Plymouth Argyle Talk - Democratic

The 'ONLY' Independent Internet Forum for Argyle Fans

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

POSSIBLE HEREFORD ADMINISTRATION..

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage

POSSIBLE HEREFORD ADMINISTRATION.. Empty
PostSubject: POSSIBLE HEREFORD ADMINISTRATION..   POSSIBLE HEREFORD ADMINISTRATION.. EmptySat Mar 17, 2012 10:20 pm

I don't think I'd wish Admin on anyone, not even my worst enemy. (Even Exeter FC - tho' they've done me no harm personally). Smile
It has pulled the guts out of PAFC, maybe even caused the split between the fans so we have two "warring" factions both hoping for the best. Sad
I am absolutely disappointed with some of the comments over there. Evil or Very Mad

http://www.pasoti.co.uk/talk/viewtopic.php?f=30&t=65024

Not sure my money will go through the turnstiles/shope etc if they keep this up.

Read and weep.

Merv Plummer

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: POSSIBLE HEREFORD ADMINISTRATION..   POSSIBLE HEREFORD ADMINISTRATION.. EmptySat Mar 17, 2012 10:52 pm

I think you are being very harsh. some people are sympathetic, most are saying that if this can save us great. I'm betting people on this site have different views. Not a valid point to beat PASOTI with this.

Not cruel, just thinking of number one. Don't forget we got relegated last season purely because of the 10 points. If we are saved this year then surely that is luck evening itself out. As supporters it is not our fault the club has been run by fuckwits.

Would I like us to go on a 6 game winning run? of course. Would I take survival through Hereford going into admin, you bet.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: POSSIBLE HEREFORD ADMINISTRATION..   POSSIBLE HEREFORD ADMINISTRATION.. EmptySat Mar 17, 2012 11:08 pm

Ive heard this a few times now..can anyone confirm or deny if that is the case or otherwise?

And i dont mean by providing links to crapotti
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: POSSIBLE HEREFORD ADMINISTRATION..   POSSIBLE HEREFORD ADMINISTRATION.. EmptySat Mar 17, 2012 11:20 pm

The BBC football website had an article on the other day about the "persisting rumours" that Hereford were a step away from Admin. They interviewed their Chairman who basically said that they were running on almost empty cash wise and were going from match to match. He also said no Admin in the planning. They had not gotten as many through the gates as anticipated probably due to the shit season. They are likely to break the FL rule on 55% on wages because of it. Between the lines it looks like Admin could happen given Chairman's liberal use of the truth generally and no idea what sanctions there are if any regarding breaking the rules. Think that depends on how badly they have done it and if it seems deliberate.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: POSSIBLE HEREFORD ADMINISTRATION..   POSSIBLE HEREFORD ADMINISTRATION.. EmptySun Mar 18, 2012 12:10 am

I think, reading the posts, that the majority on the other side are rubbing their hands in anticipation.

If we can do it on our own merit then good if not:

I think that Que sera sera -

What I don't understand is the dancing on the grave.

Bedtime now. Too old.

Merv Plummer
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: POSSIBLE HEREFORD ADMINISTRATION..   POSSIBLE HEREFORD ADMINISTRATION.. EmptySun Mar 18, 2012 6:34 am

I don't think it's dancing on graves Merv, more potential relief at escaping non-league football. Who benefitted from our 10 point penalty last season..was it Walsall? I bet they were delighted we went into administration, not to cause us distress but for what it meant for them.

Of course (before Freathy steams in) it is an absolute disgrace that a city of this size is relying on the financial mismanagement of a nearly Taff market town to survive in English football's league structure. Smile
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: POSSIBLE HEREFORD ADMINISTRATION..   POSSIBLE HEREFORD ADMINISTRATION.. EmptySun Mar 18, 2012 7:39 am

Nick Wall wrote:
I don't think it's dancing on graves Merv, more potential relief at escaping non-league football. Who benefitted from our 10 point penalty last season..was it Walsall? I bet they were delighted we went into administration, not to cause us distress but for what it meant for them.

Of course (before Freathy steams in) it is an absolute disgrace that a city of this size is relying on the financial mismanagement of a nearly Taff market town to survive in English football's league structure. Smile

Careful Nick. That's bigger picture stuff. Just be glad you've still got your Argo, or youuuum naaaaaat a praaaaaaper faaaan.
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: POSSIBLE HEREFORD ADMINISTRATION..   POSSIBLE HEREFORD ADMINISTRATION.. EmptySun Mar 18, 2012 9:31 am

If by some miracle we avoid being ejected from the football league either by scraping one more point than some other shit team or by Hereford going into adminsitration I'm sure jubiliation and celebration will reign among the Avivas as they look forward to Accrington and Morcambe again and maybe even their ultimate wet dream devon derby agaunst Exeter. However, it should be a time for the fans to get very angry and make brent very aware that this ain't good enough. And that if he's not immediately going to invest in the playing side to get us back up to the Championship then he must immediately put the club up for sale and do a proper marketing job aimed at those who will invest.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: POSSIBLE HEREFORD ADMINISTRATION..   POSSIBLE HEREFORD ADMINISTRATION.. EmptySun Mar 18, 2012 10:02 am

Freathy wrote:
If by some miracle we avoid being ejected from the football league either by scraping one more point than some other shit team or by Hereford going into adminsitration I'm sure jubiliation and celebration will reign among the Avivas as they look forward to Accrington and Morcambe again and maybe even their ultimate wet dream devon derby agaunst Exeter. However, it should be a time for the fans to get very angry and make brent very aware that this ain't good enough. And that if he's not immediately going to invest in the playing side to get us back up to the Championship then he must immediately put the club up for sale and do a proper marketing job aimed at those who will invest.

Well I'll be celebrating for sure . We'll have a chance to regroup and put in a proper preseason . From there we look upwards and climb the League . Apologies for the optimism . Its a miracle we still hace a Club . Just stay up and start again . We have no divine right to be in a better position than any other Club in this Country . We have to work hard to rebuild the Club .
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: POSSIBLE HEREFORD ADMINISTRATION..   POSSIBLE HEREFORD ADMINISTRATION.. EmptySun Mar 18, 2012 10:21 am

If we do stay up I'll be celebrating like we've won the league. Then I want to see some real investment and ambition, starting with a real management team. My fear is we stay up by the skin of our teeth and Fletcher is treated like some kind of super manager and kept on. If this happens, he will be given time next season and if it doesn't work out probably half a season will have gone by and it will mean another year in this god forsaken league.

We have Bristol rovers, Northampton, Bradford, Hereford and Aldershot up next. No disrespect, but with our players and support, these games should be a doddle and we should be safe by the time we go to Swindon. It won't pan out like that though. Our players are good enough to win every one of the next 5 games if we struggle it will be down to Fletcher.
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: POSSIBLE HEREFORD ADMINISTRATION..   POSSIBLE HEREFORD ADMINISTRATION.. EmptySun Mar 18, 2012 7:44 pm

pafcineurope wrote:

I think, reading the posts, that the majority on the other side are rubbing their hands in anticipation.

If we can do it on our own merit then good if not:

I think that Que sera sera -

What I don't understand is the dancing on the grave.

Bedtime now. Too old.

Merv Plummer

The other side has removed their post
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: POSSIBLE HEREFORD ADMINISTRATION..   POSSIBLE HEREFORD ADMINISTRATION.. EmptySun Mar 18, 2012 8:02 pm

Thing is, let's say Hereford go into admin. That's them nailed to 24th place. I'm not convinced we are good enough to avoid 23rd on our own merit with the run we have.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: POSSIBLE HEREFORD ADMINISTRATION..   POSSIBLE HEREFORD ADMINISTRATION.. EmptySun Mar 18, 2012 8:52 pm

Spending money on wages that you don't have is a recipe for Administration as every single club knows before it does it. Everytime a club goes into Admin another club benefits as did one or several when it happened here. I would not rejoice in another club hitting the skids but I will be happy for Argyle to stay in this league for next season. Not talking about another club being liquidated to save us just being docked points. If Hereford went into the BSP then they would just have to re-group and fight their way back up as we would have to do do I see no difference there. We paid a heavy price for mismanagement so why should another club not do the same.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: POSSIBLE HEREFORD ADMINISTRATION..   POSSIBLE HEREFORD ADMINISTRATION.. EmptyMon Mar 19, 2012 9:41 am

I wouldn't wish what we went through on any club, or more importantly any small local supplier to their local club to take a hit like ours did. If Hereford do go down that route though I must admit I would give an involuntary little yeh as it would mean our exit from the league would be a little less likely and I think we have suffered enough now.
Back to top Go down
Sandford_Grecian

Sandford_Grecian

Location : Looking into the eyes of the beholder, and all I can see are £££££ signs :-)

PostSubject: Re: POSSIBLE HEREFORD ADMINISTRATION..   POSSIBLE HEREFORD ADMINISTRATION.. EmptyMon Mar 19, 2012 12:32 pm

I think the 'Cult Of Personality' mispelt their 1st name somewhat lol!

And here's me, hoping for 4 teams to go into admin in league 1, this season affraid lol!

See you next season aviva's jocolor
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/sandford_merlin

PostSubject: Re: POSSIBLE HEREFORD ADMINISTRATION..   POSSIBLE HEREFORD ADMINISTRATION.. EmptyTue Mar 20, 2012 7:39 pm

Here's a link about Rangers. At the bottom is a link to Radio 5 podcast. Very interesting. Mr Guilfoyle is on it......

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/17440413

Merv Plummer
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: POSSIBLE HEREFORD ADMINISTRATION..   POSSIBLE HEREFORD ADMINISTRATION.. EmptyWed Mar 21, 2012 8:33 am

I would have said that Hereford are looking more and more likely to go into admin. now. Each place lower down the league is adding to the inevitability of it their crowds must take a hit with every defeat, I am hoping that we have hit rock bottom and are slowly turning it around, don't think that you can say the same about Hereford, you have to feel for them really. Also my Grandfather had a really nice Hereford bull.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: POSSIBLE HEREFORD ADMINISTRATION..   POSSIBLE HEREFORD ADMINISTRATION.. Empty

Back to top Go down

POSSIBLE HEREFORD ADMINISTRATION..
Page 1 of 1