Tgwu
Peggy
mannameadbabe
34 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Tgwu

Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 39 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 39 EmptyTue Oct 21, 2014 10:35 am

Just finish the diy, I am now cleaning up the mess

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
pepsipete

pepsipete

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 39 EmptyTue Oct 21, 2014 2:30 pm

Been shopping and posted a parcel to the Netherlands
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 39 EmptyTue Oct 21, 2014 3:47 pm

Just done the school run, next grandson to diving at the life centre
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 39 EmptyTue Oct 21, 2014 4:21 pm

Southwest Water had the mains off in our street for hours today. Mildly annoying. It's back on now.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 39 EmptyTue Oct 21, 2014 4:30 pm

Cottage pie in the oven. Muvver popped round earlier
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 39 EmptyTue Oct 21, 2014 4:47 pm

Sky TV installation man has left, now catching up on 'Boardwalk Empire' box sets in glorious HD
Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 39 EmptyTue Oct 21, 2014 6:25 pm

Van MOT,  440 quid? you dont need a mask and a gun to rob anyone, just open a fookin Garage!!!
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 39 EmptyTue Oct 21, 2014 6:34 pm

sufferedsince 68 wrote:
Van MOT,  440 quid? you dont need a mask and a gun to rob anyone, just open a fookin Garage!!!

Best you crack on with that extension mate. Very Happy

I feel your pain though. The missus needed some work on hers to get thru the MOT a couple weeks ago. Came to about £370, of which more than £300 was labour and bleddy VAT. Mad

On a more positive note, my chicken stew is just about done.
Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 39 EmptyTue Oct 21, 2014 6:58 pm

Czarcasm wrote:
sufferedsince 68 wrote:

Best you crack on with that extension mate. Very Happy

I feel your pain though. The missus needed some work on hers to get thru the MOT a couple weeks ago. Came to about £370, of which more than £300 was labour and bleddy VAT. Mad

On a more positive note, my chicken stew is just about done.

Chicken stew??? i'm having Road Kill for the rest of the week!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 39 EmptyTue Oct 21, 2014 7:34 pm

Paying VAT makes me feel ill.
Back to top Go down
Chingers

Chingers

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 39 EmptyWed Oct 22, 2014 10:29 am

Just back, well not just but it's a good way of starting this post (so you get the gist of it's content)

Got the 4.40pm train from Chingford to Liverpool St. My brother in law phoned me to say meet him at his work as he had an issue. This was a minor irritation as in my mind this was delaying the pre match drinking process. Ten minutes later he phoned back to say he'd sorted the issue and would see me outside of platform 3. Got there but couldn't find him. Phoned him no answer and then he appears out of nowhere. Now I thought we were meeting our Womble mate at Victoria but on checking the email it seems it was Waterloo. So onto the Waterloo and City line which is the worse thing in the world at rush hour. Got to Waterloo, into the station pub, one pint of lager one pint of Pedigree 35p change from a tenner. Are you having a laugh?

I said we're not staying here, let's get the train and go to a normal pub.

Got on the train after buying a can of London Pride in the Whistle Stop. Chatted mostly about Vets football on the train and took the mick out of my Dons mates bright yellow coat (you can't miss me).

Off the train, walked ten mins to the Bricklayers Arms, which quite frankly smelt of 5hit. Stayed in there for 2 pints of IPA (won't be going back) and then walked to the ground (10 mins). Queued for ticket (10 mins), walked to away end (2 mins) queued for 5 minutes to get in. Finally got into the ground about 5 mins after kick off.

Watched the first half on my own as my two companions were in the home seats. Saw a couple of familiar face but didn't chat to anyone. Pee at half time (after second time of trying) thought about some food but queue to big.

Second half a mate appeared so I chatted to him for most of the 45 minute period and didn't really see any of the game.

So the game ended nil nil. Apparently (according to my mates) the 2nd half was quite good?

I met up after the game with my bro in law and mate and we went to Liverpool street to a bar called Be At One, good bar, look it up.

Then a Big Mac (I'm not paying a fiver for a pasty which is just onions and potato), train to Highams Park, bus (212) to Friday Hill and got in about 1am. Heated up some pasta, watched a programme about Nasa and then went to bed.

Best night ever. You can move this to the interesting thread if you like.
Back to top Go down
http://www.haleendafc.co.uk
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 39 EmptyWed Oct 22, 2014 10:49 am

It's the mundanity that fuels the interest, Chingers.

All 'just back' threads should be like that.
Back to top Go down
Chingers

Chingers

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 39 EmptyWed Oct 22, 2014 11:03 am

I think I'm feeling a bit subdued due to hangover and a trek to Kingston in the cold for a nil nil. Still, Parents night tonight at the school to cheer me up.
Back to top Go down
http://www.haleendafc.co.uk

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 39 EmptyWed Oct 22, 2014 11:26 am

I fancy a Fortescue visit tonight. Anyone around Mutley tonight, pop-in. PM me for details.

As an aside - how feckin fiddly are central heating programs to set-up. My bastard Central heating programer control is something out of mission control, FFS.

I think I've done it now. 70 degrees to come on at 05:30, off at 06:30, 15:00 - 16:00 nd 19:00 to 21:00, I think. Prolly will be 05:30 degrees to come on at 70 o clock, then the microwave will turn on!! FFS. clown
Back to top Go down
pepsipete

pepsipete

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 39 EmptyWed Oct 22, 2014 11:29 am

Enjoyed Chingers account of events, more please.
Back to top Go down
bjorn_yesterday

bjorn_yesterday

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 39 EmptyWed Oct 22, 2014 1:51 pm

pepsipete wrote:

I've just got back from there. You should have let me know, I could have taken it over and saved you the postage.

I'm sitting in my office. Bored and a bit depressed.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 39 EmptyWed Oct 22, 2014 2:33 pm

bjorn_yesterday wrote:
pepsipete wrote:

I've just got back from there. You should have let me know, I could have taken it over and saved you the postage.

I'm sitting in my office. Bored and a bit depressed.

Happy To Help
Back to top Go down
Cornish Chris

Cornish Chris

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 39 EmptyWed Oct 22, 2014 3:02 pm

I've just written up an invoice, but I'm not certain at this stage who to send it to.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 39 EmptyWed Oct 22, 2014 3:28 pm

I've been doing a large abstract painting on wood
Back to top Go down
Cornish Chris

Cornish Chris

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 39 EmptyWed Oct 22, 2014 3:44 pm

alannotivvy wrote:
I've been doing a large abstract painting on wood

Insufficiently mundane. Or if it is mundane, you're doing it wrong.

"alannotivvy's Transcendent Thread?"
Back to top Go down
Dick Trickle

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 39 EmptyWed Oct 22, 2014 3:50 pm

Currently having my annual boiler service

before giving my boiler her annual service... Very Happy

Couldn't resist
Back to top Go down
Dick Trickle

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 39 EmptyWed Oct 22, 2014 3:51 pm

On another note:

I bought a jar of white small pickled onion for £1. They are half the price of traditional pickled onions....
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 39 EmptyWed Oct 22, 2014 3:54 pm

Dick Trickle wrote:
Currently having my annual boiler service

before giving my boiler her annual service... Very Happy

Couldn't resist

Spelt it wrong...
Back to top Go down
Dick Trickle

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 39 EmptyWed Oct 22, 2014 3:55 pm

lol!

Took me a couple of seconds Mr Czar but cheers
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 39 EmptyWed Oct 22, 2014 3:58 pm

Talking of boiler services though, is there anything in life that is a bigger con?

Top tip... Take the casing off yourself and get yourself a feather duster = boiler service.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 39 Empty

Back to top Go down

Peggy's Mundane Thread
Page 39 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40  Next