Plymouth Argyle Talk - Democratic

The 'ONLY' Independent Internet Forum for Argyle Fans

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Accrington Stanley, who are they match thread.

Go down 
+6
Czarcasm
Elias
Greenskin
Freathy
Han Solos Other Ship
GreenWhiteBlack
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage

Accrington Stanley, who are they match thread. Empty
PostSubject: Accrington Stanley, who are they match thread.   Accrington Stanley, who are they match thread. EmptySat Dec 22, 2012 7:25 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Barnet win last night to move off the bottom of the league making it even tighter amongst the bottom 5. Accrington Stanley "Who are they" are the side immediately above us, but 4 points ahead. If we lose to them today it could mean we are starting to become adrift of the pack and facing a game against Devon rivals Torquay on Boxing Day.

Torquay won't be easy at all and if we were to lose today it could be a very nervy game for players and management, so I think we have to win today to ease the pressure. 4 points from our last 2 games is much improved from, 6 defeats, 2 draws and 2 wins from our last 10 league games.

Molesly who may have been the best Argyle player since he arrived on loan from Bournemouth is doubtful with a hamstring injury. If he's out today he would also be a doubt for the Torquay game, which is a big worry.

Maxime Blanchard is suspended for his red card against Shitty last week so Durrell Berry should come back into the side and Nelson move to the centre of defence. More telling for me will be what formation Fletcher goes with. 2 up front please for me and show attacking intent from the start , as Accrington Stanley "Who are they" are on a similar run of form to us and could be there for the taking.

Argyle manager Carl Fletcher has learned a new word recently, good, which is used 8 times in his pre match statement, so that's good, lets hope for a good result which would do the players confidence the world of good, but we won't take Accrington Stanley "Who are they" lightly as they are a good side, so it should make for a good game. It would be good to take 3 points today because we've got Torquay coming up and they are a really good side.

Personally I think we need 4 points from our next two games, with today being almost certainly the easier game, or it will become a relegation scrap again for the rest of the season.

Remember though, if you don't go to the game you can't mank about it, copyright Ian Newell 2012, so if we lose heavily today only the hardy souls who make the long trek to Lancashire are allowed to mank. There will probably be lots of manking on the GT's bus if we did lose heavily. The same applies on Boxing Day. If we lose to Torquay only people attending the game as REAL fans can mank.

For exiles this means no manking at all over Christmas which could prove difficult.

Under Newell's law, it must also mean that as well as no manking only people attending games can be happy if we win as well, so anyone who has been praising Englands victory in the test series in India is a complete cnut. This applies to the millions of English people who celebrated the World Cup win in 66 without actually being there, and again when England won the Rugby World Cup and millions of plastics who didn't attend the final in Australia are also cnuts.

I therefore pronounce this thread a no manking thread, and also no glory-hunters mentioning any event they didn't attend, like the Olympics earlier this year, or the first World War.

COYG (Can I say that without going to the game?)
Back to top Go down
GreenWhiteBlack

GreenWhiteBlack

PostSubject: Re: Accrington Stanley, who are they match thread.   Accrington Stanley, who are they match thread. EmptySat Dec 22, 2012 7:36 am

They haven't won in 6 and only have 1 fit CB, surely even Carl Fletcher's Argyle have to win this?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Accrington Stanley, who are they match thread.   Accrington Stanley, who are they match thread. EmptySat Dec 22, 2012 8:25 am

The 'If you weren't there you can't Mank' rule usually sends Soper over the edge
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Accrington Stanley, who are they match thread.   Accrington Stanley, who are they match thread. EmptySat Dec 22, 2012 9:26 am

Speaking of non attending fans, Saracen 10 who is a multi no doubt about it, was supposed to get picked up and share a lift to the game against Oxford but never turned up and doesn't appear to have bothered explaining why.

Possibly because he didn't want to blow his cover cheers

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Han Solos Other Ship

Han Solos Other Ship

PostSubject: Re: Accrington Stanley, who are they match thread.   Accrington Stanley, who are they match thread. EmptySat Dec 22, 2012 9:54 am

One up front away from home, that's the CF way Smile
One up front when at home, that's the CF way Smile

As long as we give it a good go, and we get some good luck, the lads work their socks off and we can, y'know, keep 11 players on the pitch we can come away with only a slim defeat Smile

2-0 to who are they?

Sorry, I'm not going to the game so I shan't comment on the game or any outcome
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Accrington Stanley, who are they match thread.   Accrington Stanley, who are they match thread. EmptySat Dec 22, 2012 10:37 am

Attack, attack, attack, attack attack! Feck all this one up front shit, go for it, if we lose so be it but have a feckin go.
Back to top Go down
Han Solos Other Ship

Han Solos Other Ship

PostSubject: Re: Accrington Stanley, who are they match thread.   Accrington Stanley, who are they match thread. EmptySat Dec 22, 2012 10:54 am

Ex feckin actly. Give it a go ffs
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Accrington Stanley, who are they match thread.   Accrington Stanley, who are they match thread. EmptySat Dec 22, 2012 12:20 pm

Imagine a 16 hour round trip on a bus stuck with Nool and Ghoul to watch that shite.
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: Accrington Stanley, who are they match thread.   Accrington Stanley, who are they match thread. EmptySat Dec 22, 2012 12:34 pm

There's no way this one will survive the weather! If it kicks off it will be abandoned. As it stands only this one and Cobblers v Aldershot still due to go ahead in L2- all others postponed due to waterlogged pitches.
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: Accrington Stanley, who are they match thread.   Accrington Stanley, who are they match thread. EmptySat Dec 22, 2012 12:38 pm

Freathy wrote:
There's no way this one will survive the weather! If it kicks off it will be abandoned. As it stands only this one and Cobblers v Aldershot still due to go ahead in L2- all others postponed due to waterlogged pitches.

Blackburn just called off,pretty near to Accrington.If it is off,i would sympathise with anyone making the trip-we got as far as Washington service station on the way to Newcastle back in the late eighties and the match was postponed due to pissing rain.On my birthday too.How delightfully Aviva,eh.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Accrington Stanley, who are they match thread.   Accrington Stanley, who are they match thread. EmptySat Dec 22, 2012 1:06 pm

Greenskin wrote:
Freathy wrote:

Blackburn just called off,pretty near to Accrington.If it is off,i would sympathise with anyone making the trip-we got as far as Washington service station on the way to Newcastle back in the late eighties and the match was postponed due to pissing rain.On my birthday too.How delightfully Aviva,eh.

At least in those days you could emerse yourself in Alcohol on the bus
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

PostSubject: Re: Accrington Stanley, who are they match thread.   Accrington Stanley, who are they match thread. EmptySat Dec 22, 2012 1:17 pm

no booze allowed sadly.
i was on coach 1
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Accrington Stanley, who are they match thread.   Accrington Stanley, who are they match thread. EmptySat Dec 22, 2012 1:20 pm

Sneak some JD or Vodka into a coke bottle..seen that done a few times.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Accrington Stanley, who are they match thread.   Accrington Stanley, who are they match thread. EmptySat Dec 22, 2012 2:07 pm

The dickhead who does the twatter feed on Pasoti announces the squad as if their his best mates.

Only1Argyle Argyle subs v Accrington: Jake, Paris, Feeno, Jamie L, Matty, Jamie R, Tyro #pafc
20 seconds ago · reply · retweet · favorite

Only1Argyle Argyle starting 11 v Accrington: Big Reg; Durrell, Nelse, Pursey, Willo; Joe, Youngy, Conor, Baz; Griff, Chaddy

WTF is he talking about! just say their names so us non avivas know what the hell he is talking about

Last edited by punchdrunk on Sat Dec 22, 2012 2:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Han Solos Other Ship

Han Solos Other Ship

PostSubject: Re: Accrington Stanley, who are they match thread.   Accrington Stanley, who are they match thread. EmptySat Dec 22, 2012 2:08 pm

2 up front if I decipher that garbage correctly?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Accrington Stanley, who are they match thread.   Accrington Stanley, who are they match thread. EmptySat Dec 22, 2012 2:12 pm

4-4-2 showing some ambition now at last Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Accrington Stanley, who are they match thread.   Accrington Stanley, who are they match thread. EmptySat Dec 22, 2012 3:08 pm

Does anyone else find Gordon Sparks cringeworthy and irritating?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Accrington Stanley, who are they match thread.   Accrington Stanley, who are they match thread. EmptySat Dec 22, 2012 3:12 pm

punchdrunk wrote:

Didn't Newell say that he did?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Accrington Stanley, who are they match thread.   Accrington Stanley, who are they match thread. EmptySat Dec 22, 2012 3:17 pm

GOB wrote:
punchdrunk wrote:

Didn't Newell say that he did?

He did indeed but he is a real friend now Wink
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Accrington Stanley, who are they match thread.   Accrington Stanley, who are they match thread. EmptySat Dec 22, 2012 3:23 pm

no one on chat im sadden i cant hear the game so i am missing out Sad
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Accrington Stanley, who are they match thread.   Accrington Stanley, who are they match thread. EmptySat Dec 22, 2012 3:24 pm

How the feck is Accrington ON and Blackburn, who basically have a Premier League groundstaff, undersoil heating, pitch covers etc OFF?

Accy to Blackburn, is like Saltash to Plympton!

Bizarre. I honestly thought most league clubs now had pitch covers. Judging my the number of postponements, obviously not!
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Accrington Stanley, who are they match thread.   Accrington Stanley, who are they match thread. EmptySat Dec 22, 2012 3:26 pm

yyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeessssssssssssssssssss
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Accrington Stanley, who are they match thread.   Accrington Stanley, who are they match thread. EmptySat Dec 22, 2012 3:27 pm

BAZ scores from a rebounded shot from ATD's Robbie Williams!!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Accrington Stanley, who are they match thread.   Accrington Stanley, who are they match thread. EmptySat Dec 22, 2012 3:27 pm

Czarcasm wrote:
yyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeessssssssssssssssssss

I agree.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Accrington Stanley, who are they match thread.   Accrington Stanley, who are they match thread. EmptySat Dec 22, 2012 3:46 pm

Accrington on top despite being a goal down
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Accrington Stanley, who are they match thread.   Accrington Stanley, who are they match thread. Empty

Back to top Go down

Accrington Stanley, who are they match thread.
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next