SwimWithTheTide
Tringreen
21 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
Elias

Elias

spowell's on fire, on the farm ! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: spowell's on fire, on the farm !   spowell's on fire, on the farm ! - Page 2 EmptyTue May 13, 2014 9:54 pm

HHP is a TOTAL disaster for everyone except those who will trouser the loot !

BRENT OUT NOW!
Back to top Go down
nzgreen

nzgreen

PostSubject: Re: spowell's on fire, on the farm !   spowell's on fire, on the farm ! - Page 2 EmptyTue May 13, 2014 11:31 pm

PatDunne wrote:
Mr Drake Sir, you left out the word fat............

...and the additional prefix 'silly'.
Back to top Go down
swampy

PostSubject: Re: spowell's on fire, on the farm !   spowell's on fire, on the farm ! - Page 2 EmptyWed May 14, 2014 3:08 am

Good on young Sam, well both of them really. Both seemed to believe the party line in the early days and both having listened to both sides of the argument, have formed their own opinion and worked things out for themselves. My first thought reading Mr Newells comments earlier was that it was the beginning of a climb down and that his total belief in his mate James was on the wane. Apart from the precocious prat Ollie and the two faced one there doesn't seem to be too many diehards unwilling to question or express any doubt about Brent now.
Back to top Go down
Charlie Wood

Charlie Wood

PostSubject: Re: spowell's on fire, on the farm !   spowell's on fire, on the farm ! - Page 2 EmptyWed May 14, 2014 7:17 am

Sir Francis Drake wrote:

The important question now is how do we extricate ourselves from the shitstorm when it all goes tits up?

I wasn't the only one making the point of how urgently the AFT might/would be needed in the future once the dust settled over the Brent takeover. It seemed so fecking obvious it could well be our only hope the next time.

I have to say I'm pretty impressed with the list of folk that comprise the current board. I know Andy divides opinions but if he wants to be "somebody" at HP as some suggest, then I think it's only to be a contrary bugger, can't see him being any bodies yes man just yet. I'd like to see GC back on board, he has much to offer. Be wary of the usual suspects trying to climb aboard the lifeboat though.

The Trust must continue to exist to pick up the pieces if necessary, and be as strong as possible. It's a pointless exercise shouting at the current regime, they'll take no notice whatsoever.

Join the Trust or renew your membership, it's the most positive thing you can do to help your club.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: spowell's on fire, on the farm !   spowell's on fire, on the farm ! - Page 2 EmptyWed May 14, 2014 8:40 am

There will be no groundswell of support for the Trust, in fact quite the opposite, until they stand up and shout the sort of things the two Sams are saying on the farm.Use all media streams and leaflet drops at matches next season, even if it means being locked out of HP, it will polarise opinion.
That way, not only will the wider fanbase be made aware of the long term folly of the clusterfuck and membership figures balloon but it will be much more difficult for the usual suspects to infiltrate the leadership, re writing history and bleating as they already are now.
Back to top Go down
All the Presidents Men

PostSubject: Re: spowell's on fire, on the farm !   spowell's on fire, on the farm ! - Page 2 EmptyWed May 14, 2014 12:20 pm

swampy wrote:
Good on young Sam, well both of them really. Both seemed to believe the party line in the early days and both having listened to both sides of the argument, have formed their own opinion and worked things out for themselves. My first thought reading Mr Newells comments earlier was that it was the beginning of a climb down and that his total belief in his mate James was on the wane. Apart from the precocious prat Ollie and the two faced one there doesn't seem to be too many diehards unwilling to question or express any doubt about Brent now.

Agree re - Ollie, i have only just noticed he has been duly rewarded for his "party line" postings (just like his forebears and masters) and is now a fully fledged "Site Admin" flunky for his efforts.

More admin for a very quiet site, i suppose it allows "fat and pat" to withdraw slowly from the brent massive surreptitiously, to re-position themselves yet again.?

You'll notice Sam that Ian is now querying your posting style, you are now on the slippery slope with the rest of us bad boys and a banning is shorely just around the corner if you keep this up.

Good on you though, keep plugging away, you could even get invited out for a chat and a pint with ijn or even an audience with speccy to air your views, don 't hold your breath though.
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: spowell's on fire, on the farm !   spowell's on fire, on the farm ! - Page 2 EmptyWed May 14, 2014 12:35 pm

Sam's bloody annoying habit of casually littering his posts with facts gleaned from primary sources and giving citations so that they can be verified coupled with him also exhibiting a sensible degree of caution regarding unreliable secondary sources before he draws reasonable conclusions makes much of what he says very difficult to argue against.

The only options available that might succeed in undermining him are to create a smokescreens based on style or his age or some other irrelevant detail.

All those properly spelled and punctuated paragraphs resulting in, normally, polite, salient and cogent contributions are clearly causing a problem.
Back to top Go down
http://sicparvismagna.com

PostSubject: Re: spowell's on fire, on the farm !   spowell's on fire, on the farm ! - Page 2 EmptyWed May 14, 2014 2:52 pm

I wonder if Ollie is related to Nick Clegg
Back to top Go down
All the Presidents Men

PostSubject: Re: spowell's on fire, on the farm !   spowell's on fire, on the farm ! - Page 2 EmptyWed May 14, 2014 5:13 pm

Pafcintheplace wrote:
I wonder if Ollie is related to Nick Clegg

Don't know about that but, he's had to go crying to Pat for support today in a pinzer movement on Sam to try and break him, lol, over semantics about speccys " ambition" at argyle.

Pathetically predictable as usual.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: spowell's on fire, on the farm !   spowell's on fire, on the farm ! - Page 2 EmptyWed May 14, 2014 5:31 pm

A bizarre little tangent about the subjectivity of the term 'ambition' as though that is somehow pivotel to the argument and goes on to feel 'resentful' towards Spowell for daring to query if he was in some way questioning his integrity. WTF, nice little diversion from the key issues though eh
Back to top Go down
All the Presidents Men

PostSubject: Re: spowell's on fire, on the farm !   spowell's on fire, on the farm ! - Page 2 EmptyWed May 14, 2014 6:13 pm

Aye, Ollies tutors will be pleased.

What an atrocious site pispoti has become.
Back to top Go down
PatDunne

PostSubject: Re: spowell's on fire, on the farm !   spowell's on fire, on the farm ! - Page 2 EmptyWed May 14, 2014 6:18 pm

I do hope this 'Pat' isn't me.... I rather thought my 'I wont hear a word against that fine gentleman Nool' was an amusing take on the Nools comment re Brent.

I did after all get banned from Pasoti for calling Napoleon fat.  Very Happy 
Back to top Go down
PatDunne

PostSubject: Re: spowell's on fire, on the farm !   spowell's on fire, on the farm ! - Page 2 EmptyWed May 14, 2014 6:32 pm

and it was stapes he said that of i think? i must keep up!
Back to top Go down
SwimWithTheTide

SwimWithTheTide

PostSubject: Re: spowell's on fire, on the farm !   spowell's on fire, on the farm ! - Page 2 EmptyWed May 14, 2014 7:10 pm

Ollie seems a good guy and has been a mod for quite a while, using a different account though. I don't agree with his views on HHP, but I can agree with a lot of his views footballing-wise. He's got his opinion and I've got mine. I think he's right in part of what he says though and I picked up the wrong intentions of his post, it got bitty and I apologised and have tried to turn our debate back on track.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: spowell's on fire, on the farm !   spowell's on fire, on the farm ! - Page 2 EmptyWed May 14, 2014 9:38 pm

Just read the thread over there.

Alls I can say is if a 17,000 seater stadium represents 'ambition' to Ollie and PL2, then they must lead some seriously dour lives. 5 - 10 years ago we had average attendances of 16,500, season high attendances of 19-20k, and were conceivably dreaming of playoff contention to the Premier League - a pinaccle that would have guaranteed an estimate of 25,000 - 30,000 average attendances, capacity permitting.

From that, to then accept Brent's tesco value stand, with interior facilities owned and leased by Akkeron, bringing the total matchday capacity after segregation to below 17,000 cannot be seen as anything other than a massive backward step for the club. The likes of Cheltenham in 2002, QPR at home in 2004, Everton in the FA Cup, Watford in the FA Cup Quarter Final - four 20,000+ sellouts where there was no a spare seat in the house. God knows the tickets we could have sold for those matches. 38,000 at Wembley in 1996 shows how many supporters there are in the woodwork, who will come when there is something worth travelling for.

Occasions that will be consigned to history, and replaced with 16,000 - 17,000, dependent on segregation, a lot of fans missing out, and a much less impressive capacity. In 2004-05, the average attendance was virtually the same as what Brent deems as this club's capacity ceiling.

Long after Brent is gone, if Argyle were to make the top flight - we would have the lowest capacity by several thousand to have played hosted top flight football. Maybe Ollie and PL2 have accepted that the club their forum is devoted to has accepted its fate, will NEVER play in the top flight, and as supporters would be just excited to see Argyle back in the Championship in their lifetimes. Maybe they think everyone else feels as they do, and Spolley is the strange one believing in developing sustainable foundations for the football club, that stretch further than financial stability for the next 5 years?

Last edited by ejh on Wed May 14, 2014 9:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: spowell's on fire, on the farm !   spowell's on fire, on the farm ! - Page 2 EmptyWed May 14, 2014 9:50 pm

I'll bet some people are saying that the horseshoe can be extended and that a second tier can be added.

Only one of those suggestions is possible and that one is prohibitively expensive, won't meet the Green Guide regulations for stadium development and will result in seats having a restricted view. None of them will ever happen.

HHP will kill all ambition and any pretence that there may be any hope stone dead.

*They'll be invoking the completely irrelevant Darlington Comparison soon, too, I expect.
Back to top Go down
http://sicparvismagna.com

PostSubject: Re: spowell's on fire, on the farm !   spowell's on fire, on the farm ! - Page 2 EmptyWed May 14, 2014 9:59 pm

Sir Francis Drake wrote:
I'll bet some people are saying that the horseshoe can be extended and that a second tier can be added.

Only one of those suggestions is possible and that one is prohibitively expensive, won't meet the Green Guide regulations for stadium development and will result in seats having a restricted view. None of them will ever happen.

HHP will kill all ambition and any pretence that there may be any hope stone dead.

*They'll be invoking the completely irrelevant Darlington Comparison soon, too, I expect.

Exactly - one of the biggest smokescreens in this debate is the horseshoe expansion.

Just think about it and do the fag packet maths. Put yourselves in Brent's shoes. It doesn't and never will make financial sense, unless we were to enjoy consecutive seasons in the Premier League.

So it won't happen until AFTER this club realises its potential (Premier League football), or a Dave Whelan type figure funds the whole idea straight from his pocket. Stapleton steered clear season after season when the accounts and prospects of the club were far better than anything Brent can dream of - that has to be the biggest indicator of the lot.

Treat the horseshoe expansion as it ought to be treated - a pie in the sky idea that will never see the light of day.

So accepting a permanent 16,000 - 17,000 matchday capacity after segregation, is that an attendance ceiling this club is capable of permanently accepting for the next 20-30 years? I don't think the majority of fans who can remember only a short time ago the status of our club in the Championship, can readily accept that as a forward, progressive move.
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

PostSubject: Re: spowell's on fire, on the farm !   spowell's on fire, on the farm ! - Page 2 EmptyWed May 14, 2014 10:02 pm

What's Brent care?  

He's already said he wants to sell on at the Championship level - for the good of the club of course - so it won't be his problem then, and so therefore is not a concern now!
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

PostSubject: Re: spowell's on fire, on the farm !   spowell's on fire, on the farm ! - Page 2 EmptyWed May 14, 2014 10:12 pm

before he gets found out (well by the dimwits that is!) the rest of us know what the plan is !
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: spowell's on fire, on the farm !   spowell's on fire, on the farm ! - Page 2 EmptyWed May 14, 2014 11:33 pm

Rickler wrote:
What's Brent care?  

He's already said he wants to sell on at the Championship level - for the good of the club of course - so it won't be his problem then, and so therefore is not a concern now!

Indeed - and the fact that Brent clearly has nothing at stake in the horseshoe idea drives me barmy, when so many fans only accept the stand on that proviso.

'We can just add the horseshoe when we need to, innit bhey?'

How can so many fans be so gullible to Brent's sweet talking, when a) JB is clearly ignoring the pressures, difficulties and costs of the horseshoe project that make it practically unviable b) JB doesn't intend to be anywhere near Argyle after HHP gets built, and his 100 year Akkeron contracts are sealed c) JB has no personal interest in the horseshoe happening, or as will most certainly be the case, NOT happening.

It simply doesn't affect him whatsoever, his Argyle interests, his Akkeron interests, JB has nothing invested in the horseshoe. He hasn't even pledged to do it himself, he has just said his engineering advisors say you could do it this way or do it that way in the future, ignoring all the pressures and restrictions which mean it is unlikely to realistically get done. It's all just a load of hot air, but crucially, and important piece of PR that has lead many fans to accept begrudgingly the thoroughly underwhelming Mayflower capacity.

When I think of the stand redevelopment and how JB came to get support among the fanbase, it always reminds me of this Simpsons episode.

Back to top Go down
Jethro

Jethro

PostSubject: Re: spowell's on fire, on the farm !   spowell's on fire, on the farm ! - Page 2 EmptyThu May 15, 2014 12:46 am

Its gonna be a long summer
Back to top Go down
nzgreen

nzgreen

PostSubject: Re: spowell's on fire, on the farm !   spowell's on fire, on the farm ! - Page 2 EmptyThu May 15, 2014 8:42 am

ejh wrote:
Just read the thread over there.

From that, to then accept Brent's tesco value stand,

Happy shopper stand.
Back to top Go down
nzgreen

nzgreen

PostSubject: Re: spowell's on fire, on the farm !   spowell's on fire, on the farm ! - Page 2 EmptyThu May 15, 2014 8:47 am

All the Presidents Men wrote:
swampy wrote:

Agree re - Ollie, i have only just noticed he has been duly rewarded for his "party line" postings (just like his forebears and masters) and is now a fully fledged "Site Admin" flunky for his efforts.

More admin for a very quiet site, i suppose it allows "fat and pat" to withdraw slowly from the brent massive surreptitiously, to re-position themselves yet again.?

You'll notice Sam that Ian is now querying your posting style, you are now on the slippery slope with the rest of us bad boys and a banning is shorely just around the corner if you keep this up.

Good on you though, keep plugging away, you could even get invited out for a chat and a pint with ijn or even an audience with speccy to air your views, don 't hold your breath though.

He skips a prim and dandy little dance between his personal and mod accounts on the same thread too doneee?
Back to top Go down
All the Presidents Men

PostSubject: Re: spowell's on fire, on the farm !   spowell's on fire, on the farm ! - Page 2 EmptyThu May 15, 2014 1:16 pm

Can't say I noticed, but they do love their multi's over there.

I think I'd rather stick broken glass in my eyes than argue with the little twerp, he's got that annoying style of pro Brent and we are always right.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: spowell's on fire, on the farm !   spowell's on fire, on the farm ! - Page 2 EmptyThu May 15, 2014 2:01 pm

It's a shame Watkin has gone, he was a great poster.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: spowell's on fire, on the farm !   spowell's on fire, on the farm ! - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

spowell's on fire, on the farm !
Page 2 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next