sufferedsince 68
Cornish Chris
Moist_Von_Lipwig
Elias
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage

accrington match thread - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: accrington match thread   accrington match thread - Page 3 EmptySat Sep 27, 2014 7:50 pm

Frank Bullitt wrote:
The person behind JohnShez1 on twitter has been pushing this type of story for months. Don't forget that the account was originally run by Nool so I am not surprised that Pasoti are allowing this story to run.

yet this guy is a club official!
Back to top Go down
tigertony

tigertony

PostSubject: Re: accrington match thread   accrington match thread - Page 3 EmptySat Sep 27, 2014 7:56 pm

greengenes wrote:
Anyone seen the tweet re Sheridan on Pasoti rumours ?
The a/c is from a bloke called Joe Ainscough who has a CV of
''22 year old football adict. Coach at a local junior female football team. Blackburn Rovers fan.''
Bleedy impressive but I bet if you went back a few years he was released as a teen by JS somewhere. His other tweets are about telling managers in Championship what they are doing wrong etc. Sounds like a complete to$$er to me.

As for today - well I said 10-15 games to decide so I'll stick with that.
Back to top Go down
tigertony

tigertony

PostSubject: Re: accrington match thread   accrington match thread - Page 3 EmptySat Sep 27, 2014 7:59 pm

sufferedsince 68 wrote:
greengenes wrote:
Delarf olliearso pedlar and the budge what shezza sacked, so by using tweets from some unknown gimp they are trying to undermind him. The thing is delarf bans anything about posh jim straight away unless its The we luve you jim type bollocks they thrive on. Double standards down on Nools farm.
WHAT ?? confused
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: accrington match thread   accrington match thread - Page 3 EmptySat Sep 27, 2014 8:00 pm

tigertony wrote:
greengenes wrote:
The a/c is from a bloke called Joe Ainscough who has a CV of
''22 year old football adict. Coach at a local junior female football team. Blackburn Rovers fan.''
Bleedy impressive but I bet if you went back a few years he was released as a teen by JS somewhere. His other tweets are about telling managers in Championship what they are doing wrong etc. Sounds like a complete to$$er to me.

As for today - well I said 10-15 games to decide so I'll stick with that.

How on earth does his cv make him a tosser ?
Back to top Go down
Dick Trickle

PostSubject: Re: accrington match thread   accrington match thread - Page 3 EmptySat Sep 27, 2014 8:13 pm

2 seasons with a budget in the top 7 and a manager of JS's experience is not a work in progress. This should be the result of his management and if a season virtually over before October is it then he should go.
Back to top Go down
GreenSam

PostSubject: Re: accrington match thread   accrington match thread - Page 3 EmptySat Sep 27, 2014 8:14 pm

Suffered, if I read your post as being anything more than unintelligible, backward bollocks then I'd probably reply to it.

As it is, there's nothing I can say.
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: accrington match thread   accrington match thread - Page 3 EmptySat Sep 27, 2014 8:22 pm

Dick Trickle wrote:
2 seasons with a budget in the top 7 and a manager of JS's experience is not a work in progress. This should be the result of his management and if a season virtually over before October is it then he should go.

Didn't you think it was rather odd that a couple of years ago Argyle had a budget which was apparently one of the biggest in the division [in the top 4, i seem to remember was the promulgated message],yet according to JB at the PACSA meeting it had slipped to between 7th and 9th? Wonder why that was?
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: accrington match thread   accrington match thread - Page 3 EmptySat Sep 27, 2014 8:36 pm

GreenSam wrote:
Suffered, if I read your post as being anything more than unintelligible, backward bollocks then I'd probably reply to it.

Are you on the coach Sam ?
Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68

PostSubject: Re: accrington match thread   accrington match thread - Page 3 EmptySat Sep 27, 2014 8:57 pm

GreenSam wrote:

If you think this squad is good enough for promotion, then its you who's talking bollocks sam.
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

PostSubject: Re: accrington match thread   accrington match thread - Page 3 EmptySat Sep 27, 2014 9:03 pm

sufferedsince 68 wrote:
GreenSam wrote:

If you think this squad is good enough for promotion, then its you who's talking bollocks sam.

oi, i watched that crap today and i tell you now the club is f****ed!
fans didnt even bother to raise a chant all game Embarassed Embarassed
Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68

PostSubject: Re: accrington match thread   accrington match thread - Page 3 EmptySat Sep 27, 2014 9:11 pm

Elias wrote:
sufferedsince 68 wrote:
GreenSam wrote:

oi, i watched that crap today and i tell you now the club is f****ed!
fans didnt even bother to raise a chant all game Embarassed Embarassed

Elias, the supernerds know best, the club is fvcked on and off the pitch, a simple lad like me knows it, but these university football experts who i doubt have ever played fooball at any level,beg to differ, this is why Brent gets such an easy ride.
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

PostSubject: Re: accrington match thread   accrington match thread - Page 3 EmptySat Sep 27, 2014 9:14 pm

Les Miserable wrote:
Elias wrote:
In the broadway pub hic !

I too am in the Broadway but I've looked everywhere for someone ho looks like your avatar with no joy, give us a clue Elias, stand on one of the tables and start the janner song jocolor

sorry i missed you, was stood near bandit in middle of pub with a 19yr old who kept swaying - good lad but he d sank a fair few i think drunken
Back to top Go down
devonportlad

PostSubject: Re: accrington match thread   accrington match thread - Page 3 EmptySat Sep 27, 2014 9:14 pm

we'll always be a laughing stock with potter waving his wand about, i just wonder where it will leave webby an newall when brent leaves, wonder if/when we get a new owner webby will be allowed to continue in his president role? also wonder if newall will still be allowed a free pass into the directors box. what a joke.
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

PostSubject: Re: accrington match thread   accrington match thread - Page 3 EmptySat Sep 27, 2014 9:17 pm

brents going nowhere so too are argyle.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: accrington match thread   accrington match thread - Page 3 EmptySat Sep 27, 2014 10:27 pm

Today was the straw that broke the camel's back for me today, beaten once again by a team with piddling support...less then 1200 home supporters ffs !!

Sheridan out has it's limits.
What i would love to see is the directors box being stormed on Saturday or at the very least standing on the edges of it and heckling Brent directly.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: accrington match thread   accrington match thread - Page 3 EmptySat Sep 27, 2014 10:42 pm

Punchdrunk wrote:
Today was the straw that broke the camel's back for me today, beaten once again by a team with piddling support...less then 1200 home supporters ffs !!

Sheridan out has it's limits.
What i would love to see is the directors box being stormed on Saturday or at the very least standing on the edges of it and heckling Brent directly.

never happen there is no backbone in the fanbase and staplewallet era proved that hoever if brent was in his 70's and on his own a few might get brave and have a pop like with maccauley
Back to top Go down
GreenSam

PostSubject: Re: accrington match thread   accrington match thread - Page 3 EmptySun Sep 28, 2014 12:56 am

Tringreen wrote:
GreenSam wrote:

Are you on the coach Sam ?
Nope. Didn't go.
Back to top Go down
GreenSam

PostSubject: Re: accrington match thread   accrington match thread - Page 3 EmptySun Sep 28, 2014 1:02 am

sufferedsince 68 wrote:
GreenSam wrote:

Hartley, McHugh, O'Connor, Smalley, Mellor= all promoted out of this league and/or done well in league one and/or come very highly rated by their former fans.

Luke, Nelse, Reuben. They haven't all done those things but no Argyle fan with a straight face would say they are the problem.

Banton/Lewi/Harvey/Purrington/Thomas= All very inconsistent but when they are on form can put in fantastic performances.

Honestly, I'm the furthest thing from a Brent aficionado out of anyone I know (anyone I know in real life that is- you lot don't count Laughing ) but I really do think the idea that our budget is a lot worse than the likes of shitty Morecambe and Burton for example is utterly nuts thinking. All budgets in league two our shit- signing most of the above (aside from our youth ones) would hint that we've at least got the capability to attract players who are good for this league. I've spoken to non-Argyle fans with no bias who said we've signed the best out of anyone in this league except for Shrewsbury and Bury.

Sheridan must be pissing himself laughing reading this site knowing that however terribly he does, Brent will still pick up the flack because 'budget'.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: accrington match thread   accrington match thread - Page 3 EmptySun Sep 28, 2014 5:31 am

They're both disasters. One surrounds himself with childlike self promoting janners, so that he gets a free ride to try to cash in and the other is dour and uninspiring.
Home Park stinks of toadyism and cluelessness, both off and on the pitch.

Let's not complain, let's rattle buckets and wheel out a stream of ex players to amuse the locals.

'One James Brent, there's only one James Brent!' Rolling Eyes

Last edited by Tringreen on Sun Sep 28, 2014 8:41 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: accrington match thread   accrington match thread - Page 3 EmptySun Sep 28, 2014 7:32 am

GreenSam wrote:
sufferedsince 68 wrote:
GreenSam wrote:

Hartley, McHugh, O'Connor, Smalley, Mellor= all promoted out of this league and/or done well in league one and/or come very highly rated by their former fans.

Luke, Nelse, Reuben. They haven't all done those things but no Argyle fan with a straight face would say they are the problem.

Banton/Lewi/Harvey/Purrington/Thomas= All very inconsistent but when they are on form can put in fantastic performances.

Honestly, I'm the furthest thing from a Brent aficionado out of anyone I know (anyone I know in real life that is- you lot don't count Laughing ) but I really do think the idea that our budget is a lot worse than the likes of shitty Morecambe and Burton for example is utterly nuts thinking. All budgets in league two our shit- signing most of the above (aside from our youth ones) would hint that we've at least got the capability to attract players who are good for this league. I've spoken to non-Argyle fans with no bias who said we've signed the best out of anyone in this league except for Shrewsbury and Bury.

Sheridan must be pissing himself laughing reading this site knowing that however terribly he does, Brent will still pick up the flack because 'budget'.

What still puzzles me is that we released Luke Young, then sold Conor Hourihane for £200,000.

Two good centre midfielders leaving, and Argyle having their combined wages plus £200k to reinvest in the wages of a top quality centre midfielder.

We then sign Oliver Norburn - an out of contract young midfielder, desperate for a club having been released by Bristol Rovers mired in disgrace. Rovers supporters testify he has quality in spells but is altogether an unspectacular and inconsistent player.

You can say Brent has invested in a brilliant squad for Sheridan - but what happened there? Centre midfield is not an area you wanting to be penny pinching on.

Our current starting midfield consists of a player we signed as a right sided defender (O'Connor), and a player who was fit for the scrap pile  last season (Blizzard) because Cox aside, our midfield recruitment this summer has been threadbare. Sheridan saying it is great to have Blizzard back and available is ridiculous - Blizzard was available for plenty of last season, except Sheridan kept him on the bench or used him as a CB. Now all of a sudden Sheridan believes he had this great player here but unavailable for so long, and he was just always injured.

As for whether Sheridan should go, I think it is possibly the right time. He is getting a fraction of the potential out of Banton, Thomas, Marvin Morgan, Deane Smalley - and he completely failed Luke Young. His back four have looked strong this season, and that is down to his changes - but he is a poor manager in terms of creative football, winning football, grabbing goals at crucial times.  His team going forward is almost totally reliant on Reuben Reid, one of the best all round number 9 forwards outside of the Championship - a player we are incredibly lucky to have. Without him we look lost, and we were incredibly fortunate that Reid played 50 games last season. I said then I doubted he would have another 50 game season in him without injury or fatigue, and Sheridan needed to work on some contingency tactics. Meanwhile in terms of motivation Sheridan is horrific - somehow we win a game, and then Sheridan's team arrives at the next looking completely deflated, flat, devoid of ideas on the pitch...and inevitably under achieve. We went on a fantastic playoff surge last season, and somehow turned that into relegation form in the last 10 game stretch as we totally bottled it. We lose games while he leans in the dug out looking fed up, not uttering a word, looking every inch a manager out of his depth.

Is he going to grab this bunch of players, instil that winning attitude in them, and get them playing confident winning football? I have next to no confidence in that happening. I think Sheridan's team consists of a fantastic goalkeeper, a strong back four, and Reuben Reid - and those things together are capable of scraping the playoffs. Without any of those parts and we are struggling for top half. When your other options include players of the calibre of Marvin Morgan, Deane Smalley, Lewis Allesandra, and you have talent like Jason Banton and Nathan Thomas to work with - players that smaller clubs in this league would murder to possess, we really shouldn't be this one dimensional.

It is nearly two calendar years since Sheridan has been working with these players. Sheridan has done good things in terms of player recruitment, but I think he should have a lot more to show after two years in terms of playing style, tactics, home form, team spirit and a number of other factors. Fletcher for all of his shortcomings, had some severe budgetary restrictions on his ability to put a squad together, and yet managed to stamp his impression on the team with passing football and dominating possession play. It didn't exactly propel us up the leagues, but given that he had Chadwick, Feeney and Rhys Griffiths, instead of Reid, Morgan and Smalley, I am not really surprised. The point being, I am not really sure Sheridan has a plan, knows what he is doing, knows where he wants the team going on the pitch. We play flat formations, too often see flat performances, and rely on our well paid players (such as Reid) to have more quality than the opposition.

I think it is fair to expect after two full years at the club, that Sheridan had more about him and his team than that.
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

PostSubject: Re: accrington match thread   accrington match thread - Page 3 EmptySun Sep 28, 2014 9:34 am

Dont forget ipswichs 80k cut of the deal !
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: accrington match thread   accrington match thread - Page 3 EmptySun Sep 28, 2014 9:53 am

Tringreen wrote:
They're both disasters. One surrounds himself with childlike self promoting janners, so that he gets  a free ride to try to cash in and the other is dour and uninspiring.

Let's not complain, let's rattle buckets and wheel out a stream of ex players to amuse the locals.

Wake me up when this nightmare is over

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: accrington match thread   accrington match thread - Page 3 EmptySun Sep 28, 2014 9:55 am

Punchdrunk wrote:
Tringreen wrote:
They're both disasters. One surrounds himself with childlike self promoting janners, so that he gets  a free ride to try to cash in and the other is dour and uninspiring.

Do they not do anything new at these shows!!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: accrington match thread   accrington match thread - Page 3 EmptySun Sep 28, 2014 10:04 am

Angry wrote:
Punchdrunk wrote:
Tringreen wrote:

Do they not do anything new at these shows!!!

Dimwits are easily pleased.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: accrington match thread   accrington match thread - Page 3 EmptySun Sep 28, 2014 10:24 am

Elias wrote:
Dont forget ipswichs 80k cut of the deal !

Even considering that, selling the club captain and releasing Luke Young should have comfortably provided funds for a top League Two centre midfielder. Instead we gave Ollie Norburn a trial, gave him a deal on the back of a good performance against Weston Super Mare and seem to have concluded our business.

We lost our club captain, one of the best centre mids in the league, at the same time as releasing our best playmaker - and replaced the two of them with a benchwarmer.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: accrington match thread   accrington match thread - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

accrington match thread
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next