HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Nathan Thomas

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage

Nathan Thomas Empty
PostSubject: Nathan Thomas   Nathan Thomas EmptyTue Feb 04, 2014 4:20 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Like this article. His run was fantastic on Saturday, absolutely shredded his defender. The only point I disagree with is winning 3 or 4 on the bounce and being back in the playoffs - that only works presuming every team in the playoffs goes on losing runs of 3 or 4 straight losses. With Argyle struggling at both ends of the pitch, and the higher teams maintaining their form, there is not even hope of that happening at the moment.

If we still had Lavery I would have thought it was possible - but the lost points in between his exit have ended the dream.

I don't see how we are going to elevate to the top 3 form required now, with only Marvin Morgan and the loan market for inspiration.
Back to top Go down
Dougie

Dougie

Nathan Thomas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nathan Thomas   Nathan Thomas EmptyTue Feb 04, 2014 5:52 pm

A playoff target of 68 points would require something like WWDL over each four game mini league till the end of the season.
Back to top Go down
Han Solos Other Ship

Han Solos Other Ship

Nathan Thomas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nathan Thomas   Nathan Thomas EmptyTue Feb 04, 2014 6:03 pm

Level headed lad from the sounds of it. Give him a start, he can hardly do any worse than anyone else at the mo
Back to top Go down
Mock Cuncher

Mock Cuncher

Nathan Thomas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nathan Thomas   Nathan Thomas EmptyTue Feb 04, 2014 7:23 pm

I've played in a few teams where success wasn't really on the cards, yet some members of the side were convinced that we should have been higher. It was clear to me at the time that we really just weren't good enough, yet even I found myself claiming '2nd after team x' when they had just beaten us comfortably. Until it's mathematically impossible we were going to finish top, second, third, etc. When we'd finish 6th or wherever we were always unlucky and going to do better the next year. I think it's the team environment thing - I know I never believed it but I can't really speak for the others. Surely a fair amount of the squad are more than aware that they as a collective just aren't good enough to get promoted. They're professionals, some of them have played 100s of matches. They all know that it'll take a Lavary or two from outside the group for it to consistently perform above itself.
Back to top Go down
http://wrongunatlongon.wordpress.com/
Sponsored content

Nathan Thomas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nathan Thomas   Nathan Thomas Empty

Back to top Go down

Nathan Thomas
Page 1 of 1