katman
Tringreen
Freathy
Nick
16 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage

Accrington v Argyle - the Richard Blight Match thread Empty
PostSubject: Accrington v Argyle - the Richard Blight Match thread   Accrington v Argyle - the Richard Blight Match thread EmptySat Feb 18, 2012 8:39 am

Matchday again, another opportunity to start the 'It's just like watching Brazil' chant, and marvel at the skill, ability and craft of our collection of footballing demi-Gods.

Or another away match at a grim Northern shithole, with Argyle getiing turned over by semi-skilled bunch of cloggers. It all depends upon your point of view, I guess.

So, predictions? Accrington 2-1 Argyle (and yes, I know there's a forecasting thread, but what the hell...) and bottom of the league at 5pm tonight. I wish I could be more optimistic but this season has seen all the optimism I possess sucked out of me.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Accrington v Argyle - the Richard Blight Match thread   Accrington v Argyle - the Richard Blight Match thread EmptySat Feb 18, 2012 8:54 am

It's pouring with rain oop north too, just to rub salt in the wounds of the travelling fans. I've made my prediction on the correct thread as I don't want the wrath of Tring raining down on me.

At least there's cricket on soon, which will take me nicely up to the match, where I'm looking forward to the positivity that will be flowing in the chatroom once we start ripping Stanley apart Laughing And then tonight I will be watching Klitchko tear Derreck Chisora into little pieces for slapping him at the weigh in. Chisora didn't have a prayer before the weigh in, but now I hope Klitchko batters him round after round, but making sure he doesn't knock him out until he's taken suitable punishment.
Back to top Go down
Nick

Nick

PostSubject: Re: Accrington v Argyle - the Richard Blight Match thread   Accrington v Argyle - the Richard Blight Match thread EmptySat Feb 18, 2012 8:56 am

Pedantry corner: we won't be bottom come 5pm cos Northampton ain't playing. Unless we lose by two goals (I think - or it might be by three goals) and that could never happen, right? Right? Right? Oh...
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: Accrington v Argyle - the Richard Blight Match thread   Accrington v Argyle - the Richard Blight Match thread EmptySat Feb 18, 2012 9:02 am

Accrington Stanley (I still can't believe we're actualling playing them - and as underdogs) would need to be shit beyond belief not to win this one. And no team is that shit. It'll be another defeat.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Accrington v Argyle - the Richard Blight Match thread   Accrington v Argyle - the Richard Blight Match thread EmptySat Feb 18, 2012 9:07 am

The 'Wrath of Tring' No

More like the 'Trials of Tring' king
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Accrington v Argyle - the Richard Blight Match thread   Accrington v Argyle - the Richard Blight Match thread EmptySat Feb 18, 2012 11:24 am

There's loads of athletics on the telly this afternoon, including Mo Farrah. I'm sorely tempted to watch it.

What channel's the Klitschko fight on? (Not that it makes much difference: I rang Virgin on Thursday and cancelled nearly all my channels. Just five hours before the start of a film I'd planned to watch. On one of those channels.)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Accrington v Argyle - the Richard Blight Match thread   Accrington v Argyle - the Richard Blight Match thread EmptySat Feb 18, 2012 11:30 am

Peggy wrote:
There's loads of athletics on the telly this afternoon, including Mo Farrah. I'm sorely tempted to watch it.

What channel's the Klitschko fight on? (Not that it makes much difference: I rang Virgin on Thursday and cancelled nearly all my channels. Just five hours before the start of a film I'd planned to watch. On one of those channels.)

It's on Box Nation, which is ppv, but it will be streamed free on Justin TV by someone.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Accrington v Argyle - the Richard Blight Match thread   Accrington v Argyle - the Richard Blight Match thread EmptySat Feb 18, 2012 11:34 am

Thanks flower

5Live it is, then.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Accrington v Argyle - the Richard Blight Match thread   Accrington v Argyle - the Richard Blight Match thread EmptySat Feb 18, 2012 11:35 am

Its £15 ppv, which will work out around £1 per second that Chisora stays on his feet Razz
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Accrington v Argyle - the Richard Blight Match thread   Accrington v Argyle - the Richard Blight Match thread EmptySat Feb 18, 2012 11:39 am

Greenjock wrote:
Its £15 ppv, which will work out around £1 per second that Chisora stays on his feet Razz

If you've got Sky, the fight is free on Boxnation
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Accrington v Argyle - the Richard Blight Match thread   Accrington v Argyle - the Richard Blight Match thread EmptySat Feb 18, 2012 11:41 am

Greenjock wrote:

He's going to have his head ripped from his shoulders tonight after what he did yesterday. It's the boxing equivalent of throwing chum into a sea full of great whites and putting on your speedo's for a dip.

ANyway we have a game on first....I'd take and am expecting a point to set us up for the biggest game of the season so far.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Accrington v Argyle - the Richard Blight Match thread   Accrington v Argyle - the Richard Blight Match thread EmptySat Feb 18, 2012 12:08 pm

Enjoy Life wrote:
Greenjock wrote:

He's going to have his head ripped from his shoulders tonight after what he did yesterday. It's the boxing equivalent of throwing chum into a sea full of great whites and putting on your speedo's for a dip.

ANyway we have a game on first....I'd take and am expecting a point to set us up for the biggest game of the season so far.

Unless it's a really clever tactic, designed to make Klitschko lose his cool and throw wild punches for 10 rounds, when Chisora pounces Ali-like and picks off the worn out champion Razz

It's not free on Virgin!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Accrington v Argyle - the Richard Blight Match thread   Accrington v Argyle - the Richard Blight Match thread EmptySat Feb 18, 2012 12:13 pm

Greenjock wrote:
Enjoy Life wrote:
Greenjock wrote:

Unless it's a really clever tactic, designed to make Klitschko lose his cool and throw wild punches for 10 rounds, when Chisora pounces Ali-like and picks off the worn out champion Razz

It's not free on Virgin!

There's a great clip on You Tube of Ali on Parky talking about the rumble in the jungle and Ali saying that he used to wind up Foreman deliberately, both before and during the fight, so that he got mad, lost control and tired out. The funniest line is when Foreman is against the ropes and can barely lift his arms. Ali says to him "Man...you've just picked the wrong place to get tired.." Classic.

Chisora is no Ali....and granted Klitschko is no Foreman but he's still going to get battered.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Accrington v Argyle - the Richard Blight Match thread   Accrington v Argyle - the Richard Blight Match thread EmptySat Feb 18, 2012 12:29 pm

My Mother has Parkinsons disease. She goes around interviewing everyone.
Back to top Go down
katman

PostSubject: Re: Accrington v Argyle - the Richard Blight Match thread   Accrington v Argyle - the Richard Blight Match thread EmptySat Feb 18, 2012 12:37 pm

Peggy wrote:

Thinking of doing the same after they put up the price by £3.50 a month
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Accrington v Argyle - the Richard Blight Match thread   Accrington v Argyle - the Richard Blight Match thread EmptySat Feb 18, 2012 12:46 pm

Every time my Virgin TV goes off or my broadband goes down, I call them and complain and always get a credit of £10 off the next bill. I threatened to cancel my contract when the broadband was intermittant one day and the person I complained to wasn't very helpful, and they offered me a half price package for 6 months!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Accrington v Argyle - the Richard Blight Match thread   Accrington v Argyle - the Richard Blight Match thread EmptySat Feb 18, 2012 1:30 pm

We need 3 points today.

Head's saying 1-1 or 2-1 to stanley though.

Watching the chelsea game at the moment, Birmingham completley containing them and lead by 1 at the break. If only we were half the team they are.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Accrington v Argyle - the Richard Blight Match thread   Accrington v Argyle - the Richard Blight Match thread EmptySat Feb 18, 2012 1:36 pm

Chat box in place for the match.
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: Accrington v Argyle - the Richard Blight Match thread   Accrington v Argyle - the Richard Blight Match thread EmptySat Feb 18, 2012 2:04 pm

For those in need of pre-match entertainment there is a good, if rather smiley heavy, Accrington view of us on their predict the score thread which can be found here [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Mostly they expect to win.
Back to top Go down
http://sicparvismagna.com

PostSubject: Re: Accrington v Argyle - the Richard Blight Match thread   Accrington v Argyle - the Richard Blight Match thread EmptySat Feb 18, 2012 2:34 pm

Same team as Tuesday, but with Larrieu in goal. Can't see it being tactical as Cole's not even on the bench. Larrieu must be rusty and I thought he was on the decline anyway. Could be a long afternoon.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Accrington v Argyle.....   Accrington v Argyle - the Richard Blight Match thread EmptySat Feb 18, 2012 2:40 pm

Well Sir Francis, I think (hope really) they'll all be disappointed; especially the 8-1 forecast. Smile

I'll be suicidal if that one comes up trumps. Even 5-2 would be horrifiic. No

Merv Plummer
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Accrington v Argyle - the Richard Blight Match thread   Accrington v Argyle - the Richard Blight Match thread EmptySat Feb 18, 2012 2:49 pm

uuum I errrrrm fink emmmmm it will uuum be a emmmm draw confused
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: Accrington v Argyle - the Richard Blight Match thread   Accrington v Argyle - the Richard Blight Match thread EmptySat Feb 18, 2012 3:06 pm

Yay! 1-0 to us. MacDonald.
Back to top Go down
http://sicparvismagna.com
JonB

JonB

PostSubject: Re: Accrington v Argyle - the Richard Blight Match thread   Accrington v Argyle - the Richard Blight Match thread EmptySat Feb 18, 2012 3:45 pm

2-0 MacDonald 3' & 24'.......
Back to top Go down
http://www.grumpypig.co.uk
Moist_Von_Lipwig

Moist_Von_Lipwig

PostSubject: Re: Accrington v Argyle - the Richard Blight Match thread   Accrington v Argyle - the Richard Blight Match thread EmptySat Feb 18, 2012 4:59 pm

I didn't see that coming!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Accrington v Argyle - the Richard Blight Match thread   Accrington v Argyle - the Richard Blight Match thread Empty

Back to top Go down

Accrington v Argyle - the Richard Blight Match thread
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next