green_genie
sufferedsince 68
Lord Tisdale
Cornish Chris
14 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage

Grimes to Swansea for 1.75 Million Empty
PostSubject: Grimes to Swansea for 1.75 Million   Grimes to Swansea for 1.75 Million EmptyWed Dec 31, 2014 12:42 pm

http://www.southwales-eveningpost.co.uk/Swansea-City-set-clinch-signing-Exeter-City-s/story-25781325-detail/story.html

Jeeez.

If he was an Argyle player we would have accepted 300k tops.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Grimes to Swansea for 1.75 Million   Grimes to Swansea for 1.75 Million EmptyWed Dec 31, 2014 12:51 pm

Bit ambitious there Punchdrunk!! the club would have settled for far less than that
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Grimes to Swansea for 1.75 Million   Grimes to Swansea for 1.75 Million EmptyWed Dec 31, 2014 12:53 pm

Good old Argo would of settled for £26.75 and an orange flavoured Kit-Kat. albino
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Grimes to Swansea for 1.75 Million   Grimes to Swansea for 1.75 Million EmptyWed Dec 31, 2014 12:56 pm

Grimes is class. Hope all that money does is solve their financial concerns and doesn't give them room to buy anybody.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Grimes to Swansea for 1.75 Million   Grimes to Swansea for 1.75 Million EmptyWed Dec 31, 2014 2:04 pm

£1.75 will be the value of the transfer not how much cash city can expect
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Grimes to Swansea for 1.75 Million   Grimes to Swansea for 1.75 Million EmptyWed Dec 31, 2014 3:15 pm

And £200k for Hourihane was a good deal, you say?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Grimes to Swansea for 1.75 Million   Grimes to Swansea for 1.75 Million EmptyWed Dec 31, 2014 3:18 pm

Just not funny is it? Priorities are all wrong with our board.
Back to top Go down
Cornish Chris

Cornish Chris

PostSubject: Re: Grimes to Swansea for 1.75 Million   Grimes to Swansea for 1.75 Million EmptyWed Dec 31, 2014 3:42 pm

What is their financial situation these days? I know their directors and Tisdale are all on very good money indeed for this level.

Let's hope Grimes does actually get a game wherever he goes, rather than become yet another English player to disappear without trace after their dream move.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Grimes to Swansea for 1.75 Million   Grimes to Swansea for 1.75 Million EmptyWed Dec 31, 2014 3:43 pm

Puts into perspective the difference doesn't it. Grimes is a bit younger and very good, but even if he is a tad better than Hourihane, over 1.5m better? Not a chance. Very disappointing.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Grimes to Swansea for 1.75 Million   Grimes to Swansea for 1.75 Million EmptyWed Dec 31, 2014 4:10 pm

Cornish Chris wrote:
What is their financial situation these days? I know their directors and Tisdale are all on very good money indeed for this level.

Let's hope Grimes does actually get a game wherever he goes, rather than become yet another English player to disappear without trace after their dream move.

He won't play much I will wager.

Play reserve football before a loan to the Championship or League 1.

Who was that Crewe midfielder Man Utd signed, and hasn't been seen since?
Back to top Go down
Lord Tisdale

Lord Tisdale

PostSubject: Re: Grimes to Swansea for 1.75 Million   Grimes to Swansea for 1.75 Million EmptyWed Dec 31, 2014 4:34 pm

Nice to see you Gargs keeping an eye on your betters, Grimesinho is a very talented lad, I don't recall Hourihane getting England U20s caps, and he isn't averse to putting his foot in, probably too much so for his stature.

The money, which of course wasn't cash in a brown paper bag or it would already be in Tagg's sky rocket, will come in very handy, although we aren't heavily in debt times have been hard of late, we need to sell to survive and Tisdale is feckin useless at spotting or developing talent. It would be nice if most of this money were used to knock down the old grandstand and build a small covered terrace along with a similar effort on the away end, that could easily give us a capacity of 10k along with far better facilities for both home and visitiing fans which was cheap to maintain and would be sustainable for generations, continuing to have a club is the important thing.

Not happening though, Tagg, Tizzer and Perriwinkle will have a nice drink out of it then spunk the rest on disruptive drunks like Noble and lazy ass wankers like Harley.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Grimes to Swansea for 1.75 Million   Grimes to Swansea for 1.75 Million EmptyWed Dec 31, 2014 5:09 pm

Lord Tisdale wrote:
Nice to see you Gargs keeping an eye on your betters, Grimesinho is a very talented lad, I don't recall Hourihane getting England U20s caps, and he isn't averse to putting his foot in, probably too much so for his stature.

The money, which of course wasn't cash in a brown paper bag or it would already be in Tagg's sky rocket, will come in very handy, although we aren't heavily in debt times have been hard of late, we need to sell to survive and Tisdale is feckin useless at spotting or developing talent. It would be nice if most of this money were used to knock down the old grandstand and build a small covered terrace along with a similar effort on the away end, that could easily give us a capacity of 10k along with far better facilities for both home and visitiing fans which was cheap to maintain and would be sustainable for generations, continuing to have a club is the important thing.

Not happening though, Tagg, Tizzer and Perriwinkle will have a nice drink out of it then spunk the rest on disruptive drunks like Noble and lazy ass wankers like Harley.

Don't hold that against him will you? - As that may be due to the fact Hourihane was born in Ireland to Irish parents and Irish grandparents.
Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68

PostSubject: Re: Grimes to Swansea for 1.75 Million   Grimes to Swansea for 1.75 Million EmptyWed Dec 31, 2014 5:12 pm

I watched Grimes when exeter lost to that pub team on the telly, if i was Swansea i'd be looking for a new manager! he's league 1 at best.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Grimes to Swansea for 1.75 Million   Grimes to Swansea for 1.75 Million EmptyWed Dec 31, 2014 5:22 pm

sufferedsince 68 wrote:
I watched Grimes when exeter lost to that pub team on the telly, if i was Swansea i'd be looking for a new manager! he's league 1 at best.

£1.75m ain't much to a midtable Prem side though.

Grimes is an England U-20, soon to be U-21. That alone has bunked his price up, Swansea are expecting with that price that the England youth coaches know a good player when they see one. And it works both ways - a player could perform excellently at an unfashionable club (such as Gary Cahill, when he was the best CB in the country at Bolton) but didn't get an England call up until Chelsea came knocking for him, and then suddenly he was England's new number 5!

Grimes hasn't made it yet, and he won't be playing Prem football for a while. He needs to be playing regular competitive football to improve, so I can only see a loan back out (possibly to Exeter) as being on the cards.
Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68

PostSubject: Re: Grimes to Swansea for 1.75 Million   Grimes to Swansea for 1.75 Million EmptyWed Dec 31, 2014 5:26 pm

ejh wrote:
sufferedsince 68 wrote:

£1.75m ain't much to a midtable Prem side though.

Grimes is an England U-20, soon to be U-21. That alone has bunked his price up, Swansea are expecting with that price that the England youth coaches know a good player when they see one. And it works both ways - a player could perform excellently at an unfashionable club (such as Gary Cahill, when he was the best CB in the country at Bolton) but didn't get an England call up until Chelsea came knocking for him, and then suddenly he was England's new number 5!

Grimes hasn't made it yet, and he won't be playing Prem football for a while. He needs to be playing regular competitive football to improve, so I can only see a loan back out (possibly to Exeter) as being on the cards.

Hell of a leap bud, from playing for a crappy little team like exeter, to the premier league! i'll be amazed if he makes it, but good luck to the bhey.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Grimes to Swansea for 1.75 Million   Grimes to Swansea for 1.75 Million EmptyWed Dec 31, 2014 5:31 pm

Exactly, look at John Bostock - when he first signed for Spurs he was tipped to be the next Ricky Villa, now he looks more like Ricky Gervais.

(shamelessly stolen from Brendan Rodgers!) Embarassed
Back to top Go down
green_genie

green_genie

PostSubject: Re: Grimes to Swansea for 1.75 Million   Grimes to Swansea for 1.75 Million EmptyWed Dec 31, 2014 6:12 pm

Tis,

Is the lad a tale developer? Amazed he's got to this stage without being tapped up like ours who look able to cut it at top table... LLoyd Jones at 15, Christian Walton and Jack Stephens for examples.
Back to top Go down
Mock Cuncher

Mock Cuncher

PostSubject: Re: Grimes to Swansea for 1.75 Million   Grimes to Swansea for 1.75 Million EmptyWed Dec 31, 2014 6:23 pm

How much did we get for Gosling?

Although admittedly Gosling was playing for us at a MUCH higher level than Exeter have ever played at...
Back to top Go down
http://wrongunatlongon.wordpress.com/
green_genie

green_genie

PostSubject: Re: Grimes to Swansea for 1.75 Million   Grimes to Swansea for 1.75 Million EmptyWed Dec 31, 2014 6:40 pm

£1M up front with another £1M based on add ons we probably didn't see due to his injuries before the little scrote shafted us and Everton
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Grimes to Swansea for 1.75 Million   Grimes to Swansea for 1.75 Million EmptyWed Dec 31, 2014 8:26 pm

ejh wrote:
Cornish Chris wrote:

He won't play much I will wager.

Play reserve football before a loan to the Championship or League 1.

Who was that Crewe midfielder Man Utd signed, and hasn't been seen since?

Nick Powell?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Grimes to Swansea for 1.75 Million   Grimes to Swansea for 1.75 Million EmptyWed Dec 31, 2014 8:27 pm

Mock Cuncher wrote:
How much did we get for Gosling?

Although admittedly Gosling was playing for us at a MUCH higher level than Exeter have ever played at...

And where is the big time charlie now i ask? Is he still propping up the newcastle reserves?
Back to top Go down
AstiSpumante

AstiSpumante

PostSubject: Re: Grimes to Swansea for 1.75 Million   Grimes to Swansea for 1.75 Million EmptyWed Dec 31, 2014 8:28 pm

Bournemouth.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Grimes to Swansea for 1.75 Million   Grimes to Swansea for 1.75 Million EmptyWed Dec 31, 2014 8:44 pm

Top of the Championship then. Not bad if they get promoted.
Back to top Go down
Lord Tisdale

Lord Tisdale

PostSubject: Re: Grimes to Swansea for 1.75 Million   Grimes to Swansea for 1.75 Million EmptyThu Jan 01, 2015 12:32 am

green_genie wrote:
Tis,

Is the lad a tale developer? Amazed he's got to this stage without being tapped up like ours who look able to cut it at top table... LLoyd Jones at 15, Christian Walton and Jack Stephens for examples.

Not really, he isn't the big strong type so probably didn't get noticed like some at an even earlier age, he is though very talented, great vision and an excellent passer, not to mention a fantastic free kick taker, Swansea is the perfect club for him as he will get a chance and will fit into their style.

I too think 1.75 bar is a bit heavy but I would guess that is a package price conditional on appearances, which may mean we shall not be getting it all any time soon, if ever.
Back to top Go down
Lord Tisdale

Lord Tisdale

PostSubject: Re: Grimes to Swansea for 1.75 Million   Grimes to Swansea for 1.75 Million EmptyThu Jan 01, 2015 12:33 am

AstiSpumante wrote:
Bournemouth.

And scoring goals.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Grimes to Swansea for 1.75 Million   Grimes to Swansea for 1.75 Million Empty

Back to top Go down

Grimes to Swansea for 1.75 Million
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next