Greenskin
Dougie
SwimWithTheTide
Tringreen
21 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage

spowell's on fire, on the farm ! - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: spowell's on fire, on the farm !   spowell's on fire, on the farm ! - Page 3 EmptyThu May 15, 2014 2:18 pm

Almost as good as Helen Richards  lol! 
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: spowell's on fire, on the farm !   spowell's on fire, on the farm ! - Page 3 EmptyThu May 15, 2014 2:34 pm

Ollie has been a mod for years now, but has used a different account.

I found that sort of funny really, I mean, part of the PASOTI agreement is one account only right, and people have a right to know who is moving and editing their posts. I had no idea until the other day and then it seemed it was my fault because I hadn't bothered to find that out.

To be honest, I was surprised. Always got on with him until then and assumed he was one of the few people who could still put up with me.

I was wrong, as it turned out.
Back to top Go down
All the Presidents Men

PostSubject: Re: spowell's on fire, on the farm !   spowell's on fire, on the farm ! - Page 3 EmptyThu May 15, 2014 2:46 pm

PilgrimJosh wrote:

I found that sort of funny really, I mean, part of the PASOTI agreement is one account only right, and people have a right to know who is moving and editing their posts. I had no idea until the other day and then it seemed it was my fault because I hadn't bothered to find that out.

To be honest, I was surprised. Always got on with him until then and assumed he was one of the few people who could still put up with me.

I was wrong, as it turned out.

There you go, that must be where speccy got his particular, peculiar brand of transparency from.
Back to top Go down
green_genie

green_genie

PostSubject: Re: spowell's on fire, on the farm !   spowell's on fire, on the farm ! - Page 3 EmptyThu May 15, 2014 2:48 pm

Almost 8 months since planning approval and no sign on PCC website that the plans for contentious outstanding issues such as Outland rd junction and traffic management around Lyndhurst have been submitted let alone agreed.

Unless PCC know how unpopular they would be and are keeping under wraps until JB can prove he is going ahead or maybe just until after elections.
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

PostSubject: Re: spowell's on fire, on the farm !   spowell's on fire, on the farm ! - Page 3 EmptyThu May 15, 2014 3:03 pm

PilgrimJosh wrote:

LOl. Somethings never change.

How anybody ever believes a word that Newell and his band of merrry minions says about the running of the farm after all the lies is just astonishing.
Back to top Go down
Chemical Ali

PostSubject: Re: spowell's on fire, on the farm !   spowell's on fire, on the farm ! - Page 3 EmptyThu May 15, 2014 3:22 pm

I think Pasoti Mods are allowed 2 accounts (its in the agreement) if they wish- one for modding and one for posting. Some of the Mods post and mod using the same account (e.g. Bubba), others such as Ollie use 2 accounts. In the past some of the Pasoti Mods did abuse this- Angry Andy Soper was one who had a modding account (Florrie Lindley), a posting account (Andy_S) and another account (Derrick Sanderson) which was used to attack the trust and any non-Mod. IJN of course had a large number on the go- WindsorBoy (shared with Webb), DeepThroat (shared with a number of mods + Lee Jameson + Wozzer), Deadly Nightshade and countless others.

Ollie has been a pasoti Mod for about 2 years- he was called out a while back when he was arguing with someone in a thread as Ollie, then Modding the thread as BG10???? He was quickly identified as a Mod but initially denied it, but came clean after the Modding himself incident.

Last edited by Chemical Ali on Thu May 15, 2014 3:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Chemical Ali

PostSubject: Re: spowell's on fire, on the farm !   spowell's on fire, on the farm ! - Page 3 EmptyThu May 15, 2014 3:26 pm

Actually there's no mention of the number of accounts a Pasoti Mod can hold in the pasoti rules-

P'Bay Rules wrote:
13) One Account per User: multiple accounts are not permitted. If you have a good reason for needing more than one account, contact an administrator and ask for permission. Circumvention of a temporary ban by use of another account will result in a permanent ban. Circumvention of any moderator action by use of more than one account will result in a ban. While it's perfectly acceptable for multiple users to have an account on the same computer, be advised that misconduct by one will affect all. You are accountable for actions originating from your computer regardless of whether it's a friend or relative.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I think its in their Moderator Code of Conduct Rules (which are not viewable).
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: spowell's on fire, on the farm !   spowell's on fire, on the farm ! - Page 3 EmptyThu May 15, 2014 3:33 pm

So CA, presumably trolling people must be an appropriate use of a second account!
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: spowell's on fire, on the farm !   spowell's on fire, on the farm ! - Page 3 EmptyThu May 15, 2014 3:41 pm

ejh wrote:
It's a shame Watkin has gone, he was a great poster.

laugh 
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: spowell's on fire, on the farm !   spowell's on fire, on the farm ! - Page 3 EmptyThu May 15, 2014 3:42 pm

In the interests of transparency, on ATD we use our own accounts then a joint one known as "moderator" hardly anybody uses the mod one we all tend to do our dirty work under our real pseudonyms. Anyway it makes sure that all our fan mail gets to the right person.  Very Happy 
Back to top Go down
Chemical Ali

PostSubject: Re: spowell's on fire, on the farm !   spowell's on fire, on the farm ! - Page 3 EmptyThu May 15, 2014 3:53 pm

PilgrimJosh wrote:
So CA, presumably trolling people must be an appropriate use of a second account!

All I know is that some (not all) of the pasoti mods/ site owners used multi accounts for trolling purposes in the past (pre-Deep Throat)- Ponty, PL2, IJN, Andy_S, Daz were the main ones but there is now a Pasoti Mods Code of Conduct which is supposed to stop this from happening (although accounts like Saracen10, Helen Richards, Ghost, Brian Green and a couple of others seem quite suspicious). The use of multi accounts by Peter Jones also had some dodgey cover up- he posted as Peter Jones, Iddesleigh green (attacking [at the time] the Trust's John Petrie and Darren Purse) and The Nightfly that was post deep throat.

I was IP banned from using Pasoti for saying on ATD that Pasoti Mods had multi accounts a month before the Deep Throat thing kicked off (April 2012?) so I may not be able to see things that members can- if I used the site, and given the past behaviour of some of the current serving Pasoti moderators as well as the Site Manager and Owner, I would like to see their Code of Conduct publicised.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: spowell's on fire, on the farm !   spowell's on fire, on the farm ! - Page 3 EmptyThu May 15, 2014 3:57 pm

Did anyone notice Nool outing monkeywrench as the mod "Meva Green"

monkeywrench wrote:
Ian, are you saying that if the stand doesn't get built then we're in serious trouble?

IJN wrote:
I'm saying that we all need to know if there is a Plan B.

JB has said from day one that the future of having a sustainable club is based on the development going ahead and PAFC to benefit from the revenue that creates. So A) The delay cannot be helpful and B) If the development does not go ahead, the £2m balloon payments will certainly create a few problems I would suggest.

Maybe it's just a case of f*** it, let's drop the sustainable tag and get someone in who will plough a couple of millions in, that would be a Plan B.

That's why I can't understand some people saying 'I hope it doesn't go ahead'. That was my point Meva.

Its been edited now of course

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Chemical Ali

PostSubject: Re: spowell's on fire, on the farm !   spowell's on fire, on the farm ! - Page 3 EmptyThu May 15, 2014 4:12 pm

No didn't see that Meva Frank  Laughing . It does seem odd that the only ones on that thread in support of the mini-stand are pasoti mods. I'm also reminded of the fact that IJN represents two others (and himself) in the ownership of pasoti- I wonder if that is why they are so defensive about the mini-stand? laugh
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: spowell's on fire, on the farm !   spowell's on fire, on the farm ! - Page 3 EmptyThu May 15, 2014 4:26 pm

You can't be the official forum without strings being attached. As an aside why doesn't Porky ask James Brent about the plan B option like a normal person would do?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: spowell's on fire, on the farm !   spowell's on fire, on the farm ! - Page 3 EmptyThu May 15, 2014 5:21 pm

Because JB would punch him in the face. Newell is not flavour of the month around the HP hierarchy, at the moment. JB is incensed that Newell hasn't got all of the Pbay sheep into believing that HHP IS going ahead and it's the best thing ever to happen to our little club. (if we can find some money)  rabbit 
Back to top Go down
Dick Trickle

PostSubject: Re: spowell's on fire, on the farm !   spowell's on fire, on the farm ! - Page 3 EmptyThu May 15, 2014 6:02 pm

"I firmly believe that the building of the new stadium and the resultant success of the football club has given this City the confidence to believe in itself. People are proud to say they come from this City and I am convinced that this would not have been the case if firstly the ground had not been built and secondly the football club had not capitalised on that with two promotions to the top tier. Everyone here believes the football club and the City can achieve anything that they set their minds to and that includes winning the FA cup this Saturday. We are Hull and we're not going to London for a day out."

Mayor of Hull

It's amazing what ambition and belief can do isn't it?

Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: spowell's on fire, on the farm !   spowell's on fire, on the farm ! - Page 3 EmptyThu May 15, 2014 6:11 pm

Dick Trickle wrote:
"I firmly believe that the building of the new stadium and the resultant success of the football club has given this City the confidence to believe in itself. People are proud to say they come from this City and I am convinced that this would not have been the case if firstly the ground had not been built and secondly the football club had not capitalised on that with two promotions to the top tier. Everyone here believes the football club and the City can achieve anything that they set their minds to and that includes winning the FA cup this Saturday. We are Hull and we're not going to London for a day out."

Mayor of Hull

Indeed. We had a better side than them for the first half of 2007/8 season. Now Plymouth, not Hull, is the biggest city/catchment area in England never to have achieved top flight staus and the resultant 15/20k solid fanbase. Even they wouldn't be able to squeeze into brent's farm supported folly.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: spowell's on fire, on the farm !   spowell's on fire, on the farm ! - Page 3 EmptyThu May 15, 2014 6:26 pm

Good post from UPL, but not long for the ignorant fatalistic toserati to come wading in. The capping of future potential and revenues just washes right over them, from a strategy point of view it's like freewheeling opportunism, there's no PLAN to get to the Prem on the resources Argyle have, but at least attempt to put the infrastructure in place to grab that opportunity should it emerge at some point in the next 40/50 years (estimate life of the stand), which of course it will. Even if it's phased as suggested by spowell.

Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: spowell's on fire, on the farm !   spowell's on fire, on the farm ! - Page 3 EmptyThu May 15, 2014 6:43 pm

Pafcintheplace wrote:
Good post from UPL, but not long for the ignorant fatalistic toserati to come wading in. The capping of future potential and revenues just washes right over them, from a strategy point of view it's like freewheeling opportunism, there's no PLAN to get to the Prem on the resources Argyle have, but at least attempt to put the infrastructure in place to grab that opportunity should it emerge at some point in the next 40/50 years (estimate life of the stand), which of course it will. Even if it's phased as suggested by spowell.

Keep it small, uninspiring and we will get to play with the train set, not them glory hunting plaaaaaaaaaastics ! Village  No 

The effect of a stadium built/ developed for the future, is an almost essential piece in the jigsaw in bringing belief to the potential fanbase.Even Selhurst Park has a capacity right now in excess off 26k, before development.
Back to top Go down
All the Presidents Men

PostSubject: Re: spowell's on fire, on the farm !   spowell's on fire, on the farm ! - Page 3 EmptyThu May 15, 2014 6:52 pm

Rickler wrote:
What's Brent care?  

He's already said he wants to sell on at the Championship level - for the good of the club of course - so it won't be his problem then, and so therefore is not a concern now!

I think he'll be pissed off at how long he'll have to wait for that, even then we would have the lowest capacity in the Ch'ship, yep that'll make an attractive proposition, he'll have to give it away.

It ain't gonna happen with him in charge.
Back to top Go down
All the Presidents Men

PostSubject: Re: spowell's on fire, on the farm !   spowell's on fire, on the farm ! - Page 3 EmptyThu May 15, 2014 7:07 pm

Iggy wrote:
You can't be the official forum without strings being attached. As an aside why doesn't Porky ask James Brent about the plan B option like a normal person would do?

What do they find to talk about in the taxi fatty drives speccy to away games?
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: spowell's on fire, on the farm !   spowell's on fire, on the farm ! - Page 3 EmptyThu May 15, 2014 7:40 pm

Tringreen wrote:
Dick Trickle wrote:

Mayor of Hull

Indeed. We had a better side than them for the first half of 2007/8 season. Now Plymouth, not Hull, is the biggest city/catchment area in England never to have achieved top flight staus and the resultant 15/20k solid fanbase. Even they wouldn't be able to squeeze into brent's farm supported folly.

There's some tropes trotted out every now and then that, while initially they may appear to have an element of truth, are completely irrelevant.

Comparing Argyle to Darlington is one; comparing Plymouth to Hull is another.

Quite literally nothing in UK sport compares to what has happened in Hull and it is impossible to replicate anywhere else.

Hull, as a city, got lucky. Due to a quirk of historical municipal planning the Hull council, for reasons I do not know, took complete control of the city's telephone system meaning that it enjoyed a complete monopoly in the area. Decades later this was considered anti-competitive and so it was sold off to "open up the market" according to modern mantra.

The result of this was a windfall of many millions of pounds to Hull council which promised the city that it would build sporting facilities second to none. At a stroke it was goodbye to crumbling Boothferry Park and hello a magnificent municipally bought and paid for state of the art (with capacity to add) stadium.

From that base Hull's rise has been meteoric but none of it would have, could have happened, without the current council's pure, dumb luck (or the olde tyme council's vision and foresight if you prefer).

No other city or region in the country, especially in the current economic climate but at any time it would be unthinkable, could do what happened there.

Our council certainly won't do what they did simply because it definitely couldn't even if it wanted to.

So... yes it is galling to see Hull's success. And... yes I suppose Hull and Plymouth are similarly-sized provincial outposts with vaguely similar histories of under-achievement. But... what happened there can not and will not happen here (or anywhere else ever again).
Back to top Go down
http://sicparvismagna.com
Rickler

Rickler

PostSubject: Re: spowell's on fire, on the farm !   spowell's on fire, on the farm ! - Page 3 EmptyThu May 15, 2014 7:45 pm

All the Presidents Men wrote:
Iggy wrote:

What do they find to talk about in the taxi fatty drives speccy to away games?

The colour the leaves are turning on the trees..
Back to top Go down
Charlie Wood

Charlie Wood

PostSubject: Re: spowell's on fire, on the farm !   spowell's on fire, on the farm ! - Page 3 EmptyThu May 15, 2014 7:46 pm

What's Cerbs mod name
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

PostSubject: Re: spowell's on fire, on the farm !   spowell's on fire, on the farm ! - Page 3 EmptyThu May 15, 2014 7:53 pm

Charlie Wood wrote:
What's Cerbs mod name

This should be interesting...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: spowell's on fire, on the farm !   spowell's on fire, on the farm ! - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

spowell's on fire, on the farm !
Page 3 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next