be our player next year.

"We have offered him a new deal, so the ball is in his court. It's an improved deal. I don't know exactly where it's at now with his agent, where the talks are at.

"It's on the table for him so the longer he doesn't sign he's doing himself out of a few extra quid.

"We want him to stay because he's one of our main players but there is no major rush on it because he will be here next year anyway unless someone comes and gives us £27 million!"

When it was pointed out to Schumacher that was a very specific number, he replied: "It's a good number - it's my daughter's birthday, so £27m."

Camara has made a total of 72 starts and 11 substitute appearances, and scored nine goals, since signing for Argyle.

Schumacher said: "It's clear to see he has improved so much from when he first came in from Crawley. He was somebody that I was really keen to try and bring to the club.

"Being a midfield player, I was always saying to Ryan (Lowe) he would be my worst nightmare to ever play against in midfield.

"He has got these long legs, and you think you have got the ball and he just takes it off you. He's got so much energy and raw talent.

"I remember watching him when we played against him for Bury. He played against for Crawley and I was thinking 'He's a good player him'.

"He was one that I was really keen from a midfield point of view to bring (to Argyle). We worked hard to get him here and we did.

"I remember his first training session. He was running all over the place, he was all over the pitch and we went 'Okay, we will have to put the reins on him'.

"It took him a bit of time to figure out the system but since then his growth has been outstanding.

"He has still got room for improvement, he knows that. We still need to work on his end product and his finishing, because if he starts scoring a few goals then he's going to be worth £47m!"

Schumacher added: "When you are scanning the pitch in midfield, you are trying to see where your next pass is and he just comes from nowhere.

"He can wrap his leg around you and then before you know it he's away from you. He has got that power, he has got the ability to do that.

"So it's one of the reasons why we wanted to sign him and since then we feel we have improved him a lot.

"I think he can see he's growing and he's getting more experienced. He's more mature and he's becoming one of the leaders in the team. When he plays well, obviously the team benefits.

"We knew it when we were signing him he was raw. It was a project, it wasn't something that we felt 'He will go in the team and start straight away'.

"We had to spend a lot of time with him on simple things like passing drills and receiving skills, and awareness.

"It takes time, and that's work on the training ground that we have had to do with him over the last 18 months, but you can see the benefit of it, and other people can see that as well.

"He's an asset and as I keep saying he's going to be here next year anyway because of the contract situation, but we want him to stay beyond that."

Camara played in all three of Guinea-Bissau's group games at the Africa Cup of Nations in Cameroon last month.

He was a late substitute in a 0-0 draw with Sudan, but started the defeats against Egypt and Nigeria as Guinea-Bissau missed out on a place in the last 16.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Jethro

Jethro

PostSubject: Re: Camara offered a new long term contract   Camara offered a new long term contract EmptyThu Feb 10, 2022 12:49 pm

47 Million, the days of the plymouth price are over :greenrave:
Back to top Go down
Angry

Angry

PostSubject: Re: Camara offered a new long term contract   Camara offered a new long term contract EmptyThu Feb 10, 2022 1:20 pm

£1m would be enough i feel, especially if he says no to the new deal which could always be the case we dont know what goes on behind closed doors unless netflix or amazon are doing a documentary.

Same goes for the other key players. I would sooner we got something than nothing if no new contract can be agreed. But i hope we do tie down soon.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Camara offered a new long term contract   Camara offered a new long term contract EmptyThu Feb 10, 2022 5:51 pm

Thankfully you ain't the boss Angers.
Back to top Go down
Angry

Angry

PostSubject: Re: Camara offered a new long term contract   Camara offered a new long term contract EmptyThu Feb 10, 2022 6:00 pm

Earwegoagain wrote:
Thankfully you ain't the boss Angers.

you would let them leave for free? thankfully your not either if thats the case lol.
Back to top Go down
RegGreen

PostSubject: Re: Camara offered a new long term contract   Camara offered a new long term contract EmptyThu Feb 10, 2022 9:03 pm

Our goal is getting to the championship in the long term if you believe the vibe from board and the club ..it’s okay putting players on long term deals but at the moment how many players would say that we have at the moment that are championship quality
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: Camara offered a new long term contract   Camara offered a new long term contract EmptyThu Feb 10, 2022 9:43 pm

I'd say Camara is Championship quality
Back to top Go down
Jethro

Jethro

PostSubject: Re: Camara offered a new long term contract   Camara offered a new long term contract EmptyFri Feb 11, 2022 2:01 am

Our goal is to get to the championship.

Camara is a wee nugget as Luggy would say that can help us get there.

We need players like him under long term deals.

So if they decide they want to leave.

We can sell them for what they are worth not  let them go for free or taking 15k cause it's only little old Plymouth.

We have to get over the janner mentality that we will give players like this away free or cheap.
Back to top Go down
Angry

Angry

PostSubject: Re: Camara offered a new long term contract   Camara offered a new long term contract EmptyFri Feb 11, 2022 12:24 pm

Jethro wrote:
Our goal is to get to the championship.

Camara is a wee nugget as Luggy would say that can help us get there.

We need players like him under long term deals.

So if they decide they want to leave.

We can sell them for what they are worth not  let them go for free or taking 15k cause it's only little old Plymouth.

We have to get over the janner mentality that we will give  players like this away free or cheap.

Exactly, You want to keep your best players of course. however, if they don't want to stay here beyond their current deal thats starting to run out and the club would get the impression as to if they do or not during negotiations as they start them long before the end of the season.
You think of the club first not the individual no matter how good they are and move them on and bring in someone new with the money you get from the sale rather than let that player walk for free at the end of the season and put in half arsed performances in the meantime like a few have done in the previous seasons.

Last edited by Angry on Fri Feb 11, 2022 1:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Grovehill

PostSubject: Re: Camara offered a new long term contract   Camara offered a new long term contract EmptyFri Feb 11, 2022 12:56 pm

Freathy wrote:

He might get a chance to prove that next season with PAFC.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Camara offered a new long term contract   Camara offered a new long term contract EmptyFri Feb 11, 2022 2:14 pm

Selling Camara for £1m will get us nowhere it's not 1974 you know.
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: Camara offered a new long term contract   Camara offered a new long term contract EmptyFri Feb 11, 2022 6:23 pm

Grovehill wrote:
Freathy wrote:

He might get a chance to prove that next season with PAFC.
Either with or without Argo I think he'll get that chance
Back to top Go down
Jethro

Jethro

PostSubject: Re: Camara offered a new long term contract   Camara offered a new long term contract EmptyFri Feb 11, 2022 7:32 pm

Earwegoagain wrote:

We're slowly catching up to the outside world.

Back to top Go down
Angry

Angry

PostSubject: Re: Camara offered a new long term contract   Camara offered a new long term contract EmptyFri Feb 11, 2022 7:59 pm

Earwegoagain wrote:

it wont be far off. He's not worth much more taking the green specs off
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Camara offered a new long term contract   Camara offered a new long term contract EmptyFri Feb 11, 2022 8:07 pm

Angry wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:

Oh ffs Angers he's worth a promotion to us which is priceless, £1m would go on running costs I doubt we would spend a few for any player.
Back to top Go down
Angry

Angry

PostSubject: Re: Camara offered a new long term contract   Camara offered a new long term contract EmptyFri Feb 11, 2022 8:31 pm

Earwegoagain wrote:
Angry wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:

Oh ffs Angers he's worth a promotion to us which is priceless, £1m would go on running costs I doubt we would spend a few for any player.

if he has only one year left on his deal no one will pay much more than that and thats including if by a miracle we go up this season or not and he still hasnt signed a new deal.
If he has multiple years to run then maybe you can start demanding more but at the end of the day contracts mean jack shit and he could want out at anytime including in the summer so its all hypothetical.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Camara offered a new long term contract   Camara offered a new long term contract EmptyFri Feb 11, 2022 9:50 pm

I think Argyle have been very cute, if he signs a new contract with increased terms that’ll increase any future prospective transfer fee, hope he signs, if not I’m going to enjoy watching him until such time he does go, anywhere but PNE!
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Camara offered a new long term contract   Camara offered a new long term contract EmptySat Feb 12, 2022 8:51 am

Angry wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:
Angry wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:

if he has only one year left on his deal no one will pay much more than that and thats including if by a miracle we go up this season or not and he still hasnt signed a new deal.
If he has multiple years to run then maybe you can start demanding more but at the end of the day contracts mean jack shit and he could want out at anytime including in the summer so its all hypothetical.

If he is going to go in a year then let him go in a years time. If we sold our best players the fans would leave in droves and that would cost us more than a million, we need to start having some belief.
Back to top Go down
Angry

Angry

PostSubject: Re: Camara offered a new long term contract   Camara offered a new long term contract EmptySat Feb 12, 2022 9:12 am

Earwegoagain wrote:
Angry wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:
Angry wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:

If he is going to go in a year then let him go in a years time. If we sold our best players the fans would leave in droves and that would cost us more than a million, we need to start having some belief.

no player is bigger than the club and those fans will still be here if he were sold for not agreeing a new contract.
Back to top Go down
Grovehill

PostSubject: Re: Camara offered a new long term contract   Camara offered a new long term contract EmptySat Feb 12, 2022 10:42 am

No one stumped up half a million for Broom, and TBH I can't see anyone paying a million for a League 1 midfielder like Camara
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Camara offered a new long term contract   Camara offered a new long term contract EmptySat Feb 12, 2022 11:09 am

The amount we are Paying or getting paid for players is immaterial. The point is that to get promoted we need to keep hold of our better players or we will always be a shite lge1 lge2 team. I swear most of our fans are more than happy to cash in to maintain that status quo.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Camara offered a new long term contract   Camara offered a new long term contract EmptySat Feb 12, 2022 12:14 pm

We’ll I’m not but the player might, whatever we may wish if the player wants to go then off he goes, I see argyle trying to protect themselves to keep the player or if that fails then we achieve a realistic fee.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Camara offered a new long term contract   Camara offered a new long term contract EmptySat Feb 12, 2022 1:07 pm

Graiser wrote:
We’ll I’m not but the player might, whatever we may wish if the player wants to go then off he goes, I see argyle trying to protect themselves to keep the player or if that fails then we achieve a realistic fee.

Put it this way then Camara will leave at the end of his current contract, let's make that at the end of next season. Do we sell him this summer for £1m or keep him until his contract runs out and get promoted next year?
Also do you think Camara is more likely to stay in a team freshly promoted or one that is prepared to sell their talent before they have a chance?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Camara offered a new long term contract   Camara offered a new long term contract Empty

Back to top Go down

Camara offered a new long term contract
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next