hairy j
GreenSam
Mapperley, darling
SwimWithTheTide
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage

The night before the Accrington v Argyle match thread Empty
PostSubject: The night before the Accrington v Argyle match thread   The night before the Accrington v Argyle match thread EmptyFri Mar 21, 2014 4:19 pm

C'mon Bristol Rovers!

C'mon Hartlepool!

A win for both of them would do us some good.
Back to top Go down
SwimWithTheTide

SwimWithTheTide

PostSubject: Re: The night before the Accrington v Argyle match thread   The night before the Accrington v Argyle match thread EmptyFri Mar 21, 2014 5:35 pm

Would rather an Oxford - Hartlepool draw. H'pool are one of the sides eyeing play offs from out the pack.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The night before the Accrington v Argyle match thread   The night before the Accrington v Argyle match thread EmptyFri Mar 21, 2014 5:37 pm

A Rovers win, and an Oxford - Hartlepool draw would be the best results for Argyle I reckon.
Back to top Go down
Mapperley, darling

Mapperley, darling

PostSubject: Re: The night before the Accrington v Argyle match thread   The night before the Accrington v Argyle match thread EmptyFri Mar 21, 2014 7:19 pm

matters not one jot. accies are on a great bit of form, scoring for fun, argyle have had a blip and i fear more to come. southend will be in the playoff place tomorrow at 5, as well as tonight.
Back to top Go down
http://www.nicegarden.co.uk
GreenSam

PostSubject: Re: The night before the Accrington v Argyle match thread   The night before the Accrington v Argyle match thread EmptyFri Mar 21, 2014 10:21 pm

Bad news that Oxford won but not catastrophic. Still only 5 points off them with a game in hand AND yet to play them. Easily reversable.

Southend on the other hand really are in full kamikaze mode now. 12 games since they last won a game. Over two months. Hartlepool have also won one, drawn one and lost three on their last five. Their good form has also fell to pieces.

By far and away the biggest threat to our 7th place spot is York.

Last edited by GreenSam on Fri Mar 21, 2014 10:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
GreenSam

PostSubject: Re: The night before the Accrington v Argyle match thread   The night before the Accrington v Argyle match thread EmptyFri Mar 21, 2014 10:22 pm

Mapperley, darling wrote:
matters not one jot. accies are on a great bit of form, scoring for fun, argyle have had a blip and i fear more to come. southend will be in the playoff place tomorrow at 5, as well as tonight.
Southend drew tonight and are behind us having played a game more. Argyle are also in much better form than Accrington. Here to help  Very Happy 
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The night before the Accrington v Argyle match thread   The night before the Accrington v Argyle match thread EmptyFri Mar 21, 2014 10:30 pm

Oh well, one out of two. I'd have preferred a Rovers win but that puts us further away from Southend IF we win the game in hand.

Trouble is games in hand are no good unless they at least equal the chasing teams' results. Big one tomorrow at Accrington. A good win tomorrow would do something for our useless GD.
Back to top Go down
hairy j

hairy j

PostSubject: Re: The night before the Accrington v Argyle match thread   The night before the Accrington v Argyle match thread EmptySat Mar 22, 2014 8:08 am

I post in a neutral League 2 thread on a non-football related forum and believe me, all the fans on that are equally doom and gloom. None of them ever expect to win. Our form and our last ten results are superb. We didn't have a blip - we lost against Scunthorpe. We're really in the driving seat. Winning five in a row is a big ask for York. Accrington away isn't something I'm worried about. They've never beaten us. The games are usually drawn.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The night before the Accrington v Argyle match thread   The night before the Accrington v Argyle match thread EmptySat Mar 22, 2014 8:37 am

Once again this morning I find myself agreeing with hairy Bloke. Access have had two thumping wins, the sort of wins that get the other managers looking to see how to stop them doing it to them, I believe that it happened to us recently after our four and five nils. Monkey hangers could still be a threat and so could York but hen any of them including us could hit a patch like Southends.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The night before the Accrington v Argyle match thread   The night before the Accrington v Argyle match thread EmptySat Mar 22, 2014 11:02 am

It's still in our hands, We can wish for no more. Nick a point or hopefully 3 today and thrash our stunted neighbours on Tuesday and it's happy days Very Happy 
Back to top Go down
Mapperley, darling

Mapperley, darling

PostSubject: Re: The night before the Accrington v Argyle match thread   The night before the Accrington v Argyle match thread EmptySat Mar 22, 2014 12:02 pm

GreenSam wrote:
Mapperley, darling wrote:
Southend drew tonight and are behind us having played a game more. Argyle are also in much better form than Accrington. Here to help  Very Happy 

just shows how good at the prediction league i am, see me at the top  Very Happy 

most pleasing result last night, but i'll stand by my prediction for argo today, as i notice asti has chosen the same scoreline!
Back to top Go down
http://www.nicegarden.co.uk

PostSubject: Re: The night before the Accrington v Argyle match thread   The night before the Accrington v Argyle match thread EmptySat Mar 22, 2014 12:35 pm

AstiSpumante wrote:
It's still in our hands, We can wish for no more. Nick a point or hopefully 3 today and thrash our stunted neighbours on Tuesday and it's happy days Very Happy 
Amen to that afro 
Back to top Go down
PatDunne

PostSubject: Re: The night before the Accrington v Argyle match thread   The night before the Accrington v Argyle match thread EmptySat Mar 22, 2014 2:24 pm

Steve Harris at 22 the Avenue.................. Very Happy 
Back to top Go down
hairy j

hairy j

PostSubject: Re: The night before the Accrington v Argyle match thread   The night before the Accrington v Argyle match thread EmptySat Mar 22, 2014 2:44 pm

Radio on. Had a Bishop's Finger in me. About to have an Old Speckled Hen and a Hobgoblin.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The night before the Accrington v Argyle match thread   The night before the Accrington v Argyle match thread EmptySat Mar 22, 2014 2:46 pm

01 Cole
08 Boco
26 Parsons
17 Nelson
16 Trotman
04 Blanchard
27 Gurrieri
06 Hourihane
28 Obadeyi
09 Reid
11 Blizzard
Substitutes
10 Morgan
14 Young
15 Wotton
18 Harvey
20 Banton
25 Purrington
32 Dawson
Back to top Go down
Dick Trickle

PostSubject: Re: The night before the Accrington v Argyle match thread   The night before the Accrington v Argyle match thread EmptySat Mar 22, 2014 2:46 pm

hairy j wrote:
Radio on. Had a Bishop's Finger in me. About to have an Old Speckled Hen and a Hobgoblin.

I've decided on Waitrose own cider. A nice drop.

Swimming, football practice, homework, lunch, park all done. Children on DVD duty from 3pm and missus in the bath, although sadly head still above the water line. Game on. ROAR  jocolor 
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The night before the Accrington v Argyle match thread   The night before the Accrington v Argyle match thread EmptySat Mar 22, 2014 2:48 pm

I shall have a nice cup of tea.
Back to top Go down
hairy j

hairy j

PostSubject: Re: The night before the Accrington v Argyle match thread   The night before the Accrington v Argyle match thread EmptySat Mar 22, 2014 2:49 pm

Thanks for the team sheet knecht, we'll win easy with formation. Kids watching Frozen, other kid out somewhere - where do 14 year olds go. Missus out. Hairy in the kitchen. Real ale, real football. Game on.
Back to top Go down
hairy j

hairy j

PostSubject: Re: The night before the Accrington v Argyle match thread   The night before the Accrington v Argyle match thread EmptySat Mar 22, 2014 2:52 pm

Hail storm coming down - the size of mice bollocks - it's an omen!
Back to top Go down
hairy j

hairy j

PostSubject: Re: The night before the Accrington v Argyle match thread   The night before the Accrington v Argyle match thread EmptySat Mar 22, 2014 3:01 pm

Boco....Boco. Nooooooooooo. We should have a minute silence for that. feckin hell.
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: The night before the Accrington v Argyle match thread   The night before the Accrington v Argyle match thread EmptySat Mar 22, 2014 3:11 pm

Anyone know any Arsenal fans?  Very Happy 

PepsiPete Forecasting League Champion 2016-17

He was behind me at Charlton!  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Now an officially semi retired old fart! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Dick Trickle

PostSubject: Re: The night before the Accrington v Argyle match thread   The night before the Accrington v Argyle match thread EmptySat Mar 22, 2014 3:12 pm

I know a few but they all seem to have their phones switched off....?
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: The night before the Accrington v Argyle match thread   The night before the Accrington v Argyle match thread EmptySat Mar 22, 2014 3:14 pm

Funny that!  laugh 

PepsiPete Forecasting League Champion 2016-17

He was behind me at Charlton!  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Now an officially semi retired old fart! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
hairy j

hairy j

PostSubject: Re: The night before the Accrington v Argyle match thread   The night before the Accrington v Argyle match thread EmptySat Mar 22, 2014 3:17 pm

I realise why my missus has gone out - she's a scouser. Accrington are, after all, the best team up there.
Back to top Go down
hairy j

hairy j

PostSubject: Re: The night before the Accrington v Argyle match thread   The night before the Accrington v Argyle match thread EmptySat Mar 22, 2014 3:34 pm

Yeahhhhhhhhhh Reidy!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The night before the Accrington v Argyle match thread   The night before the Accrington v Argyle match thread Empty

Back to top Go down

The night before the Accrington v Argyle match thread
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next