sufferedsince 68
Cornish Chris
Moist_Von_Lipwig
Elias
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage

accrington match thread - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: accrington match thread   accrington match thread - Page 4 EmptySun Sep 28, 2014 10:43 am

Just roll the phrase "top league 2 budget" around the tongue a couple of times then ask yourself why Jimmy the failer had to ask PCC for a loan of £800k from the council?
Other teams with smaller budgets can field a team with more goalscorers in it than we can and a stronger subs bench, why is that? Im not saying that JS is without blame but the blame has to go to the top of the pile. The club owner is not interested in football he just wants to asset strip, scheme and plot to try and make money.
Did you know that Jimmy is the least successful owner in our clubs history, do we blame Reid, fletch and Shez or does the buck stop at the top, we as fans need to kick up a fuss, a big fuss, when's the next televised match?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: accrington match thread   accrington match thread - Page 4 EmptySun Sep 28, 2014 10:46 am

Iggy wrote:
Just roll the phrase "top league 2 budget" around the tongue a couple of times then ask yourself why Jimmy the failer had to ask PCC for a loan of £800k from the council?
Other teams with smaller budgets can field a team with more goalscorers in it than we can and a stronger subs bench, why is that? Im not saying that JS is without blame but the blame has to go to the top of the pile. The club owner is not interested in football he just wants to asset strip, scheme and plot to try and make money.
Did you know that Jimmy is the least successful owner in our clubs history, do we blame Reid, fletch and Shez or does the buck stop at the top, we as fans need to kick up a fuss, a big fuss, when's the next televised match?

Brent's plan was always to do the absolute minimum required to keep the club treading water until he got what he want's, I find it amusing that some are surprised by our mid table mediocrity.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: accrington match thread   accrington match thread - Page 4 EmptySun Sep 28, 2014 10:57 am

Punchdrunk wrote:
Iggy wrote:

Brent's plan was always to do the absolute minimum required to keep the club treading water until he got what he want's, I find it amusing that some are surprised by our mid table mediocrity.

Not me, I predicted it within minutes of hearing his business model for the club, sadly all our predictions were cleaned from the pasoti boards within minutes so really the blame should be shared by the club and official site owner, OR ARE THEY THE SAME PERSON?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: accrington match thread   accrington match thread - Page 4 EmptySun Sep 28, 2014 11:20 am

Iggy wrote:
Punchdrunk wrote:
Iggy wrote:

Not me, I predicted it within minutes of hearing his business model for the club, sadly all our predictions were cleaned from the pasoti boards within minutes so really the blame should be shared by the club and official site owner, OR ARE THEY THE SAME PERSON?

Why do avivas have to see Rome burn to the ground and walk in its ashes before they stand up and fight for their club? why not start now before the match is struck and its left the packet now so come on dogs of war fight for your club or as Gareth rightly said you will share the blame when the club dies and die it will if you dont do anything.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: accrington match thread   accrington match thread - Page 4 EmptySun Sep 28, 2014 11:25 am

Angry wrote:
Iggy wrote:
Punchdrunk wrote:
Iggy wrote:

Why do avivas have to see Rome burn to the ground and walk in its ashes before they stand up and fight for their club? why not start now before the match is struck and its left the packet now so come on dogs of war fight for your club or as Gareth rightly said you will share the blame when the club dies and die it will if you dont do anything.

Because most of them have no gonads or are scared of losing their free parking space, silly hat and title.
The whole ethos of the club needs changed starting by the removal of the Chairman,President and the super-fans.
Back to top Go down
PatDunne

PostSubject: Re: accrington match thread   accrington match thread - Page 4 EmptySun Sep 28, 2014 11:30 am

Selling Connor WAS a great deal, James got enough to buy a new number plate!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: accrington match thread   accrington match thread - Page 4 EmptySun Sep 28, 2014 11:36 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: accrington match thread   accrington match thread - Page 4 EmptySun Sep 28, 2014 11:38 am

And one for the chauffeur.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: accrington match thread   accrington match thread - Page 4 EmptySun Sep 28, 2014 11:49 am

one for Webby.
Back to top Go down
PatDunne

PostSubject: Re: accrington match thread   accrington match thread - Page 4 EmptySun Sep 28, 2014 11:50 am

There you see, not only did Ipswich get a nice cut but there was enough for two plates! stick that in your we ain't got a competitive budget pipe and smoke it.

Bit sad we didn't hold out for a wee bit more so 'The Chris' could have a plate too.
Back to top Go down
PatDunne

PostSubject: Re: accrington match thread   accrington match thread - Page 4 EmptySun Sep 28, 2014 11:51 am

LOL ............ Connors fee must have had an add on for that!
Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68

PostSubject: Re: accrington match thread   accrington match thread - Page 4 EmptySun Sep 28, 2014 12:15 pm

We should have a budget that no league two team could match other than portsmouth, but no we have a top seven to nine budget according to brent. you could tell how ambitious the Brent regime were for this season when they sold Hourihane for peanuts and brought in Nourburn and Bitner.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: accrington match thread   accrington match thread - Page 4 EmptySun Sep 28, 2014 12:29 pm

Punchdrunk wrote:
Angry wrote:
Iggy wrote:
Punchdrunk wrote:
Iggy wrote:

Because most of them have no gonads or are scared of losing their free parking space, silly hat and title.
The whole ethos of the club needs changed starting by the removal of the Chairman,President and the super-fans.

its not just those two arse kissers though its the whole network of avivas that hang on there every word that need to wake up and act. webb and nool will shoulder the blame if and when the club sinks with captain brent at the wheel
Back to top Go down
tigertony

tigertony

PostSubject: Re: accrington match thread   accrington match thread - Page 4 EmptySun Sep 28, 2014 1:55 pm

sufferedsince 68 wrote:
We should have a budget that no league two team could match other than portsmouth, but no we have a top seven to nine budget according to brent. you could tell how ambitious the Brent regime were for this season when they sold Hourihane for peanuts and brought in Nourburn and Bitner.
Too many facts missing for me to make a judgement.

We have the 3rd highest attendances in the division but how much from each game is pushed aside for debts?
Pompey have the highest attendances (by far) but what is their debt payment situation?
How do our wages compare to other clubs ?
How many non-playing admin staff do we have compared to others? Don't Daggers have 2 or 3 and thats it?
How many backroom staff do we have compared to others? (What does John Harbin do?)
How many overnights/long travel do we have compared to others. Probably top by a country mile.

I think you're being a little unfair on Bittner. Reserve keeper is one of those risky positions where you have to balance quality against cost. JS has kept the costs down to, I assume, use elsewhere and Bittner is probably an adequate ''in-game'' replacement.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: accrington match thread   accrington match thread - Page 4 EmptySun Sep 28, 2014 2:48 pm

tigertony wrote:
sufferedsince 68 wrote:

We have the 3rd highest attendances in the division but how much from each game is pushed aside for debts?
Pompey have the highest attendances (by far) but what is their debt payment situation?
How many non-playing admin staff do we have compared to others? Don't Daggers have 2 or 3 and thats it?
How many backroom staff do we have compared to others? (What does John Harbin do?)
How many overnights/long travel do we have compared to others. Probably top by a country mile.

I think you're being a little unfair on Bittner. Reserve keeper is one of those risky positions where you have to balance quality against cost. JS has kept the costs down to, I assume, use elsewhere and Bittner is probably an adequate ''in-game'' replacement.

The thing is Tiger, folk bang on about how McCormick is the best in L1 and 2 but I don't think he is.
The goal he conceded yesterday was soft as shite and had it been Cole for example between the sticks people would have been calling for his head on a plate.
Adequate goalkeeper cover is needed to ensure that the likes of 'goldenbollocks' McCormick doesn't become complacent.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: accrington match thread   accrington match thread - Page 4 EmptySun Sep 28, 2014 3:40 pm

tigertony wrote:
sufferedsince 68 wrote:

fitness coach as backroom staffs go we have basic numbers
Back to top Go down
GreenSam

PostSubject: Re: accrington match thread   accrington match thread - Page 4 EmptySun Sep 28, 2014 4:36 pm

Good points well made ejh- but I do think CM is mostly a problem of Sheridan's making. The likes of Morecambe and Burton who are doing so well would cream their pants at £80k plus Hourihane's wages to invest on a player.

I'm not saying Brent is investing in a strong budget- I'm saying just looks who's near the top of this league. What I'm saying is you don't NEED strong budget to do well.  Morecambe, Burton, Cheltenham, Wycombe, could go on and on. You need nous and knowhow in the dugout and someone who can make a team work as a unit not just a load of individuals.

I'm afraid I disagree with Iggy about other teams being stronger and having stronger benches with us- we often have players who've got up out of this league or have done well in the league above on our bench. Very often last season, the teams we were up against couldn't even FILL a bench. That happened to Rochdale and Scunthorpe a few times...and oh look, they went up. I'm not usually one to defend Brent but this is a poxy, poxy league and the idea that you need to chuck bags upon bags of cash at it to get up is an idea that with all due respect I totally disagree with. We've got the right notes (at least, most of them) but we can't seem to play them in the right order. A pleasure to disagree with you Very Happy

Bittner's a back-up who'll probably never be called upon. Norburn....is an odd one, I'll grant you that. But if we'd have just kept Young...then who knows. Time for Sheridan to depart I think.
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: accrington match thread   accrington match thread - Page 4 EmptySun Sep 28, 2014 4:45 pm

GreenSam wrote:
Good points well made ejh- but I do think CM is mostly a problem of Sheridan's making. The likes of Morecambe and Burton who are doing so well would cream their pants at £80k plus Hourihane's wages to invest on a player.I'm not saying Brent is investing in a strong budget- I'm saying just looks who's near the top of this league. What I'm saying is you don't NEED strong budget to do well.  Morecambe, Burton, Cheltenham, Wycombe, could go on and on. You need nous and knowhow in the dugout and someone who can make a team work as a unit not just a load of individuals.

I'm afraid I disagree with Iggy about other teams being stronger and having stronger benches with us- we often have players who've got up out of this league or have done well in the league above on our bench. Very often last season, the teams we were up against couldn't even FILL a bench. That happened to Rochdale and Scunthorpe a few times...and oh look, they went up. I'm not usually one to defend Brent but this is a poxy, poxy league and the idea that you need to chuck bags upon bags of cash at it to get up is an idea that with all due respect I totally disagree with. We've got the right notes (at least, most of them) but we can't seem to play them in the right order. A pleasure to disagree with you  Very Happy

Bittner's a back-up who'll probably never be called upon. Norburn....is an odd one, I'll grant you that. But if we'd have just kept Young...then who knows. Time for Sheridan to depart I think.

How do you know that the Hourihane money was invested back into the playing staff?
Back to top Go down
GreenSam

PostSubject: Re: accrington match thread   accrington match thread - Page 4 EmptySun Sep 28, 2014 5:00 pm

It may not all have been re-invested (quite possibly wasn't) but in a way that's almost my point. Sides doing well in this league just don't have that kind of money (let's not forget it'll have been a fair old sum off the wagebill too) at their disposal and they manage to do well nonetheless.

I think it was wrong of the club to sell Hourihane as cheaply as we did- we should have held out for much more or told them to get stuffed.

But even if we'd have kept Hourihane or signed someone a lot better than Norburn, I think that Sheridan's 'tactics' would somehow have found themselves a way to make us underachieve yet again.
Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68

PostSubject: Re: accrington match thread   accrington match thread - Page 4 EmptySun Sep 28, 2014 5:14 pm

GreenSam wrote:
It may not all have been re-invested (quite possibly wasn't) but in a way that's almost my point. Sides doing well in this league just don't have that kind of money (let's not forget it'll have been a fair old sum off the wagebill too) at their disposal and they manage to do well nonetheless.

I think it was wrong of the club to sell Hourihane as cheaply as we did- we should have held out for much more or told them to get stuffed.

But even if we'd have kept Hourihane or signed someone a lot better than Norburn, I think that Sheridan's 'tactics' would somehow have found themselves a way to make us underachieve yet again.

Sam its myth that football is all about tactics its not, its about having Good players. Argyle in my opinion have two Good players Mccormick and Reid, the rest are just last throw of the dice merchants! Because Brent/argyle's low budget no ambition mini stand mentallity shines through, thats why no one any good sign's for Argyle.
Back to top Go down
GreenSam

PostSubject: Re: accrington match thread   accrington match thread - Page 4 EmptySun Sep 28, 2014 5:29 pm

Have to disagree I'm afraid. Man United have good players but just look at them. Organisation is a huge part of the carve up.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: accrington match thread   accrington match thread - Page 4 EmptySun Sep 28, 2014 5:45 pm

Not at the back they don't
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

PostSubject: Re: accrington match thread   accrington match thread - Page 4 EmptySun Sep 28, 2014 9:28 pm

was embarrassed yesterday thinking i would get change from a twenty affraid Embarassed
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: accrington match thread   accrington match thread - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

accrington match thread
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4