Argyle Talk Democratic

The ONLY Independent Internet Forum for Argyle Fans
 
HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 
 

 Nathan Blisset signs

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Hugh Watt
Admin


Posts : 3844
Join date : 2012-01-08
Location : Over there....

PostSubject: Nathan Blisset signs   Wed Jan 04, 2017 11:18 am

With gritted teeth Green Jim has started doling out transfer funds

£15,000 for another non scoring striker

Pasoti in meltdown with gratitude to the Philanthropist Benefactor

_______________________________________
Don't forget to follow us on Twitter @TheOfficial_ATD
Back to top Go down
PatDunne



Posts : 1064
Join date : 2013-11-21
Age : 56

PostSubject: Re: Nathan Blisset signs   Wed Jan 04, 2017 11:30 am

Big signing, huge intent, well done PAFC
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

avatar

Posts : 4659
Join date : 2014-03-30

PostSubject: Re: Nathan Blisset signs   Wed Jan 04, 2017 11:41 am

Liverpool must be bricking it.
Back to top Go down
RegGreen



Posts : 1734
Join date : 2015-07-08

PostSubject: Re: Nathan Blisset signs   Wed Jan 04, 2017 11:51 am

Luther blisset could proberly score more goals now than this fella..lol shocking goal scoring record 4 in 24 games!! Just whats needed for that last promotion push a striker that cant score in a brothel
Back to top Go down
Angry

avatar

Posts : 9894
Join date : 2013-08-16

PostSubject: Re: Nathan Blisset signs   Wed Jan 04, 2017 2:25 pm

So none of the Nelson money or pending Liverpool funds that the game will bring in has gone into the transfer fund.

Its not something that i find remotely bit shocking but how is £15000 on a non league striker who struggles to score in that league and has never set the world alight in this league or higher seen as anything more than a bargain signing with the funds available.

we are due to sign a midfield too im told between now and the 31st probably on a free and then thats us done and dusted as del bhey only wants 3 in to add to what we got.

Back to top Go down
PatDunne



Posts : 1064
Join date : 2013-11-21
Age : 56

PostSubject: Re: Nathan Blisset signs   Wed Jan 04, 2017 3:02 pm

Can't blow the budget on players, Oak doors and stainless steel handrails* wont be cheap in the Mayflower refurb.....

*not that we will get them
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

avatar

Posts : 7423
Join date : 2011-10-23

PostSubject: Re: Nathan Blisset signs   Wed Jan 04, 2017 3:41 pm

Majority of Bristol Rovers fans are shocked we're signing him. They're obviously unaware of the Poundland transfer market Adams is being forced to shop in.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
akagreengull

avatar

Posts : 2243
Join date : 2012-01-12
Age : 61
Location : Mutant Abbot

PostSubject: Re: Nathan Blisset signs   Wed Jan 04, 2017 5:11 pm

Welcome aboard the good ship Argyle Nathan.
Just hope Nathan is not castigated by the  fans for being a non league player.
Can't blame him for taking the opportunity of being signed by Adams and argyle.
Obviously if he turns out to  be a really shit signing then yep he should get the  usual green army negativity, like any other  player who doesn't perform.
Banana party animal deadhorse
Back to top Go down
akagreengull

avatar

Posts : 2243
Join date : 2012-01-12
Age : 61
Location : Mutant Abbot

PostSubject: Re: Nathan Blisset signs   Wed Jan 04, 2017 5:16 pm

Perhaps somebody motivated should go on the gas thread and put them in the picture about the continuing Brentmare.
Oi car'nt be arsed.
Back to top Go down
beesrus



Posts : 878
Join date : 2016-11-23

PostSubject: Re: Nathan Blisset signs   Wed Jan 04, 2017 5:19 pm

Czarcasm wrote:
Majority of Bristol Rovers fans are shocked we're signing him. They're obviously unaware of the Poundland transfer market Adams is being forced to shop in.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Oh dear. Sounds familiar.

Quote :
For all his size- he was very poor at receiving a long ball above knee height

Maybe he could do a job selling artisan ice cream. Laughing
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

avatar

Posts : 3133
Join date : 2012-01-13
Age : 52
Location : Plymouth

PostSubject: Re: Nathan Blisset signs   Wed Jan 04, 2017 5:21 pm

Hugh Watt wrote:
With gritted teeth Green Jim has started doling out transfer funds

£15,000 for another non scoring striker

Pasoti in meltdown with gratitude to the Philanthropist Benefactor



With quotes like this from philmeboots :- Can't believe that you are advocating speculate to accumulate when the previous board were criticised in doing that very thing. If Blissett was the only signing I would agree with the doubters, but no doubt he is part of a strategic January plan. He offers something different from the bench and when he played against us in the pre season friendly he proved more than a handful against Bradley and Bulvitis. The January window is not the time to be spending £100k+ on a striker. No doubt a winger will also be on his way in at some time and probably another full back. Garita will no doubt be first choice if he stays and if he doesn't I anticipate another striker coming in too. Garita should be back to fully match fit in a couple of games time. Loan signings are definitely the way in the main in this window. Excited to hear who else will be joining us!!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]


Last edited by VillageGreen on Wed Jan 04, 2017 5:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
akagreengull

avatar

Posts : 2243
Join date : 2012-01-12
Age : 61
Location : Mutant Abbot

PostSubject: Re: Nathan Blisset signs   Wed Jan 04, 2017 5:21 pm

Imagine they would piss their pants if they knew what was going on down here, given they have investing owners and seem to be moving forward as a club.
Good luck to the gas, I feel a bit envious right now of where they are.
Back to top Go down
Angry

avatar

Posts : 9894
Join date : 2013-08-16

PostSubject: Re: Nathan Blisset signs   Wed Jan 04, 2017 5:24 pm

akagreengull wrote:
Welcome aboard the good ship Argyle Nathan.
Just hope Nathan is not castigated by the  fans for being a non league player.
Can't blame him for taking the opportunity of being signed by Adams and argyle.
Obviously if he turns out to  be a really shit signing then yep he should get the  usual green army negativity, like any other  player who doesn't perform.
Banana party animal deadhorse

i don't rate him as a striker at 26 years old hes hardly a spring onion in terms of youth development potential in the future or someone with a track record that's suggests we finally found a striker who can score 15-20 a season like reid did while he is here or likely to score the goals in league one next season.

if he has pace then like Slew he'll probably be a winger and hope he manages to fufil his potential there but up front im not convinced.

i'll give him the benefit of the doubt and see how he does over time like all signings but im not convinced he alone is going to bring a trophy here in may or automatic promotion.
Back to top Go down
akagreengull

avatar

Posts : 2243
Join date : 2012-01-12
Age : 61
Location : Mutant Abbot

PostSubject: Re: Nathan Blisset signs   Wed Jan 04, 2017 5:31 pm

Angry wrote:
akagreengull wrote:
Welcome aboard the good ship Argyle Nathan.
Just hope Nathan is not castigated by the  fans for being a non league player.
Can't blame him for taking the opportunity of being signed by Adams and argyle.
Obviously if he turns out to  be a really shit signing then yep he should get the  usual green army negativity, like any other  player who doesn't perform.
Banana party animal deadhorse

i don't rate him as a striker at 26 years old hes hardly a spring onion in terms of youth development potential in the future or someone with a track record that's suggests we finally found a striker who can score 15-20 a season like reid did while he is here or likely to score the goals in league one next season.

if he has pace then like Slew he'll probably be a winger and hope he manages to fufil his potential there but up front im not convinced.

i'll give him the benefit of the doubt and see how he does over time like all signings but im not convinced he alone is going to bring a trophy here in may or automatic promotion.

That's all I'm saying is give the guy the benefit of the doubt.
He may become aware himself of the overwhelming lack of ambition and overt penny pinching by green Jimmy.
Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

avatar

Posts : 3222
Join date : 2014-06-01
Location : Mini Stand.

PostSubject: Re: Nathan Blisset signs   Wed Jan 04, 2017 5:31 pm

As predicted No Goal Nate, the most unambitious signing in Argo's history has joined the circus an utter pisstake of a signing, along with Jacob Nomark straight out of the Southend Jobcentre, this proves Brent and the gang dont want promotion......The Brentmare goes on.
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

avatar

Posts : 3133
Join date : 2012-01-13
Age : 52
Location : Plymouth

PostSubject: Re: Nathan Blisset signs   Wed Jan 04, 2017 5:33 pm

akagreengull wrote:
Imagine they would piss their pants if they knew what was going on down here, given they have investing owners and seem to be moving forward as a club.
Good luck to the gas, I feel a bit envious right now of where they are.




Fair play to Rovers, they have financial backing and are indeed moving forward as a club.

We, on the other hand, are not moving anywhere and have not been since Brent took over (surviving a relegation and two Play-Off failures is not success in my eye). That is the galling bit about his whole tenure. What annoys me the most is that his followers will continue to say he saved the club. That was ok to say that during his first two and a half years, nowadays it is a lame excuse for them to use while the club stays in League Two.
Back to top Go down
PlymptonPilgrim
Admin
avatar

Posts : 1610
Join date : 2011-08-21
Location : Plympton and Sucina

PostSubject: Re: Nathan Blisset signs   Wed Jan 04, 2017 5:40 pm

Can't see him being a first choice striker particularly if Garita stays, and even more so when Spencer is back fit again.

But time to celebrate - we've actually paid a fee for a player cheers
Back to top Go down
akagreengull

avatar

Posts : 2243
Join date : 2012-01-12
Age : 61
Location : Mutant Abbot

PostSubject: Re: Nathan Blisset signs   Wed Jan 04, 2017 5:41 pm

Hardly surprising is it village, given we have an owner who proudly stated on taking over pafc that he was a "reluctant  bidder".
What other club in the  football  league has a reluctant bidder as an owner for fecks sake?
Reluctant bidder + eternally grateful dim fanbase = lack of ambition = lack of success.
Back to top Go down
Angry

avatar

Posts : 9894
Join date : 2013-08-16

PostSubject: Re: Nathan Blisset signs   Wed Jan 04, 2017 6:17 pm

PlymptonPilgrim wrote:
Can't see him being a first choice striker particularly if Garita stays, and even more so when Spencer is back fit again.

But time to celebrate - we've actually paid a fee for a player  cheers

Dont forget the return of Brunt which will come in March which is my guess.
Back to top Go down
Freathy

avatar

Posts : 3763
Join date : 2011-05-12

PostSubject: Re: Nathan Blisset signs   Wed Jan 04, 2017 7:24 pm

15k LOL

brent backing DA for the big mid-table push
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Nathan Blisset signs   Wed Jan 04, 2017 8:06 pm

He could do well for Argyle so to some extent wait and see is the order of the day. But how many Football League games has Blissett been involved in by the age of 26? How is that the signing of one of the biggest L2 clubs which is looking to get out of the division? He has a decent (but not exceptional) level 5 scoring record and has been in mediocre form. Even the most optimistic contributors to the Bristol Rovers forum felt that he might become a decent L2 player - surely Argyle need better than this.

There is clearly a big gap between many Argyle supporters who want to see the squad improved in terms of quality and quantity to guarantee promotion and Brent who may just stretch to increasing the numbers in the squad but will not finance quality signings. Where Argyle are right now - this season but also a club which shouldn't be languishing in L2 for all these years - they need players who will do a job, not players who may do well.

Looks like the last two January windows, done on the cheap, will be the model on which this one is based.
Back to top Go down
Coxside_Green



Posts : 1312
Join date : 2011-05-29

PostSubject: Re: Nathan Blisset signs   Wed Jan 04, 2017 9:28 pm

A nobody in his prime basically. At least Jimmy has some friends in Torbay who will no doubt back him in future. It would be a disgraceful waste of our money if my fears were true.
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

avatar

Posts : 4459
Join date : 2011-05-16
Age : 57
Location : Tavistock area

PostSubject: Re: Nathan Blisset signs   Wed Jan 04, 2017 9:57 pm

Coxside_Green wrote:
A nobody in his prime basically.  At least Jimmy has some friends in Torbay who will no doubt back him in future.  It would be a disgraceful waste of our money if my fears were true.

'Tis obviously a contribution to the refurbishment of Oldway manor.
Back to top Go down
Coxside_Green



Posts : 1312
Join date : 2011-05-29

PostSubject: Re: Nathan Blisset signs   Wed Jan 04, 2017 10:04 pm

Greenskin wrote:
Coxside_Green wrote:
A nobody in his prime basically.  At least Jimmy has some friends in Torbay who will no doubt back him in future.  It would be a disgraceful waste of our money if my fears were true.

'Tis obviously a contribution to the refurbishment of Oldway manor.

It's a donation to somewhere. I expect 'Beesrus' will dot the i's and cross the t's at some point Razz
Back to top Go down
Hugh Watt
Admin


Posts : 3844
Join date : 2012-01-08
Location : Over there....

PostSubject: Re: Nathan Blisset signs   Thu Jan 05, 2017 9:22 am

It'll probably fall through when Jim finds out how transfer fees work.

He probably thinks they are paying us £15,000 towards his wages.

_______________________________________
Don't forget to follow us on Twitter @TheOfficial_ATD
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Nathan Blisset signs   

Back to top Go down
 
Nathan Blisset signs
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next
 Similar topics
-
» Funny Saying on Signs, Bumper Stickers, and What'Eva....
» First signs of torture
» How to make colored signs
» Mark Warner/Ocean Club Staff Statements
» Now China is showing signs of revolt

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Argyle Talk Democratic  :: Home Park :: The Mayflower-
Jump to: