mouldyoldgoat
HBLC
Chemical Ali
Charlie Wood
Mock Cuncher
10 posters
AuthorMessage

HMV going into administration Empty
PostSubject: HMV going into administration   HMV going into administration EmptyTue Jan 15, 2013 6:49 am

4350 jobs at risk.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Mock Cuncher

Mock Cuncher

PostSubject: Re: HMV going into administration   HMV going into administration EmptyTue Jan 15, 2013 12:28 pm

Fookin bastards ain't honouring my £5 gift card.

I would have cried myself ter sleep when I heard last night, but I had downloaded loadsa films on the internut over the weekend so was able ter keep my mind off this sickening theft.
Back to top Go down
http://wrongunatlongon.wordpress.com/

PostSubject: Re: HMV going into administration   HMV going into administration EmptyTue Jan 15, 2013 1:38 pm

Mock Cuncher wrote:
Fookin bastards ain't honouring my £5 gift card.

I would have cried myself ter sleep when I heard last night, but I had downloaded loadsa films on the internut over the weekend so was able ter keep my mind off this sickening theft.

lol! I always find them expensive anyway unless you can find anything decent in their 3 for a tenner sale. And the staff in the Bath store are all smarmy fuckers, well one or two of them are and will easily get jobs in Games Workshop, they look like nerds.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: HMV going into administration   HMV going into administration EmptyTue Jan 15, 2013 1:57 pm

Greenjock wrote:
4350 jobs at risk.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

That must be a record.

Ta ta
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: HMV going into administration   HMV going into administration EmptyTue Jan 15, 2013 1:57 pm

Thank god for CEX
Back to top Go down
Charlie Wood

Charlie Wood

PostSubject: Re: HMV going into administration   HMV going into administration EmptyTue Jan 15, 2013 4:53 pm

Won't be long before there's no fooking shops on the high street.

I'll be alright though, I do all my shopping sitting on my arse in my lounge.

PS Ironic post
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: HMV going into administration   HMV going into administration EmptyTue Jan 15, 2013 5:06 pm

Pc world will be next the robing gits I went down there today to get a network cable for a Grandson £3.99 on their website and in stock, not so but we have got these at £19.99. So I have orderd one from Amazon £2.80 post free
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: HMV going into administration   HMV going into administration EmptyTue Jan 15, 2013 5:34 pm

there will be a major casualty on the high streets within two years if they dont start tto make worthwhile profits and that is M&S. Not that they will be missed (bar the food in which they can rebrand into a supermarket)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: HMV going into administration   HMV going into administration EmptyTue Jan 15, 2013 5:49 pm

Jessops recently as well.

It's almost every week you see a shop being boarded up or a closing down sale and you see so many pound shops or charity shops replacing them, but there also seems to be many more expensive stores as well.

It would appear that the rich are getting richer and the middle class/working class are really feeling the pinch. Bleddy robbing Tories, luckily I'm a millionaire and have just been handed tax breaks that mean an extra £105,000 a year for me Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Chemical Ali

PostSubject: Re: HMV going into administration   HMV going into administration EmptyTue Jan 15, 2013 5:55 pm

Ah feck it I got a £10 HMV giftcard for Christmas (sorry to be flippant, hope something can be done to prevent the job losses).
Back to top Go down
HBLC

HBLC

PostSubject: Re: HMV going into administration   HMV going into administration EmptyTue Jan 15, 2013 6:33 pm

No idea where I'm going to get posters of shite films and boy bands now.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: HMV going into administration   HMV going into administration EmptyTue Jan 15, 2013 6:48 pm

Last time I bought anything in HMV must of been around 120 years ago.

Now I just sit on moi fat arrrrrrrse and download a film if I'm bored.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] pig
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: HMV going into administration   HMV going into administration EmptyTue Jan 15, 2013 7:02 pm

I have never thought they were very good. I'm surprised they have lasted this long!

PepsiPete Forecasting League Champion 2016-17

He was behind me at Charlton!  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Now an officially semi retired old fart! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Jethro

Jethro

PostSubject: Re: HMV going into administration   HMV going into administration EmptyTue Jan 15, 2013 8:36 pm

I haven't bought anything from HMV for 2 years too expensive use amazon more.
Back to top Go down
Mapperley, darling

Mapperley, darling

PostSubject: Re: HMV going into administration   HMV going into administration EmptyWed Jan 16, 2013 10:14 am

tax dodgers, amazon that is
Back to top Go down
http://www.nicegarden.co.uk
LondonGreen

LondonGreen

PostSubject: Re: HMV going into administration   HMV going into administration EmptyWed Jan 16, 2013 10:50 am

Only relatively good thing about HMV was the ability to browse (and then buy off Amazon / iTunes Very Happy )

Remember buying my first ever tape from HMV (Three Lions 96 version obvs. None of that 98 rubbish)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: HMV going into administration   HMV going into administration EmptyWed Jan 16, 2013 5:30 pm

Unless you want mainstream music, HMV are/were crap!

Did you know that the company that eventually became HMV produced typewriters?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: HMV going into administration   HMV going into administration EmptyWed Jan 16, 2013 5:50 pm

blockbusters are going very soon. I am amazed they havent got with the times and went online instead.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: HMV going into administration   HMV going into administration EmptyWed Jan 16, 2013 6:12 pm

Angry of Mayfair wrote:
blockbusters are going very soon. I am amazed they havent got with the times and went online instead.

The man's a genius!

Blockbusters link.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: HMV going into administration   HMV going into administration EmptyWed Jan 16, 2013 6:33 pm

The only shops that will be left will be the ones that don't pay any tax.

I just love the way Europe works and I can understand why the yanks want us to stick with it, it's the yank companies that are the ones not paying any tax! I can also understand why most of Europe want us to stick with it, after all, every empire needs an army to take care of its foreign interest.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: HMV going into administration   HMV going into administration EmptyWed Jan 16, 2013 6:48 pm

Blockbuster going under is hardly a surprise with lovefilm, netflix etc. What puzzles me is how the directors of blockbuster justified wages as they watched these other services snatch most of their customers while they already had the contacts, the films and the customers details on their database?

As an aside, lovefilm don't like you leaving, they keep taking payments even after you cancel your account. A work colleague had a nightmare trying to stop them taking money off her card. In the end she had to close her bank account and start another one with a different bank.
Back to top Go down
Mock Cuncher

Mock Cuncher

PostSubject: Re: HMV going into administration   HMV going into administration EmptyWed Jan 16, 2013 6:55 pm

Lovefilm are awful for leaving tbf.
Back to top Go down
http://wrongunatlongon.wordpress.com/
Rise

PostSubject: Re: HMV going into administration   HMV going into administration EmptyThu Jan 17, 2013 4:50 pm

Happy Daze wrote:
Pc world will be next the robing gits I went down there today to get a network cable for a Grandson £3.99 on their website and in stock, not so but we have got these at £19.99. So I have orderd one from Amazon £2.80 post free

Comet folding last month was only a stay-of-execution for Dixons Group I believe.

The only surprise with HMV and Blockbuster was that they made it this far.

The stand-alone bricks and mortar stores really are all trying to fit into a space which has already shrunk ireversibly, and is only going to get smaller meaning many more are going to go pop. Largely because to the last they remain transfixed with fad-advertising and shallow price-points rather than concentrating on revision and rejuvinating the "in-person" retail experience.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: HMV going into administration   HMV going into administration EmptyThu Jan 17, 2013 5:16 pm

My wife and I are going to buy a new cooker this year when she has decided which one I like.

My point being we want to be able to actually see the thing and poke it about a bit rather than order it off the internet it's now getting harder to do this
Back to top Go down
pepsipete

pepsipete

PostSubject: Re: HMV going into administration   HMV going into administration EmptyThu Jan 17, 2013 5:57 pm

I can see W H Smith going soon.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: HMV going into administration   HMV going into administration Empty

Back to top Go down

HMV going into administration
Page 1 of 1