Plymouth Argyle Talk - Democratic

The 'ONLY' Independent Internet Forum for Argyle Fans

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Graham Coughlan is an average joe soap defender thread (luton match)

Go down 
+16
Dane
Sir Francis Drake
Dick Trickle
Elias
stephensdad
zyph
seadog
hippo
Greenskin
Mock Cuncher
Czarcasm
Moist_Von_Lipwig
akagreengull
sufferedsince 68
gasser9
tigertony
20 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
zyph

zyph

Graham Coughlan is an average joe soap defender thread (luton match) - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Graham Coughlan is an average joe soap defender thread (luton match)   Graham Coughlan is an average joe soap defender thread (luton match) - Page 4 EmptySat Sep 06, 2014 4:00 pm

akagreengull wrote:
Listened to whole game on radio Dem - don't quite see the need for negative posts, the team played well as a group, did'nt they?
cheers cheers cheers drunken

They did what was required....I agree ....I can't understand why some give negative posts either.
Back to top Go down

Graham Coughlan is an average joe soap defender thread (luton match) - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Graham Coughlan is an average joe soap defender thread (luton match)   Graham Coughlan is an average joe soap defender thread (luton match) - Page 4 EmptySat Sep 06, 2014 4:26 pm

akagreengull wrote:
Listened to whole game on radio Dem - don't quite see the need for negative posts, the team played well as a group, did'nt they?

Dont judge any argyle performance from the mouth of gordon sparks alone. he would make chess sound like a game of darts if he was paid enough.

We played ok nothing poor first half better second. As i said if it ended 0-0 no one could really dispute it as it was that mehh a game.
Back to top Go down
stephensdad

PostSubject: Re: Graham Coughlan is an average joe soap defender thread (luton match)   Graham Coughlan is an average joe soap defender thread (luton match) - Page 4 EmptySat Sep 06, 2014 5:32 pm

I thought second half we were excellent and in control. Three clean sheets out of six speaks volumes. To me it does anyway.
Back to top Go down
gasser9

PostSubject: Re: Graham Coughlan is an average joe soap defender thread (luton match)   Graham Coughlan is an average joe soap defender thread (luton match) - Page 4 EmptySat Sep 06, 2014 5:41 pm

Nelson was outstanding all game and Reuben was also excellent and held the ball up well when we needed him too. Luke was self assured but apart from one first half effort had little to do.
We looked solid at the back and there are signs of optimism for the future.
Not sure what to make of Banton but he is one of those players we have to persevere with IMO. Can be very ordinary for 88 minutes but can produce something out of the ordinary from time to time. Perhaps he can be our very own David Fairclough and come on late and seal the victory.
Onward and upward.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Graham Coughlan is an average joe soap defender thread (luton match)   Graham Coughlan is an average joe soap defender thread (luton match) - Page 4 EmptySat Sep 06, 2014 6:02 pm

gasser9 wrote:
Nelson was outstanding all game and Reuben was also excellent and held the ball up well when we needed him too. Luke was self assured but apart from one first half effort had little to do.
We looked solid at the back and there are signs of optimism for the future.
Not sure what to make of Banton but he is one of those players we have to persevere with IMO. Can be very ordinary for 88 minutes but can produce something out of the ordinary from time to time. Perhaps he can be our very own David Fairclough and come on late and seal the victory.
Onward and upward.

Nelson also made a few errors too at first i thought he was honouring connolly with that backpass lol
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Graham Coughlan is an average joe soap defender thread (luton match)   Graham Coughlan is an average joe soap defender thread (luton match) - Page 4 EmptySat Sep 06, 2014 8:04 pm

zyph wrote:
akagreengull wrote:

They did what was required....I agree ....I can't understand why some give negative posts either.

Are you for real Zyph ? By far the most negative post on this entire thread was made by you when you tried to stir the pot by baiting Punchdrunk. I'm aware of what's gone on in the past between the two of you but your inability to let bygones be bygones is more becoming of a 15 year old than a 75 year old.

Weren't you warned a week or two ago when you started a thread about somebody trolling your beloved 606 Sleep (the Charleymouse thread where you wrongly assumed he was an ATD member ? he subsequently joined just to set the record straight iirc) You must be sailing very close to the wind with this latest attempt to destabilise the smooth running of this forum.
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: Graham Coughlan is an average joe soap defender thread (luton match)   Graham Coughlan is an average joe soap defender thread (luton match) - Page 4 EmptySat Sep 06, 2014 8:29 pm

A proper bitey scratchy keep 'em out and nick one away win.

Lovely.

Also: write Luton off as a promotion threat; they'll be lucky to stay up.
Back to top Go down
http://sicparvismagna.com

PostSubject: Re: Graham Coughlan is an average joe soap defender thread (luton match)   Graham Coughlan is an average joe soap defender thread (luton match) - Page 4 EmptySat Sep 06, 2014 8:35 pm

Sir Francis Drake wrote:

Lovely.

I think they will stay up they got the right sort of manager in John Still and once they get that first win every will eventually click all the signs were there to see today they could be a threat albeit not a promotion chasing one.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Graham Coughlan is an average joe soap defender thread (luton match)   Graham Coughlan is an average joe soap defender thread (luton match) - Page 4 EmptySat Sep 06, 2014 9:24 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Steve McNulty, 30 years of age, discuss.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Graham Coughlan is an average joe soap defender thread (luton match)   Graham Coughlan is an average joe soap defender thread (luton match) - Page 4 EmptySat Sep 06, 2014 9:53 pm

Hard paper round ?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Graham Coughlan is an average joe soap defender thread (luton match)   Graham Coughlan is an average joe soap defender thread (luton match) - Page 4 EmptySat Sep 06, 2014 10:09 pm

ejh wrote:

he is mid 40's if anything..... he's not fooling me
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Graham Coughlan is an average joe soap defender thread (luton match)   Graham Coughlan is an average joe soap defender thread (luton match) - Page 4 EmptySat Sep 06, 2014 10:12 pm

Nice tits.
Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Graham Coughlan is an average joe soap defender thread (luton match)   Graham Coughlan is an average joe soap defender thread (luton match) - Page 4 EmptySat Sep 06, 2014 10:35 pm

Pie Face's twin
Back to top Go down
Dane

Dane

PostSubject: Re: Graham Coughlan is an average joe soap defender thread (luton match)   Graham Coughlan is an average joe soap defender thread (luton match) - Page 4 EmptySat Sep 06, 2014 10:54 pm

there were 3 stand out performers for me.

Reid
Nelson
McCormack

But nelson was fantastic. That kid is gonna be some player in my opinion.

How long argyle will keep hold of nelson and Reid is another issue
Back to top Go down
tigertony

tigertony

PostSubject: Re: Graham Coughlan is an average joe soap defender thread (luton match)   Graham Coughlan is an average joe soap defender thread (luton match) - Page 4 EmptySat Sep 06, 2014 11:09 pm

Greenskin wrote:
Greenskin wrote:
One good thing about watching it on the telly at home is that you can at least have a half time ciggy as a consolation.Argyle still in it but not very great cause for optimism.

WTF do i know about it.Much better performance second half and deserved winners,superb piece of individual skill from Blizzard-exactly what Argyle need,goals from unusual sources to win games like that.Didn't agree with Reid as MOM,he certainly played well second half when the service improved but Nelson was excellent throughout.What you'd call a Luggy 2001/2 performance and such wins are the bedrock of success.Good stuff.
My thoughts exactly. I hope young Bray's injury is not too bad because in his 3 and half seconds on the field he looked quite nippy.
Back to top Go down
gasser9

PostSubject: Re: Graham Coughlan is an average joe soap defender thread (luton match)   Graham Coughlan is an average joe soap defender thread (luton match) - Page 4 EmptySun Sep 07, 2014 6:55 am

ejh wrote:

Something McCarthyesque about him.
Back to top Go down
SwimWithTheTide

SwimWithTheTide

PostSubject: Re: Graham Coughlan is an average joe soap defender thread (luton match)   Graham Coughlan is an average joe soap defender thread (luton match) - Page 4 EmptySun Sep 07, 2014 8:04 am

Sir Francis Drake wrote:

Lovely.

Yeah I couldn't understand the hype for Luton to go straight up again. They didn't spend particularly well and they lost their 30 goal striker. Cheltenham +20 on the handicap however is proving an absolute steal @18s. The young Brum defender they got on loan, Koby Arthur, is brilliant - saw him play at St Andrews a couple times last season and I think he played against us in the COC. Surprised Shez didn't look into his availability after that match as that seems to be the latest player scouting tactic at HP.

Not the greatest performance yesterday, but still plenty of positives to take from it - none more so than the result of course. We saw the best and worst of Blizzard. The opposition skipped round him too easy, but come the end he skipped round them with ease. Banton clearly isn't a winger. McCormick is clearly seen as our side's best passer. Reid will always struggle when up top alone and having the ball lumped up to him. The wingers need to come narrow and support Reid and we need a midfield player who's willing to get forward and close to Reid, perhaps even overlap him through the middle; Tyler maybe?
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Graham Coughlan is an average joe soap defender thread (luton match)   Graham Coughlan is an average joe soap defender thread (luton match) - Page 4 EmptySun Sep 07, 2014 8:38 am

What is Banton then, if not a winger? Of course he's a winger. Just at the minute, not a very good one.

There's also a big difference in lumping long hopeful balls towards Reid, and playing mid-range balls in to him. His strength will always give him the edge against defenders in an almost Mickey Evans-esque type of way.
Back to top Go down
SwimWithTheTide

SwimWithTheTide

PostSubject: Re: Graham Coughlan is an average joe soap defender thread (luton match)   Graham Coughlan is an average joe soap defender thread (luton match) - Page 4 EmptySun Sep 07, 2014 11:08 am

Banton is more of a number 10 imo, not a left winger. Not in a side without any attack minded midfielders with at least an ounce of creativity anyway.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Graham Coughlan is an average joe soap defender thread (luton match)   Graham Coughlan is an average joe soap defender thread (luton match) - Page 4 EmptySun Sep 07, 2014 1:14 pm

He ain't a number 10 for me. Far and away the biggest asset a number 10 needs is the vision and ability to ping through balls in and pick a pass. That ain't Bantons game. When his game is on, his strength is his trickery and running at people. Again, when his game is on, his ability to cut in from the left and strike at goal is his strength.

He just ain't doin it lately.
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

PostSubject: Re: Graham Coughlan is an average joe soap defender thread (luton match)   Graham Coughlan is an average joe soap defender thread (luton match) - Page 4 EmptySun Sep 07, 2014 2:14 pm

game on 1 in 7 ?
Back to top Go down
SwimWithTheTide

SwimWithTheTide

PostSubject: Re: Graham Coughlan is an average joe soap defender thread (luton match)   Graham Coughlan is an average joe soap defender thread (luton match) - Page 4 EmptySun Sep 07, 2014 2:42 pm

Agree to a degree Czar. Banton should be able to perform well on the left wing, but the best we've seen from him has been from behind the striker. I'd prefer an attacking midfield player who is more willing to burst forward and get ahead of Reid - like Friio used to do. Harvey is probably the only player we have who could do that and previously it was Hourihane. Such a shame with the Conor situation, we were crying out for a holding player for years and now we've got two but lack the creative type.

But in terms of Banton, I think his strongest position is as a CF. He's way too inconsistent with regards to his effectiveness as a LW. Get him central and on the ball more in a match and you improve the chances of his shit coming off.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Graham Coughlan is an average joe soap defender thread (luton match)   Graham Coughlan is an average joe soap defender thread (luton match) - Page 4 EmptySun Sep 07, 2014 2:48 pm

Banton hasnt produced anything of merit since he has comme back imo nothing like the impact he had during his loan spell.
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PostSubject: Re: Graham Coughlan is an average joe soap defender thread (luton match)   Graham Coughlan is an average joe soap defender thread (luton match) - Page 4 EmptySun Sep 07, 2014 4:07 pm

I felt Argyle were never troubled in this fixture and i also thought Luton Town were dire. Excellent strike and goal by Blizzard goal too..

Last edited by VillageGreen on Sun Sep 07, 2014 4:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PostSubject: Re: Graham Coughlan is an average joe soap defender thread (luton match)   Graham Coughlan is an average joe soap defender thread (luton match) - Page 4 EmptySun Sep 07, 2014 4:08 pm

ejh wrote:

My god, the years have not been kind to him then Very Happy ....
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Graham Coughlan is an average joe soap defender thread (luton match)   Graham Coughlan is an average joe soap defender thread (luton match) - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

Graham Coughlan is an average joe soap defender thread (luton match)
Page 4 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next