Peggy
Dane
48 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 14 ... 21  Next
AuthorMessage
Dane

Dane

President's Progress !! - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: President's Progress !!   President's Progress !! - Page 7 EmptyTue Dec 31, 2013 8:24 am

That happened early in last night. I find it odd that it was locked but Not removed.
Back to top Go down
gasser9

PostSubject: Re: President's Progress !!   President's Progress !! - Page 7 EmptyTue Dec 31, 2013 8:38 am

Given that Mrs P lives somewhere in the Midlands could this explain why we have heard so little from the president of late. What with the PO privatisation and a lot of motorway driving this has meant little or no time for matters like PAFC.
He should resign forthwith.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: President's Progress !!   President's Progress !! - Page 7 EmptyTue Dec 31, 2013 8:41 am

Is everybody sure that this isn't some big game designed to get ATD all hot under the collar? I wouldn't put it past Newell to concoct this story for a laugh that Webb is in on.

I mean she's no stunner that's fore shore but Webb is a feckin halfwit who resembles a monkey.

The thread was also started by one of Newell's buddies and normally anything that showed Webb in a bad light is covered up pretty quickly.

I also remember Mrs Purse making some comments on Twitter which showed she reads this site so I reckon we should all wave to her to show we're glad she's an ATD fan. Big wave to Mrs P, no over here luv, you're looking in completely the wrong direction.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: President's Progress !!   President's Progress !! - Page 7 EmptyTue Dec 31, 2013 8:41 am

Dane. wrote:
That happened early in last night.  I find it odd that it was locked but Not removed.  

It's pretty straight-forward Dane. Nool and Co (obv with Webbs blessing) want the news to be 'out there'. What they don't want is any negative comment, hence the thread being locked.

Bobs yer Uncle, fine 'n' dandy, jobs a good'un.
Back to top Go down
swampy

PostSubject: Re: President's Progress !!   President's Progress !! - Page 7 EmptyTue Dec 31, 2013 8:53 am

Looking at Purses twitter feed he was probably unaware of this til the last few days. Its a private matter and only those involved will now the full facts and that side of it is their business. I do think though that this makes his role as pres untenable. With all the underhand internet shenanigans and now this with a recent team captains wife Brent should once and for all get rid of the jumped up prat who was clearly not president material from the outset just clever ploy from Brent to have him on the inside pissing out.
Back to top Go down
Dougie

Dougie

PostSubject: Re: President's Progress !!   President's Progress !! - Page 7 EmptyTue Dec 31, 2013 8:55 am

Someone definitely wanted the news out there. I was told it sitting at a table in a greasy spoon caff eating a full English before the Wimbledon game. No one I knew just another gang of Argyle fans sitting at the same table. I beleive they had travelled up on the coach from Plymouth.

The Pasoti thread was allowed then locked to nip it in the bud I beleive. Say it's a private matter (which on one level it is) and not let anyone make any link between the affair and Argyle (which on another level their is). It allows Mr Webb to continue warming the proverbial Presidential feathered bed he has made for himself at Argyle.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: President's Progress !!   President's Progress !! - Page 7 EmptyTue Dec 31, 2013 8:55 am

I see where Knecht is coming from but there is the Argyle related nature of his release.

He was obviously "not right" during the Fleetwood match when he was sent off for two bookable offences in a minute if I remember rightly. I attended the Bradford game 3 days later and was told by someone who had stayed with the team throughout the trip that Purse was so frustrated he injured himself kicking a wall at Fleetwood and would not have been fit to play at Bradford anyway.

The mood in the camp over the 4 days was heavy to say the least apparently.

Less than 6 weeks later he leaves the club.

All of this could be 2 + 2 = 5....

Man gets wound up and sent off in match kicks wall in frustration
Man leaves club for promotion seeking club and reduces the wage bill at poorer club

However this "news" does nothing but add to the speculation.

Affairs happen in all work places and a football club is no different. But as in all work places it can have an impact.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: President's Progress !!   President's Progress !! - Page 7 EmptyTue Dec 31, 2013 9:00 am

Greenjock wrote:
Is everybody sure that this isn't some big game designed to get ATD all hot under the collar? I wouldn't put it past Newell to concoct this story for a laugh that Webb is in on.

I mean she's no stunner that's fore shore but Webb is a feckin halfwit who resembles a monkey.

The thread was also started by one of Newell's buddies and normally anything that showed Webb in a bad light is covered up pretty quickly.

I also remember Mrs Purse making some comments on Twitter which showed she reads this site so I reckon we should all wave to her to show we're glad she's an ATD fan. Big wave to Mrs P, no over here luv, you're looking in completely the wrong direction.

Wouldn't be the biggest shock in the world Jocko. But the way the story broke, it would be taking the piss out of their readership even more than ATD if it were a hoax.
Back to top Go down
Dougie

Dougie

PostSubject: Re: President's Progress !!   President's Progress !! - Page 7 EmptyTue Dec 31, 2013 9:39 am

knecht wrote:
Allegedly Mr Webb has been involved in tons of previous that isn't of the same ilk (though admittedly some of it of the same). That ought to be the focus of exposure not his personal life.

What can this possibly mean?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: President's Progress !!   President's Progress !! - Page 7 EmptyTue Dec 31, 2013 9:52 am

Ooooooh gossip and tittle tattle. You lot will be reading Take A Break and watching Loose Women next. Man up men - who cares? It's their business.
I can't wait for the next GoS update where you'll be bitching about Sue Pollard wearing the same hat two weeks in a row.
Get you lot.

President's Progress !! - Page 7 Gossip-300x206
Back to top Go down
Dougie

Dougie

PostSubject: Re: President's Progress !!   President's Progress !! - Page 7 EmptyTue Dec 31, 2013 9:58 am

It is and it isn't (their business)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: President's Progress !!   President's Progress !! - Page 7 EmptyTue Dec 31, 2013 10:14 am

Chris Webb has betrayed a friend, wounded him right at his heart, and embarrassed him in the eyes of virtually the entire Plymouth Argyle supporting community who will have to discover this.

As others have said, with friends who do this to you - who needs enemies?

A lot of people just like me will be disappointed in Chris, and will see a giant hypocrite on stage from now on, holding that microphone.

A man who can act and upset and behave like this certainly is not 'President' material in my eyes. He doesn't speak for me, have my faith, trust and backing. Some wanted Larrieu in - well there is a good decent man you can be certain wouldn't be dragging the club through the soil like this.

Hopefully Darren Purse is handling it well. He was a pretty good bloke by all accounts.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: President's Progress !!   President's Progress !! - Page 7 EmptyTue Dec 31, 2013 10:25 am

Dane. wrote:
I've just had two withheld calls telling me each time to stop posting on this subject or I'll regret it

Who do you think was behind them?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: President's Progress !!   President's Progress !! - Page 7 EmptyTue Dec 31, 2013 10:30 am

LOL

Mega-melo-drama-tastic post there ejh.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: President's Progress !!   President's Progress !! - Page 7 EmptyTue Dec 31, 2013 10:35 am

Damon.Lenszner wrote:
Poor Sam Rendell must be spinning. Some did know and didn't post Dane, this has been stage managed because practically the whole Argyle world (including Knecht) knew yesterday.

In the testosterone charged world of the dressing room there are some blokes rules that you don't break. Shagging a mate's wife (or even ex wife) is right at the top of the list. The President - Argyle's very own John Terry.

The only albeit minor difference, is that Chris Webb isn't one of the best players in the world in his position, and captain of his club and national team.

I can see why Chelsea chose to look the other way with him.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: President's Progress !!   President's Progress !! - Page 7 EmptyTue Dec 31, 2013 10:38 am

hairy j wrote:
LOL

Mega-melo-drama-tastic post there ejh.

Have you ever had a wife and kids, a family of your own?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: President's Progress !!   President's Progress !! - Page 7 EmptyTue Dec 31, 2013 10:44 am

Greenjock wrote:

I did wonder if Greenman had fallen out with the mob of the select few, they seem ever-so-keen to ensure that the news is maximized while stopping the thread so as to appear that they have some sort of moral understanding, yet that's something that we all know they lack.

Of course it could be yet another attempt to set up ATD, but that's unlikely as it was spread by Webb's best mate's public forum and even if that was the case it has backfired somewhat as now rumors seem to be gaining momentum regarding previous activities with others in committed relationships.

The only thing for sure is that if this is being stage managed, sooner or later there will be a 'poor me' speech from Webb that will attempt to darken and slur the name of ATD.

Oh what a tangled Webb we weave when we...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: President's Progress !!   President's Progress !! - Page 7 EmptyTue Dec 31, 2013 10:48 am

To ejh as the quote thing messed up....

Yep. 3 kids and I've been with Mrs Hairy for 8 years. I've also had relationships prior to that that have ended for various reasons. This is gossip and doesn't really effect any one.
It's hardly the moral crime of the decade is it - this stuff happens all the time to many people. Your John Terry comment sums it up - it was ok for Chelsea to turn a blind eye.

Good luck to them all.
Back to top Go down
Dougie

Dougie

PostSubject: Re: President's Progress !!   President's Progress !! - Page 7 EmptyTue Dec 31, 2013 10:54 am

As long as The President told Mr Purse to his face and lived up to his own dearly held standards of dealing with problems and issues.
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: President's Progress !!   President's Progress !! - Page 7 EmptyTue Dec 31, 2013 10:57 am

Just had a good yarn with my postman
Back to top Go down
Mock Cuncher

Mock Cuncher

PostSubject: Re: President's Progress !!   President's Progress !! - Page 7 EmptyTue Dec 31, 2013 10:57 am

The President's File:

1. Used "Greenman" account on ATD, an account used to send vile threats to a family member of a poster.
2. Blamed an 18 year old club employee for the above even though he had nothing to do with it whatsoever.
3. Rump-a-pumped Lindsay Purse, posso on a regular basis. Weeks later Darren Purse leaves, leaving the club more threatened by relegation than ever before.
4. Used his influence to remove a history segment part of the club programme because he didn't like the volunteer who penned it free of charge.
5. Set up a Hitler Yoof group in the Demport, peeing off all who previously sat there.
6. ?

Now, I've boffed my fair share fore shore of fortunate sheilas, but most know not to shit on one's own doorstep?

The club took a really sour direction during the Seip/Stapleton inbreeding saga and it confused everything at a time when things were fooked up enough as it was behind the scenes. Fore shorely this is as good a time as any to get chopped of this cancer to the club?
Back to top Go down
http://wrongunatlongon.wordpress.com/

PostSubject: Re: President's Progress !!   President's Progress !! - Page 7 EmptyTue Dec 31, 2013 10:59 am

Tgwu wrote:
Just had a good yarn with my postman

French letters?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: President's Progress !!   President's Progress !! - Page 7 EmptyTue Dec 31, 2013 11:02 am

Mock Cuncher wrote:
The President's File:

1. Used "Greenman" account on ATD, an account used to send vile threats to a family member of a poster.
2. Blamed an 18 year old club employee for the above even though he had nothing to do with it whatsoever.
3. Rump-a-pumped Lindsay Purse, posso on a regular basis. Weeks later Darren Purse leaves, leaving the club more threatened by relegation than ever before.
4. Used his influence to remove a history segment part of the club programme because he didn't like the volunteer who penned it free of charge.
5. Set up a Hitler Yoof group in the Demport, peeing off all who previously sat there.
6. ?

Now, I've boffed my fair share fore shore of fortunate sheilas, but most know not to shit on one's own doorstep?

The club took a really sour direction during the Seip/Stapleton inbreeding saga and it confused everything at a time when things were fooked up enough as it was behind the scenes. Fore shorely this is as good a time as any to get chopped of this cancer to the club?

Yup!
Back to top Go down
Dougie

Dougie

PostSubject: Re: President's Progress !!   President's Progress !! - Page 7 EmptyTue Dec 31, 2013 11:35 am

This was my favourite quote on ATD this year

Quote :
I loved what the club represented with Foot ... it had dignity along with a little humour, long term identity and purpose.

Why this whole affair (in all senses of the word) matters is that it continues to distance the club (and whether we like it or not and whether he would accept it or not Chris Webb is a huge part of the club) from the ideals in that quote.
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

PostSubject: Re: President's Progress !!   President's Progress !! - Page 7 EmptyTue Dec 31, 2013 11:38 am

Pokesdown wrote:
I see where Knecht is coming from but there is the Argyle related nature of his release.

He was obviously "not right" during the Fleetwood match when he was sent off for two bookable offences in a minute if I remember rightly. I attended the Bradford game 3 days later and was told by someone who had stayed with the team throughout the trip that Purse was so frustrated he injured himself kicking a wall at Fleetwood and would not have been fit to play at Bradford anyway.

The mood in the camp over the 4 days was heavy to say the least apparently.

Less than 6 weeks later he leaves the club.

All of this could be 2 + 2 = 5....

Man gets wound up and sent off in match kicks wall in frustration
Man leaves club for promotion seeking club and reduces the wage bill at poorer club

However this "news" does nothing but add to the speculation.

Affairs happen in all work places and a football club is no different. But as in all work places it can have an impact.

season ticket holders money used to pay for it ! disgusting. If and its a big IF, this was the reason for a pay off then Webb must resign.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: President's Progress !!   President's Progress !! - Page 7 Empty

Back to top Go down

President's Progress !!
Page 7 of 21Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 14 ... 21  Next