pepsipete
Dane
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage
Tringreen

Tringreen

Whats the solution  - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Whats the solution    Whats the solution  - Page 4 EmptyMon Dec 30, 2013 2:19 pm

knecht wrote:
"If you don't like it - go and post elsewhere". Isn't that what another web-site says? Surely ATD is big enough to have all shades of opinion? I mean if we have well-respected Exeter supporters on here .......!

It isn't a 'shades of opinion' thing Knecht. Zyph/Princerock is at least consistent on both sites in his pleas for all Argyle people to 'get on'. What he forgets or doesn't realise is that the root cause of the mutual dislike is the Pasoti bannings, for no other reason than they wanted to control opinion.They try to claim that banned posters broke the rules/agreement. This is simply untrue in many cases and if they were to ban those who break the rules, the co owner, the president, the site manager and most, if not all of the mods, would be history. The devious, bullying activities of those with a taste for prawn sandwiches and position but little appetite for transparency and vision, continue without apology.

Many members of this forum will simply not unite and talk football, until there has been some sort of revolution at HP, the controlling for personal positioning ceases and the lunatics are no longer helping to run the asylum.

When long time supporters of intelligence and vision like Charlie Wood, Plympton Pilgrim and Winter Green, refuse to attend the Theatre of Schemes, there is something very, very wrong.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Whats the solution    Whats the solution  - Page 4 EmptyMon Dec 30, 2013 2:29 pm

ZYPH wrote:
GOB wrote:
ZYPH wrote:
Well GOB can you prove that, have you a watertight case to put before a court....if not this will go on for ever...and those of us who are caught in the middle will lose interest in pasoti and atd and go elsewhere and talk about things such as ....ummm how about Argyle and football as some of us do elsewhere even today, as we follow PAFC.

I have no need, desire or reason to supply proof of anything Zyph but please feel free to go elsewhere to discuss the things that interest you, I think that would be a good thing and is needed.

So if you have no need or desire or reason........why do you rattle on about it all the time then.

Might be a new years resolution of mine then....too help keep my sanity from reading the same Rant over and over and over....etc....I'll give it serious thought and in the new year I might get the mods to cancel my account..... if I decide I've had enough of this boring theme that is making ATD blinkered from what else is going on.

There made your day.

To answer the question....because I can Zyph, because I can.

You must do what is right for you Zyph, I do not believe that on this site anyone has the desire to try to prevent you from doing anything that you want. However, there are others on other websites that have a track record for attempting to prevent and destabilize such interest.

I happen to believe that a more "let's just talk about the football" kinda site would be very welcome by many to take over the void left by a corrupted PASOTI, so I genuinely wish you luck.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Whats the solution    Whats the solution  - Page 4 EmptyMon Dec 30, 2013 2:30 pm

Tringreen wrote:
knecht wrote:
"If you don't like it - go and post elsewhere". Isn't that what another web-site says? Surely ATD is big enough to have all shades of opinion? I mean if we have well-respected Exeter supporters on here .......!

It isn't a 'shades of opinion' thing Knecht. Zyph/Princerock is at least consistent on both sites in his pleas for all Argyle people to 'get on'. What he forgets or doesn't realise is that the root cause of the mutual dislike is the Pasoti bannings, for no other reason than they wanted to control opinion.They try to claim that banned posters broke the rules/agreement. This is simply untrue in many cases and if they were to ban those who break the rules, the co owner, the president, the site manager and most, if not all of the mods, would be history. The devious, bullying activities of those with a taste for prawn sandwiches and position but little appetite for transparency and vision, continue without apology.

Many members of this forum will simply not unite and talk football, until there has been some sort of revolution at HP, the controlling for personal positioning ceases  and the lunatics are no longer helping to run the asylum.

When long time supporters of intelligence and vision like Charlie Wood, Plympton Pilgrim and Winter Green, refuse to attend the Theatre of Schemes, there is something very, very wrong.

He may not have forgotten and maybe he does realise, he's just not as bothered about it as some.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Whats the solution    Whats the solution  - Page 4 EmptyMon Dec 30, 2013 3:06 pm

Jack Sheppard wrote:
Tringreen wrote:
knecht wrote:

Many members of this forum will simply not unite and talk football, until there has been some sort of revolution at HP, the controlling for personal positioning ceases  and the lunatics are no longer helping to run the asylum.

He may not have forgotten and maybe he does realise, he's just not as bothered about it as some.

That much may be true but when we have to repeatedly point out 'why' we can't 'just get on' and talk about the terminally crap football, it becomes tiresome. If only he'd just stop playing Henry frikkin Kissinger and accept that the mutual feelings of mistrust have about as much chance of an acceptable resolution, as does the Cyprus Problem !
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Whats the solution    Whats the solution  - Page 4 EmptyMon Dec 30, 2013 3:26 pm

knecht wrote:
I've had a look Knecht, and I can't find one poster saying "go post elsewhere, then". People are just discussing and Zyph happens to be in a minority on this subject, that's all. In fact Zyph was the one thinking he might wanna stop. That's OK too, and he doesn't have to beg and scrape to have some moderator deign to allow such a heresy. He's quite capable of looking after himself, although I would suggest it's the Home Park football same old same old, and not just ATD and Pasoti, that might be boring him. Dull as ditch water was Dougie's comment on the away Wombledon game, and I expect Wednesday won't be much different.
I quite like Zyph as a poster, as I have always liked 125 when he can be bothered. He states his case well enough, and likes most of what is going down at the club, and therefore is bound to be in a minority on here, that's all. Sensible is a waste of space but maybe that's because he doesn't play the ball enough, he just plays the man. Now that is Pasotiesque.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Whats the solution    Whats the solution  - Page 4 EmptyMon Dec 30, 2013 3:36 pm

PlymptonPilgrim wrote:
ZYPH wrote:
Well GOB can you prove that, have you a watertight case to put before a court....if not this will go on for ever...and those of us who are caught in the middle will lose interest in pasoti and atd and go elsewhere and talk about things such as ....ummm how about Argyle and football as some of us do elsewhere even today, as we follow PAFC.

There used to be a poster on the farm who had a very similar style of posting.....using full stops....a lot.....

Farmer Gyles was his name as I recall....he was very much a Stapleton disciple.

Haven't heard much from him since Stapes' demise.

It never ceases to amaze me how ATD readers have such long memories. Good init - and useful in our struggle against the dark lord and his evil empire. Jedi Knight 
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Whats the solution    Whats the solution  - Page 4 EmptyMon Dec 30, 2013 5:24 pm

Farmer Gyles I've never been....but poor old sensible will be having palpitations...having his name mentioned in the same sentence as 'Pasotiesque'...he has certainly never been signed in there.

In fact he got rather upset when Lee Jameson posted on another forum that we frequented...told him where to go very quickly...such is life.

ps....there not full stops as such.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Whats the solution    Whats the solution  - Page 4 EmptyMon Dec 30, 2013 5:36 pm

Winter Green wrote:
knecht wrote:
I've had a look Knecht, and I can't find one poster saying "go post elsewhere, then". People are just discussing and Zyph happens to be in a minority on this subject, that's all. In fact Zyph was the one thinking he might wanna stop. That's OK too, and he doesn't have to beg and scrape to have some moderator deign to allow such a heresy. He's quite capable of looking after himself, although I would suggest it's the Home Park football same old same old, and not just ATD and Pasoti, that might be boring him. Dull as ditch water was Dougie's comment on the away Wombledon game, and I expect Wednesday won't be much different.
I quite like Zyph as a poster, as I have always liked 125 when he can be bothered. He states his case well enough, and likes most of what is going down at the club, and therefore is bound to be in a minority on here, that's all. Sensible is a waste of space but maybe that's because he doesn't play the ball enough, he just plays the man. Now that is Pasotiesque.

I think that Knects comment may have been aimed at me. All I would add to your post that I mostly agree with is that what winds me up is people suggesting that we as mods should somehow be moulding and directing the site in this or that direction but always with the adage "for the good of the site." ATD is what it is, it's not mine or anybody else's to change or direct. We get the same posters moaning about threads that they don't like yet they don't seem to miss a single one that bores them? Lots of threads on here bore the shite out of me and I tend to ignore them, if there were too many I would just go elsewhere. Simples.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Whats the solution    Whats the solution  - Page 4 EmptyMon Dec 30, 2013 9:42 pm

GOB said "please feel free to go elsewhere to discuss the things that interest you".

Iggy said "Anybody can delete their own account on ATD another first for democracy."

PoI said " Thumbs "

And Iggy said "I mostly agree with is that what winds me up is people suggesting that we as mods should somehow be moulding and directing the site in this or that direction but always with the adage "for the good of the site." ATD is what it is, it's not mine or anybody else's to change or direct. We get the same posters moaning about threads that they don't like yet they don't seem to miss a single one that bores them? Lots of threads on here bore the shite out of me and I tend to ignore them, if there were too many I would just go elsewhere. Simples."

And the final post is one that I agree with.  Very Happy

And, interestingly (maybe), all of the above are posters whose views I respect, look out for and often agree with.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Whats the solution    Whats the solution  - Page 4 EmptyMon Dec 30, 2013 10:15 pm

Iggy. I don't mean this in a Mrs Purse sort of way, but I do believe you are one of the best moderators this site has had. The laid back thing is quite difficult to get right. You do more than your fair share, and say it as you see it without bullying anyone.
As for Sensible on his very own 606, Zyph, I wish he would treat the posters on this site with the same respect he does on his own forum. That would make this forum a far better place.
It's not that difficult, just disagree with someone firmly, and no more. End of. Nothing lost, maybe tuppence gained by all.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Whats the solution    Whats the solution  - Page 4 EmptyMon Dec 30, 2013 11:10 pm

flower 
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Whats the solution    Whats the solution  - Page 4 EmptyTue Dec 31, 2013 7:22 am

Winter Green wrote:
Iggy. I don't mean this in a Mrs Purse sort of way, but I do believe you are one of the best moderators this site has had. The laid back thing is quite difficult to get right. You do more than your fair share, and say it as you see it without bullying anyone.
As for Sensible on his very own 606, Zyph, I wish he would treat the posters on this site with the same respect he does on his own forum. That would make this forum a far better place.
It's not that difficult, just disagree with someone firmly, and no more. End of. Nothing lost, maybe tuppence gained by all.

Winter Green........(not fullstops)....I treat everyone on this site with the same respect that they treat me.

I never get abusive or use in-appropiate language to anyone on any website....by doing that I believe that you've lost the argument or point that you are trying to get over.

Back to top Go down
pepsipete

pepsipete

PostSubject: Re: Whats the solution    Whats the solution  - Page 4 EmptyTue Dec 31, 2013 9:05 am

Agreed
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Whats the solution    Whats the solution  - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

Whats the solution
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4