Mock Cuncher
Cornish Chris
argyl3
18 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
Dick Trickle

Albion in administration - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Albion in administration   Albion in administration - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 07, 2015 7:58 pm

Angry wrote:
Mock Cuncher wrote:
Chris Webb should take a walking holiday in the Muff to see if he can offer a helping hand.

too busy with beano article he writes for brents herald and his mates wife atm to help.

affraid
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Albion in administration   Albion in administration - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 07, 2015 8:01 pm

Dick Trickle wrote:
Angry wrote:
Mock Cuncher wrote:
Chris Webb should take a walking holiday in the Muff to see if he can offer a helping hand.

too busy with beano article he writes for brents herald and his mates wife atm to help.

affraid

good ole darren purse's ex its common knowledge despite the usual suspects brushing it under the carpet Basketball
Back to top Go down
argyl3

argyl3

PostSubject: Re: Albion in administration   Albion in administration - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 07, 2015 8:46 pm

Brick fields would make a nice site for a cinema and ice rink its mostly developed now.. Perhaps the university are moving in??

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Albion in administration   Albion in administration - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 07, 2015 8:49 pm

argyl3 wrote:
Brick fields would make a nice site for a cinema and ice rink its mostly developed now.. Perhaps the university are moving in??

I believe they are interested. Which will leave Albion homeless if they recover.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Albion in administration   Albion in administration - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 07, 2015 9:11 pm

Angry wrote:
argyl3 wrote:

I believe they are interested. Which will leave Albion homeless if they recover.

They could share the Rectory. It was always my favourite ground to play on and is still in good condition.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Albion in administration   Albion in administration - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 07, 2015 9:17 pm

Frank Bullitt wrote:
Angry wrote:
argyl3 wrote:

They could share the Rectory. It was always my favourite ground to play on and is still in good condition.

they probably will do frank certainly would be more viable to play there than carry on at brickfields untill their finances and crowd numbers go up.
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

PostSubject: Re: Albion in administration   Albion in administration - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 07, 2015 10:46 pm

what nutcase is gonna lend albion 250k ?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Albion in administration   Albion in administration - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 07, 2015 11:07 pm

Elias wrote:
what nutcase is gonna lend albion 250k ?

its a club with alot of history it would be a shame that egos and small minded jannars at the helm destroyed it becasue they were too stubborn to admit they couldnt take the club any further without damaging it long term ala staplewallet.
Back to top Go down
green_genie

green_genie

PostSubject: Re: Albion in administration   Albion in administration - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 08, 2015 7:40 am

Frank Bullitt wrote:
Angry wrote:
argyl3 wrote:

Been a while since you've been to The Rec Frank?

The main stand has been condemned and was due to be demolished.
Luckily the Senior Navy Officer who was supposed to sign this off is a Services' member and has told Estates to draw up plans for a replacement.
Even then the facilities wouldn't be adequate if Albion want to compete at Championship level.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Albion in administration   Albion in administration - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 08, 2015 12:22 pm

green_genie wrote:
Frank Bullitt wrote:
Angry wrote:
argyl3 wrote:

Been a while since you've been to The Rec Frank?

The main stand has been condemned and was due to be demolished.
Luckily the Senior Navy Officer who was supposed to sign this off is a Services' member and has told Estates to draw up plans for a replacement.
Even then the facilities wouldn't be adequate if Albion want to compete at Championship level.

As the clown said yesterday in his press conference Albion will be playing park rugby if they dont raise the money so the Rec will be perfect for them then sadly.
Back to top Go down
green_genie

green_genie

PostSubject: Re: Albion in administration   Albion in administration - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 08, 2015 12:57 pm

From PARFC unofficial forum

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Quote :
The inaugural supporters group meeting will be held on Wednesday 21st January at 6.00pm in the Treasury ( upstairs ). The plan is to agree the formation of an independent ' trust ' as happened at Argyle. The Argyle Fans Trust have offered to help so I am hoping for a speaker so they can tell us how they did it. The bar will be open.

This meeting will go ahead, irrespective of news or not from the Club itself.

Somebody send them the TedX link.

As an aside, Argyle chairman James Brent could be involved in his role as Chair of University who have previously offered sponsorship in exchange for the Brickfields lease.

edit to add. Somebody has made the PCC link.

Plymouth City Council recently funded Plymouth Argyle to the sum of £800k as it was deemed by them to be essential the city continued to have a professional football team. I believe Argyle pick up a crowd of circa 7,000 Plymothian's for a home match compared with Albion's circa 1,500. If we pro-rata the council's payment to Argyle then it equates to £115 per 'match day attendee' so I'd say it is only fair PCC consider an offer of £150k to support Albion?? wrote:

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Albion in administration   Albion in administration - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 08, 2015 1:08 pm

Frank Bullitt wrote:
Angry wrote:
argyl3 wrote:

Could never understand why that great little ground wasn't taken on by Albion before moving to Brickfields.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Albion in administration   Albion in administration - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 08, 2015 1:31 pm

Person Of Interest wrote:
Frank Bullitt wrote:
Angry wrote:
argyl3 wrote:

Could never understand why that great little ground wasn't taken on by Albion before moving to Brickfields.

too small and its not championship standard. Albion were on a high and aiming for the prem back then and brickfields could meet their requirements at the time. The rec is a good ground it would be ideal for albion now givven they will never grace the prem and losing fans at games.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Albion in administration   Albion in administration - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 08, 2015 2:48 pm

You could build them a mini stand Angers.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Albion in administration   Albion in administration - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 08, 2015 3:15 pm

Iggy wrote:
You could build them a mini stand Angers.

probably could but i dont want to distrupt the residents sea views by doing so
Back to top Go down
PatDunne

PostSubject: Re: Albion in administration   Albion in administration - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 08, 2015 3:50 pm

There must be some 'motivational' speaker who can save them............
Back to top Go down
AstiSpumante

AstiSpumante

PostSubject: Re: Albion in administration   Albion in administration - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 08, 2015 4:09 pm

It does seem slightly unfair with all the help PCC have given Argyle, most recently the £800k loan that they don't seem to be willing to bung a couple hundred grand at Albion to at least save them until the end of the season and give them a chance of finding other investors, they too must be of some commercial benefit to the city albeit on a smaller scale than Argyle and it would be a pity if they were allowed to die.

PS...please don't say the council can't afford it, they waste bigger sums than that without blinking, the bizarre flood defence wall on the Embankment, unnecessary traffic calming, road narrowing chicanery here, there and every 'kin where Johnny Hore, Johnny Hore. Advisers and consultants FFS.

PPS...I hate rugby.
Back to top Go down
PatDunne

PostSubject: Re: Albion in administration   Albion in administration - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 08, 2015 4:50 pm

The Embankment Tidal Flood Defence Wall cost £340,000 and was funded by the Environment Agency as a Flood Defence Grant in Aid (GIA).
Back to top Go down
AstiSpumante

AstiSpumante

PostSubject: Re: Albion in administration   Albion in administration - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 08, 2015 4:54 pm

What a steal that was then, about £2,000 a foot !!
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Albion in administration   Albion in administration - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 08, 2015 4:57 pm

Albion expecting a large crowd for Saturday game, they have put out an appeal for volunteers to man the gates, carpark ect. Even my brother a Man U supporter is going.

Rumour

A white night has offer £125,000 if someone or a group come's with the rest.

Last edited by Tgwu on Thu Jan 08, 2015 5:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
AstiSpumante

AstiSpumante

PostSubject: Re: Albion in administration   Albion in administration - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 08, 2015 5:04 pm

Plaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaastics Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Albion in administration   Albion in administration - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 08, 2015 6:55 pm

Fans reunited anyone? Fill yer knicker with stickers!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Albion in administration   Albion in administration - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 08, 2015 7:11 pm

Iggy wrote:
Fans reunited anyone? Fill yer knicker with stickers!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

here is a link to donate to albion to try and raise the cash should anyone wish to do so.

For £50,000 they'll name the east stand after you

Last edited by Angry on Thu Jan 08, 2015 7:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
AstiSpumante

AstiSpumante

PostSubject: Re: Albion in administration   Albion in administration - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 08, 2015 7:12 pm

Get the buckets out !!!!!!
Back to top Go down
green_genie

green_genie

PostSubject: Re: Albion in administration   Albion in administration - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 09, 2015 8:15 am

Hopefully talk of a takeover rather than sticking plaster for current regime.

PCC stating how important Albion are tot he city, but no mention of a 0.9% loan to bail them out.

## 'erald link ##
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Albion in administration   Albion in administration - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Albion in administration
Page 2 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next