125+1
Czarcasm
Greenskin
Tgwu
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage

Curtis Nelson-appointed - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Curtis Nelson-appointed   Curtis Nelson-appointed - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 18, 2014 9:34 pm

ejh wrote:
Whilst I do not judge McCormick for that tragedy, I do agree that placing him in any captaincy role does neither Luke or the club any favours.

McCormick is better off left out the limelight, away from a senior position at the head of the club, and left to concentrate on his day job of catching footballs.

Yep.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Curtis Nelson-appointed   Curtis Nelson-appointed - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 18, 2014 9:35 pm

spowell92 wrote:
Angry wrote:
Punchdrunk wrote:
It's the club's own fault for re signing him in the first place, Goalkeeper issues have never been at the front of the playing squad's problems anyhow imho.
They knew full well that bringing him back would bring with it bad publicity issues, but for then to make him Club Captain deserves all the bad press that comes swinging they're way.

Some talk about him having this role as a second chance in life but he had that with his career and family. How much more does he warrant!

"Some talk". You mean the woman who wrote the article? It's a rehashed news story from when he rejoined the club that the tabloids are releasing to fill the gaps in their gutter paper. "How much more does he warrant". Jesus. Are you dictating some moral limitations on what he is allowed to achieve in his career? Like you say, he's been fortunate enough to have a second chance in life; and his ability to be rehabilitated and regain freedom is that. Does he need to halt or stop that career if it suddenly becomes too good? Only 5 clean sheets allowed this season Luke, or else you're having too good a time. Promotion Luke? Oh no, you know you're not allowed that. FFS, he's back in the best job he knows and is free to excel as much as possible within it... Not like this is excelling, it's an internal role with a few extra responsibilities within the squad. He's not the public figurehead, that's Curtis and Hartley is vice to that. Talk about a feckin mountain out of a molehill.

rather sexist talk isnt it  raised eyebrow raised eyebrow

in a nutshell if he played for another club and not ours you'd probably be mortified someone who killed two kids is getting treated like a role model.

yeah you would.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Curtis Nelson-appointed   Curtis Nelson-appointed - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 18, 2014 9:45 pm

I can remember when Lee Hughes played for Notts County and got booed by the Forza Nerd twonks.
The very same ones that sing 'super luke'
Says it all really
Back to top Go down
SwimWithTheTide

SwimWithTheTide

PostSubject: Re: Curtis Nelson-appointed   Curtis Nelson-appointed - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 18, 2014 9:46 pm

Punchy, you're twisting my words. The molehill is in regards of the faux-controversy brewing because some gutter newspapers rehash an old story to fit a new situation. I think you know that I'm not making light of Luke's actions.

Angry, wtf are you on about sexist? In a nutshell, don't make assumptions of my beliefs.

In a nutshell, if you've an issue with the justice system then take those concerns to the source. It's like blaming FIFAs corruption on Swindon Town...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Curtis Nelson-appointed   Curtis Nelson-appointed - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 18, 2014 10:00 pm

spowell92 wrote:
Punchy, you're twisting my words. The molehill is in regards of the faux-controversy brewing because some gutter newspapers rehash an old story to fit a new situation. I think you know that I'm not making light of Luke's actions.

Angry, wtf are you on about sexist? In a nutshell, don't make assumptions of my beliefs.

In a nutshell, if you've an issue with the justice system then take those concerns to the source. It's like blaming FIFAs corruption on Swindon Town...

Trying to justify death by dangerous driving by lashing rewards is disgusting. Luke already has had his career back not to mention has a family of his own now since coming out that is more than what some get and would call a fantastic second chance in life he warrants no more than that regardless of his ability and character.

he's done his time yes but that doesnt mean anything has been whitewashed or forgotten about despite the clubs and some fans best efforts.
Back to top Go down
SwimWithTheTide

SwimWithTheTide

PostSubject: Re: Curtis Nelson-appointed   Curtis Nelson-appointed - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 18, 2014 10:07 pm

Angry wrote:
spowell92 wrote:

Trying to justify death by dangerous driving by lashing rewards is disgusting. Luke already has had his career back not to mention has a family of his own now since coming out that is more than what some get and would call a fantastic second chance in life he warrants no more than that regardless of his ability and character.

he's done his time yes but that doesnt mean anything has been whitewashed or forgotten about despite the clubs and some fans best efforts.

Angry, you're making yourself sound like a complete moron. Lashing rewards to try and justify his actions? That is literally in the top 5 most absurd and stupid things I have ever read.

He's come back from serving his time and shown total remorse. No one and nothing can justify what he did. But he's worked hard at his job and has been duly allocated a few extra duties and a new role. You're right it is a fantastic second chance. Nothing is being forgotten, I don't actually believe that a lot has been forgiven either. There are no excuses for what Luke did. But I am accepting of him, of his remorse, his rehabilitation and his new life.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Curtis Nelson-appointed   Curtis Nelson-appointed - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 18, 2014 10:14 pm

spowell92 wrote:
Angry wrote:
spowell92 wrote:

Angry, you're making yourself sound like a complete moron. Lashing rewards to try and justify his actions? That is literally in the top 5 most absurd and stupid things I have ever read.

He's come back from serving his time and shown total remorse. No one and nothing can justify what he did. But he's worked hard at his job and has been duly allocated a few extra duties and a new role. You're right it is a fantastic second chance. Nothing is being forgotten, I don't actually believe that a lot has been forgiven either. There are no excuses for what Luke did. But I am accepting of him, of his remorse, his rehabilitation and his new life.  

laugh keep trying, your incredible ignorance towards two dead children because the guy happens to play for argyle is simply astonishing.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Curtis Nelson-appointed   Curtis Nelson-appointed - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 18, 2014 10:15 pm

Punchdrunk wrote:
I can remember when Lee Hughes played for Notts County and got booed by the Forza Nerd twonks.
The very same ones that sing 'super luke'
Says it all really

exactly, hypocrites to the very end.
Back to top Go down
SwimWithTheTide

SwimWithTheTide

PostSubject: Re: Curtis Nelson-appointed   Curtis Nelson-appointed - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 18, 2014 10:55 pm

Angry wrote:
spowell92 wrote:
Angry wrote:
spowell92 wrote:

laugh keep trying, your incredible ignorance towards two dead children because the guy happens to play for argyle is simply astonishing.

Could not be further from the truth Angry, I'm not sure what you've got against me personally. You're very weak at arguing points I get that, so you try and frustrate, and to be honest it works because the ignorance and idiocy you spew onto your keyboard can be infuriating, but in truth its pitiful dude...  Crying or Very sad 
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Curtis Nelson-appointed   Curtis Nelson-appointed - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 18, 2014 10:59 pm

i state my own opinion you state the opinion of pasoti, nothing personal of course but im bored of debating with sheep tonight.Sheep Sheep Sheep 

edited to add

if you genuinely think someone convicted of death by dangerous driving of two children while drunk who despite doing his time, being remorseful reformed and all that is the sort of man suitable to hold a prestige & public position while being portrayed as a role model to others and kids is not only wrong but in very poor taste then you truly need to wake up and take the green specs off.
Its not cool to justify what he did as one of those things simply because he plays for argyle. You and others wouldnt do it for anyone else at another club so please save me the moral crap here.

that's all on the matter from me now have your last word on the matter and move on  afro afro afro afro

Last edited by Angry on Sat Jul 19, 2014 10:14 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : closing statement)
Back to top Go down
SwimWithTheTide

SwimWithTheTide

PostSubject: Re: Curtis Nelson-appointed   Curtis Nelson-appointed - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 18, 2014 11:17 pm

It's not a prestigious or public position. Hence, mountain, molehill and a whole load of uninformed crap being reraised on the subject. There's no bias in my opinion here. If you don't agree with the justice system, which is totally reasonable, then argue that. But you're not, you're targeting a man who can do no more than what the system expects of him.
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

PostSubject: Re: Curtis Nelson-appointed   Curtis Nelson-appointed - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 19, 2014 12:06 am

Spowey...

If Nelson is Team Captain - meaning Captain on the pitch - what other "Captains" are really needed?

'Club Captain' is nothing, if not just a 'prestigious and public position'.  These sort of appointments are not really needed by the club at all, and are merely 'promotional' tools.
Back to top Go down
SwimWithTheTide

SwimWithTheTide

PostSubject: Re: Curtis Nelson-appointed   Curtis Nelson-appointed - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 19, 2014 9:29 am

I disagree Rickler, it's an role with minimal extra responsibilities of which all are internal.
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

PostSubject: Re: Curtis Nelson-appointed   Curtis Nelson-appointed - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 19, 2014 9:47 am

To be club captain is a privilaged role and all players surely aspire to be the captain ?

Did you boo lee hughes when he played against us spowell ? Honest answer please......

Back to top Go down
SwimWithTheTide

SwimWithTheTide

PostSubject: Re: Curtis Nelson-appointed   Curtis Nelson-appointed - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 19, 2014 10:21 am

I think Hughes incident is a great deal different to Luke's. Running away from the scene, denying the charges and then he was guilty of assault only a few years ago. But no, I didn't boo him. I ain't clapping him either though.
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

PostSubject: Re: Curtis Nelson-appointed   Curtis Nelson-appointed - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 19, 2014 11:31 am

Fair enough
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

PostSubject: Re: Curtis Nelson-appointed   Curtis Nelson-appointed - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 19, 2014 5:31 pm

spowell92 wrote:
I disagree Rickler, it's an role with minimal extra responsibilities of which all are internal.

Name those "responsibilities"!

...and how come Argyle got away without having various different 'captains' for most of its history?

Sugarcoat it how you want. It's publicity bullshit.
Back to top Go down
SwimWithTheTide

SwimWithTheTide

PostSubject: Re: Curtis Nelson-appointed   Curtis Nelson-appointed - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 19, 2014 5:38 pm

Rickler wrote:
spowell92 wrote:

Name those "responsibilities"!

...and how come Argyle got away without having various different 'captains' for most of its history?

Sugarcoat it how you want.  It's publicity bullshit.

If the "club" need to talk to a player for any reason they can approach Luke and Luke acts as the middle man, he's also the main fella to approach Sheridan or any club officials with squad issues. All internal, all been explained, all being blown waaaay out of proportion for the sake of re-raising this moral debate. It may be publicity bullshit Rickler, but so feckin what? If you've got an issue with the justice system then take it up with them.  Thanks/OK 
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

PostSubject: Re: Curtis Nelson-appointed   Curtis Nelson-appointed - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 19, 2014 5:50 pm

LOL...  Is that the best you can come up with?

Just rehashing the bullshit that Sheridan made up.

You believe that nonsense?  How on earth has this club, and every other managed to perform until now without someone like Luke.  The team captain can handle squad issues

If the club wants to speak with me, the last thing I want is another player knowing my business.

This club captain thing is total bollox
Back to top Go down
SwimWithTheTide

SwimWithTheTide

PostSubject: Re: Curtis Nelson-appointed   Curtis Nelson-appointed - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 19, 2014 6:50 pm

LOL, you got your theories, but yes I truly believe there's nothing in this. You believe that that is ignorant, I believe it's just not speculating on a pointless scenario. The club captain thing is total bollocks, hence why I believe a mountain is being made of this rather pointless molehill.
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PostSubject: Re: Curtis Nelson-appointed   Curtis Nelson-appointed - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 20, 2014 2:30 pm

Punchdrunk wrote:
Angry wrote:
Punchdrunk wrote:
It's the club's own fault for re signing him in the first place, Goalkeeper issues have never been at the front of the playing squad's problems anyhow imho.
They knew full well that bringing him back would bring with it bad publicity issues, but for then to make him Club Captain deserves all the bad press that comes swinging they're way.

Some talk about him having this role as a second chance in life but he had that with his career and family. How much more does he warrant!

Like I said mate ...an absolute howler to make him club captain.
Talk about painting a target on the club or what !!

I have to agree...
Back to top Go down
Rollo Tomasi

PostSubject: Re: Curtis Nelson-appointed   Curtis Nelson-appointed - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 20, 2014 3:29 pm

This is so insensitive and totally uncalled for. Is it so important a role that Luke was deemed the only one suitable. I also think that Luke should have turned it down. A poor show by all those involved.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Curtis Nelson-appointed   Curtis Nelson-appointed - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 20, 2014 6:53 pm

If it's such an important role, why is Nelson the de facto captain? The guy talking to the ref, taking responsibility for the team, making sure everyone is doing their jobs?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Curtis Nelson-appointed   Curtis Nelson-appointed - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Curtis Nelson-appointed
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2