Plymouth Argyle Talk - Democratic

The 'ONLY' Independent Internet Forum for Argyle Fans

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

who is the new player (Nathan Thomas signs)

Go down 
+11
Chemical Ali
Czarcasm
argyl3
PlymptonPilgrim
Freathy
Greenskin
Rollo Tomasi
akagreengull
pepsipete
Dane
Tgwu
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage

who is the new player (Nathan Thomas signs) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: who is the new player (Nathan Thomas signs)   who is the new player (Nathan Thomas signs) - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 24, 2013 1:48 pm

Sufferedsince68 wrote:
I think it was my boy hood hero norman piper, who played against bulgaria for the england under 23, there was around twenty three thousand at homepark for that one(including this real fan) sullivan i think played against polands under 23. if speccy finishes his home park vandalism the capacity will be 15ooo. i belive, still none of speccy's boys will ever get near playing for england sadly!

I have seen two Under 21 matches at HP, one in the 70s and one in the 80s. Sullivan played in the match in the 70s but I can't remember who it was against. In the 80s it was definitely against Poland because I traveled to Wembley the next day to watch the World Cup qualifier against Poland. So the question is, was the match in the 70s against Poland as well?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: who is the new player (Nathan Thomas signs)   who is the new player (Nathan Thomas signs) - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 24, 2013 1:49 pm

Angry wrote:
how have the club sanctioned this signing when the deadline for freebies and loans end last month and doesnt open up till jan  Neutral 
He's a job seeker looking for work angry, if he's unemployed he can sign for anyone at anytime.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: who is the new player (Nathan Thomas signs)   who is the new player (Nathan Thomas signs) - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 24, 2013 1:53 pm

GOB wrote:
Sufferedsince68 wrote:
I think it was my boy hood hero norman piper, who played against bulgaria for the england under 23, there was around twenty three thousand at homepark for that one(including this real fan) sullivan i think played against polands under 23. if speccy finishes his home park vandalism the capacity will be 15ooo. i belive, still none of speccy's boys will ever get near playing for england sadly!

I have seen two Under 21 matches at HP, one in the 70s and one in the 80s. Sullivan played in the match in the 70s but I can't remember who it was against. In the 80s it was definitely against Poland because I traveled to Wembley the next day to watch the World Cup qualifier against Poland. So the question is, was the match in the 70s against Poland as well?
Two under twenty three matches in the seventies gob, against bulgaria (shilton) in goal, piper, in midfield, the other under twenty three game was against poland, which was sullivans game.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: who is the new player (Nathan Thomas signs)   who is the new player (Nathan Thomas signs) - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 24, 2013 1:54 pm

Have read the interview on the PAFC website. It doesn't sound good, especially the falling out bit. Sheridan's that impressed he's signed the lad for all of 6 months. That's what I call commitment. jocolor
Darlington must be gutted.

Last edited by Winter Green on Tue Dec 24, 2013 1:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: who is the new player (Nathan Thomas signs)   who is the new player (Nathan Thomas signs) - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 24, 2013 1:55 pm

Sufferedsince68 wrote:
GOB wrote:
Sufferedsince68 wrote:

Two under twenty three matches in the seventies gob, against bulgaria (shilton) in goal, piper, in midfield, the other under twenty three game was against poland, which was sullivans game.

Thanks Suffered, I wondered who it was that I watched all those years ago.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: who is the new player (Nathan Thomas signs)   who is the new player (Nathan Thomas signs) - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 24, 2013 1:58 pm

Winter Green wrote:
Have read the interview on the PAFC website. It doesn't sound good, especially the falling out bit. Sheridan's that impressed he's signed the lad for all of 6 months. That's what I call commitment. jocolor
Not my idea of a marquee signing, more of a one man tent, sort of signing. jocolor  jocolor  jocolor  santa
Back to top Go down
Chemical Ali

PostSubject: Re: who is the new player (Nathan Thomas signs)   who is the new player (Nathan Thomas signs) - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 24, 2013 3:44 pm

This article talks him up a bit-

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

His comments-

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: who is the new player (Nathan Thomas signs)   who is the new player (Nathan Thomas signs) - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 24, 2013 3:53 pm

Quote :
Nathan appears to be cut from the same cloth as other exciting attacking players that Argyle manager John Sheridan has brought to Home Park.
Back to top Go down
PlymptonPilgrim
Admin
PlymptonPilgrim

PostSubject: Re: who is the new player (Nathan Thomas signs)   who is the new player (Nathan Thomas signs) - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 24, 2013 4:09 pm

Oh well, best of luck to the lad. If he doesn't score a hat trick on his debut, you just know he'll be in for some fearful stick.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: who is the new player (Nathan Thomas signs)   who is the new player (Nathan Thomas signs) - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 24, 2013 4:15 pm

Tyler Harvey must be well chuffed.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: who is the new player (Nathan Thomas signs)   who is the new player (Nathan Thomas signs) - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 24, 2013 4:55 pm

hairy j wrote:
Quote :
Nathan appears to be cut from the same cloth as other exciting attacking players that Argyle manager John Sheridan has brought to Home Park.

More misleading propaganda from the club lol
Back to top Go down
`rgill

PostSubject: Re: who is the new player (Nathan Thomas signs)   who is the new player (Nathan Thomas signs) - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 24, 2013 5:38 pm

Dave Corbett played for the u`23`s against Belguim at Home Park,He started the game but was replaced by Alan Suddick of Newcastle who was the real deal.
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

PostSubject: Re: who is the new player (Nathan Thomas signs)   who is the new player (Nathan Thomas signs) - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 24, 2013 9:38 pm

Don't tell me we beat off competition from frickley, colne dynamos & blurton blandsandrians
Back to top Go down
happypilgrim

PostSubject: Re: who is the new player (Nathan Thomas signs)   who is the new player (Nathan Thomas signs) - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 24, 2013 10:30 pm

Hope he does not turn out to be too good , because what with lots of turkey and pud the humble pie the above posters will be eating might just prove too much Wink
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: who is the new player (Nathan Thomas signs)   who is the new player (Nathan Thomas signs) - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 25, 2013 1:06 am

Sounds like he fancies himself from what he has seen of our squad in training.

I just can't believe he went from a contract offer at Sunderland (and Prem/Championship club offers) to suddenly having contract obligations with Darlington.

Sheridan has spoken up several dud players up now, the likes of Blackman for example, he made him out to be a star signing.

19 though, great age to find a player. Hopefully he might end up more like Craig Noone than Joe Lennox.
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: who is the new player (Nathan Thomas signs)   who is the new player (Nathan Thomas signs) - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 25, 2013 10:40 am

Can only see how he plays - will certainly be a test tomorrow against the league leaders. I guess the issue is Sheridans judgement in finding new players, one things for sure we certainly need someone new.
Back to top Go down
Mapperley, darling

Mapperley, darling

PostSubject: Re: who is the new player (Nathan Thomas signs)   who is the new player (Nathan Thomas signs) - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 25, 2013 11:20 am

when he said premiership did he mean northern premier? that would make a bit more argo sense
Back to top Go down
http://www.nicegarden.co.uk
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: who is the new player (Nathan Thomas signs)   who is the new player (Nathan Thomas signs) - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

who is the new player (Nathan Thomas signs)
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2