Plymouth Argyle Talk - Democratic

The 'ONLY' Independent Internet Forum for Argyle Fans

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Raising Money and Abuse - A salitary Tale!

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage

Raising Money and Abuse - A salitary Tale! Empty
PostSubject: Raising Money and Abuse - A salitary Tale!   Raising Money and Abuse - A salitary Tale! EmptyThu Oct 11, 2012 11:13 pm

Does raising money for a charity or indeed another cause automatically make a person better than another and protected to the extent that proper checks are not taken? The Jimmy SaVILE abuse debacle is a salitary warning, if one was needed.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Raising Money and Abuse - A salitary Tale!   Raising Money and Abuse - A salitary Tale! EmptyFri Oct 12, 2012 7:20 am

The Red Star wrote:
Does raising money for a charity or indeed another cause automatically make a person better than another and protected to the extent that proper checks are not taken? The Jimmy SaVILE abuse debacle is a salitary warning, if one was needed.

Transparent and utterly pathetic trolling. Try harder and be a bit more subtle. You're awful at this kind of thing, you really are. Using real sexual abuse cases to have a cheap dig at someone you don't like is also really very low.

Stay classy Exeter!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Raising Money and Abuse - A salitary Tale!   Raising Money and Abuse - A salitary Tale! EmptyFri Oct 12, 2012 7:52 am

hairy j wrote:
The Red Star wrote:

Transparent and utterly pathetic trolling. Try harder and be a bit more subtle. You're awful at this kind of thing, you really are. Using real sexual abuse cases to have a cheap dig at someone you don't like is also really very low.

Stay classy Exeter!

I haven't linked it with anyone, I think you are doing that. In fact, the bloke you are scared of was not on my radar. Well done Hairy tw@t
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Raising Money and Abuse - A salitary Tale!   Raising Money and Abuse - A salitary Tale! EmptyFri Oct 12, 2012 8:19 am

Bollocks Red Star. I'm sure that this moral question has been posted by yourself on other forums that you are a member of...?

If not why ATD? Hoping for an anti Nikkk post?

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Raising Money and Abuse - A salitary Tale!   Raising Money and Abuse - A salitary Tale! EmptyFri Oct 12, 2012 11:40 am

This thread is now back following a mod discussion.

Back to top Go down
Mock Cuncher

Mock Cuncher

PostSubject: Re: Raising Money and Abuse - A salitary Tale!   Raising Money and Abuse - A salitary Tale! EmptyFri Oct 12, 2012 11:47 am

I think the thread can continue so long as it discusses the money raised masking other issues, rather than a direct comparison between someone you don't like on the internet and a high profile child abuser...
Back to top Go down
http://wrongunatlongon.wordpress.com/

PostSubject: Re: Raising Money and Abuse - A salitary Tale!   Raising Money and Abuse - A salitary Tale! EmptyFri Oct 12, 2012 12:32 pm

There is a simple answer to the question in that no matter what the status or public perception of somebody is there is no excuse to bury a suspicion or allegations.

What I find hard to swallow in all of this is the number of people and organisations who appear to have done nothing despite a certain amount of evidence and allegations out there. The Police were aware and seem to have done nothing. The BBC appear to have had more than a bit of evidence and did nothing. Even worse the staff in Hospitals appear to have known as almost common knowledge and did nothing. This isn't an oversight of something this is an epidemic of huge proportions.

Simply nobody but nobody is too big or famous for something like this to be ignored. It also seems that even our glorious Press did nothing. The chickens are going to come home to roost with this story and there are going to be people who are hammered for their unwillingness to act. Absolutely and 100% deserved
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Raising Money and Abuse - A salitary Tale!   Raising Money and Abuse - A salitary Tale! EmptyFri Oct 12, 2012 12:33 pm

There is a simple answer to the question in that no matter what the status or public perception of somebody is there is no excuse to bury a suspicion or allegations.

What I find hard to swallow in all of this is the number of people and organisations who appear to have done nothing despite a certain amount of evidence and allegations out there. The Police were aware and seem to have done nothing. The BBC appear to have had more than a bit of evidence and did nothing. Even worse the staff in Hospitals appear to have known as almost common knowledge and did nothing. This isn't an oversight of something this is an epidemic of huge proportions.

Simply nobody but nobody is too big or famous for something like this to be ignored. It also seems that even our glorious Press did nothing. The chickens are going to come home to roost with this story and there are going to be people who are hammered for their unwillingness to act. Absolutely and 100% deserved and they should hang their heads in shame.
Back to top Go down
pepsipete

pepsipete

PostSubject: Re: Raising Money and Abuse - A salitary Tale!   Raising Money and Abuse - A salitary Tale! EmptyFri Oct 12, 2012 12:39 pm

bit like the church and abuse. hide it away, pretend it never happened.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Raising Money and Abuse - A salitary Tale!   Raising Money and Abuse - A salitary Tale! EmptyFri Oct 12, 2012 2:22 pm

Sensiblegreeny wrote:

The 'rich and powerful' have been getting away with blue murder ever since rich and powerful was invented. They're only hauled into public view, when, either they're dead, or there's other in fighting going on around the court.
As it happens the age of consent was brought into being in this country for this very reason. Rich and influential people, squires and the like were just bagging any young girl that moved in their locale, with families often afraid to say anything for fear of losing their job and the roof over their head.

The horrible subject of child abuse apart, charitable 'work' and patronage has always been a thing that various horrible people have taken refuge in for all sorts of reasons. Just look at the joke of Phil the greek and his World Wildlife Fund patronage, while all along, he was delighted to pop any animal that breathed in his vacinity ... and in the name of sport if you ever... it wasn't as if he couldn't afford to feed himself.
I'm not aware of any 'charitable' goings on connected with Argyle over the last few years, apart from the Trust collecting for the poor food bank, and armed forces folk collecting for injured soldiers.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Raising Money and Abuse - A salitary Tale!   Raising Money and Abuse - A salitary Tale! EmptyFri Oct 12, 2012 9:51 pm

[quote="Nick Wall"]Bollocks Red Star. I'm sure that this moral question has been posted by yourself on other forums that you are a member of...?

[/quoI have not made any mention about Nick Barron on this thread or made mention of his name on any other, even Pasoti, of which I am a member.
te]
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Raising Money and Abuse - A salitary Tale!   Raising Money and Abuse - A salitary Tale! EmptyFri Oct 12, 2012 10:04 pm

How is Trapdoor anyway Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Highwayman

Highwayman

PostSubject: Re: Raising Money and Abuse - A salitary Tale!   Raising Money and Abuse - A salitary Tale! EmptyFri Oct 12, 2012 11:15 pm

[quote="The Red Star"]
Nick Wall wrote:
Bollocks Red Star. I'm sure that this moral question has been posted by yourself on other forums that you are a member of...?

[/quoI have not made any mention about Nick Barron on this thread or made mention of his name on any other, even Pasoti, of which I am a member.
te]

This wasn't you then in the coincidence thread then Red

The Red Star

Subject: Re: Coincidence? Mon Oct 08, 2012 7:49 pm

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

YankeeGreen wrote:
Come on then mouth, who am I? Get it right i'll admit it.

"Are you Mr Nicholas Barron? "
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

PostSubject: Re: Raising Money and Abuse - A salitary Tale!   Raising Money and Abuse - A salitary Tale! EmptySat Oct 13, 2012 5:05 am

Sensiblegreeny wrote:

Really?

So if I made an allegation that you are are a racist, homophobic, child molesting, Islam hating, facist loving, Jew killing, mental retard... Because I had a 'suspicion', that would be alright?

You gotta change your name.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Raising Money and Abuse - A salitary Tale!   Raising Money and Abuse - A salitary Tale! EmptySat Oct 13, 2012 6:42 am

Rickler wrote:
Sensiblegreeny wrote:

Really?

So if I made an allegation that you are are a racist, homophobic, child molesting, Islam hating, facist loving, Jew killing, mental retard... Because I had a 'suspicion', that would be alright?

You gotta change your name.

Rickler can't read. If someone does lots of good things, it doesn't mean that if they've done something bad that the bad thing shouldn't be dealt with.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Raising Money and Abuse - A salitary Tale!   Raising Money and Abuse - A salitary Tale! EmptySat Oct 13, 2012 5:12 pm

I suggest you change your name and I reckon "Tickler" might suit. It's something you might find on a bellend. So taking your argument to it's logical conclusion then if an allegation is made or a suggestion is there that you might have done something then this is not looked into because you happen to be rich or famous then? Priceless.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Raising Money and Abuse - A salitary Tale!   Raising Money and Abuse - A salitary Tale! EmptySat Oct 13, 2012 8:42 pm

So, how else do you think this Saville character got away with this systemic child abuse over decades ? .....luck ?
You need to get real, and listen to the people that deal with this sort of crime day in day out.
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: Raising Money and Abuse - A salitary Tale!   Raising Money and Abuse - A salitary Tale! EmptySat Oct 13, 2012 9:00 pm

I don't believe that Saville was the only one up to no good. I fear that the repercussions of all of this will be extremely far ranging. He seemed to think he was free to act as he pleased and you have to wonder how he could be so confident. It is becoming all too clear that the establishment, for want of a better word, is riddled with corruption in ways beyond our willdest suspicions. What have we had so far? Off the top of my head there is Libor, Jimmy Saville, Milly Dowler, MPs expenses and Hillsborough. So that is the banking system, Parliament, the Police, The Press, the Courts, Football and light entertainment which are shown to exist simply to protect their own interests and bollocks to those who trust and rely upon them for "justice" or even decencey. Britain used to consider itself to be better than most countries but it is probably the most bananaey republic of the lot.
Back to top Go down
http://sicparvismagna.com

PostSubject: Re: Raising Money and Abuse - A salitary Tale!   Raising Money and Abuse - A salitary Tale! EmptySat Oct 13, 2012 9:29 pm

It does seem that all Government or the Establishment or whatever name you want to give it is the same the whole World over. It may vary slightly in degree but it is the same nonetheless. The problem you have is that those that seek to change it, if successful, then become the Government and are corrupted by the power of it all in the name of self interest. A never ending circle with the not so rich and powerful caught on the merry-go-round.
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: Raising Money and Abuse - A salitary Tale!   Raising Money and Abuse - A salitary Tale! EmptySat Oct 13, 2012 9:33 pm

I think it is worse than that. Far worse. It is more pervasive. It isnt just government.
Back to top Go down
http://sicparvismagna.com

PostSubject: Re: Raising Money and Abuse - A salitary Tale!   Raising Money and Abuse - A salitary Tale! EmptySat Oct 13, 2012 9:40 pm

Human nature of some, sadly.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Raising Money and Abuse - A salitary Tale!   Raising Money and Abuse - A salitary Tale! Empty

Back to top Go down

Raising Money and Abuse - A salitary Tale!
Page 1 of 1