green_genie
sufferedsince 68
Lord Tisdale
Cornish Chris
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage

Grimes to Swansea for 1.75 Million - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Grimes to Swansea for 1.75 Million   Grimes to Swansea for 1.75 Million - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 01, 2015 12:39 am

Lord Tisdale wrote:
green_genie wrote:
Tis,

Is the lad a tale developer? Amazed he's got to this stage without being tapped up like ours who look able to cut it at top table... LLoyd Jones at 15, Christian Walton and Jack Stephens for examples.

Not really, he isn't the big strong type so probably didn't get noticed like some at an even earlier age, he is though very talented, great vision and an excellent passer, not to mention a fantastic free kick taker, Swansea is the perfect club for him as he will get a chance and will fit into their style.

I too think 1.75 bar is a bit heavy but I would guess that is a package price conditional on appearances, which may mean we shall not be getting it all any time soon, if ever.

Reckon tis will see any of that money for signings?
Back to top Go down
Lord Tisdale

Lord Tisdale

PostSubject: Re: Grimes to Swansea for 1.75 Million   Grimes to Swansea for 1.75 Million - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 01, 2015 12:39 am

ejh wrote:
Lord Tisdale wrote:
Nice to see you Gargs keeping an eye on your betters, Grimesinho is a very talented lad, I don't recall Hourihane getting England U20s caps, and he isn't averse to putting his foot in, probably too much so for his stature.

The money, which of course wasn't cash in a brown paper bag or it would already be in Tagg's sky rocket, will come in very handy, although we aren't heavily in debt times have been hard of late, we need to sell to survive and Tisdale is feckin useless at spotting or developing talent. It would be nice if most of this money were used to knock down the old grandstand and build a small covered terrace along with a similar effort on the away end, that could easily give us a capacity of 10k along with far better facilities for both home and visitiing fans which was cheap to maintain and would be sustainable for generations, continuing to have a club is the important thing.

Not happening though, Tagg, Tizzer and Perriwinkle will have a nice drink out of it then spunk the rest on disruptive drunks like Noble and lazy ass wankers like Harley.

Don't hold that against him will you? - As that may be due to the fact Hourihane was born in Ireland to Irish parents and Irish grandparents.

A fair point, I quite liked him as a player but he ain't no Grimesinho, some players have just got that little summat extra.
Back to top Go down
Lord Tisdale

Lord Tisdale

PostSubject: Re: Grimes to Swansea for 1.75 Million   Grimes to Swansea for 1.75 Million - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 01, 2015 12:43 am

Angry wrote:
Lord Tisdale wrote:
green_genie wrote:
Tis,

Is the lad a tale developer? Amazed he's got to this stage without being tapped up like ours who look able to cut it at top table... LLoyd Jones at 15, Christian Walton and Jack Stephens for examples.

Not really, he isn't the big strong type so probably didn't get noticed like some at an even earlier age, he is though very talented, great vision and an excellent passer, not to mention a fantastic free kick taker, Swansea is the perfect club for him as he will get a chance and will fit into their style.

I too think 1.75 bar is a bit heavy but I would guess that is a package price conditional on appearances, which may mean we shall not be getting it all any time soon, if ever.

Reckon tis will see any of that money for signings?

Spent already on Harley, Noble, Morrison and Nicholls, two strikers and two midfielders when we are soooooooo shit at the back.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Grimes to Swansea for 1.75 Million   Grimes to Swansea for 1.75 Million - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 01, 2015 8:27 am

When you were getting beat by that non-league team in that live tv match it was crystal that Grimes was a future starlet. I agree too Swansea is a perfect type of club for him with the way they play and the set up they have.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Grimes to Swansea for 1.75 Million   Grimes to Swansea for 1.75 Million - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 01, 2015 8:37 am

Lord Tisdale wrote:
green_genie wrote:
Tis,

Like Harley did? lol!
Back to top Go down
Dick Trickle

PostSubject: Re: Grimes to Swansea for 1.75 Million   Grimes to Swansea for 1.75 Million - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 01, 2015 8:55 am

Josh Pope wrote:
Top of the Championship then. Not bad if they get promoted.

Squad player at the moment. Regular sub.
Back to top Go down
Motorservices

PostSubject: Re: Grimes to Swansea for 1.75 Million   Grimes to Swansea for 1.75 Million - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 01, 2015 11:14 am

by all accounts its 1.75 million, up front, no add ons at all, the money isnt needed to pay off debts and will be split into 3 groups, one group is for upping to a class 2 youth acadamy the other is playing budget and the 3rd is to cover if we have cash flow issues ala June

And how anyone can judge a player on one game is beyond me, last time we went out the cup to a side that low we went up.....................food for thought imho
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Grimes to Swansea for 1.75 Million   Grimes to Swansea for 1.75 Million - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 01, 2015 11:21 am

A nice windful for Exeter, any plans to spend some money on improving the ground?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Grimes to Swansea for 1.75 Million   Grimes to Swansea for 1.75 Million - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 01, 2015 11:46 am

Motorservices wrote:
by all accounts its 1.75 million, up front, no add ons at all, the money isnt needed to pay off debts and will be split into 3 groups, one group is for upping to a class 2 youth acadamy the other is playing budget and the 3rd is to cover if we have cash flow issues ala June

And how anyone can judge a player on one game is beyond me, last time we went out the cup to a side that low we went up.....................food for thought imho

Course it it. lol!

Only the super rich ie Man City or Chelsea pay the full value of a transfer up front.
Back to top Go down
Lord Tisdale

Lord Tisdale

PostSubject: Re: Grimes to Swansea for 1.75 Million   Grimes to Swansea for 1.75 Million - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 01, 2015 11:55 am

Hugh Watt wrote:
Lord Tisdale wrote:
green_genie wrote:
Tis,

Like Harley did? lol!

Harley still could do a job at a much higher level, a couple of things, he's a ginger, his head ain't there proper and he ain't no Grimesinho. I was never his biggest fan, imho he has caught the Tw@sdale bug bad and looks to play square and slow down the game too much, he has got most everything in his locker, he just doesn't bring it out to play often enough.

As it happens I am not over unhappy to see him back, he is 30 this month but has not played a whole load of games so there should still be some serious miles in his legs, at this level he will look a million dollars at times. hopefully for 90 mins agin you mob.
Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68

PostSubject: Re: Grimes to Swansea for 1.75 Million   Grimes to Swansea for 1.75 Million - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 01, 2015 11:55 am

Lovely big pay rise for perryman tisdale and the suits, the begging bowl will be back out again next summer for a loan from the pfa, admire anyone who supports exeter to be fair, but the long term future looks bleak, a bit like ours under jim.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Grimes to Swansea for 1.75 Million   Grimes to Swansea for 1.75 Million - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 01, 2015 11:59 am

Crying or Very sad
Lord Tisdale wrote:
Hugh Watt wrote:
Lord Tisdale wrote:
green_genie wrote:
Tis,

Like Harley did? lol!

Harley still could do a job at a much higher level, a couple of things, he's a ginger, his head ain't there proper and he ain't no Grimesinho. I was never his biggest fan, imho he has caught the Tw@sdale bug bad and looks to play square and slow down the game too much, he has got most everything in his locker, he just doesn't bring it out to play often enough.

As it happens I am not over unhappy to see him back, he is 30 this month but has not played a whole load of games so there should still be some serious miles in his legs, at this level he will look a million dollars at times. hopefully for 90 mins agin you mob.

I was a fan. If the lack of games hasn't affected his sharpness, ability to spot a pass and orchestrate play he should do a job.
Back to top Go down
Motorservices

PostSubject: Re: Grimes to Swansea for 1.75 Million   Grimes to Swansea for 1.75 Million - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 01, 2015 12:01 pm

Hugh Watt wrote:
Motorservices wrote:

Course it it. lol!

Only the super rich ie Man City or Chelsea pay the full value of a transfer up front.

TBH im not bothered if you believe it or not, they didnt want to loan back, they didnt want add ons, so the only way they can have him is 1.75 million up front

TBH id rather have taken half that, had a 10% add on and england call up fees and had him to the end of the season

We arent argyle when we sell we tend to get good deals, afterall this transfer is bigger than the man u game 10 yrs ago
Back to top Go down
Lord Tisdale

Lord Tisdale

PostSubject: Re: Grimes to Swansea for 1.75 Million   Grimes to Swansea for 1.75 Million - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 01, 2015 12:15 pm

Czarcasm wrote:
When you were getting beat by that non-league team in that live tv match it was crystal that Grimes was a future starlet. I agree too Swansea is a perfect type of club for him with the way they play and the set up they have.

Well I would suggest he was a current "starlet" and a "future" star.

The Warrington game did show up what a diamond he is in the attitude department, horrible night on an absolute pudding of a pitch yet he was the one trying to drag us out of the poo. No point comparing him to Powell at manure, Powell is fantastic but a muppet, Grimesinho is more of a Sean Goss who the Red Scum stole from us for a pittance and who is now in a position to break through into their first team squad, just as soon as one or three of their £40 million mercenaries go missing in the cold of Jan and Feb.
Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68

PostSubject: Re: Grimes to Swansea for 1.75 Million   Grimes to Swansea for 1.75 Million - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 01, 2015 12:30 pm

Is it april the first? no club is going to give a skint mickey mouse club 1.75 million up front for any player from the fourth division talented or otherwise! you probably got half a dozen footballs and a couple of signed swansea shirts if the truth was told! the only way you will get anything like that money is if chelsea etc buy him off swansea with some sort of sell on clause involved! anyway when were back in the championship in a few years( post jim) i fully expect to see him playing for argyle, like your last wunnderkid martin phillips:joker:

Last edited by sufferedsince 68 on Thu Jan 01, 2015 12:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Lord Tisdale

Lord Tisdale

PostSubject: Re: Grimes to Swansea for 1.75 Million   Grimes to Swansea for 1.75 Million - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 01, 2015 12:30 pm

sufferedsince 68 wrote:
Lovely big pay rise for perryman tisdale and the suits, the begging bowl will be back out again next summer for a loan from the pfa, admire anyone who supports exeter to be fair, but the long term future looks bleak, a bit like ours under jim.

Give it up Suffers, your cred hat has slipped down over your eyes.

We are having a far better season than many of us expected, as are you. Your defence has been excellent while ours has had a good run until recently plus we have both been scoring the odd goal here and there.

Nobody stands out in this League, Burton were a decentish side and Newport comfortably win the thug award with a mention for Stevo on that one, Wycombe don't get beat much and Luton are a big club, the second biggest, but Pompey are just fubar. Both of us have enough to hang in there, for us the play oofs look a possible, you boys might be in with a shout of the autos.

The money is a game changer, we lose about £300k a year when running a competitive player budget, albeit you would think winning a few games would bump the crowds a bit, this means we have a couple or three seasons to put together a decent squad. We need a couple of better defenders to be in with a decent shout, we shall of course be keeping the old begging bowl handy, amazing that you need such things when you actually pay for the little things, like your pitch.
Back to top Go down
Lord Tisdale

Lord Tisdale

PostSubject: Re: Grimes to Swansea for 1.75 Million   Grimes to Swansea for 1.75 Million - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 01, 2015 12:40 pm

Motorservices wrote:

TBH im not bothered if you believe it or not, they didnt want to loan back, they didnt want add ons, so the only way they can have him is 1.75 million up front

TBH id rather have taken half that,

Unfortunately I have to agree with the Garg, clubs don't pay upfront for anything, but that might be good as Tagg wont be able to nick it all at once.

It does seem a lot but he is an U20 international, that does put a premium on his head, only makes it worse that Tw@sdale is proving a point with Christy Pym, the fop has probably blown a quarter of million quid off the lad's value in the market.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Grimes to Swansea for 1.75 Million   Grimes to Swansea for 1.75 Million - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 01, 2015 1:10 pm

Motorservices wrote:
Hugh Watt wrote:
Motorservices wrote:

Course it it. lol!

TBH id rather have taken half that, had a 10% add on and england call up fees and had him to the end of the season

We arent argyle when we sell we tend to get good deals, afterall this transfer is bigger than the man u game 10 yrs ago

oh bless your little cotton socks. you really think this is your lot striking a hard headed great deal. laugh
How naive are you?

He's under 24 and as such your club gets a fixed level of compensation dictated by the FA. This has been inflated by the fact that he's a) an England cap and b) he's somehow slipped under the radar until now. He's also a once in a lifetime player who you've fortunate enough to see in your first team.

You also won't be getting that money at once, clubs like Swansea don't have a million odd lying to punt on a player who might be good but is unproven.
Back to top Go down
Motorservices

PostSubject: Re: Grimes to Swansea for 1.75 Million   Grimes to Swansea for 1.75 Million - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 01, 2015 4:42 pm

Hugh Watt wrote:
Motorservices wrote:
Hugh Watt wrote:
Motorservices wrote:

Course it it. lol!

oh bless your little cotton socks. you really think this is your lot striking a hard headed great deal. laugh
How naive are you?

He's under 24 and as such your club gets a fixed level of compensation dictated by the FA. This has been inflated by the fact that he's a) an England cap and b) he's somehow slipped under the radar until now. He's also a once in a lifetime player who you've fortunate enough to see in your first team.

You also won't be getting that money at once, clubs like Swansea don't have a million odd lying to punt on a player who might be good but is unproven.

it matters little that he is under 24, he has 18 MONTHS left on his contract

Oh bless your cotton socks, if only you knew what other 'gems' play in our youth setup, maybe then you wont look a complete cnut when the next gets sold for big money

it must be really hard for you gargs to get it in your heads, ITS UP FRONT no if in buts no installments, the offer was made, and paid over time, the club said then we want him back on loan, Swansea have held firm, 1.75 million no sell ons no nothing, tbh like i said i couldnt care what you lot think, and the club will never release it anyway, BUT end of year will show the figure

Bearing in 3 other prem sides tabled bids of around the same i dont really think Swansea were able to call custard on how the gets paid

but what would i know, its not like i sit in the boardroom................

^^^ with that in mind when is brent off? i think replacing him will take the rope from around your necks somewhat

And one last point Hugh, come on your letting the people of Launceston down, take your head out of the sand............... Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Grimes to Swansea for 1.75 Million   Grimes to Swansea for 1.75 Million - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 01, 2015 5:38 pm

Not a clue.

You got lucky with Grimes as LT has explained above. You'll get scrapings for whatever "gems" you allegedly have in your youth team. How much did Swansea give you for Harley just out of interest?

Here's something that you won't like Exeter are not some shining example on how to run a football league team. LT in his own way gets this, so drop the pathetic superiority complex that we have to suffer whenever you post, which is usually once in a blue moon when something goes right for the Greeks cos it makes you look a total Prick.
Back to top Go down
Lord Tisdale

Lord Tisdale

PostSubject: Re: Grimes to Swansea for 1.75 Million   Grimes to Swansea for 1.75 Million - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 01, 2015 9:09 pm

Hugh Watt wrote:
How much did Swansea give you for Harley just out of interest?

About 400k and they paid his wages for the four months we kept him on loan, so about what you got for Joe Mason and Craig Noone combined.

Snigger.
Back to top Go down
Motorservices

PostSubject: Re: Grimes to Swansea for 1.75 Million   Grimes to Swansea for 1.75 Million - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 01, 2015 11:15 pm

Hugh Watt wrote:
Not a clue.

You got lucky with Grimes as LT has explained above. You'll get scrapings for whatever "gems" you allegedly have in your youth team. How much did Swansea give you for Harley just out of interest?

Here's something that you won't like Exeter are not some shining example on how to run a football league team. LT in his own way gets this, so drop the pathetic superiority complex that we have to suffer whenever you post, which is usually once in a blue moon when something goes right for the Greeks cos it makes you look a total Prick.

Better than being a complete cnut Basketball

Over the last 6 or 7 years you have shown the world HOW NOT TO RUN A FOOTBALL CLUB, most of the fan base believe you should still be in the CCC, fact is you had ONE good season (more luck than judgement) and because you dont have a fan base to support CCC football you lost the lot

But then things could be so much worse, tosspotty could be your only outlet
Back to top Go down
Motorservices

PostSubject: Re: Grimes to Swansea for 1.75 Million   Grimes to Swansea for 1.75 Million - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 01, 2015 11:16 pm

Lord Tisdale wrote:
Hugh Watt wrote:
How much did Swansea give you for Harley just out of interest?

About 400k and they paid his wages for the four months we kept him on loan, so about what you got for Joe Mason and Craig Noone combined.

Snigger.

LT very good reply

Did they ever actually pay for Noone though? and did they ever pay us in full for mackie?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Grimes to Swansea for 1.75 Million   Grimes to Swansea for 1.75 Million - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 02, 2015 11:18 am

Thought Noone was about £125k and headless was the same, could have been £200, who the feck knows what does actually happen at the theatre of schemes nowadays?
Back to top Go down
Chemical Ali

PostSubject: Re: Grimes to Swansea for 1.75 Million   Grimes to Swansea for 1.75 Million - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 02, 2015 11:45 am

I thought Noone was £300k, and Mason was about £100k - £150k. Ridsdale also sold Bolasie for £20k.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Grimes to Swansea for 1.75 Million   Grimes to Swansea for 1.75 Million - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Grimes to Swansea for 1.75 Million
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next