SwimWithTheTide
Tringreen
21 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
Tringreen

Tringreen

spowell's on fire, on the farm ! Empty
PostSubject: spowell's on fire, on the farm !   spowell's on fire, on the farm ! EmptyTue May 13, 2014 11:00 am

Well played that lad !

Wonder who 'Watkin' is ? Rolling Eyes 

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
SwimWithTheTide

SwimWithTheTide

PostSubject: Re: spowell's on fire, on the farm !   spowell's on fire, on the farm ! EmptyTue May 13, 2014 11:33 am

Thanks Tring, I'll keep beating the drum until someone listens. I know after taking an objective view and studying the facts available I was able to entirely reverse my opinion on the development, I'm confident that others can and will follow suit.

I've also a shit load of work to do that I'm trying to avoid.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: spowell's on fire, on the farm !   spowell's on fire, on the farm ! EmptyTue May 13, 2014 11:41 am

Is Newell starting to try and dig himself from the hole in the gutter, or am I imagining it?
Back to top Go down
Dougie

Dougie

PostSubject: Re: spowell's on fire, on the farm !   spowell's on fire, on the farm ! EmptyTue May 13, 2014 11:46 am

May the footballing gods save us from the 'we've got no right to know' brigade.

If admin taught us anything it should be the we shouldn't be dumb enough to sleepwalk into financial diffculty again. If we did the club would deserve to die.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: spowell's on fire, on the farm !   spowell's on fire, on the farm ! EmptyTue May 13, 2014 1:33 pm

Some good stuff by Spowell, his perspective on HHP, mirrors my own, but much better articulated and tone of delivery. Respect.

No other posters are biting on the phased-build strategy to get up to 20k, which seems a solution that would satisfy everyone, benefit of revenue streams the club so desperately needs in the short-term, with the option open to finish off the other facilities, and boost the capacity at a later date when funds available.

I hope this development doesn't go ahead.
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: spowell's on fire, on the farm !   spowell's on fire, on the farm ! EmptyTue May 13, 2014 2:23 pm

Don't even bother to post on the subject now,no need to,my keyboard fingers can enjoy a well earned retirement.

Arise Sir Spowell,bastion of the Darksiders! Thumbs 
Back to top Go down
SwimWithTheTide

SwimWithTheTide

PostSubject: Re: spowell's on fire, on the farm !   spowell's on fire, on the farm ! EmptyTue May 13, 2014 2:49 pm

The more people supporting the same point Greenskin, the greater weighting that opinion holds.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: spowell's on fire, on the farm !   spowell's on fire, on the farm ! EmptyTue May 13, 2014 3:25 pm

spowell92 wrote:
The more people supporting the same point Greenskin, the greater weighting that opinion holds.

He's right Greenskin.................... not that any of it will make the slightest difference. There aren't many brain cells remaining on the farm and even if there were to be a groundswell of opinion to challenge brent's clusterfuck plans, the thread will be locked............ move on, nothing to see here.

History however, will condemn those who have supported these plans and revelled in their small minded, self interested success.
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: spowell's on fire, on the farm !   spowell's on fire, on the farm ! EmptyTue May 13, 2014 4:16 pm

Tringreen wrote:
spowell92 wrote:

He's right Greenskin.................... not that any of it will make the slightest difference. There aren't many brain cells remaining on the farm and even if there were to be a groundswell of opinion to challenge brent's clusterfuck plans, the thread will be locked............ move on, nothing to see here.

History however, will condemn those who have supported these plans and revelled in their small minded, self interested success.

'Twas tongue in cheek but admittedly only partly.As you know Tring,i must have spent a good few hours both on here and PASOTI trying to put across my take on the subject of gates relative to other clubs of essentially similar potential [bleddy word again] stature and the obvious connection with the size of any new stand at HP.Must admit that [after 6 years of trying to get the message over to seemingly not much avail] each time a new thread comes up,exasperation sets in at the inevitability of a regurgitation of previous arguments put forward by the same people with entrenched opinions on the subject,no matter what facts and statistics are presented to the contrary.Gets a bit wearing after a while,it would indeed be interesting to trawl through my posting history and see how many key strokes have been implemented in defence of my point of view.Positively arthritis inducing i'd have thought but it's great to see younger posters taking up the struggle-after all,it's their future as Argyle supporters and what sort of club emerges that we're talking about here.No doubt i will be tempted to comment again in future but i think people like the two Sams are doing a great job and more power to their elbows.
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

PostSubject: Re: spowell's on fire, on the farm !   spowell's on fire, on the farm ! EmptyTue May 13, 2014 4:22 pm

GOB wrote:
Is Newell starting to try and dig himself from the hole in the gutter, or am I imagining it?  

No, you're right...

It's the start of the biggest U-turn and rewrite of history ever.

The man has no shame whatsoever.
Back to top Go down
All the Presidents Men

PostSubject: Re: spowell's on fire, on the farm !   spowell's on fire, on the farm ! EmptyTue May 13, 2014 5:47 pm

Yup, he no longer talks of his friend-mate jimmy the lip, has he been sacked as official chauffeur even?

Not a peep out of the fat controller for months but now he talks about wanting a bigger stadium, saying he always advocated it No , wtf  Mad,  but did he ever join forces with the "shouties" (who x-knobber labelled and liked to call those with an alternate view and also "shout" them down rather ironically. ), indeed no No , he is slowly slivering snake like over to the darkside, just like x-knobber and hundreds of others who now find themselves on a self imposed gagging order.

truth, transparency, honesty openess bla bla, are just words, they actually mean nothing just like all the rubbish that has been promised and lied about for the last 3 years and eaten up by the gullible faithful.

My how we enjoyed the promotion push this year........

All the proceeds and profit from the retails units in HHP will go to argyle, except 1 or possibly 2...........

EDIT - "That's great----I really do hope we don't get a 'corporate' answer. Could the fans raise the balloon payment if needed? You will know better than me I suspect IJN."

an interesting line from that thread, it's just the sort of language that speccy boy will welcome and be encouraged by the jamboys on his website.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: spowell's on fire, on the farm !   spowell's on fire, on the farm ! EmptyTue May 13, 2014 6:53 pm

The scumbag M6 should be paying that balloon payment.

Serious point though, can't part of all of that be rescheduled?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: spowell's on fire, on the farm !   spowell's on fire, on the farm ! EmptyTue May 13, 2014 6:56 pm

Top bombing Spowell old chap - fear the top dogs at HP need a new abacus, there one seems to be missing the last nought!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: spowell's on fire, on the farm !   spowell's on fire, on the farm ! EmptyTue May 13, 2014 8:01 pm

My God, I think the penny is actually starting to drop over on the Farm!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: spowell's on fire, on the farm !   spowell's on fire, on the farm ! EmptyTue May 13, 2014 8:14 pm

Some frantic re-positioning and softening of attitude by certain psychophants who sense a change of interest and prevailing wind direction. Shamelesly passing off their current opinion as views held all along.
Back to top Go down
SwimWithTheTide

SwimWithTheTide

PostSubject: Re: spowell's on fire, on the farm !   spowell's on fire, on the farm ! EmptyTue May 13, 2014 8:29 pm

People can change their opinion, I'm an example of that - to say it was the stance all along, I'm not so sure, but I'm not going to bother burrowing through old threads to try and prove a rather null point.

Does anyone on here know how much the grandstand currently makes for the club? So we can compare current grandstand figures against the forecast figures of the new one.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: spowell's on fire, on the farm !   spowell's on fire, on the farm ! EmptyTue May 13, 2014 8:30 pm

Of course people can change their opinion Spowell, it's the motive that raises the eyebrows.
Back to top Go down
PatDunne

PostSubject: Re: spowell's on fire, on the farm !   spowell's on fire, on the farm ! EmptyTue May 13, 2014 8:51 pm

I wont hear a word said against that fine (Nool) gentleman...................
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: spowell's on fire, on the farm !   spowell's on fire, on the farm ! EmptyTue May 13, 2014 8:55 pm

Best not read this then: he's a wanker.
Back to top Go down
http://sicparvismagna.com

PostSubject: Re: spowell's on fire, on the farm !   spowell's on fire, on the farm ! EmptyTue May 13, 2014 8:56 pm

laugh 
Back to top Go down
PatDunne

PostSubject: Re: spowell's on fire, on the farm !   spowell's on fire, on the farm ! EmptyTue May 13, 2014 8:59 pm

Mr Drake Sir, you left out the word fat............
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: spowell's on fire, on the farm !   spowell's on fire, on the farm ! EmptyTue May 13, 2014 9:15 pm

GOB wrote:
Of course people can change their opinion Spowell, it's the motive that raises the eyebrows.

Exactly.
Back to top Go down
GreenSam

PostSubject: Re: spowell's on fire, on the farm !   spowell's on fire, on the farm ! EmptyTue May 13, 2014 9:27 pm

Good stuff Sam as ever.

That said, I'm growing more and more certain by the day that the whole thing is an academic debate. I just don't think there's a chance of the funding getting together to build this development. And each day that passes with no news (especially since the Bretonside news came out), I grow more and more certain in that belief.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: spowell's on fire, on the farm !   spowell's on fire, on the farm ! EmptyTue May 13, 2014 9:33 pm

Hope you are right Sam
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: spowell's on fire, on the farm !   spowell's on fire, on the farm ! EmptyTue May 13, 2014 9:38 pm

All along I have said that the plan will collapse and it will collapse not because I or anybody else on a messageboard doesn't like it but because it is an unbelievably crap variation of something that could, with appropriate consultation with local people, have been so much better.

Brent's hell-bent desire to use other people's money for it all means he needs to have something worth buying into and, quite simply, he does not.

As it stands HHP is bad for Argyle, the park, the council, Plymothians, the city and, and this is the kicker!, even for Brent himself.

And with even a little compromise it could have been so very different.

It baffles me as to why somebody who is supposed to be such a brilliant businessman comes across as such a small-minded and blinkered idiot - I mean even he must be aware that his Great Plan isn't going to happen.

The important question now is how do we extricate ourselves from the shitstorm when it all goes tits up?
Back to top Go down
http://sicparvismagna.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: spowell's on fire, on the farm !   spowell's on fire, on the farm ! Empty

Back to top Go down

spowell's on fire, on the farm !
Page 1 of 8Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next