Chemical Ali
Dick Trickle
Tringreen
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage

Peter Jones Empty
PostSubject: Peter Jones   Peter Jones EmptyTue Jun 17, 2014 11:07 am

Interesting quote by the odious thug and bessie mate of Newell, "desargyle" on Pasoti:

desargyle wrote:
In my opinion no real need for a president.
Chris did well in saving the club along with lots of other people.
He has been well rewarded, time now to put to the fans if/who they want as president.
Gary of the green taverners would get my vote but probably to humble to accept it.
We could also vote who we want on the board Peter Jones would not get my vote as he has not put anything into the club.
Not sure what he actually does.
Is he on a wage or does he get expensis fir say away games etc.
Can anyone answer this?

Apart from not being able to spell "expenses" or "for", why has Nool's pint throwing mate suddenly come up with this little question about Peter Jones? Its a bit out of left field don't you think?

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

Peter Jones Empty
PostSubject: Re: Peter Jones   Peter Jones EmptyTue Jun 17, 2014 11:50 am

Get rid of Iddlesleigh and there should be room for the chief bucket rattler on the board ?
Back to top Go down

Peter Jones Empty
PostSubject: Re: Peter Jones   Peter Jones EmptyTue Jun 17, 2014 12:24 pm

Is this Trotsky or Squeeler I forget.

Seems to be querying if Jonesy gets a salary? Snout in the trough so to speak. Dunno where he got the prop for the piggy nose but it's very realistic
Back to top Go down

Peter Jones Empty
PostSubject: Re: Peter Jones   Peter Jones EmptyTue Jun 17, 2014 12:30 pm

Wonder how long before we get a rant from a one post wonder  Pig 
Back to top Go down

Peter Jones Empty
PostSubject: Re: Peter Jones   Peter Jones EmptyTue Jun 17, 2014 12:33 pm

It's quite amusing really, anyone who says anything bad about Nool or Webb is deemed an internet warrior or a coward.

Yet someone posts something about Jones over there and there's not one comment calling him a coward.

Maybe the tide is turning and Jones has realised what a bunch of cnuts infest this club now and this is their way of fighting back.
Back to top Go down
Dick Trickle

Peter Jones Empty
PostSubject: Re: Peter Jones   Peter Jones EmptyTue Jun 17, 2014 12:49 pm

Would be interesting to hear from Damon if this is true but Peter's split last time was partly due to his frustration with "janners". Being an "up the line" supporter and operating in a less parochial environment there was distrust both ways. Maybe the locals on the previous board didn't trust Peter coming down with " 'is fancy London ways" and likewise Peter felt that the local board were not outward looking enough.

Peter Jones and Brent I get.

Peter Jones and Ian Newell I don't see.
Back to top Go down

Peter Jones Empty
PostSubject: Re: Peter Jones   Peter Jones EmptyTue Jun 17, 2014 12:57 pm

I think its a classic Pasoti multi thread.

As the Pig points out:

Pig on Pasoti wrote:
It seems very strange for Hoppy to post this, as it's his first post for about 6 months, and on the face of it he's come on an independent fan's website to moan about the OS, which most of think is crap in any case.

Very strange, but there you go. Welcome back Hoppy.  :greensmile:

Then desargyle (a very infrequent poster) pops up. Of course he wouldn't be sharing this account with Nooly would he?

And then a little bit later Webb reappears after a long absence.

Greenman wrote:
It's never easy to judge what is the right approach with the internet. 99% of the time I just let the comments go (there are two people on this thread for example who have sniped at me online and when I've seen them in person they can't even look me in the eye, such is their cowardice, minus the keyboard) but the OP is very much taken by me as a genuine question.

I wonder why this thread caught his attention?
Back to top Go down

Peter Jones Empty
PostSubject: Re: Peter Jones   Peter Jones EmptyTue Jun 17, 2014 2:09 pm

Now Newell is having a go at Jones for proposing to brand Argyle as darker green in a meeting ages ago.

Last season's kit was the worst of all time apparently.

What's his bitching with Jones all about? Another day, another agenda, snipe snipe snipe.
Back to top Go down
Chemical Ali

Peter Jones Empty
PostSubject: Re: Peter Jones   Peter Jones EmptyTue Jun 17, 2014 5:16 pm

Seems there is a Newell/ Webb v Jones war. Is hoppy another Jones account?

I would guess its linked to the President's outburst against the Wrathall appointment????
Back to top Go down
Chemical Ali

Peter Jones Empty
PostSubject: Re: Peter Jones   Peter Jones EmptyTue Jun 17, 2014 5:27 pm

They obviously think Paven is someone connected to the club- the pasoti mods use '' around a name when they think they know who it is- I got it for a while ago when they thought I was a posty multi.

Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

Peter Jones Empty
PostSubject: Re: Peter Jones   Peter Jones EmptyTue Jun 17, 2014 10:00 pm

ejh wrote:
Now Newell is having a go at Jones for proposing to brand Argyle as darker green in a meeting ages ago.

Last season's kit was the worst of all time apparently.

What's his bitching with Jones all about? Another day, another agenda, snipe snipe snipe.

They didn't get on back in 2007 when Porkie wouldn't hear a bad word against the fringe and his lovely family. He's had to tolerate him, even sit with him, in return for perks.
A pair of self promoting shysters. They deserve eachother.
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

Peter Jones Empty
PostSubject: Re: Peter Jones   Peter Jones EmptyTue Jun 17, 2014 10:15 pm

Chemical Ali wrote:
They obviously think Paven is someone connected to the club- the pasoti mods use '' around a name when they think they know who it is- I got it for a while ago when they thought I was a posty multi.

intriguing.
no revelation of content of PM so i would say it IS someone at the club.

think a new 'civil war' is approaching in the corridors of power at HP.
Did webb confirm the outcome of his so called 'threat' to quit the club?

Back to top Go down

Peter Jones Empty
PostSubject: Re: Peter Jones   Peter Jones EmptyTue Jun 17, 2014 11:27 pm

It will be interesting to see where Porky will be sitting next year. At this rate he'll turn back into an ordinary fan.
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

Peter Jones Empty
PostSubject: Re: Peter Jones   Peter Jones EmptyWed Jun 18, 2014 1:35 am

Newell's not an ordinary fan.. He's a superfan!

It will be interesting to see where he sits... Porky has always maintained his sitting in the Directors box is down to his relationship with Nikk. Will Nikk still get seats next season?
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

Peter Jones Empty
PostSubject: Re: Peter Jones   Peter Jones EmptyWed Jun 18, 2014 7:32 am

Rickler wrote:
Newell's not an ordinary fan..  He's a superfan!

It will be interesting to see where he sits...  Porky has always maintained his sitting in the Directors box is down to his relationship with Nikk.  Will Nikk still get seats next season?

Thought he was a personal friend of the fine gentleman  confused 
Back to top Go down

Peter Jones Empty
PostSubject: Re: Peter Jones   Peter Jones EmptyWed Jun 18, 2014 7:44 am

This circus would be fun to watch - if wasnt your own club being infested!! Power hungry fukcers!!Sad 
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

Peter Jones Empty
PostSubject: Re: Peter Jones   Peter Jones EmptyWed Jun 18, 2014 7:57 am

Tringreen wrote:
Rickler wrote:

It will be interesting to see where he sits...  Porky has always maintained his sitting in the Directors box is down to his relationship with Nikk.  Will Nikk still get seats next season?

Evidence seems to support Newell's claim..?

There have been photos galore on GOS showing a near empty directors box with James Brent sat alone at the front - with possibly a couple of kids - and Newell sat alone at the back in the corner?

Hardly the seating arrangements of good friends, much more suited to being for the chauffeur...

I wonder if Newell is mug enough to pay for the petrol too...
Back to top Go down

Peter Jones Empty
PostSubject: Re: Peter Jones   Peter Jones EmptyWed Jun 18, 2014 8:02 am

Rickler wrote:
Tringreen wrote:
Rickler wrote:

Evidence seems to support Newell's claim..?

There have been photos galore on GOS showing a near empty directors box with James Brent sat alone at the front - with possibly a couple of kids - and Newell sat alone at the back in the corner?

Hardly the seating arrangements of good friends, much more suited to being for the chauffeur...

I wonder if Newell is mug enough to pay for the petrol too...

... he would insist!! Very Happy 
Back to top Go down
Damon.Lenszner

Damon.Lenszner

Peter Jones Empty
PostSubject: Re: Peter Jones   Peter Jones EmptyWed Jun 18, 2014 8:52 am

Dick Trickle wrote:
Would be interesting to hear from Damon if this is true but Peter's split last time was partly due to his frustration with "janners". Being an "up the line" supporter and operating in a less parochial environment there was distrust both ways. Maybe the locals on the previous board didn't trust Peter coming down with " 'is fancy London ways" and likewise Peter felt that the local board were not outward looking enough.

It is certainly true that there was no love lost between Peter and Stapes, Rob (RIP) and Phil. I have obviously only heard one side of the story but there were celebrations when he left (more about him leaving than Tony and I joining). Nick Warren came out with a lot of credit though. Never to be caught on one side of a discussion simply out of loyalty, he took the side of the argument that he believed best suited the football club. The London v Janners thing was a nice label to put on it - in reality I think it was Peter (and therefore Michael (RIP) too) against the rest.

Without wishing to open old arguments it is ironic that the nail in the coffin for the relationship was regarding the purchase of the cricket club. The 'Janner 3' wanted the football club to buy the cricket club and for the Directors to loan the money to the club in order to do so. Jones was insistent that the club was about football, not property deals.
Back to top Go down

Peter Jones Empty
PostSubject: Re: Peter Jones   Peter Jones EmptyWed Jun 18, 2014 8:57 am

Rickler wrote:

Everything that has been said including the jones baiting says he'll be back with the hoy polloy next season?
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

Peter Jones Empty
PostSubject: Re: Peter Jones   Peter Jones EmptyWed Jun 18, 2014 11:31 am

Damon.Lenszner wrote:
Dick Trickle wrote:

It is certainly true that there was no love lost between Peter and Stapes, Rob (RIP) and Phil. I have obviously only heard one side of the story but there were celebrations when he left (more about him leaving than Tony and I joining). Nick Warren came out with a lot of credit though. Never to be caught on one side of a discussion simply out of loyalty, he took the side of the argument that he believed best suited the football club. The London v Janners thing was a nice label to put on it - in reality I think it was Peter (and therefore Michael (RIP) too) against the rest.

Without wishing to open old arguments it is ironic that the nail in the coffin for the relationship was regarding the purchase of the cricket club. The 'Janner 3' wanted the football club to buy the cricket club and for the Directors to loan the money to the club in order to do so. Jones was insistent that the club was about football, not property deals.

Until the recent meltdown not buying the cricket club land must rank right up there amongst the worst decisions Argyle ever made.

Wasn't it a complete no-brainer? What could have benefitted the club more in the long term than extra training pitches right next to Harper's Park? Make no mistake Stapleton, Gill and Dennerley were on the right side of that one and PJ was very, very wrong - which I'm sure he himself now knows.

In fact it's hard to make a case for not buying that land if you could!

So why would anybody be against it? Maybe PJ didn't have the money? Maybe he already had an eye on the club on behalf of his consortium buddies and purchasing that land would have put the asking price up and out of reach? (Which happened anyway once the freehold deal was done.)

It was a funny old business that baffled me then and still does now.

And look at the aggro it all caused and, ultimately, where it led to.

A truly pivotal off-pitch moment.
Back to top Go down
http://sicparvismagna.com
Tringreen

Tringreen

Peter Jones Empty
PostSubject: Re: Peter Jones   Peter Jones EmptyWed Jun 18, 2014 11:49 am

I feel sorry for the cricket club.
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

Peter Jones Empty
PostSubject: Re: Peter Jones   Peter Jones EmptyWed Jun 18, 2014 12:01 pm

Tringreen wrote:

They do not own the freehold the FOCP is looking at the idea of sub leasing it with partners
Back to top Go down
Mock Cuncher

Mock Cuncher

Peter Jones Empty
PostSubject: Re: Peter Jones   Peter Jones EmptyWed Jun 18, 2014 1:07 pm

Tringreen wrote:
Playing at Mount Wise now, the old pitch a fenced off wasteland.
Back to top Go down
http://wrongunatlongon.wordpress.com/
green_genie

green_genie

Peter Jones Empty
PostSubject: Re: Peter Jones   Peter Jones EmptyWed Jun 18, 2014 1:21 pm

Mock Cuncher wrote:
Tringreen wrote:
Playing at Mount Wise now, the old pitch a fenced off wasteland.

Nice spot for a decent sized Ice Rink / Conference Centre.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Peter Jones Empty
PostSubject: Re: Peter Jones   Peter Jones Empty

Back to top Go down

Peter Jones
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next