Plymouth Argyle Talk - Democratic

The 'ONLY' Independent Internet Forum for Argyle Fans

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

who is the new player (Nathan Thomas signs)

Go down 
+11
Chemical Ali
Czarcasm
argyl3
PlymptonPilgrim
Freathy
Greenskin
Rollo Tomasi
akagreengull
pepsipete
Dane
Tgwu
15 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Tgwu

who is the new player (Nathan Thomas signs) Empty
PostSubject: who is the new player (Nathan Thomas signs)   who is the new player (Nathan Thomas signs) EmptyMon Dec 23, 2013 6:42 pm

PLYMOUTH Argyle are trying to complete the signing of a ‘very attack-minded’ player in time for him to be involved in the Boxing Day trip to Oxford United.

Manager John Sheridan would not reveal the identity of the potential new recruit, though, because the deal was at a ‘delicate’ stage.

Sheridan had hoped to sign the player, who comes from the north-east of England, before the game against Bury at Home Park on Saturday, but that was not possible.

An issue has arisen over whether he is a free agent or not, and Argyle are attempting to resolve that as soon as possible.

Sheridan told Herald Sport: “He has been here a week. He came in and I have had a look at him.

“He has enjoyed the training and thinks he has got a chance of playing here, and I liked what I saw.

“I have had good reports of him. I had him watched when he was on trial at another club. He’s an exciting prospect.

“We have 80-90 per cent signed him, but a problem has cropped up which is quite delicate, so we have got to be very careful.

“He told me he wasn’t tied to a club, but he is tied to a club. Hopefully, everything will get sorted.”

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] - ixzz2oKCRvQsp
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: who is the new player (Nathan Thomas signs)   who is the new player (Nathan Thomas signs) EmptyMon Dec 23, 2013 7:06 pm

And i guess the fact the trasfer window has closed for both free transfers and loan signings doesnt sway the club from releasing that?

Back to top Go down
Dane

Dane

PostSubject: Re: who is the new player (Nathan Thomas signs)   who is the new player (Nathan Thomas signs) EmptyMon Dec 23, 2013 8:04 pm

Messi
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: who is the new player (Nathan Thomas signs)   who is the new player (Nathan Thomas signs) EmptyMon Dec 23, 2013 8:07 pm

I'm getting Mike Bickle blasting the ball 20 yards high wide and handsome over the bar, and him doing his trademark toothless grimace, head in hands, "Ooooooohhhh !! so close, so unlucky". Unlucky Argyle. At least you're doing your best.

On a connected January note, I wonder if Jimmyboy thinks paying a fee for a player constitutes us cheating. As we all know he thinks us fans are into cheating at the first opportunity we get being the ungentlemanly oiks we are.
Heaven forbid a professional football club should actually pay for a player or sign anyone that wasn't "off the dole"
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: who is the new player (Nathan Thomas signs)   who is the new player (Nathan Thomas signs) EmptyMon Dec 23, 2013 8:17 pm

Hey! You can do most things on here but any post against the Mighty Bickle is pushing it too far.

Top scorer at the club for many seasons. Top man. Poached by the mighty Gillingham. Probably the best milkman turned pro-footballer ever!

I shall raise this in the mod-room.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: who is the new player (Nathan Thomas signs)   who is the new player (Nathan Thomas signs) EmptyMon Dec 23, 2013 8:23 pm

Winter Green wrote:
I'm getting Mike Bickle blasting the ball 20 yards high wide and handsome over the bar, and him doing his trademark toothless grimace, head in hands, "Ooooooohhhh !! so close, so unlucky". Unlucky Argyle. At least you're doing your best.

On a connected January note, I wonder if Jimmyboy thinks paying a fee for a player constitutes us cheating. As we all know he thinks us fans are into cheating at the first opportunity we get being the ungentlemanly oiks we are.
Heaven forbid a professional football club should actually pay for a player or sign anyone that wasn't "off the dole"

Surely you meant Colin Sullivan - poor guy hit chunks outa the De'mport roof for a pastime!! Laughing Laughing 
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: who is the new player (Nathan Thomas signs)   who is the new player (Nathan Thomas signs) EmptyMon Dec 23, 2013 8:32 pm

No sweat Knecht. Bix was a matinee idol in my books as well and hit the ball harder than Wotton. But he made me and my friends laugh with his amateur dramatics and did on occasion hit the roof of the Devonport with gusto that he would put down as a near miss.

We had our own versions of what he was really saying whilst holding his head. Being ever so slightly rotund, the favourite was imagining him walking late into Ivor Dewdney's after a game, sink to his knees in despair and cry "What, no pasties ?!!"

PS Yes Bandy, Sullivan was also a bit wayward, especially his trademark slice into touch. However, I haven't seen anyone come close to him at full back since Connolly left
Back to top Go down
pepsipete

pepsipete

PostSubject: Re: who is the new player (Nathan Thomas signs)   who is the new player (Nathan Thomas signs) EmptyMon Dec 23, 2013 9:05 pm

John Delve closed Plymouth Zoo by killing all the giraffes
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: who is the new player (Nathan Thomas signs)   who is the new player (Nathan Thomas signs) EmptyMon Dec 23, 2013 9:19 pm

All I want to know is that he is under 30 has some fitness and is not carrying an ongoing injury which as we know is not usually the case. Laughing 
Back to top Go down
pepsipete

pepsipete

PostSubject: Re: who is the new player (Nathan Thomas signs)   who is the new player (Nathan Thomas signs) EmptyMon Dec 23, 2013 9:38 pm

And does not sod off home to some foreign country and can not be contacted.
Back to top Go down
Rollo Tomasi

PostSubject: Re: who is the new player (Nathan Thomas signs)   who is the new player (Nathan Thomas signs) EmptyMon Dec 23, 2013 10:40 pm

Bandwagon wrote:
Surely you meant Colin Sullivan - poor guy hit chunks outa the De'mport roof for a pastime!! Laughing Laughing 

And surely you meant Peter Darke. I always remember Sullivan as being a very good passer.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: who is the new player (Nathan Thomas signs)   who is the new player (Nathan Thomas signs) EmptyMon Dec 23, 2013 11:58 pm

Winter Green wrote:
No sweat Knecht. Bix was a matinee idol in my books as well and hit the ball harder than Wotton. But he made me and my friends laugh with his amateur dramatics and did on occasion hit the roof of the Devonport with gusto that he would put down as a near miss.

We had our own versions of what he was really saying whilst holding his head. Being ever so slightly rotund, the favourite was imagining him walking late into Ivor Dewdney's after a game, sink to his knees in despair and cry "What, no pasties ?!!"

PS Yes Bandy, Sullivan was also a bit wayward, especially his trademark slice into touch. However, I haven't seen anyone come close to him at full back since Connolly left

True.

His passion for playing has been equalled only by Wotton. And I seem to remember players booting the ball onto the roof more often in those days. We could have done with that on a couple of occasions on Saturday.

Did Sullivan play for England U21s or U23s? And, Mr Tomasi, Sullivan was a top player and a good passer but he was prone to finding touch at times. Where is he now?

Edit to add: He's now running his own gardening business. And he played twice for the U23s.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: who is the new player (Nathan Thomas signs)   who is the new player (Nathan Thomas signs) EmptyTue Dec 24, 2013 7:41 am

I think it's Nathan Thomas. An 18 yr old just released by Sunderland who may or may not have signed a contract with Darlington which is the issue over whether he has already got a club or not.

Does the club need another unproven youngster?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: who is the new player (Nathan Thomas signs)   who is the new player (Nathan Thomas signs) EmptyTue Dec 24, 2013 7:50 am

knecht wrote:
Winter Green wrote:

True.

His passion for playing has been equalled only by Wotton. And I seem to remember players booting the ball onto the roof more often in those days. We could have done with that on a couple of occasions on Saturday.

Did Sullivan play for England U21s or U23s? And, Mr Tomasi, Sullivan was a top player and a good passer but he was prone to finding touch at times. Where is he now?

Edit to add: He's now running his own gardening business. And he played twice for the U23s.

I went to the game against Bulgaria I think - not often an England side played at HP but obviously slipped him in to keep the home fans sweet, think the the crowd was 20k plus early 70's?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: who is the new player (Nathan Thomas signs)   who is the new player (Nathan Thomas signs) EmptyTue Dec 24, 2013 9:22 am

I think it was my boy hood hero norman piper, who played against bulgaria for the england under 23, there was around twenty three thousand at homepark for that one(including this real fan) sullivan i think played against polands under 23. if speccy finishes his home park vandalism the capacity will be 15ooo. i belive, still none of speccy's boys will ever get near playing for england sadly!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: who is the new player (Nathan Thomas signs)   who is the new player (Nathan Thomas signs) EmptyTue Dec 24, 2013 9:35 am

Norman Piper - one of my early heroes. I watched him score a fabulous goal from a free kick that ben around the wall .... and those were the days of heavy leather balls! Nicky Jennings also came from that era. But Mike Bickle will always be the pinnacle of watching in them days.
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: who is the new player (Nathan Thomas signs)   who is the new player (Nathan Thomas signs) EmptyTue Dec 24, 2013 10:56 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

28000 for the 1970 one! And there was old Daniel saying that Plymouth couldn't support a first division club! jocolor lol! Just shows the useless directorship that we've had to suffer for the past zillion years.
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: who is the new player (Nathan Thomas signs)   who is the new player (Nathan Thomas signs) EmptyTue Dec 24, 2013 11:44 am

Greenjock wrote:
I think it's Nathan Thomas. An 18 yr old just released by Sunderland who may or may not have signed a contract with Darlington which is the issue over whether he has already got a club or not.

That would be about right. Aren't Darlington now about a tier 15 club?
Back to top Go down
PlymptonPilgrim
Admin
PlymptonPilgrim

PostSubject: Re: who is the new player (Nathan Thomas signs)   who is the new player (Nathan Thomas signs) EmptyTue Dec 24, 2013 12:31 pm

Greenjock wrote:

Probably not, but he'll be cheap - and don't forget to doff your cap at that fine gentleman Mr Brent who is clearly backing the manager financially.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: who is the new player (Nathan Thomas signs)   who is the new player (Nathan Thomas signs) EmptyTue Dec 24, 2013 12:42 pm

PlymptonPilgrim wrote:
Greenjock wrote:

Probably not, but he'll be cheap - and don't forget to doff your cap at that fine gentleman Mr Brent who is clearly backing the manager financially.

Good old posh jimmy helping the unemployed, another desperate wannabee who no one, not even the unfortunate darlington want, our relegation rivals must be shitting themselves.
Back to top Go down
argyl3

argyl3

PostSubject: Re: who is the new player (Nathan Thomas signs)   who is the new player (Nathan Thomas signs) EmptyTue Dec 24, 2013 1:02 pm

Yep Nathan Thomas. confirmed

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Cheap buy or Panic buy thats the question???
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: who is the new player (Nathan Thomas signs)   who is the new player (Nathan Thomas signs) EmptyTue Dec 24, 2013 1:06 pm

Let's hope he does what he says, goes around defenders and scores or at least puts a decent cross in.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: who is the new player (Nathan Thomas signs)   who is the new player (Nathan Thomas signs) EmptyTue Dec 24, 2013 1:35 pm

So, he's had offers from Premier League clubs, but turned them down in favour of Argyle.

I'll stick my neck out and say there may just be an incy wincy bending of the truth there.  Very Happy 

I sincerely hope he does well, because if he makes statements like that, then turns out to be shite, he'll look a proper tw@.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: who is the new player (Nathan Thomas signs)   who is the new player (Nathan Thomas signs) EmptyTue Dec 24, 2013 1:41 pm

He definitely fancies himself and that's not necessarily a bad thing, but it's one thing talking the talk and another walking it. Let's see.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: who is the new player (Nathan Thomas signs)   who is the new player (Nathan Thomas signs) EmptyTue Dec 24, 2013 1:43 pm

how have the club sanctioned this signing when the deadline for freebies and loans end last month and doesnt open up till jan  Neutral 
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: who is the new player (Nathan Thomas signs)   who is the new player (Nathan Thomas signs) Empty

Back to top Go down

who is the new player (Nathan Thomas signs)
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next