Plymouth Argyle Talk - Democratic

The 'ONLY' Independent Internet Forum for Argyle Fans

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Coventry City in £1.1 million rent dispute...

Go down 
+3
Flat_Track_Bully
Grovehill
VillageGreen
7 posters
AuthorMessage
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

Coventry City in £1.1 million rent dispute... Empty
PostSubject: Coventry City in £1.1 million rent dispute...   Coventry City in £1.1 million rent dispute... EmptyThu Dec 06, 2012 10:50 am

I see Coventry City are being asked to pay £1.1 million in rent.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-coventry-warwickshire-20616466

The club are saying that the rent is to high and want urgent talks to review what is paid.

There is a threat of a winding up order being issued if the rent is not paid within 21 days.

Could we see Coventry City going out of business sometime soon ?. They have apparently been on the ''hit list of clubs'' looking iffy for awhile now.

Back to top Go down
Grovehill

PostSubject: Re: Coventry City in £1.1 million rent dispute...   Coventry City in £1.1 million rent dispute... EmptyThu Dec 06, 2012 6:33 pm

Just wait a few months and Rupert will just have to change "Coventry City" to "Argyle" and he'll have a topical news report
Back to top Go down
Flat_Track_Bully

Flat_Track_Bully

PostSubject: Re: Coventry City in £1.1 million rent dispute...   Coventry City in £1.1 million rent dispute... EmptyFri Dec 07, 2012 8:36 am

You have to ask why the council are getting a private company to manage the stadium it owns? Sounds like just adding another mouth to feed for Coventry City. Not sure what the council are playing at either with the rent levels. It can't be good for the city to have a bankrupt football team.

Its similar to the situation Bradford found themselves in, in that they were renting their stadium from some management company who were trying to bleed them dry through rent. Fortunately I think they managed to sort something out although they had to threaten to move to a different stadium before anything happened.
Back to top Go down
http://www.sciencebrainwaves.com/

PostSubject: Re: Coventry City in £1.1 million rent dispute...   Coventry City in £1.1 million rent dispute... EmptyFri Dec 07, 2012 9:00 am

Coventry are being squeezed for an astronomical amout of rent compared to other clubs, £1.28 million per year, but you have to wonder if they agreed to the size of the rent thinking they would be a Championship club with aspirations of making it to the Premier League fairly soon.

Coventry also say that other clubs who rent their ground also keep revenue from parking and refreshments, but they don't? That's crazy! So they were offered the chance or wanted to be one of the big boys with a swanky new stadium but they've pretty much sold their soul to the devil in order to get it.

If they have estimated income believing they would make it back to the Premier League soon then they are fecked.

What kind of idiots would estimate income that far above what it was actually going to be receiving lol!

Back to top Go down
lawnmowerman

lawnmowerman

PostSubject: Re: Coventry City in £1.1 million rent dispute...   Coventry City in £1.1 million rent dispute... EmptyFri Dec 07, 2012 9:08 am

This could be us in a few years time , Brent builds us new offices and shop on his pension pot carpark . When he gets fed up playing football Brent then charges us stupidly high rents to carry on using our offices/shop. I can see it happening.
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PostSubject: Re: Coventry City in £1.1 million rent dispute...   Coventry City in £1.1 million rent dispute... EmptyFri Dec 07, 2012 12:22 pm

Greenjock wrote:
Coventry are being squeezed for an astronomical amout of rent compared to other clubs, £1.28 million per year, but you have to wonder if they agreed to the size of the rent thinking they would be a Championship club with aspirations of making it to the Premier League fairly soon.

Coventry also say that other clubs who rent their ground also keep revenue from parking and refreshments, but they don't? That's crazy! So they were offered the chance or wanted to be one of the big boys with a swanky new stadium but they've pretty much sold their soul to the devil in order to get it.

If they have estimated income believing they would make it back to the Premier League soon then they are fecked.

What kind of idiots would estimate income that far above what it was actually going to be receiving lol!

Sadly,that is so true.

Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

PostSubject: Re: Coventry City in £1.1 million rent dispute...   Coventry City in £1.1 million rent dispute... EmptyMon Dec 17, 2012 10:46 pm

Nuneaton Boro's ground is up for grabs for 700k
Back to top Go down
simao

simao

PostSubject: Re: Coventry City in £1.1 million rent dispute...   Coventry City in £1.1 million rent dispute... EmptyTue Dec 18, 2012 9:13 am

Lord Aviva wrote:
Nuneaton Boro's ground is up for grabs for 700k

Any chance of a link please. I remember fondly 70s non-league football at the old Manor Park ground. That is now built on, the club was liquidated (relegated 2 divisions) and moved to new ground about 7 years ago. I also went to Highfield Road to watch Cov, but only when they were plating a decent team. Liverpool, Man U and Chelsea were favourite fixtures. Didn't like Cov, always looking to nick Boro players and weird when all seater as everyone knows you should stand to watch football.
Many happy days at the Boro, town was a sh*t**le mind.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Coventry City in £1.1 million rent dispute...   Coventry City in £1.1 million rent dispute... EmptyTue Dec 18, 2012 2:25 pm

Good old Highfield Road. You got to it by walking up Mrs Brown's garden path if I remember rightly.

Also it was the ground that was meant to do away with football hooligans by making it all-seater!!!! Trouble is they didn't tell the hooligans who mostly just moved it to the streets outside. But it was the mini-riot by Leeds fans in the ground that actually stopped me going to matches for a few years after they had obviously took tools to unbolt the thick wooden seats and chuck them towards the pitch after only a few minutes into the game. I decided that I would gladly die for Argyle but not for Coventry.
Back to top Go down
simao

simao

PostSubject: Re: Coventry City in £1.1 million rent dispute...   Coventry City in £1.1 million rent dispute... EmptyWed Dec 19, 2012 9:54 am

I remember going up Mrs Browns back passage after a maze of terraced houses. Always avoided Leeds like the plague, just managed to quell my loathing enough once to see them at Home Park. We lost 1-0 and I hate them even more. Worst cheating time wasting bunch ever. Come on Chelsea, and you don't say that very often.
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: Coventry City in £1.1 million rent dispute...   Coventry City in £1.1 million rent dispute... EmptyWed Dec 19, 2012 10:17 am

simao wrote:
I remember going up Mrs Browns back passage after a maze of terraced houses. Always avoided Leeds like the plague, just managed to quell my loathing enough once to see them at Home Park. We lost 1-0 and I hate them even more. Worst cheating time wasting bunch ever. Come on Chelsea, and you don't say that very often.

All part of the Argyle travel club package?
Back to top Go down
simao

simao

PostSubject: Re: Coventry City in £1.1 million rent dispute...   Coventry City in £1.1 million rent dispute... EmptyThu Dec 20, 2012 12:08 pm

Just hope Nuneaton can avoid relegation this year......Argyle will be playing them in the Conference. Or, Coventry get bumped a few leagues and get to play both. Or, Argyle survive but get docked admin points, Nuneaton get promoted and never meet. Permutations are endless. The joys of (non) league football.
Home for the New Year and get to see first game for 7 years! 1000 bleddy miles to see Morecombe. How shit is that?
After Sporting, Benfica and Porto, Flipping Argyle v Morecombe playing head tennis and clagging each other. Orchestrated by some clueless guy grunting in a B & Q shed. Sounds great.
Anyway, almost the entire Portuguese supporters club will be there. Looking forward to pastie and pint but unsure about the "match day experience" Sounds ghastly.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Coventry City in £1.1 million rent dispute...   Coventry City in £1.1 million rent dispute... Empty

Back to top Go down

Coventry City in £1.1 million rent dispute...
Page 1 of 1